INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• MWS
    MWS Member Posts: 13

HI all.... nice to find this sight, something that  i need... too much on my mind to sleep.... recovering rom surgery on Wed... and can not sleep even with meds!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Hey everyone ---checking in haven't been here in awhile. Nothing real new or exciting, except Sitting to long at the computer is causing lower leg edema. It's always something. So, have modified time and sleeping with legs up if I've been here too long. DUH

Hope everyone's week has been going well?

• sas-schatzi

MWS- welcome, but sorry your having so much pain. Bummer. I wrote allot of stuff on evaluating pain and what to do on a different thread . I'll try and bring the kink here---be back

• sas-schatzi

Hey Nancy going to go get a link for mws be back shortly

• sas-schatzi

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topic/770655?page=1#idx_25

i'll test it in aminute after post and redo if it doesn't work

Okay tested it , it should work--------pain mgt used to be a special interest MWS. hope you find something useful if you try to go thereWink

• sas-schatzi

Nancy How's your baby--------I find it hard to leave schatz I feel so guilty. I so understand how you feel.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hi girls!!!   Nice to see you all here....it's been a quiet couple of days....lol

Nancy, I'm doing chicken maryland with stir fried veg and mushrooms.  The chicken with be browned on stove top and then the pan and all put into a hot oven for 25mins.  While its there I will sautee the mushrooms and when the chicken is done, take it from the oven and let stand while I stir fry the veg.  To plate, put veg, then chicken and mushrooms on top......Yumm.   Chicken ends up crispy skinned with very moist meat that melts in your mouth.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy sounds yum-------I went to the cupboard tonite and the cupboard was bare-------had cereal and grahmam crackers LOL

• sas-schatzi
    Nancy--------DS thinks I'm making the dog neurotic and I think it's just her and it's getting worse with age. She's a ball of anxiety. She pokes her head out the door and if she hears a noise or shadows aren't right she won't go out now at night. Real glad I spent thousands on fencing LOL andUndecided
  • chrissyb

Shiela, that's not very nutritious!   You need to do some shopping girl and get some of the good stuff into you!........that sounds like something a teenager would eat.....lol

Nancy, I would rather eat chicken than any other protien purely because it doesn't take too much chewing!

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy Well the salad makings I just bought not too many days ago were bad, so in the garbage they went. Bummer. Yes shopping is a problem. Greg used to plan meals days ahead. I'm a ---"Well i'm hungry now and no plan" person.

• sas-schatzi

Would you believe I found out last year I'm allergic to chicken----imagine, it was a severalx's per week staple

• sas-schatzi

Nancy this whole shadow thing started when there was a snake on the deck and then that night  a cat on top of a truck across the street Looked spooky Like a big monster.

• chrissyb

I can't afford to be a no plan girl when it comes to food in my pantry, freezer and fridge.  I live too far away from the supermarket with all the good really fresh stuff that sells at a resonable price.  I have to make sure I have a range of products so I can go Oh, I think I'll make whatever tonight and know I havethe ingredients.  The little supermarket here where I live is purely for emergencies only as it is very expensive to the tune of for instance $2 more than I pay in  the city for a box of cereal.   Can't afford that but I always know I have enough to feed an army almost and we could live from my stash for weeks....lol

• sas-schatzi

I know there's an answer, but I don't have it.  I know I have developed a lot of food allergies since the chemical year of 2009-------chemo/anesthesia/pain meds/arimidex.------all influencing immunity. I tried chicken twice in last two weeks---lets just say response was not good.

• chrissyb

I can imagine why Schatzi thought the cat on top of a truck looked like a monster.......were you never a kid  who thought the tree tapping against the window in a storm was a monster or the shsadow cast by that tree in a full moon was something sinister?  I get where she's coming from. 

• sas-schatzi

Oh well last post went to the netherworld, but Chrissy it was along the same lines as what you said, so I understand her response.

• sas-schatzi

MWS must have thought we weren't responding , I pm'd her to come on back. Hope she sees the thread

• chrissyb

Nancy, it's not just the cost it's also the quality of the fresh food.  I have bought things that look okay but last a day or two in the fridge which tells that it's not fresh at all but weeks old.  Where I shop in the city, I have to drive past it on my way home so it's a good place and they buy fruit and veg direct from the growers which are about 20 miles from the supermarket.  I have picked up a very small cauliflower that weighed so heavy for it's size it amazed me and I knew it was extremely fresh as it had not had time to dehydrate.  Now that's what I call fresh! 

• chrissyb

Shiela, I have found that a lot of girls find the thread, post once and then leave, they don't seem to stick around for the conversation.

• sas-schatzi

My little Queen 70lbs is laying on Greg's bed with her head on the pillow. pampered or what

• chrissyb

Shame you can't take a pic and post it Shiela.

• sas-schatzi

Nancy haven't tried turkey probably should give it a try. My pcp had this blood test done at the end of 2009 that tested for 150 items. The list has proved true. Coffee and chocolate , basil, black pepper, pineapple, almost all grains. When I eat something on the list the reactions very Pineapple/ rye cause gums to swell. Chicken vomiting, coffee /basil -reflux. Weird, but true. There's a whole bunch more , but you get the idea

• ATeamNana
    ATeamNana Member Posts: 224

Hi girls...I've lurked on this site a few times but don't remember if I ever posted.

I'm trying to unwind so I can sleep but dealing with my high anxiety tonight so thought I'd check to see if anyone was on here....I'm from Illinois ......It is hot hot hot here

• chrissyb

I'm really loathe to buy from the refridgerated section of the local supermarket as once when I was away, DH bought himself some cheese and metwurst for his tea but ended up the next day with food poisoning and I bought some pakaged chees from there some time ago now and it looked just fine until I opened it and found it mouldy!  That sort of thing tells me that they are not storing the foods properly.  The only way the cheese would mould is if it gets warm, sweats as cheese will and then chilled again instead of being kept at a constant temperature.

• chrissyb

Hi Nana, welcome to the conversation!

• ATeamNana

Thanks....

• chrissyb

Nana, what's making you so anxious?  Perhaps chatting about it would help.

• sas-schatzi

I wish I could post pics too, but it's a skill that I haven't mastered LOL Google german wirehaired pointer. She's a complete liver color that is a really rich deep mahogany. They have this beard that's really unusual.

• ATeamNana

I have a hard time getting my brain to shut down at night.

I'm just a worry wart and worry about everything...