INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

I'm still around Alyson....as always....lol.  I sure hope your migraine lets up soon........I sympathise but luckily I haven't had one for ages.

Hope you manage to get some rest!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Must go and get my wheat bag - I put it on my feet, my toes are still numb from chemo. They get really cold and sore but i do have to be careful not to burn them - have done that. Think we are in for a frost tonight.

• chrissyb

We've had a frost here just about every night for the last four.   I'm not looking forward to next Thursday night as the weekly forecast if saying -3!!!!   BRRRRRR!!!!!   I'm with you on the wheatbag thing as my toes get so cold even in UGH boots that they go numb and they do get sore.

• mrsnjband
    mrsnjband Member Posts: 64

Wow you are having frost, we are having temps of 100+ for the last 2 weeks.  Way too hot.... NJ

• chrissyb

NJ, do you think that somehow somewhere the weather for both of us could meet, intergrate and come up with something that is somewhere in the middle?   Now wouldn't that be nice!!!!   lol

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164

Hey Chrissy you still around, I actually slept last night but now at 4.30am wide awake, didn't sleep night before last but no dared iternet so just watched telly all night.

• chrissyb

I'm here Cheryl!

• hbcheryl

Sounds like its chilly in SA, it's absolutely beautiful here.  Spent yesterday afternoon wandering around an outside mall with friends, went to a movie and late lunch kind of a perfect day, think I might get up and make breakfast.

• chrissyb

It sure is cold, but a fire helps to keep me nice and warm.....  What are you making for breakfast?  Sounds like your day was just perfect!  Where I live there are no outdoor malls, in fact there are no malls at all....lol....the twon is way too small....population 1500.

• hbcheryl

I usually have oatmeal (porridge to you) and of course a nice cup of tea.  Get my tea from the UK.  I have company coming from the UK next weekend for 3 weeks so I've placed an order for tea and chocolate - lots of chocolate, I've lived here a long time and still don't like Hersheys chocolate that they all love, same as Sees candy.  At Christmas everyone gives boxes of Sees, I give mine away just don't like it but english chocolate now thats another thing.

• chrissyb

I am presuming you mean Cadbury's?

• hbcheryl

Yes I do but I'm not picky like Galaxy and Terrys as well.  I'm terrible I have such a sweet tooth, breakfast cup is okay but after that cannot have a cup of tea with a biscuit to go with it, it's my down fall, ah well too bad.

• hbcheryl

I meant without dahhhh

• chrissyb

I have my moments re chocolate....sometimes I will really make a pig of myself and then I won't touch it for months.......but......put a cream cake or cheesecake under my nose and I'm totally done for......lol. Some years ago I met Tim Cadbury, one of the owners of Cadbury's but I do know that he sold his share and retired......this is going back thirty odd years ago so I would assume that he is no longer with us.  He was a really lovely man.

• hbcheryl

Ahhh Chrissy I love cake as well like I said "sweet tooth" the other night when I saw those pics posted of the sponge cakes brought back lots of memories of my Mum, she was a plain cook but had a light hand in the cake making department, she was a whiz, she's been gone 27 years but if I close my eyes I can still taste her Apple Charlotte, my all time favourite.

• hbcheryl

Okay I'm going to sign off and go start my day early.  See you tonight ((HUG))

• chrissyb

See you tonight Cheryl.....have a good day!!!!

• Ondagrow
    Ondagrow Member Posts: 133

HI ALL...

ROUGH DAY...

I HOPE YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES ARE IN GOOD SPIRIT...

I AM TIRED OF CANCER... GOOD NIGHT...

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246

well bad news about cadbury's ,it was taken over by usa company so hope recipe does not change,  thorntons not doing well either!  going home next month, so hope i can find some good chocolate to stock up on!  anybody else tried the chip shop curry granules?     hoping to go and see harry potter on wed, supposed to go tonight but the others have got some kind of a stomach bug, off to bed now, sleep well everybody

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Hadley, as Barbe would say HEHEHEHE. glad they were so nice.

