Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

oh, Chabba, hoping you get some rest before the 4 am wake up (did I read that right?) and a nice long nap later today. Hang in there

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Yes you did.  Sunday is my day to help cook at the  Senior Center,I've been helping with Sunday breakfast there since January of 1994.  Need an extra hour to get ready in the morning today because I was having too much balance problems last night to shower and wash my hair. More Grrrrrrrrs!  At least we have an extra helper today so I can take it easy and be mostly a greater.

• chabba

Back to bed to try for at least some sleep.

• 2nd_time_around

you definitely need some rest! How sweet you are to help out at the Senior Center! Sleep well

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Chabba, odd sooooo many BC Sisters have vertigo. I wonder how much is related to the drugs. Almost all the drugs we take mention it. But for all drugs, the term dizziness or vertigo can be seen in the s.e. list. But it's so common here. Anymore I can't move without thinking whether my brains spinning. Plus insomnia, joint/bone/muscle pain. Weight gain or weight loss. Diarrhea or constipation. ETC.

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

I'm so envious! Looks like everyone is snoozing! Went to bed at 11, read til 1 a.m., slept til 3 a.m., then BOINGGGGGG! Wide awake, and now it's almost 6 a.m.

Feeling a bit queasy, too, so took some AlkaSeltzer and another Benadryl. Looks like I'm skipping church and - hopefully - sleeping in, if I ever get back to sleep.

This has happened before, but I just started Femara on Tuesday... Hope this isn't a sign of things to come :-(

• sas-schatzi

Blessings welcome, if insomnia does become a problem, come here and post any short phrase. I usually just go YOO HOO anyone there. Submit---that puts it in active. Refresh often as people can post, but you won't know it without refreshing.

• chabba

Sas, at home and at the Senior Center I get around pretty well because I can trail my hand along a wall, counter or the backs of chairs.  Anywhere else I always use a cane.  Sometimes it makes me feel old and I hate that, after all I'm only 71!  But it keeps me upright.

• sas-schatzi

Chabba, I know, it sucks. But right now there's Chrissy, you, me, and another friend here(BCO) with vertigo to some degree. Sounds like a small group. My entire life I knew that many, so, seems odd to me. All I have to do to take a roller coaster ride is turn my head to the right and lean back. When lying down, I just have to turn right. New last couple of weeks is bending --whew a new ride. Between this and eczema problems, I need to get someone to clean the house. I know sounds like an excuse, but between chemiclas and vertigo---can't do much. Thank God , I've never have an Iota of problem driving.

My dizziness origins is crystals in the labirythn(sic). At least I have a dx.

• ananda8
    ananda8 Member Posts: 1,418

Whenever I get a really good night's sleep, I have trouble sleeping the next night.  Two nights ago I slept really well so last night I took 1/2 an Ambien and slept great.  Wow! Two night of great sleep.  I hope I broke the no sleep cycle I've been on and can do without Ambien tonight. 

• sas-schatzi

Notself have mentioned you're three night routine RE: sleeper med to several. 

I used to do the same thing one great night of sleep followed by a rotten night. Slowly it changed. BUT I don't think it would have changed with out my trusty drugs, when sleep wasn't anywhere on my brains agenda. Just getting the brain to cooperate was the worst of it when I was AI's.

• dsgirl
    dsgirl Member Posts: 193

Hi Sas

Re: vertigo. I have a friend that suffered from vertigo, her doc sent her for PT,  I took her there, and was in the room when it was done. I seem to remember something mentioned about the crystals in the ear needing to get back where they belong?

Anyway, she laid down, turned her head to her "worst" side, vertigo, nausea coming on big time, PT person kept her head in that position until it abated, then after a few minutes, she turned to the other side, same reaction, after the vertigo diziness left her completely the two sides were repeated several times. maybe something else was done, can't remember what it was, but the bottom line for her was no more vertigo. Sometimes more than one treatment is needed per the PT. I was absolutely amazed, and had never heard of this cure. Of course if it is not inner ear problems that cause the vertigo, I suppose the PT may not help.

