Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Welcome everyone, glad to see you all here. I'm laughing already

Chevy, originator--I started the thread in April 2011

Modus Operandi---loosely -the way one works

Perogative---in this sense it is a very loose translation ------- What I say goes LOL

So, to put it back together Insomnia thread is a 24 hour thread. The way it will work is with love , and caring, and respect, and warm fuzzy's, with lots of laughter. It has always been this way, but as dear 2nd has said I've defined the mission statement.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,529

WinkingOops, I should have owned up.  I don't have much insomnia.  On rare occasion I will wake up and not be able to go back to sleep, but most of the time........even though I get up to "go" maybe three times a night or so......I barely recall it.  I am probably the only one who can walk to my little half bath in the bedroom without actually opening my eyes save for long enough to 'find' my slippers by the side of the bed......and all I have to do is feel for the TP at the appropriate time.  Then back off to bed with my eyes closed. 

I should drink less, but have convinced myself that a tiny, tiny sliver of my water pill hangs around somewhere out of the way ( just to make me miserable later ) and turns up when I have been fast asleep for a couple of hours and turns on an interior fire hydrant and its on.  No way would I be able to roll over and sleep....I've tried.  Nothing will do but that I get up and do my chore.

Brussels Sprouts ---  way too funny.Nerdy

Jackie/Lilli

• sas-schatzi

Cami, Love the boat, just love the boat . Do you remember way way back along time ago this is where we met :)

Jackie I Love your words always. They soothe my soul :) So wish they could soothe the shoulder that I messed up from the dog falls. I have ice picks going in at several angles. The rest of the body has decided to join the pain party. The phrase I made up for that is "Total Body Pain" --TBP. Chickie added party. So the complete acronym is TBPP.

Soteria I sent out a number of invitations. I think you will enjoy them all. Many night owls.. Chevy opens the day with her always humorous monologue. I do believe she was a comedy writer in a previous life as was Cami.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Jackie u r so cute!!!!

Chevy brussel sprouts--same thing--I laughed out loud. That was funny. Yes I'm still on my Aunti-B's and will be for like another week or so--and they are huge I think the Drs. are trying to choke me so they don't have to see me.

• sas-schatzi

To Al : Chabba's DH was taken in and admitted. Serious condition heart related. Please, keep them in your prayers.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938

hi all, I sense a great force of positive energy gathering here.  ((Chabba & DH))

Chevy, did he bring home an actual bunch of Brussels sprouts, like still on the stalk? 

Sassy I got this from you: L&H&P's to all  ♥

• illinoislady

Chabba and Dh, wishing you both healing thoughts and lots of hope and peace with loving vibrations from the spiritual universe. 

Lilli

• sas-schatzi

Badger, I know, and their are many times when I use it I think of you b/c we were the only one's using it. I fell away from using it, but it says so much so quickly. When I ran into you yesterday it was a nice warm fuzzy feeling. I'm into making changes right now. Our happenstance meeting yesterday (was it happenstanceHappy) It was a reminder to hold onto what was an is dear. It made me happy. Happy is good. L&H&P's sassy

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

No Badger, but I SAW them at Sprouts! They were $5 a stem...Ha! My Daughter loves them, so I bought some for Christmas, for her.

But now I have my own! Winking I simmered them, added a little butter, and 1/2 of a frozen lime, while it was hot.... rind and all! Then I squeezed it ... I amazed myself even!

I just want Chabba and DH to be okay, then we can get this party goin'!

And Sass! It would be sooooo nice, if you would just start feeling better..... Take 2 Aleve, go to bed, with an electric blanket..... I'll be YOUR Doctor! Drink some hot tea, with lemon! And a piece of Peppermint! Jackie loves Peppermint Tea this time of year....

Camera! BIG pills, eh? Don't you just hate that? You have to throw them 1/2 way down your throat, then stick a garden hose in, and turn it up as high as it will go! No other way!

• illinoislady

SAS-- it wasn't happenstance -- very little ever is.

Lilli

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

A Southlander here, about to go out for lunch post church. Be back later to check up on you lot.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

I love when things happen un-expectedly! Like little miracles.... They warm our hearts.... Like meeting all of you gals here.... Thank you...... !

• sas-schatzi

Oh the TBPP will get better. Been round this block many times. Time is the healer. It's just recently I get to the healed point and then I unheal it. I reached to high for something. That sent a cascade of invitations to other body parts to join in. They think their having a fine time creating havoc. Brought out the ole cervical collar, readjusted the computer chair, did some walking ----right to the pain med drawer. This to shall pass.

• camillegal

Oh I feel so sorry for chabba and her DH--I pray things will be all right. Sas if u hear anything please tell us, well I know u will so that was a little jerky, oh u know what I mean.

• Galsal
    Galsal Member Posts: 754

Thanks for pointing me to this thread!

