INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Sorry, had to go light the fire as it's getting chilly......BRRRRR!

Glad the thumb recon is not that bad but your are right abought not having to fumble with bra hooks will definitely be a good thing.

• chrissyb

Night Liz!  Sleep well and I'll catch you another night!

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

What to do about wearing a bra while my right thumb heals was the final straw in how much I hate being asymetrical. I knew I couldn't hook a bra. Also couldn't go out without a bra. Tried a sports bra, but my prosthesis didn't fit. I ended up making do with a soft prosthesis I had and a sock to try and get something that looked ok. That was it. I had dealt with this issue before and I just didn't want to do it anymore.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

LIZ: IMHO: the surgery to get the dog ears removed was the BEST thing thats' happened to me since this all started. i hated them!!!just sayin.......3jays

• Hauntie

3 jays - I did the surgery to get the dog ear removed several years ago and it came back - smaller but its there. I asked my BS if she could do it again when she does the PMX. She said I'd end up with a scar halfway across my back and I would probably still get some extra tissue there. She said the solution is liposuction.

• chrissyb

Hauntie, I think we all get to a point where we say enough is enough and it's time to do something about what's been bothering for longer than we like to admit.  I applaud your decision and your determination to carry it through to the conclusion.  You will feel a whole lot better once you are done with all surgeries and have healed.  Next summer for you will be one you can really enjoy!

• Hauntie

I think it's time to head for bed. The sun will be up shortly. If I can't fall asleep, I'll head out for an early morning walk on the beach.

• chrissyb

Night Hauntie, hope you manage to get some sleep!!!  Catch you tomorrow....maybe....lol

Love n hus.  Chrissy  

• Hauntie

Chrissy - I'm also thinking of this surgery as an end to my personal battle with BC. After 17+ years without a reoccurance or a new primary, I figure having the surgery lowers my risk for ever developing another primary to a point where I won't really have to think about it anymore. I know with BC we can never say never again, but this is as close as I can get to that. I also realize that my breast cancer journey will never end, as long as there are others out there still being diagnosed. I've been away from the walks, fund raisers, forums, message boards, support groups etc. for way too long. It's time to start paying it forward in a bigger way than I have in the past.

Now - I'm really going to sleep OR for a walk on the beach - whichever comes first. Laughing

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,513

Looks as though everyone's just leaving, but hello anyway!

Judith

• chrissyb

Hi Judith, how are you doing?  Hope your night was not too hectic!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Hauntie

Whoa - that all night on line session really took its toll on me. I feel like I have a sleep deprivation hang over. I won't be doing that again for a while.  I got up about 4 hours ago and still have a headache - excedrin migraine hasn't done its usual magic. I just took a shower - maybe some toast and a good nap and I'll feel better.

• chrissyb

Hauntie, sounds to me like your body didn't get enough sleep and it's wildly protesting!  Hope the toast and nap worked!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,513

Hauntie, maybe you just need more practice staying up late? Smile

Judith

• Hauntie

Chrissy - the nap and toast helped, but it's 1:00 a.m. and I'm packing it in. Good night/morning all.

• chrissyb

Night Hauntie.......sleep well!!!!!

Love n hugs.   Chrissy

• chrissyb

Hi Judith, nice to see you!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hi Chrissy.

Starting to think about tea but it might be a bit later as friends are coming over for a drink.

• chrissyb

Hi Alyson, I've decided to make left over pies for tea.  I checked the fridge and I though not enough leftovers for individual meals but I can do a couple of thing and turn the whole lot in to little bite sized pies.............now that's what I call easy tea!!!  I won't be heading back to the kitchen for a couple of hours yes as it's on;y 2.45pm here so it's a bit early.......lol.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164

Hi Chrissy can I come for tea cause I'd like a pie!!!!!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

hey Cheryl and Chrissy , I'm working on best longest period without sleep. This is fri2:24 am and I've been up since wed am. Duh  I hurt all over. The insomnia from the aromasin and pain meds. UGH.

I would love little pies are they in tart pans or folded over? 

• hbcheryl

Awww SAS don't you just hate when that happens, hope the sandman comes and sprinkles sleepy sand in your eyes soon.

• sas-schatzi

Cheryl, Thanks I've tried everything I can think of.-so here I am

Chrissy I went to my health food store and FORGOT the melatonin------sheesh I only went in for two items and forget one*^%$^&*( 

• sas-schatzi

Cheryl I saw your note on your ________terrier, and you said it was stockier than the jack russel? What were they bred for. Are the as fiesty as the JR. 

• sas-schatzi

Cheryl Chrissy Ya'll must have gone someplace , I may be back L&H's sheila

• hbcheryl

Parson Russell was the man who actually bred the Jacks and Jacks are stockier than Parsons, he has longer legs and his hair is tufty and curly, he is black and white, cute as a button and a good boy, he came from the shelter and he is a character, he is a nosy parker, if I go out the front and say hi to someone the next thing you hear the screen door slam cause he wants to know who you're saying hi to, he hates to miss out on anything.

• sas-schatzi

That fella was into breeding..I wonder why he bred the two different dogs. Wasn't a JR a ratter aaaaaaaaaaaaaand weasels? The AAAAAAAAAA occured with a yawn LOL

• hbcheryl

Oh yeah they were all bred to be ratters, but our Rooney is bred to be a lunge kisser, he'll be sitting beside you and his eyes roll to the side of his head and if you don't move quick enough he pounces on you and gives you a kiss - trouble is I know where that mouth has beenWink

Maybe the sandman is coming to your neighborhood.

• chrissyb

Hi girls, I'm here now for a little while while the pie filling cools a bit before I put it into the pastry.   Yup, that's where I've been, cooking.  Oh and I went to the post office to lodge my passport paperwork.....finally got everything in one place and now, in ten days I will be legal to leave the country....lol!   YAY!!!   and it's about time.  I will never allow it to lapse if this is what it takes to get one....phew!!!

Eveyone is welcome to eat with us, no problem at all.,..........I love cooking for a crowd!!!

• sas-schatzi

Okey dokey my passports ready to go>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dee you in a bit LOL