Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Okay found it. Sheffield silver company Brooklyn Ny. Probably between1950'--1980'. Not old , but very pretty. That is if I can talk my chair electroplater into buffing the screw up I made by being impatient. DO YOU THINK HE'LL DO IT IF I SMILE PRETTY AND BAT MY EYES? Hells bells can't try cleavage ---it's crooked.

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324

I went to the plastic surgeon today.  On Februsary 4th I will be having the (dogears) extra skin removed from under my arms that was left after having bilateral mastectomies almost 3 years ago.  The side where they removed nodes there is more extra skin than on the other side.  They will be doing it right at the office in a surgery room.  They will use local anesthesia.  

Cindy AKA Squishy

• sas-schatzi

$$$$44444444$$$$$$$$ Merry Christmas ---you popped on by :)

AWAKE. ooPS almost had coffee. Must sleep tonight, big day tomorrow. Get to meet Badger--------soooooooooooooooooooooooo excited.

:Trivial pursuit: Bishop's Wife" Is on Niven, Grant  and ________________- Chickie will bring the prize HOHOHOHO

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Loretta Young !!!   Am I right ?

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Holeinone I believe u are, such a happy beautiful movie and loved the scenery.I remember Ricardo Montebon talking about when he got to Hollywood and saw a picture of Loretta  Young's sister and said I'm going to marry her one day and yea he was laughed at. As a few yrs passed he met her they fell in love and married and stayed  married forever and he also said he was the best lover, cuz he never cheated and she was his true love and she was happy. When he told it -it was so beautiful but that was so many years ago and I still remember him saying that. For Hollywood that's an exceptional story. On the other hand, my dad said he sw my mom walking down the street and said he was going to marry her and asked her the next day, she said stay away from me u'r crazy--So he made friends with my grandpa and he was around a lot--finally my mom dated him and they got married, but he said he never cheatd on my mom cuz it was hard enough to make her happy let alone another woman. He didn't have that same romance in him. They were married almost 70 yrs.None Hollywood tho.

• sas-schatzi

Holeinone----------hey Golfgirl you are right!youwinyouwinyouwinyouwinyouwinyouwinvyouwinyouwinyouwinyouwinyouwinyouwinyouwinyouwin,

youwinyouwinyouwinyouwinyouwinyouwinvyouwinyouwinyouwinyouwinyouwinyouwinyouwinyouwin,

youwinyouwinyouwinyouwinyouwinyouwinvyouwinyouwinyouwinyouwinyouwinyouwinyouwinyouwin

• sas-schatzi

Cami , I loved both your stories, special each ome of them :)

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971

• Holeinone

woohoo! ! ! !    Yah....my lucky day, thx Sas for the beautiful award...I will have to come up with a riddle or some clever trivia. I got my simulation for rads today, so I'm very happy to be moving on with treatment. WBC is only 2.1, that is pretty scary but Mo & RO said no worries. Needless to say, energy level is trashed...oh well, sweet dreams

• sas-schatzi

Ckickie what a perfect prize--great job        Did you make that?

Golf gorl -----good luck on the rads

• Holeinone

ChickaD, that is Awesome !  Thx...  I was giving Sas, crap about her beautifully designed you win, you were posting the same time as I..

I couldn't made it without all of you, saved my bacon the last month...

• ChickaD

Yep..that was my creative artwork!

• ChickaD

Talking about prizes...every holiday I make my family play Bingo.....we usually play 5 games after dinner for cool prizes!   My family hated the idea at first, until they got fun prizes.......

• Holeinone

lottery tickets...?

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

ChicaD -

We went to a friend's 80th birthday party at her clubhouse. The entertainment was bingo. We all rolled our eyeballs, and looked at our watches, seeing how fast we could get out of there.

Well, needless to say, I got hooked. Now I play "Bingo Beach", "Bingo Cats", and "Bingo Bash" on my iPad.

• sas-schatzi

You guys after days of sleeping I'm wide awake and hey only a 3-4/10 in pain. pooper it's that oxy keeping me awake. Supposed to see Badger tomorrow, and also a couple other big things came up. I needed my beauty rest(HAH) and my brain working. Chit it's 3:16 am. AND nary a sleepy bone in my body or brain.

