INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Night Nancy, hope you sleep well!  Catch you tomorrow...maybe....lol

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164

Yes I think I need to start listening to my book on tape, last night I actually slept through midnight to 7am and didn't have to get up to pee once, I was shocked when I realized that this morning, that my friends is a once in a blue moon happening these days, and we'd stopped and ate late at Dennys where I had a glass of water, a glass of milk and then a cup of tea when we got home, on a normal night I'd have been up 2 or 3 times.  Nite all.

• chrissyb

Night Cheryl!  Hope you can sleep through the night!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439

If I don't 'go' every three hours during the night, I dream about trying to find a user friendly toilet.  Usually the first one I find is full of water and paper, the next one has a locked door, then there is the one where there is a que a mile long outside.  Then I am out in the bush looking for a big tree to hide behind and when I get behind it, a crowd comes walking by. 

If my dream lets me actually sit on a toilet..........I am in big trouble!  This all started the first night of my first chemo in '95, when I hurled myself out of the bed just in time.......mind you, I had a puddle to clean up once I stood upright............no carpet then thank goodness.  

Now I have that same dream every time I need to go while asleep............have tried to train myself to wake up when I recognise the scenes, but it hasn't worked so far.  I usually have to get up at least 2-3 times each night and, on the very rare ocassions when I don't, my first reaction on waking is to feel the bed under me.

Sheila.

• chrissyb

Hey Aussie, how are you doing tonight?  I've had those same kinds of dreams at odd times but I have sat.....but thank goodness have managed to wake before I've wet the bed!  It's been that way since I had my first DD and was dealing with the usual sleep deprivation of a new mum!

• AussieSheila

I remember those times well Chrissy, I had about 7 yrs of it!  My D-i-law is still going through it 10-11months later, says she won't be having another one after this. 

Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow when I should hear the result of the MRI last week.  Got a feeling it won't be good, but worried that DH is going to take it badly.  He thinks his Dr Red (Resveratrol) is going to cure me..............!  When I tried to clue him in to the problems he poo-poohed me, said I was inagining things.

Leaves a bad taste in one's mind.

Sheila.

• chrissyb

I just hate having to pass on bad news as I know DH and the kids will never take it well so I have a tendancy to down play the whole thing until they get used to the idea but that doesn't always work...lol  I have just done my reorder for all my supps and sometimes wonder why I am taking them all but I will admit, I do feel better when on them and I do notice a difference if I run out before the next lot arrives.  It sort of gives one a little bit of hope that maybe we are helping to slow the progressions down a little but always live in the knowledge that they are still moving ever forward.

I'm hoping that your results are not as bad as you think and I sure hope that your DH doesn't fall to pieces.   (((((hugs))))))

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• AussieSheila

Thanks Chrissy, you are so good at bolstering us up when we aren't feeling positive.

Hugs back at ya,

Sheila.

Oooh, it's 1 am here.

• ATeamNana
    ATeamNana Member Posts: 224

Just a quick pop in before bedtime. I want to thank those i spoke to on this board last night...

It helped immensly....I still had high anxiiety all day today..but we had quite a weather change...lack of sleep last nite and kept two oldest grandkids overnight and until 3:00 this afternoon......could explain alot.  I have had f1/2  xanax this morning and 1/2 this evening and now I took ambien and am headed to la la land unless of course it does not work tonight again...so I will possibly chat with some of you later....sweet dreams......Marsha

• anumacha
    anumacha Member Posts: 61

ok this has been a long weekend, the old malabar ulcers are back on my reconstructed foot, at least the swelling and huge blister are gone. It burns but the worst is the itching plus I was dealing with side effects from the ALS - nausea and vertigo...hmm wall paper moving is not a good sign. I had to go get kitty litter- I was checking to see if my population had increased or they had a party. I treated myself to a milkshake that just gave me a headache so I took otc antivert and slept.

It is in the mid 80's but heat index is 95! I am up late doing laundry and baking chicken in the middle of the nite.

I dont dream or I have no memory...I stayed up most of sat dealing with the ulcers to keep them open to air and rinse and coated them every 2 hrs...there is no cure. I may go to the doctor mon or tues but I have kept the inflammation localized, steroids, antifungals and antibiotics make it worse. just another thing to deal with...it is the worst I have seen it since 86 si I do think my ALS is contributing.

Chicken is baking with parmesan italian dressing, stuffing and dessert some fruit. My sis cannot believe I am cooking - told her I have to eat. I notice I do better with my home made stuff than fast food. Taco bell is the only thing open late - it is an older one and they really load up whatever you order, plus if I cant tolerate something they are good about not putting it in my food.

ok I am off to check laundry, switch loads and get some chicken!