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Cami, your typing is improving..lol..no really, I think it might be.

All the regular INSOMNIACS posters, I would like to get to know everyone, share stories & have fun. I only joined BCO in Nov. but I have been talking my head off, I was in serious need of being with women who is or was going though treatment & all the stress that comes with breast cancer.

I am 58, play golf, hence the name, also play competitive tennis, hike & love the outdoors. Just completed chemo, & waiting to start rads...

• illinoislady

Yay for getting the chemo out of the way.  It can have some real kinks......and while you didn't say hard or easy.....usually ( there is lots of exceptions to everything ) the rads were for me mainly just a big time-taking bore......and I'm hoping it works that well for you.  I think staying somewhat active is likely a good thing and it sounds like you do lots of healthful things.

Isn't it a strange dichotomy that doing all the right things doesn't seem to particularly matter where this disease is concerned......its equal opportunity.  But my thought is.....it may help a lot while you are in treatment and learning to live zestfully again afterwards.

I'm wishing you very, very well.

Lilli 

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

thanks Lilli, I live in Idaho, so not getting outside for fun right now, although I am in a Sunday morning Walking group, 2 1/2 miles to breakfast and then back...I have only been able to go a few times in the last 5 months of chemo, still dealing with the SE of Taxol, bone pain, muscle weakness...but all that will change soon

Happy to be on board with all of you, will attempt to catch up & get to know everyone...

Thanks to Sas for being a positive influence & organizer

• camillegal

Holeinone is Idaho a snowy state? I'm really bad about states and where they should be, well I know CA and TX and FL really well when I look at a map but the rest are iffy to me, But ILL is a pretty good snow state like we had today, tho I didn't go out people do go out in it. But only if u have to around here. I'm glad u came here too. 

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

Hi ladies!!! Not having insomnia as much now as I used to - oh to have had this thread then!!! :) I'll pop in, though, even when I'm awake during the day...

Tonight (it's only a little after 5 PM, but still) I have to work. The project I came "back" to work to complete is in its final stages. The conversion is scheduled for tonight. Please wish me LOTS of luck, as this could turn into a real train wreck, but I'm hoping it goes well. I'll check in a little later and let you know.....

• sas-schatzi

Galsal-hey old friend, glad you're her. Maybe coming to Tampa after about the 2ns week of Jan. Spookieesmom, special. marywl are over there. Going to try for a get together I'll give you a call after the 23rd. I find out if the thyroids coming out sassy

• camillegal

GG if u worked on it , it will be great, so don't worry--let us know OK.

• illinoislady

GG -- lots of highly positive vibes as this job ends well. 

Lilli

• sas-schatzi

Hi Teka, GG,Golfgirl. off to cook dinner Hugs sassy

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

Hellooo, Sistahs!!!

Well, it's only 6 p.m. here in Cali, but it's been a busy week, so I'll probably hit the hay shortly.

DH and I went down to Laguna Beach a week ago last Thursday, and on the 12th, I had the great good fortune to be able to have lunch with 2nd_time_around, hbcheryl, and whippetmom.

And yes, 2nd_time_around was right.... she and I sat there and talked for four and a half hours!!!! The time just flew by. I felt so sorry for her commute home... mine was easy!

By the way, I haven't posted any pics yet, because, um, well, THE CARD IS STILL IN MY CAMERA!!!!

It took about 8 hours to get home (we made a few stops along the way) and then DH unloaded the car last night, while I sewed some decorated towels for my SIL and BIL as Christmas presents.

Why, you ask, did I stay up until 1:30 a.m., weeping and cursing as I ripped out threads just to get these gifts done? Because I found out that we had to drive up into the mountains this morning to meet them and pick up the serger she was giving me!

(That was surreal. Yesterday we were in warm temps with bright sun and palm trees, and this morning we were in the snow. The exchange went well, and now I have a machine which I have no idea how to use.)

The lunch with my BCO sisters was truly the highlight of our trip to the beach!!! Instead of posting the pic of all of us, I think I will email it to each sistah and they can post it in whichever threads they frequent the most.

Next time we come down (June), I am going to try to join up with the gathering of the San Diego ladies!!!

Hope everyone has a restful night!!!

xoxoxo

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667

Sas, I've been following this thread for quite a while now since I go through spells of insomnia. Love reading the posts here. Thank you for starting this. And hello to the gals I recognize from the other threads! Mostly read with an occasional post and enjoy your company and banter.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

snif

Can I play here too?

• sas-schatzi

WSpookie absolutely.You got my message at cheesed din't you? We need totalk about me coming over. Hugs actually going to rty sleep

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

no, I didn't, but will check again. I'm good anytime you are, depends on your surgery?

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

GG this thread has been around for ages just went very quiet. I am usually around from about now and Chrissy will come on as well a bit later. It's 4pm Sunday here.

It is hot and humid here today - just thought I would tell you!!!