INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• thats-life-
    thats-life- Member Posts: 169

hi alyson :)

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

I have no problem with your user name as it is........it is a statement of fact........and wether you post on a very sad thread or not has nothing to do with your name and everything to do with how you feel.  Change it if you wish, but I see no need.  If you did, TL or Tlife are both fine.

Howdy Alyson, how 's your head?

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164

Hi Alyson, we're not all asleep but I need to go to bed soon, I have company coming tomorrow so I've just finished flicking the feather duster and broom around now all I have to do is make up one more bed but can't do that till the morning.

Re Milo:  There are a few things that I still ask for when I have visitors from home and one is Milo, I absolutely love it sprinkled on vanilla ice cream.  Last week I was in a Korean supermarket and lo and behold there on the shelf was Milo $4 for a big tin so now I know where to go and get it, you learn something new every day.

• chrissyb

Cheryl, you found Milo in a Korean Market?  Wow!  strange place to find it but glad you did.  Oh and thanks for the heads up, I'll bring a can with me for my nightly cup.....lol

• hbcheryl

Hi TL, you chose that name for a reason and it's your statement and it's true.

• thats-life-

thanks hb, chrissy,...i suppose sometimes nothing sounds right when there is a very sad post.

im not a milo girl, im a chocolate quick girl :)

• hbcheryl

The have Ovaltine here but to me it's not the same and if you're used to a nightly cup then yes bring a small tin.  My girlfriend came back from Melborne yesterday and dropped by my office this afternoon and brought me Monte Carlos, Chocolate Montes and Coconut Ice ... I am in heaven.

• chrissyb

TL I like that for cold milk in the summer but I like my milo hot......lol   Funny how we all have our little quirks!

• chrissyb

Cheryl, don't eat them all at once now!  We must be alike as they are my favs as well!

• hbcheryl

No I am a complete hoarder with my cookies.  I hide them in the back of the fridge and allow myself two with a cup of tea at night and everyone knows DON'T touch them or there will be trouble!!!!

• chrissyb
    I know how you feel....lol......there are times when I'll buy myself a treat but I always have to be sure to tell DH that it's mine because I usually make it last and if it's there longer than a day or two he decides I dont want it and consumes the lot!   WHen I go to get some for myself...yup  it's all gone!    So frustrating!
  • thats-life-

my upbringing was very strict, alot of 'discipline, manners, rules' etc...2 biscuits was our maximum, same as 2 squares of chocolate ONLY...i am yet to break that habit..but my daughter, who i have bought up quite liberally, will plough through a pkt of biscuits in 24 hrs!, and chocolate has no hope of staying in our cupboard....my grandmother once told me off for eating the icing first on a piece of cake...for years i felt guilty if i did that...these days i say 'go for the icing! and to hell with the consequences..!' what a rebel! lol

• hbcheryl

The worst for me is soda I'll buy a case of soda and it goes in the fridge in the garage, I don't drink a lot of it but every now and again I like a can, so I go to get a can and all gone, it's summer kid home from college, kids in and out all day what can I expect, I don't care if you drink 11 cans out of the box just leave me one........

• hbcheryl

TL my Mum & Dad grew up in the depression, my Dad would rattle the kettle he knew exactly how much water for one cup, for two cups - you didn't waste gas heating water that wasn't being used.

• chrissyb

I have no problem keeping soda in my fridge as DH doesn't drink it........and that's he only reason I can keep it there!!!   I just keep two in the fridge as I rarely drink it myself but every now and then I get a craving for a Pepsi Max.  I have learnt over the years to deny myself nothing if I really want it, but I've got to really want it.

• hbcheryl

Yup only time I really want soda is if there is pizza - pizza and pepsi go together for me, mostly I'm a water or cup of tea girl.

• chrissyb

As I said, we are alike....lol as that's usually when I want one too....lol.....I usually have a cup of tea next to me at all times and each time I make a cup of tea, I hae a glass of water and everytime I drink a cup of tea and have a glass of water I need to pee so I end up creating a circle of footprints,  bathroom, kitchen lounge and back to the bathroom dropping off the cup to the kitchen on the way through....hahahahaha!

• thats-life-

just changed my pic, this is my daughter giving me a kiss on my birthday, sitting on the floor openeing my pressies

• hbcheryl

Too funny.  I used to work in Los Angeles and said I could write a book giving directions to all public toilets off the freeway off ramps, cause I'd have my tea then get in the car and along the way have to stop.  Well must hit the hay and try and sleep.  Last night I took a sleeping pill and slept from 10pm till 8am and then was late for work, ah well tonight I'l try and just nod off.  Nite all.