I am a frequent reader of this thread, but a rare poster anywhere on BCO, hehe today I have posted twice, some kind of record for me, lol. I hope someone can use the info and get referral for PT it needed.

Good Luck 

• sas-schatzi

Ds Welcome, Thanks for the info, Crystals were identified in the early 1900's. Around 1950 Epply(?) invented the diagnostic test of turning the head with a rapid dropping back. The eyes will rotate weirdly in the exact direction where the crystals are misbehaving. The treatment is the same as the dx'tic test. Mine fixes then breaks again LOL. Decided I'd just enjoy the ride b/c I got tired throwing myself back on the bed while rotating the head.  I just ride ----no nausea---I'm lucky.
    BUT you did a great service here today YAY.  I'm so used to it now, forgot to think of mentioning any of the stuff you brought up. It certainly may help someone else :) sassy

• ananda8
    ananda8 Member Posts: 1,418

Going to bed now.  May everyone sleep well.

• sas-schatzi

Patuuty, spent the last half hour locating a past post , can't find it, now can't remember who it was for

• 2nd_time_around

I'm B-A-C-K! Guess I must like this place a lot

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Oh 2nd, so hard when we don't get the sleep we desire. I'm around if you want a chat.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• 2nd_time_around

hi Chrissy, glad to meet you! I met Cheryl from HB some weeks ago (just before she went to DWTS - not sure you have that show there - it was the day after I went). She was telling me about the San Diego ladies and of course your name came up in conversation

• chrissyb

Nice to meet you Maddy. Yes, I stayed with Cheryl when I did my USA trip back in 2011 and we went to San Diego for lunch and I met all the girls down there as well.

Sorry it's taken me awhile to get back to you but I was just putting on our Dinner to cook........yes, middle of the night for you but dinner time for us ......lol. My name seems to crop up a lot in conversation......lol.....not sure if that's a good thing or not. I guess if it's in a good way it's okay.....lol.

• 2nd_time_around

Chrissy, not to worry about getting back, I started looking at the Internet for other things (like Facebook, it's truly the only way I know what my 19-year old DD is up to -- and she lives at home!). Hoping its a wonderful dinner. BTW, Cheryl had only sweet things to say about you, have no fear. She was just telling me about the San Diego ladies luncheon (I missed the one on Sunday). Sounds like you had the greatest adventures when you were here in the states

• chrissyb

Maddy it was truly fabulous! and if you want to read about it I have a thread called My Journey has begun aka Chrissyb's USA adventure. Have a read as see what I got up to......lol.

I hear you on the FB thing, but I use it to stay in touch with grandchildren the eldest of whom turns eighteen in just a couple of weeks......now that makes me feel OLD!

• sas-schatzi

Hi Chrissy, we all talk about what fun we hd when you were here :)

@nd here's the link to Chrissy's adventure

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/34/topic/773915?page=1#idx_616

• 2nd_time_around

Thanks, ladies! That's what Cheryl suggested I read (took a while, but I enjoyed every minute of it!). Living the trip vicariously through Chrissy was a great way to "meet" other BCO sisters.

• 2nd_time_around

just stopping by, it's been quiet here (that's probably good news)

• sas-schatzi

Yoo hoo 2nd i'm here, running back to STFU will be back in a few minutes sassy

• sas-schatzi

2nd sent you a pm

• 2nd_time_around

Hi Sheila, I'm back (had to check FB).

Funny, my cousin Sheila (actually cousin's wife) emailed me today. 2 Sheila's in one day, that's special!

• sas-schatzi

Maddy, you here? Going to see if chrissy's up

• sas-schatzi

I'll check back in a few minutes. sassy

• sas-schatzi

Ah hah there you are What-up girlfriend