Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Hello folks, My body is freezing up muscle by muscle. Di and I worked for eight hours today and then I realized I hadn't done the frig, that was another 1 1/2 hours. I've taken four pain pills. Don't remember ever taking that much in a day. She went home with the back of her van full of stuff. She could say -Yay or Nay........Food processor, dishes, napkin rings, glass platter, ramikins, place mats, whew lots of more stuff. My biggest thing to part with was a Stow Vermont cutting board. There collectible. It sold  in the vicinity of $75 new, plus or minus 30-40years ago  maybe longer than that.. I thrifted it for $1.00  cleaned and sanded it. Solid maple about an an inch and quarter. When she oils it, I wish I could see her face.

Garage sailed a painting for $25. Found the artist and a similar painting she done that sold for $980. Made a deal with Di. She can sell it. She can pay me the 25, whatever else she can get for it, is hers for tuition. Her sister knows how to do Craig's list. Hope she can get something for it. She's motivated and I'm sure her sis will get into it b/c they are so close.

Have a 2nd load for my cousin. I'm decluttering like crazy.

Really need to start thinking about t-day dinner. So miss my dance partner DH. We used to have sooooooo much fun doing these holiday dinners. We were a real team. We could do from a dozen to 2 dozen and make it look so easy.

Doing a New York Strip Roast 2 four pounders with choice of Aus Jus or bernaise,  Never have done this roast before, but sounds good. Everyone's bringing an assigned thing.

Don't know if I'll be on tomorrow---So HAPPY THANKSGIVING MY FRIENDS, MAY YOUR DAY BE BEAUTIFUL AND ALL YOUR DINNERS TURN OUT PERFECT L&H'S SASSY

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

thank you Sassy for starting this thread! And to all my late night friends who've been there all hours of the day and night, when I'm feeling so lonely and alone - you've made me feel like I'm not the last person on earth! Such an improvement from last year when I was a couple weeks out of mx, lonely and alone, there was a turkey drying out in the oven and I didn't have the strength or will power to take it out of the oven. Not this year!

Happiest of Thanksgivings to all of you and your families!

Hugs!

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Happy Thanksgiving to all you girls! Hope you have a wonderful day with family and friends!

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• ndgrrl
    ndgrrl Member Posts: 645

I wonder how long a body can stay up before it crashes- Tamoxifen is making me nutty... :) Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

• MaryLW
    MaryLW Member Posts: 1,585

Happy Thanksgiving, All! We're going to our friends' house, so I only have a little cooking to do. We're all bringing something to share.

• sas-schatzi

2nd, so happy that you're happy. It's nice to have happy thoughts againSillyHeartHugs

ndgrll, suggest the melatonin. Chrissy told me about it when I was in the same position, almost MAD AS HATTER. I started at 3mg, the 5mg, 10mg. But I needed Ativan too. The two together worked-----melatonin 10mg and Ativan 2mg. It wasn't till I went off the AI's that I could finally sleep right, but even then it took several months.

I found the melatonin took about 2 hrs to kick in at first, then about 1 1/2 hrs, it worked up progressively until it was about 15 minutes. That was a surprise. hope knowing that helps.

Thanks Chrissy, my day is going great b/c of DI. It's absolutely stunning weather, but it's supposed to get cold tonight--near 40. LOL we are NOT used to that. DS home tonight.

Mary, Happybet you are having a lovely da too. Have fun tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving to allHappy

• sas-schatzi

The smiley face really is a bit strange ----------------------

anyone up?

• MaryLW

Yes, I'm up. Waiting to take my medicine at about 10:00.

• sas-schatzi

Only 9:30  DS home a had  a conversation for about an 1 1/2 , then off to friends. 

• Pawprint
    Pawprint Member Posts: 354

Happy Thanksgiving

• MaryLW

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving. On Friday, I'm going to start decorating for Christmas. My older daughter and family (including a 6 yo and a 3 yo) are coming on the 16th, so I want to make a real Christmas wonderland. Also, we're going to be at the younger daughter's house from the 6th through the 14th, so we don't have much time to get it all done!

