Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

ginger, I do hope your sleepstudy helps find a solution for your sleep problems. 

• Connie07
    Connie07 Member Posts: 446

Ginger,

That sux... Falling out of bed and slamming your head. If you dont move the chest put a pillow on it at night! l did a sleep study once and it wasnt scary at all. I actually slept better there than l was at home! Awesome bed! My tech was really sweet. The weird part was getting wired, like ekg stickies all around my head & more. getting into bed was odd mostly due to all those wires. She came in during the night & asked me to roll to my back because l wasn't snoring!! Mine was mostly about Restless Leg Syndrome.

I remember her wanting me to go to sleep, l wanted to watch ER, it was at its best and l pleaded w her to let me watch, then lights out. Way too early in the morning she got me up & un-wired. Practically before l knew it, l was in the car to go home.

I do hope it provides answers.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Ginger I'm waiting for u'r sleep test so like I said before remember everything.

Connie what did they determine with u'r test???

As u see this is of interest to me LOL

• Connie07
    Connie07 Member Posts: 446

Honestly, I slept so well in that bed that they didn't get much, but it did confirm Restless Leg Syndrome. A neurologist put me on Mirapex, generally prescribed for Parkinson's and I still take it. Im on max dose now, its been 10-12 years. Pretty much kicked my DH out of the bed! Sometimes I kick myself awake, and now sometimes I have it in my arms. If I take a walk it usually helps. Sometimes l try warm tea, cammomile, peppermint. Always take a vit. E and stay on top of iron supplements.

What keeps you up?

Connie

• camillegal

Connie as for me I just wake up--I used to be a ood sleeper and I do take sleeping meds but sometimes (alot) ever since all the cancer stuff I don't sleep like I used to--could be the aromasin.????

• ananda8
    ananda8 Member Posts: 1,418

camilegal,

Yep, it most likely is the aromasin.  The same thing happens on arimidex.  I started on arimidex and switched to aromasin.  The SEs are identical.  I had one month after switching where I was normal.  Now I back to sleeplessness.  Tea helps.

• camillegal

So far I've tried it and lots of things it doesn't help.May it's stress???

• camillegal

No one is up anymore--well I'm glad everyone can sleep--I'm jealous LOL

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Camy I'm up but was out the back sweeping up. Hopefully I'll be up for a while yet........lol...... it's only 4.30pm here!

• camillegal

I know Chrissy, but u hardly slept last nite so u must be tired. I didn't sleep last nite so I just assumed I'd be out tonite but I've been having my diarrhea--Boy am I glad I didn't go out or I'd be out with this. and there's no bathroom close enough. Thank God for depends.LOL

• Pawprint
    Pawprint Member Posts: 354

I am up...barely. Took sleeping pill and starting to crash out. Finished onc appointment last week. I am almost 2-1/2 years out from my double mastectomy and arimidex regimen . Still watching and scanning the unknown liver tumor. Recently dealing with kidney stones and arhtritis flare up. Seems never ending. Sometimes I don't want to go to the doctors, or refill medications, costly and time consuming...I wonder if the fear ever goes away. Think I am just feeling depressed with how much I changed since cancer diagnose. Maybe I can blame my depression, sore muscles, and weight gain and fatigue and lack of sleep on arimidex. Ugh....need a happy pill to pump some energy back into me. Anyone else awake out there?

• camillegal

I'm right here same type of symtims on Aromasin and I blame everything al all the meds I tak--I really don't think about cancer, but I do think with these meds ever end they keep on adding them up to I think 14 different ones a day taking over 20, never took much before so it has to be all the mades. But cancer isn't in my head I'm jst tired and hurt so it' other stuff.

• Pawprint

I agree we take a med for this and a med for that,,,,and we still hurt. Crazy way to live our life.

• camillegal

I know we're like a walking drugstor. So U've been thru this whole ambit too. It suck, doesn't it but after a while u don't think about cancer u just think how u feel that day and I hope for bothof is it's get better and better. But aren't u tired os all the Drs. and meds and blood draw--it seems to take up our live oh and of course the tests. I know it's good for us ??? but it doesn't feel like way does it? Do u have kids.

• Pawprint

Yes I am really tired of all the medication, all the blood work and all the scans.....it's taking a toll on my finances as well. Sometimes I just want to stop taking the meds and not see the docs for tests...I want my old life back again. I use to have lots of energy and a lot more joy. No kids, early hysterectomy .

• camillegal

I'm older but I really thought when I was done wuth all the chemo, rads, operations I was going to feel pretty much the way I felt beofre, but I haven't at all. and I started in 2007-Oh there's days I' not to bad but I ave like u no energy and just tred of everything. I couldn't gpo back to work so maybe I think more about it, but what are we going to do? I adn't planned on quitting yet but I retired at the beginning of this year--I'm not bored at all, just want to be able to feel good. Oh well I uess we have to be patiend sonner or later something will happen.

