Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Notself, SOOOOOOOOOO glad to hear sleep is better. Me too. That's why I'm not here often. Sleep is so wonderful. Since I'm retired now, it's very nice to not worry about having to go to work in the morning--sleepless. If you think to bump this once in awhile late at night before you go to sleep and i'll try to do the same :) . 2nd didn't know it was here, others may find it useful too. sassy

• ananda8
    ananda8 Member Posts: 1,418
    sas-schatzi,

I sometimes wake in the middle of the night for a few minutes. My computer is always on so I will try to bump the thread.
  • sas-schatzi

2ND hope you see this. I was thinking about what I said about treating myself to dinner and listed what I "had". It hit me that I said I had three waiters. If you think double entendre, I was very busy. Heheheheheheh.

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

hi Sassy, didn't read anything into your previous post, just didn't go there, pretty funny! Maybe too tired. Still thinking where to take myself to eat, nothing definite yet. Next couple nights, not sure how often I'll check this: have a special event tomorrow: a nurture the nurturer event (yoga), a retreat on Saturday. Need to pick out a new cell tomorrow, probably need to plan time with it as I've had mine for years, looks like the ones I'm thinking of are pretty sophisticated.

• sas-schatzi

2nd when you take yourself out, please, share details. Good dining out is one of my favs. Have fun picking a phone. I have my DS's hand me down That he got before college in 03. Didn't even know it opened to a text board until something got stuck in it.

I took my Vitamin D yesterday, keeps me awake for a couple of days sassy

• ananda8

I'm awake but hope to be sleepy soon.  I wonder if it was all the carbs I ate today.  Tomorrow more vegetables.

• naiviv
    naiviv Member Posts: 308

Good early mornings,

Fell asleep exhausted, couldn't keeps my eyes open... only to wake up at 2. Have laundry going and decided to check in here. I start chemo Friday next week (I have a heart scan on Tues. Port in on Wed.) my mind is working overtime on all that and I guess it woke me up. Maybe an early morning snack...

I hope you are all sleeping peacefully

Vivian

• sas-schatzi

Vivian hello, I'm sassy, You might find this thread on PORTS useful. Sorry that you are going through all this crappola.

http://community.breastcancer.org/topic_post?forum_id=69&id=721889&page=1

Lots of members have posted stuff. TB57 started it years ago. She hasn't been active for a few years. The header info is still very accurate. Good luck:)sassy

• hrf
    hrf Member Posts: 706

I seem to always wake in the middle of the night and then can't fall back to sleep. Sometimes I fall asleep again around 5 or 6 am. Good thing I'm not working anymore. I wonder if it's the Arimidex. I used to be such a good sleeper.

• naiviv
    naiviv Member Posts: 308

Thank you Sassy,

Very thorough explanation, but I am opting for the sedation. I want to be out and not feel any needles.

Vivian

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hrf all of the AI's are known to interrupt sleep.......its a pain! Hopefully you will fall back to sleep reasonably quickly.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

ps Howdy Sas!!

• sas-schatzi

CHRISSY----found a way to be here when i'm sleeping okay. Duh---- post during the day.

HRf --welcome here. So, many of the chemicals they give us cause insomnia. I thought I'd go insane at one point b/c I was sooooo sleep deprived. As I got off of things it improved. There is HOPE for sleep. I started the thread b/c no one was up in the night. It was a godsend then.

Vivian, I agree on the patients CHOICE of anesthesia for PORT. Believe it or not insurance is involved in dictating method. So, stick to your choice, but get it approved ahead of time. If you can scan all the responses on the port thread. There is a wealth of info from members. I watch it and bump it. Aaoaao and Veggy are bumping it too. Don't want it to fall into oblivion :)

Notself--- Better? Veggies? What does "Schrödinger never changed a litterbox in his life." mean?

Sassy

• chrissyb

Lol Sas, I'm still up.

• ananda8

When I was on Arimidex the only thing that helped with sleep was Ambien.  I cut a 5mg tablet in half.  5mg is the lowest dose so I was taking 2.5mg, just enough to work for me and not be groggy the next day.  I would take Ambien at this dose for 3 days and then stopped.  I had broken the cycle of not sleeping.  When, after a few weeks, I couldn't sleep I repeated the Ambien for 3 days.  A one month supply of Ambien last me 6-7 months.  Hope this idea works for some of you.

Now that I am off Arimidex, I have been trying to loses some of the weight I gained on it.  I have found out by reducing bread and other processed carbohydrates, I sleep better.  The more vegetables I eat, the better I sleep.  Who knows what's going on?

Schrodinger was a physicist who tried to refute a concept by using an imaginary cat in a box who was neither dead or alive until someone looked in the box. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/google-doodle/10237347/Schrodingers-Cat-explained.html

• sas-schatzi

Sorry Chrissy that I missed you. I went to work on Pinktober thread. :)

Notself, Nice approach on the ambien. Basically you reset your circadian rhythm. Cool. It has many applications. Very interesting about Schrodinger :) I posted some pages back some links on circadian rhythm. I'll try and locate it and bring it forward. One was related to food or rather fasting as a means to reset the rhythm created by jet lag. Maybe there is info in it that answers your question :)

• sas-schatzi

I saved these threads in my storage thread, so, they were easy to locate :)

circadian rhythm, melatonin--pub med evidence based research

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21476953

Agometaline is approved for Europe/Australia r insomnia . It is NOT approved in the USA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agomelatine

How to naturally reset circadian rhythm with food

http://www.wisebread.com/how-to-naturally-reset-your-sleep-cycle-overnight

• 2nd_time_around

sleeplessness.... It's back!

• sas-schatzi

OH 2nd, I've been up since 3 am, but didn't sign on. My eczema has flared. A bit better at the moment. Did you see the post by Notself about how she uses her sleeping pill? And my three links about circadian rhythm. It was here two years ago that ChrissyB told me about melatonin.

Hands burning need to go figure what to do at the moment :) hope sleep is better. sassy

• 2nd_time_around

hi SAS, thanks, I usually take melatonin at home. I will need to ask my MO next appt. Was at my parents the past 2 nights and afraid to use because Mom has Alzheimer's and wanders during the night. Didn't want to sleep thru something just in case as my dad tends to sleep better (or maybe he just gets some undisturbed sleep) when I'm there. Tuesday I got 6 good hours, last night mom was in a mood, woke up several times during the night, flipping on lights and was furious I was sleeping in the guest room (she's usually angry with me for some reason).

• sas-schatzi

2nd so sorry your mom has alzheimers, Rough road. Multiple aunts and uncles with it and MIL . Hope I missed the gene and got my MOM's side on that one.

• sas-schatzi

2nd, YOO HOO, NOTSELF, Chrissy

• ananda8

Hello sas,

I'm here.  Can't take Ambien because I have to get up in a couple of hours.  Hope this finds you asleep.

• 2nd_time_around

I'm here now too. Took a while to get caught up to this thread. Weather changed dramatically the last couple of days. Seems like cool damp weather continues to be a problem, really sore and uncomfortable on the 2nd mx/latest revision side. It was with the 1st mx, missed (or rather didn't miss) it all last year. Feels like a giant step backwards.

So, 17 years ago today was my first mx, no recon. One year ago next Thursday (Halloween), was second mx with bilateral TE's. Never dreamed it would take a whole year to get to this point. October is NOT my favorite month!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Having fun playing on my new iPhone. Don't think I am going to be too long out of bed tonight.

• 2nd_time_around

enjoy Alyson! iPhone - big time! Just got a new cell too, nothing that sophisticated, still can't figure it out. I need a tutor

• chrissyb

Hi ya Sas! and 2nd! It's 2.00am and I'm just winding down after travelling back home after attending my eldest GS's graduation in the city. I'm tired but need to relax after concentrating for two hours of night driving.....lol. A cup of tea and a catchup on the boards will set me up for a good sleep.

Hope you are all sleeping or just waking from a good sleep.....lol.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

Christy,I know you had fun....

How,s the ears?

On kindle ,  terrible to type on l&he's sassy

• Pawprint
    Pawprint Member Posts: 354

Hi all non sleepers out here

Just popping in to BCO to look over the boards. Recovering from bad kidney infection caused by large kidney stone which will have to be surgically removed and a stent put in after infection clears. So been missing work and sleeping days, and up at night :( gives me a chance to get caught up on reading some older posts.

• sas-schatzi

WELCOME brokendream, pop in here when you need. Variable activity. All depends on whose not sleeping. Myself I took pills last night . Could tell it wasn't going to happen without them.. Sorry about the KI and stones . Had two myself. NO FUN THERE. Sept& Nov last year.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Must be up at 4 am.  Went to bed at 9:30 pm, took a couple melatonin and a  vicodaan for my back and joints.  still awake at midnight. Have taken another melatonin but no help.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!