• sas-schatzi

Well here mary

• 2nd_time_around

hello, hello

• MaryLW

Hello, Maddy.

• chrissyb

hi Mary and Maddy! I'm just checking in on the iPad while I have a coffee. I'm in the city and have just had my hair done ready to look gorgeous for tomorrow when I cach up with the Aussie girls in Sydney.

Hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow.........Happy Thanksgiving!

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• 2nd_time_around

hi Mary and Chrissy,

Was just checking in. Have to finish cleaning kitchen after dinner. Will be back soon to chat

Hugs

• MaryLW

Is anybody awake? I was asleep for awhile, but then started itching. I wish it was time to go have coffee.

• 2timer
    2timer Member Posts: 22

I'm here.

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439

G'day Mary, another Aussie here, it's only 7pm on Thursday, so it's not my bedtime yet.

In regards to the itching, may I suggest you try an 'Ice Gel' type of cream on it as I have found that it works on all sorts of bites or hives.

I used to use it on my kids when they got bitten by sandflies or mosquitos and it worked well to stop them from scratching all night long.

It is a liniment kind of thing that does heat up for a few seconds then chills the skin down and stops whatever is causing the itch.

As I am currently on my second cycle of Abraxane, I have developed three areas of itching as a side effect.  My onc has given me an anti-histamine

to take but as I am only on the 2nd day of it, I have yet to see if it works. 

I don't know if you can get that brand name over there, but there should be something like it I hope.

Hope you can get some sleep, the nights are long when you can't sleep aren't they?

Sheila.

• MaryLW

Sheila, I'll try the cream. I'm using Eucerin, which helps, and taking Claritin (an antihistamine) which doesn't seem to help. Hi, 2timer.

• 2nd_time_around

board's really quiet. Hoping that means everyone is enjoying Thanksgiving.

Hi 2timer!

• MaryLW

I'm home now, trying to digest too much food. I hope we all sleep tonight.

• 2nd_time_around

Hi Mary, I agree! Hoping you had a wonderful day

I need to go back a page or two and catch up on reading, but I'm tired tonight. Spent most of the day in the kitchen

• MaryLW

I had a mostly restful day today, but tomorrow I need to start preparing for Christmas. Kind of mixed feelings about that.

• 2nd_time_around

is anyone awake?

Chrissy's, how was the get-together with the girls? Like the new 'do?

Sassy, sounds like you're doing a great job getting rid of things!

BD, how are you holding up? I'm hoping the pain is subsiding.

Mary, how's the holiday decorating coming along?

Sorry if I missed anyone. Definitely ate way too much, nice having family around, Thanksgiving day turned out family-oriented. Lots of sleeping/napping the past couple days.

• Pawprint
    Pawprint Member Posts: 354

Hi all...hope Thanksgiving was nice....mad rush into Christmas now? I see all the crazy black Friday shopping scenes on the news. People pushing each other, fighting, knocking each other down, geez some holiday spirit ! Still recuperating from last surgery, and preparing mentally for second surgery this coming monday. Looks like I will be doing my Christmas shopping online.

• MaryLW

Hi, Maddy. I did a little decorating yesterday before I pooped out!! I'm going to do a little more today after I rest from playing fetch with the dog. As you can see, my energy reserves are nil. I hope everybody had a good Thanksgiving and that Christmas is even better.

• sas-schatzi

hi all. had a fantastic time. All reserves gone, minimal return even now, but a wee bit. Very Happy. Love to all. sassy

• chrissyb

Hi ya goils! Just sitting at the airport waiting for our flight home after a great weekend spent with the Aussie BCO girls...........now if you wanted to hear a lot of jawing this weekend was it........lol......we sounded just like a flock of kookaburras wth our chatter!

I'm now officially exhausted so will catch up tomorrow!

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• 2nd_time_around

hi Chrissy, glad to hear from you! Looking forward to details. Guess I'm going to have to google kookaburras, that's unfamiliar to me. Have a safe flight!