• camillegal

BrokenDream, I'm not much help tonite--LOL we're in te same kind of mood hahaha My finances are a real mess and i wish I could just o away alone yet---and I can't go to the store alone. hahaha I'm sorry I'm not helping u I'm probably making it worse. Tjere are so many wonderful intelligent people on this site and su much help-U can explain and talk and rant, vent anytime someeone comes to the rescue. U picked the wrong nite I'm useless and I certinly don't have all the info that so many ladies have here. Geeze zi can barely type hahaha

• camillegal
     hope this makes u smile
  • loriio
    loriio Member Posts: 55

It made me smile. I was actually sleeping well tonight - until the freight train that is my husband's snoring rolled thru. The dog and I moved out to the couch.

• camillegal

lori hahahahahahaha the dog too. hahahaha

• ananda8

I'm awake, ladies.  Let me hold you in my arms and rock you to sleep.  Can you fell me pat your hands? Can you feel the rocking?

• camillegal

OK notself what did u take bac? Well I slept 2 hrs and up again. This is sucky

• ananda8

I wanted to give everyone (((Smile))) but everyone was gone.  I was up a couple of hours after posting.  I just got up so I did get 5 hours.

Sucky is the word for it.

• Pawprint

The doctor prescribed sleeping pills , Ambein. I started taking them 5 nights in a row and now noticing depression. Anyone else had this experience?

• chrissyb

Brokendreams sometimes taking sleeping pills on a regular basis is not good for us but I doubt they would be the cause of depression. I will check this out for you.

BRB.

• chrissyb

Brokendreams I can't find anything on ambien giving or causing depression. Maybe you need to talk to a councilor or your doc.

Insomnia itself can cause depression so it seems that your original complaint is more likely the cause.

Hope this helps.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• camillegal

Broken dreams I doubt the sleeping pills are the cause--I think at this point it's a combination of just plain blah, and trying to feel like u'r old self. Maybe u need an anit-depressant for a while--I know another med. I take one, of course I still have bad days but reality does hit me and I'm not crazy about it. But I think they do help. To me it's like my finances--A pill isn't going to change that. I make so much les money now and stuggling like crazy ciz of cancer so a pill doesn't make that go away. So it's difficult. We all have our reasons and they might be all different, but they are real

And being out of treatment doesn't mean u feel well, altho I was under the impression I would. And I still remember my Onc. when I was done with everthing From May of 2007 til Feb of 2011 And I said Oh great now I'm done and will feel good again, and she held my hand and said-Please don't count on that, And she was right. But I have good days too, but I hate insomnia it breaks me down and sucks energy from me. So I completely understand every feeling u have

Sorry I' on my soapbox--oops it just broke, can't handle my weight..

• Pawprint

Thank you both Camillegal and Chrissyb,

I think you are correct . All this medical stuff from bc takes its toll. I believe it is situational depression. I will continue sleeping pills now and then, if it gets impossible to sleep. Ugh

• Cindi74
    Cindi74 Member Posts: 69

My oncologist OKed Melatonin although one of the September group reported bad SE.  We all are taking so much stuff it's difficult to know for sure what causes what.

I have cut a 1 mg melatonin in half and tried two nights.  I still woke up (maybe to pee)  but I went back to sleep and slept a couple of hours more than normal.  But when I woke up this morning, I didn't feel as springy as I should with that much sleep.

On the other hand, 2 A/C chemo tomorrow, and maybe that is hanging over my head in some way and affecting sleep--although I didn't have that bad a time before.  I have told most that the fear going in was the worst pbm.  I don't have that fear now, and the only major side effect was crushing fatigue and no WBC.  Oncologist has cut dossage by 20%, so hopefully that will be less.

There is research report on the BC.org site that getting little sleep correlates with recurrance.

I never slept much--4-6 hours a night.  It didn't bother me, and I thought God had just given me more time in a day to get things done. The theory behind the research is that sleep time is healing time, and those who sleep a lot less, are more vulnerable to cancer.  That is bothering me enough to try to sleep more.

Never used an alarm clock--even when working, except if I were catching a plane which was leaving say at 7 Am. I just woke up refreshed and ready to go.

Like I say, it is the research that bothers me. Don't want recurrance.

Hugs

• Pawprint

Thank you Cindi74, I so agree with you about the importance of sleep. I decided to continue with the sleeping pill, and I am not feeling that heavy depression I felt last week. I definitely don't want a recurrence, so I will continue trying to get that good healing sleep. Take good care. :-)