• chrissyb

Nice pic TL......that is so cute!   On my birthday last year, I got a pick of two of my grandsons kissing both cheeks at the same time....such a wonderful memory!

• chrissyb

Night Cheryl, hope you manage to get some good sleep happening!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• thats-life-

see you hb

• anumacha
    anumacha Member Posts: 61

Boss is back and stopped in to get paperwork, wife was with him. She was laughing because I put his stuff in envelopes...like new cell phone info, memory card was on the floor, manual was in with our checks and the quick manual & cord were on the other desk. Today he needed time cards and invoices - yep nice big envelop and everything was in a stack.

I grew up in areas that flooded frequently - so my problem cowkr left a utility basin hose running all night - it was not in the sink - hose was left on the FLOOR. It happened a couple months ago but they lost a ceiling tile. I got hit with setting up a new kitchen, so I go to see our boss and he says we created a big water leak. I could not lift this big plastic box and had to salvage stuff.I went to our maintainence dept for a shovel for ceiling tiles that fell. I spent 2 hours in a 9 ft by 10 ft room, clean the floor and told the dept head we needs to check 2 sealed boxes, yep more water to mop.

The staff said last time they got the water up but no one cleaned the floor or ask dept head to check wet boxes. They had to clean up the locked storage. I returned the shovel and they need paper towels! The 2 older guys said they asked last week, I dont understand because our storage is on 3 and the tool storage rooms are on 1.

Medicaid for everyone and the BCCP is so much fun now - copays are higher. I got my approval for another year - if we have no medical we need to have income below $1815 a month. But name band Arimidex is not covered any more, so my co-pays is more. The generic I had really intense reaction to it. Now even if they approve a generic  wde pay $ 3 and up, plus docs are have to call the meds in every month to medicaid

I am actually sleepy. Everyone have a good night

It was 102 here and the kitties got chilled can food, so I better stock up a few cans.

I go on binges with chocolate and rootbeer for a week then I am back to tea with everything. I will buy bags of lemons and do lemon n water. Our food machines were not working, even with a/c we are too hot. My neighbor was working late and had not eaten...he did not look good and he said he felt shakey. I had picked up a huge chicken salad sandwich but half is a meal plus I had 2 hot dogs n grapes. He took the sandwich n got lemonade. He felt better later and no longer has the dizziness. I keep popsicles and some are missing...the guys with the big machines raided the freezer...their area was over 110 with a/c on.

• chrissyb

Oh Anum, I sure hope the temperature drops soon as it sounds like an oven!

Sounds to me like your kitties are pretty spoiled.....which is a good thing by the way as mine are also spoiled.

Sure hope you manage to sleep well with the heat!

Love n hugs.  Chissy

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

What's Milo? I haven't been up at all during the wee hours to chat with you girls. As a matter of fact, I seem to be sleeping most of the time - nap during the day, sleep all night. Yesterday I dozed off while floating on a raft in a friend's pool. Temp is 98 and climbing. I'm eating a mango Italian ice and have the ac running full blast. Just about to head to the kitchen to make homemade manicotti for brother's 60th bday party tomorrow. Thank God for ac. Take care, all. Stay cool or warm as the case may be.

• hbcheryl

Hauntie Milo is a chocolate drink, like Nestles Quik or Ovaltine but it's granuals, you can have it hot or cold or I like it sprinkled over ice cream and if you have it cold you take a little hot water and pour it over the granuals to dissolve them - it's delicious.

We had cloud cover for most of the day yesterday but today the sun is shining, you poor guys in the mid-west and east are sweltering, today we're at about 80 so it's nice.  Enjoy your brothers party.

• deborahl
    deborahl Member Posts: 1

not having hormones anymore is for the birds, periods were so much better than dry skin, no sex drive, thin dry nails, hair and skin, hot flashes, insomnia, anxiety. thank god for xanax. lol the list goes on

• chrissyb

Hi Deborah welcome to the sleepless thread!  You are so right about the lack of hormones, it really is a pain but luckily, there are potions and lotions and sups that give us a bit of a lift and make it easier to get through.

Hauntie, I sure hope you enjoy your brother's birthday party!

Cheryl, hope your weather stays in the moderate zone!

Love n hugs all.  Chrissy

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

hey chrissy..went to the local organic market z(fresh) anyway..mangoes were .99 a lb..thats cheaper than there, right? im allergic to them, but looked in case.....3jays

• chrissyb

3jays, that sure is cheaper than here!  Thanks for looking and checking!