Good job Chickie :) I saw an artist hand in that one. Good idea with the games.

Trivial Pursuit: Who is Lorretta Youngs sister________________?

Cami, how did the cake cookies turn out. How'd Joey do?

Blessings you were up late too, but I wasn't here.........missed you

YooHOO SOTERIA and 2nd are you up?

• Pawprint
    Pawprint Member Posts: 354

Sas....I hope you are sleeping cause you have big day tomorrow, you are going to see Badger. It's almost 2:30 am here in California and I need to get some sleep too, I have a long work day ahead. 

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

Polly Ann & Elizabeth Jane (screen name Sally Blane)

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,529

hopelessly behind.  It has become my middle name to myself now.

Lilli

• camillegal

She had a younger sister that Ricardo M. married--I can't think of her name--like Georgette or something like that--I think they had the same mom but different dad or visa versa--like 1/2 sisters but they were close I think.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

No Jackie, I FELL on my behind.... What choo mean?  I am not behind.... Cammi is.... she's talking about something...  Someone's Sister.... but not hers...

I'm not going to talk to her until she makes those cookies.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 942

Good evening Girls!

I just woke from my late afternoon/early evening nap. My 15 year old Grandaughter, was coming to spend the weekend, but her mom & dad were going Christmas shopping, so they're bringing her tomorrow and taking me to Kroger to get my Christmas ham. 

DH has been driving my van lately as he has no heat in his truck, and in this freezing weather he needed the heat and especially the defroster. We just paid $400 for a new heater core & thermostat, but our me chain is an upright Christian man who stands by his work. We just hadn't had time to get the truck back to him until today. So by Monday I should have my van back. Whoo Hoo!

I do have some lonely evenings with Jimmy leaving for work at 1:00 pm and getting home at 2:30 am. I always wait up for him, but I no longer work outside the home and I can afford to do that. All my friends & family go to bed when the street lights come on, so I sometimes go a little stir crazy.

I'll be popping in & out here throughout the night.

Later Gators

• camillegal

Wait, wait-----u mean if I never make the COOKIES Chevy won't talk to me---hmmm I have to think about this a while.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

Helloooooooooo sleepless ones. I just woke up from my nap.  I finished up some Christlemas shopping this afternoon.  Now just gotta wrap it all up for delivery tomorrow to the kids.  These are teenage kids I've never met so I hope they like what I gottem. 

I've also been on the phone with healthcare.gov.  (heavy sigh)  I sort of wish that just once in my life I was normal.  It would be so much faster than trying to get the provider on the phone to make sure that both sets of my medical team were covered.  I know the Nebraska ones are, but have to call to find out if the Texas group is in network.  I called and their computer system was down.  "Can you call back later?"  Hell, I'm calling now!  Fix the stupid computer and help me! However, I just took a deep breath and thanked Dick (that was his name) and told him okay.  That's when I decided it was time for my nap. 

Good News -  Next Friday it's time for my second haircut post chemo!  Yippee!!  I need a nice spiky do to go with my Christmas cover on my ankle monitor.

• sas-schatzi

Hellllooooo. What a day. Took a melatonin, passed out 4:30 am, DBF got me up at ten to work on his stuff, Fixed next problem, THEN>>>>>>>>> went to see, Badger. Who new little ole Melbourne district had two Cracker barrels. First cracker barrel had a nice chat with a gentleman about Sand Hill Crane that was eating in front of the store, and Ibis's going to and from work. Badger and I then got together, had a lovely chat. Couldn't hug her enough.

Badger --------we forgot to get a picture of the two of us. Shucks Oh well next visit.

Chevy I'm the one that falls, You fell on your  butt? where? is the dog okay? DH? Anything broke? Will you survive?

$$$4444$$$$-------you win, you win, whoop, whoop. I got so interested in reading about all the sisters and the scandal with LY and Clarke Cable, I almost lost tract of when I was to leave. Judy Lewis did well, even though all those around her lied about her parents.

