INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Shiela, posting pics here is easy!  If you wan a tutorial just let me know and I'll go through it step by step with you.   I have seen those dogs and they are beautiful!   Such perfect bone structure and stance.......very magesic!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

ATN we are here to help if we can

• chrissyb

Nana, have you tried soft music and meditation?  It helps to channel the mind away from the worries, helps the  body to relax and before you know it, you have driffted off to sleep. 

• sas-schatzi

ATN -----understand well. I find Ativan works well, but if you want to avoid a drug Certain teas are wonderful

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164

Hi everyone, after a day of laying by the pool and then walking on the beach my company are exhausted and gone to bed and I'm still awake.......

• chrissyb

I used it a lot when I was first Dx'd and for some time after now I take a melatonin and I still use the relaxation thingy and I sleep very well now.

• ATeamNana
    ATeamNana Member Posts: 224

I'm ok just stayed up past normal bedtime since we kept 2 grandsons overnight and they just went to sleep about an hour ago...their air conditioning is out at their house so son and DIL went to stay with her parents with the two babies and we have the two older ones... 6 and 7 year old are with us...they wear me out but I enjoy it also....

• hbcheryl

Nancy how was your trip?

• chrissyb

Hey Cheryl!  The laying by the pool and walking on the beach would tire anyone, why not you?

• sas-schatzi

Nancy-----I've done it too and then it's like DUH  on page turning

ATN anything in particular you want to chat about?

CHrissy and nancy ---the gwp-----is beautiful and she looks directly into your eyes , allot of dogs shy away from that.

• chrissyb

Oooo Nana, I just loved having my GS stayover when they were that age, it was the best!!!   I still like having them stay over which they do only occassionally now as they are 13 and 15.

• ATeamNana

I just took an ambien but it does not always work ....it is a low dose.  I have heard about ativan before and may ask my regular doctor about it...I've used the ambien since my DX in aug 09 so maybe Its time for a change

• chrissyb

Shiela the eye to eye thing with dogs is usually a challenge that's why they shy away from it.

• sas-schatzi

Hi cheryl

• hbcheryl

I'm doing good Nancy, Scottsdale is beautiful..... in the winter!!  Chrissy I think it's probably all the tea I've drunk today, these girls are tea-a-holics the kettle has been hot all day. 

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy I know definitely about the challenge thing. When a dog is comfortable with it , it's a real trust love thing----Awhhh melts my heart

• chrissyb

Need a bathroom break so I will be back in a couple of minutes.   Don't go away!

• ATeamNana

I'm good to talk about anything....I have a dog also...a schnauzer/terrior mix that is quite spoiled.

Chrissyb...the grandsons are a blast...we had one son...and now we have 4 grandsons...so I spoil my DIL...we have the 7 year 6 year old and the younger ones are  twin boys...they are 20 months...

• hbcheryl

Hi SAS, how are you tonight?

• sas-schatzi

Good Cheryl-----saw Harry potter last night with DS-------and then a special about JK Rowlings life story. I'm addicted to hp---so it was nice

• sas-schatzi

I'll pm ATN the page turned

• chrissyb

Wow Nana!  Twin boys how fabulous!  We had two daughters and one son, one daughter has no children, the other has two boys the 13 and 15yr olds and my son had one son before he died but his partner had a son who was only eighteen months old when they got together so I consider hima GS too and they are 12 and 14.  So like you, I have four boys!

• hbcheryl

SAS did you enjoy HP, I thought I'd wait a couple of weeks, I laugh at all the hype.  Only time I've ever stood in line for hours on an opening night was for Twilight, we took a group of 14 year old girls so it was fun hanging out with them.

Nancy turn the air con down in your room and pretend you're in Siberia......  your poor baby is going to be really mad at you, two weeks away in a row.

• sas-schatzi

I think we lost ATN--------

Nancy when you have time google GWP's they pretty routinely look right at the camera. That's kind of unusual. Their nature is pretty special. Not in love with my dog much , am I.

Cheryl do you have a pet baby.

Chrissy interested in knowing dose of melatonin too we never discussed that

• ATeamNana

They are so much fun....they were all here earlier (all 6 of them) we have a pool so they were cooling off then texted me later to see if the big boys could stay here...of course I said yes....

I would like to try some of the the nite time teas and I have not tried music and meditation....

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy we lost ATN when the page turned , I pm'd her

• chrissyb

Nancy, I find with the Melatonin, if you set your alarm you will wake no problem without the groggy feeling of sleeping pills.  Just take one per night and I think you will find you really need to allow a good eight hours for sleep time.  I don't take it too late at night unless I can sleep in in the morning as my body is now expecting those eight hours!

• hbcheryl

Yes he is a Parson Russell terrier, he's a shelter boy, he has a funny personality will bark when he meets you and then 10 minutes later he's sitting on your lap kissing you!!!!

• sas-schatzi

Cheryl I loved it. , I've read each of the books twice except for the last one. Reading is an issue with my brain injury, bummer.  and have all the movies, that i have too force myself to not watch more than I do.

ATN----so, nice to have all the GK's wow. I have none yet -same as you only one son.

• ATeamNana

what do you mean about page turning..sorry I'm not quite up to par on this chatting