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

night ladies, just wanted to pop in before i hit the bed.. still decluttering here... i think i goofed today, and took double the amt of synthyroid.. i DID get much more energy, too bad it was all night, in the early AM. still working on that.. but, at least i got something done.. now, if its' at the right hours, life would be so good... oh well, any movement is good! .hope you all had a good weekend........3jays

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164

Just popping in to say hi, I've been doing well in the sleep department, running around visitors has kept me on my toes so I'm completely exhaused at the end of the day.

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

Seem to be having another bout with insomnia. I haven't even tried to go to sleep yet. Was up until after 3:00 yesterday, too. Didn't sleep particularly well and had to get up at 9:00 for an appointment. Any other night owls out there?

• chrissyb

Hi Haunie, I'm here!

• Daydreamernh
    Daydreamernh Member Posts: 20

My worst nights are after treatments, the steroids gives me lots of energy and a huge appetite for 3/4 days which is OK with me. Downside  NO SLEEP! 

• Hauntie

Hi gals. Was keeping myself entertained playing Zuma Blitz on facebook.

• Daydreamernh

LOL I am hooked on Gardens of time on facebook!

• Hauntie

Surgery date for PMX is only 2 weeks away. I've been thinking a lot about it, just to make sure this is what I really want to do. Basically it's a "which look do I dislike least" decision. I've actually been able to get a pretty good idea of what my chest will look like post surgery. Believe it or not, I've found myselt standing topless in front of a mirror and pushing my remaining breast to the side to get an idea of what having no breasts will look like. I even have an appropriately placed scar due to reduction on that breast from an unsucessful reconstruction attempt. Then I let my breast fall back into place and I'm doing "which is better - this or this?" like I'm in an optomotrist office getting my eyes checked. After 17+ years with one breast, this is going to be a real change. I think I'm ready for it.

• Hauntie
    I play Garden of Time, too. I hate when it makes me build stuff I don't want so I can get new puzzles. I'm very fussy about how my garden looks.Laughing
  • Hauntie

Almost won a game of mah jong. Think it's time to try and get some sleep.

• chrissyb

Hi Daydreamer welcome to the allnight thread!   Allmost like the allnight diner.........lol

Hauntie, I've got one hung low as well but lately I have seriously been thinking of having it off a it really is causing me some physical problems.  The breast itself is healthy but it gives me some bad skeletal problems because of being lop sided.  Some times I wish we could put the surgeons in our place to actually feel the problems leaving one can cause.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

hey chrissy, just stopping by to ck the threads. i think my bodys adj to the new meds.. ive spent the day in the Bath rm.. but, if its working, it has to "redirect" alittle. im sure. Im hoping its' a sign my GI is doing a better job!!!later.........hi hauntie......3jays

• chrissyb

3jays, hereá hoping it's starting to work but be careful that your GI is not overstimulated as that will bring other problems.........later!

• Daydreamernh

Hauntie,

Can I steal your photo avatar, I love it.  Just started a New England Breast Cancer Sister in Hope facebook Group, trying to figure out how to  post links so I can get out there.

• Hauntie

Just a last check to see if there was any action before I went to bed. Chrissy - I don't have any physical problems being one breasted. It's much more cosmetic. Over time the answer to the question of "What's wrong with this picture?" has changed from the breast that is missing to the one that remains. I've struggled with it for a long time. I decided to have the surgery now because I have the summer off to heal. After the PMX, my left thumb joint is getting reconstructed - probably at the very end of August.

• chrissyb

Hauntie, I remember you said you were having your thumb reconstructed but I had forgotten that it was so close....end August is just four weeks away!  I sure hope you are feeling okay from the PMX before that is done!

• Hauntie

Daydreamer - be my guest. I found it online. I've been looking for a no breasted one, to replace it, but haven't found one I like yet. I think I'll go with my BC angel leading up to my surger. I'll have to join the N.E. Facebook group. I live near Boston.

• Hauntie

Chrissy - I had the right one done in June. The surgery was a piece of cake - local anestesia and sedation - took about an hour. About 4 hours post surgery was a whole different story - pain wise, but that subsided quickly. I'll have a cast on for a couple weeks. I am so looking forward to not having to struggle to hook a bra during that healing process.

• Daydreamernh

I was one breasted for one month before they removed the other. It did feel weird but have been flat for 7 years now.   I am okay with it that way except for some extra tissue , ears under my arm pits, thinking about revision surgery. Just started the  New England group tonight.

Nite all!

Liz

• Hauntie

Liz - I just checked it out and sent you a request to join. Who is that cutie in your profile picture? - Lynda