Solteria, yes the evenings suck, That's the time we are programmed to be together. How long does DH have to do this? Years?

Phillysotired.

2nd yoo-hoo

• [Deleted User]

I just got a text from DH. He gets home from work tonight at 2:30 am. They want him back on the job at 8:00 am. That means going to bed at 3:30 or so (have to unwind) and getting up at 6:00 am. Seriously? 

Isn't today the last day to enroll in the ACA? I heard that on the news last night. When I went on the site it was down. What a cluster f_ _ k!

Sorry about that. I don't even curse, but this ticks me off!

I made a bundt cake last week. It was a Duncan Hines yellow butter recipe. I didn't frost it. I just sprinkled powdered sugar on it while it was still warm. Oh my! Scrumptious!

I made one last week too. The only difference was I used a Betty Crocker mix. I was amazed at the difference. It wasn't nearly as good as the Duncan Hines. I had no idea.

I guess maybe I should round up some of these dust bunnies. I'm quite happy just sitting here watching them mate & multiply, but I have company coming tomorrow.

Catch you later

Paula

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

well, all, it's official, I can't keep up with this thread! Lillie, I relate!

Was a very difficult week, can hardly kelp my eyes open come 10:30 or 11. Seems like lots has been going on this week, finally greeting the holiday spirit, just started some shopping today. 

Sassy, awesome you got to meet up with Badger! Have you met before?

Cami, are the cookies made yet? Three inspired into? Not that bad. (DD loves to bake, like last night, but lives to leave me the mess. Then she's not home for a couple days so I give in and clean up because I can't stand it a mess for a couple days.

Paula, love your thoughts about dust bunnies: being happy just watching them mate and multiply! Have to remember that one. Glad to see you're back, but that's yucky about DH's work schedule. 

Did look up about LY as you made me curious. There were 3 other sisters, was someone thinking of Georgiana? Also saw LY was godmother to Marlo Thomas. 

Phyllis (that's my middle name!) 2nd haircut, that's big progress! This new insurance sucks! Am paying unbelievable prices for COBRA now, to get decent coverage for the 3 of us, it will be almost the same (to get similar coverage with vision and dental) - almost a grand$. And still high copays, glad I got the cancer and medical issues taken care of this year, it would probably break us next year.  

B-dreams, woohoo, getting thru a long day! TGIF! Relax 

Oh, the best part of this week: I've been so desperate as I've been tired that one PT has an attitude I'm not trying hard enough to do my home stretching and exercises. Turns out I have not one but two areas of scar tissue. One of PT's suggested lots of heat, showed me some massage techniques I can do under foob, can't reach the other one on my side, deep down, then lots of new stretches. Those helped a bit, but still continual pain. Well, I have a friend trained in oncology and MFR massage. Last massage she gave me was last year at this time, about 6 weeks from 2nd mx/bilateral stage 1 recon. She had to. Lose down her practice and is only starting back up. She told me about the 2 areas of scar tissue, worked them good. Noticed a couple hours later, my pain felt different - not pain, but sore. Finally, some relief! After 14 months of pain, I'm not feeling it. Got lots more fun stretches today, we'll see how that goes.

Need to submit before I lose.

• sas-schatzi

BD & 2nd , no I hadn't gotten to meet Badger before, so this was a great surprise. Serendipidty, through Soteria, on the Tips for Chemo thread.

Solteria, is DH union? 3 hours between shifts isn't safe. Is he between a rock and a hard place if he raises a safety alarm? My dust bunnies are all related to my lab/pit mix. Can't believe how he sheds. My german wired haired pointer hasn't shed since the lab came into the house. She did shed before. Don't know what to make of that?

2nd LOL, I first read MFR as Mother F***king release. Too much time I suppose on STFU LOL. Then realized it was myofascial release.

Maybe back later never know what the fairies will bring for sleep.

I bumped all the threads that need bumping, so, my chores are done for the night

L&H&P's sheila

• [Deleted User]

Sas DH works through a temp service at Whirlpool. He's been there for 7 months. They aren't hiring. If they use temps they don't have to offer insurance. 

Paula