This is a popin popout will be back if sleep doesn't visit. L&H's

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Just passing before thinking about tea.

Cadbury's here tried to change some of the recipes that have been used here for nearly 100years and there was such a backlash they had to change back!! Actually they tried to sell us Aussie chocolate as well and that didn't work either. Fussy lot us Kiwis. Its just like me and my coffee.

• hbcheryl

Yes Juliet I have tried the granules, and I really like them when my friend comes over he brings us the Chicken and Beef not so crazy about the Cheese.  Huh Alyson wait till Chrissy comes here and goes out for a cup of tea they've never heard of boiling the water the Bunn coffee machines have a "hot" water feature and by "hot" I mead "tepid" the best place for a decent cup is Starbucks as they actually boil the water but it's a paper cup!!!!

• anumacha
    anumacha Member Posts: 61

My phone service n internet were down 24 hrs...poof it was gone! SO I am back after whining to repair that this is my life line. We had monsoon rain and the new building leaks every door, the new dock and surprise a production room n the old dock. I was standing in a grewing puddle this stuff has to go uphill to get to a drain.My staff was not all in - the guys got messages to meet me with mops and buckets is so hard. They left to get the floor scrubber...lets see I had the mini carpet scrubber got the mats done and attacked the puddle with my broom. I was done, had sucked up the smaller puddle, and was going over the big puddle area to get it damp dry...they came in with big blue 2 of them - only one can use it. I just looked at them and told the I was done, go get the mop and bucket to clean up the dirt in 3 rooms. They decide to do it with a dust mop, then said they needed to get a mop and bucket...gotta love them. I cant wait for another day to find out what they did not do.

Cadbury...ours here is a little waxey. I have a candy maker that does candy by hand still, pricey but well worth it.

My sicko cat is crying and driving my crazy...I put the antibiotic in his whitefish n sardine cubed cat food - he ate all the gravy. This storm is bothering him for some reason.

God bless and everybody try to get some sleep.

• anumacha
    anumacha Member Posts: 61

Hadley - drink container that floats styrofoam ice chest, or one of those blowup rings- one of the girls uses those for the pool party with a cheap bowl in the middle. You might want to anchor it with a brick or string to a wall. I have too much organic stuff growing no room for a pool, plus we are a gated community and we are no allowed to have even wading pools due to kids and they have to be emptied every day. We actually have a community well so no pools, car washes etc.

• rohanna
    rohanna Member Posts: 154
    chrissyb, I finally got some boswellia and a bottle of curcumin today. I'll keep you updated on the results. THANK YOU! I'll check back in later. Hope you are well!Laughing
  • chrissyb

Hi all!!!

Anum, don't you hate it when you are trying to get meds into a sick animal and they refuse to eat it and you have to end up stuffing down their throat?  R really hate doing that but sometimes it becomes neccessary.

Rohanna, I hope you have as much success with the boswellia as I have.   I am doing just fine, thanks for asking.

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

I got my surgery date for my prophylactic mastectomy - August 10. My latest bout of insomnia seems to have run its course. I've been sleeping well at night, even after napping during the day. Heading to bed now. Good night all.

• chrissyb

Hauntie that's great news!  I so glad that you are managing to get some good sleep!  Hope it keep up!!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439

Hi ladies, expecting sleeples night as I wait for the am when I will be having the the last part of the MRI I walked out on a month ago.  Hubby came home Mon night and I thought/hoped I would have to wait up to two weeks for catch-up app't, but NOO! Thursday, she says, after not finding any record of my previous visit.  So I give her my patient ID# and thus sentence myself to another bout of torture, admittedly, with the aid of a sedative this time.  I just hope it works!

I will stay up late and then, hopefully, I will be so tired the sedative will be redundant.

Sheila.

• chrissyb

Hey Aussie, I'll sit here with you for a while if you like.  Even if you are tired, please take the sedative!!!  It will help to get you throught the MRI.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy