Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Options

Comments

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998
    Options

Hi ladies I actuallu fell asleep at 1 last night better than the night before... see you all later!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    Options

No worries Jo! there are a lot of ous on these various threads and there is no reason for you to remember that:)

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    Options

Thanks Hadley. rayers and thoughts are always welcome! I am actually doing great....walking and walking and walking.....positive attitude and just doing things at a slower pace..half time at work while I sort things out ...can't wait for the next two weeks to be over though so I can get back in my car....oh I soooo wanted to be at the beach today in the sunshine!!! Ah well...could have been sooo much worse and I am sleeping better so I am thinking Tamoxifen was messing wth my sleeping too, despite the zopliclone so....there are upsides to everything. I am ok.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

Hey everyone, it's almost 10pm and yes I know there is no sleep coming, but I have a special project i must do. It willl take concentration on afogged brain. So, I will see you all sometime tonite. We need to get the southlanders here--the south of the equater folks and then we need to stay here and talk to each other rather than jumping around to other threads. I'm talking after mn + We need to create our own reality. and maybe grab others reality. but waiting for responses while people are jumping several threads actually only prolongs our insomnia. It's checkout the usual threads you are one then come here and talk. lets make up our own insanity. whatever it is. Love you all  sas

• tinkertude
    Options

sounds good to me SAS,, chances are I will be joining you in your reality after midnight!!!! see y a :)

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    Options

Hi sas, thank you again for starting this thread - I really hope to not join tonight, back to work in the morning----when I'm on here I usually laugh so much I can't even get sleepy!!! but that is a good thing too!

• valgal
    valgal Member Posts: 187
    Options

Anybody home? I'm going to be early again tonight cuz the DH and I are driving downstate tomorrow for his job interview. I really hope he gets it so I can say - "Well honey, I guess I'll have to stay up here and get things settled at the house." LOL Then I'm going to really be partying.

Just a note to all of you- are you sure that melatonin doesn't have some effect on the hormones. I thought i read that somewhere. We should check it out.

Looks like everyone was doing fairly well last night. I hope all the aches and pains have subsided. My best to all. Val

By the way Angel, Last time I had surgery my bar friends were the only people who came around. They kept a key in the register - so I know what you mean.

How do you know if you have truncal or breast LE? Did anyone else just really hurt 6 months past radiation?

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Valgal I'm here

• sas-schatzi
    Options

well I guess it me and the chickens--- so what do we talk about tonight

• tinkertude
    Options

im here sas

• valgal
    valgal Member Posts: 187
    Options
    I'm back. Does anyone or did anyone who had a sentinel node (big one) and lumectomy still have pain and stuff in their arm and breast? I have wierd things going on. I'm huge like a 48 DDDD so the bra lady at the hospital had a hard time with me. When I went to a bra store before my weddiing/BC she said technically I measure out to a G cup - I said what's that stand for oh my God! LOL
  • sagina
    Options

Hi sas me too, I lied, I'm not asleep yet....wanted to be but well ya know!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

once upon a time there was a life that had no other realities other than planning where to eat on friday night, which was our reward to ourselves for working all week. Then planning who to have to dinner for Sat. night. Trying new recipes all the time. Improper table manners of saying between the two of us --well a little more of this , a little less of that. Like the chefs table in a restaurant. Then Sunday going birdwatching , then either in home dinner or out. Wow

Now he's gone and here I sit ---found a card in decluttering ---of all places in the wrapping paper box it said---"I can't imagine what life would be without you". Well I know what life is without him ---i see him everyday. i have so many visual /auditory memories of his smile, laugh and jokes. people even the priest says it's time to move on. oh it sucks

• sagina
    Options

Hi Valgal

I had the setinel node and lumpectomy, and I'm 3 'D's, so I know what you mean!  I'm 5 weeks out of surgery and yes I hurt still. heading into radiation next week....still wondering if a bra will be wearable during radiation!

• tinkertude
    Options

ok.. i had a dream about a friend of mone well I am thinking an ex friend at this point. We had been friends for 26 years my maid of honor kids godmother etc.. and sonce this whole bc thing started she has really backed away... well the last time we spoke was in Sept... i tried calling email and text over the holiday and have not heard from her... well i can take a hint... ok back to the dream... she called me on the phone and I said to her why are you calling me? she said she was shopiing for teddy bears for her nephews and wanted my opinion and I said really? your calling me for something? and she said yes sure arent we good... and  said no things will never be the same..... and  she said... ok well i still need your opinion.... guess i have some unresolved issues with her huh?.... i dont think about everyday like I used to at this point it more curiousity of how you walk away from a 26 yr friendship when someone needed you most

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Soory gals I have to catch up on the reading give me a few minutes

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Ok tink val sas-are here

• tinkertude
    Options

sas..im so sorry for your loss how long has it been? there is no time limit when we lose someone we care about

valgal...I had a sentinel and a axillary and a bilat masect and the upper part of my arm towards my back is numb and that side of my breast is still swollen and doesnt ever feel quite right. very uncomfortable

• sagina
    Options

When I dream I dream in color.....hair color!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Val I'm guessing because of your size you are going to need someone with special knowledge give you advice ---try whippetmom aka deborah on sizing 101

• sagina
    Options

Sas, how long were you together?

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Thanks Tink Greg died in AUG 2010 we had ca at the same time sucked. He was such a good kind gentle man ---39 years

• tinkertude
    Options

oh Im so sorry and I should of known that from the other thread sorry... I get things crossed sometimes..hugs!!! i go back to what I said before time to move on is when you ae ready and that was not that long ago... do you have a good support system near you?

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Sagina--I let mine go gray and frankly it's gorgeous----but I take 4 grams of fishoil aday

• sagina
    Options

Wow, 39 years, I'm so sorry for your loss.....Take your time in your grief....there is no "right" time.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Tink everyone thinks so, but no I left BCO trying to go on... couldn't came back to where people get it

• sagina
    Options

Sas, my hair is just coming back salt and pepper at 41....I don't know that I'm ready...I have a BC friend hers grew back almost white and she rocks it too!

• MaraSara
    MaraSara Member Posts: 2
    Options

hi you guys, it's good to see you again

• tinkertude
    Options

I understand... even if people are trying to be supportive they dont understand really unless they have been through it. I am here for you sista!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Well it is no maitenance and it's cut in a cross between apixie and french.