Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Options

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

Alyson was here I think or maybe that was last night. I didn't see chrissy's sign in

• So are most of you new to BC, or finishing treatment or where are you with this ?

• sas-schatzi
    Options

hd you mean small town , with alot of people that frown on a bar as a place to socilaize---yes

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Well finished yes with the fixing part , but not with the other troubles. you

• Anybody there? 

• sas-schatzi
    Options

yup just slow typer

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Thats the disadvantage of this form over chat room, but I can't keep up in chat rooms to fast

• On my page the topic doesn't keep going...have to keep clicking on and off so I don't see if someone posts til I come back.   Oh I have been doing this forever...since 1990, had a break and then became stage lV is 98.....but the good news is I am still feeling fine   

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412
    Options

I am 2 weeks PFC!!! YAY! just waiting on my rad onc appt on the 19th, then i should start rads soon after

• they really go in the chat rooms....I used to go to one on Sun night, but they would move to fast for me

• sas-schatzi
    Options

There was a refresh button last night that made things go really fast in posting , but it's gone tonight?

• sas-schatzi
    Options

So, are you a night owl

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Any idea where the refresh button went to?

• hdangelbaby
    Options

oh sas, i hear ya. whenever i told someone i was going to the bar to play pool (cause it kept me from isolating myself, and got me out of the house) i would get this "you shouldn't be hanging in bars"

what the hell am i supposed to do??? pool is something i enjoy, and at 2 in the afternoon, it's not like the smoke is bad, it's usually the bartender, me, and the person i'm playing pool with!!

i'm from a much much bigger city, so moving here was a culture shock for me

• hdangelbaby
    Options

no idea, i use the refresh button at the very top of my screen where you type in the web address

• Am I a night owl?  Not really, just have interrupted sleep all the time.  It's not a good thing when I have to go to work because that is when I am tired, when I wake up in the morning.

• I don't know where the refresh button is. 

• motherofpatient
    motherofpatient Member Posts: 124
    Options

Been up since 1:30, wish I had found this earlier. We caregivers don't sleep well either.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

HD my refreash button was there last night , must have used dozens of times now poof

Mary same with me that's why I started this thread . somewhere to talk in the middle of the night

• Where is Hansen and what was the larger place you moved from?....just saw that post....this is almost more dif to keep up with that chatting

• hdangelbaby
    Options
    sleep... what is that??? lol... it eludes me... and no matter what i take.... it never really seems to help me get to sleep. my problem is getting to sleep. once i get asleep i can somewhat stay there. but getting there is my problem. never had sleep problems before BC.. yet another thing that it has stolen from us!!!!!Yell
  • Rennasus
    Rennasus Member Posts: 642
    Options

still here ladies, was answering another email...

Xanax alone usually wrks for me but last night and tonight, needed an Ambien chaser! Starting to feel some of it's special effects tho!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

MoP welcome sorry. who are you taking care of if thats not too personal?

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    Options

I'm back. Its evening here, just finished dinner, no doubt DH will want the computer so will get mine organised soon on the dining room table.

• oh, motherof....so you really are the mother of the patient?

• hdangelbaby
    Options

Hansen is a teeny town outside of Twin Falls, ID. (Twin Falls has about 70,000 people, hansen has about 1,000). I was raised in St. Louis, and when i turned 19, i moved to the gulf coast of MS. in 2006 my hubby and I moved to Idaho, my husband's home state

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Ren thats good should be about 20 minutes then , before your good to go

• Alyson!!  How are you ? 

• Do you know where Cor de Lane is?  Probably spelled that wrong.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    Options

Full of aches tonight, not sure if its RA or SEs or what.I am going to have a bath a bit later RA wins over LE.

Hope you like the pukeko, one of our native birds, its a bit like a hen, well its a swamp hen.