Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

I like our Trivial Pursuit game. Except Chickie won't always be around to give prizes. But let's keep playing on. The Loretta Young and her sisters stories were so typically old Hollywood. Loretta was a bit (big bit) wild Catholic Girl. She seems so calm and together in her movies, but she lead a wild , wild life. Hah can you imagine the tabloids keeping any of it secret today?

Oh bye the way, tabloid at grocery counter has pic of so starlets boob job, with the caption "Botched Boob Job". I thought HMMMMMMM looks just like mine, cleavage on the left goes across the chest unless I have a bra on. Wondered if I should of bought and taken it too the PS.........

• sas-schatzi

Soteri, so typical of all employers today. Ethics and responsibility in the toilet. I have had this cartoon on the fridge for years. It's an executive with his feet on the desk, sitting in a corner window office of a highrise. "How many people do I have to lay off to increase my bonus by 10 million?"

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 942

Sas DH worked for the company before. He had excellent benefits. This is all because of the ACA. We live in an area near Rickenbacker Air Base that has 100's of large warehouses. They've all adapted the practice of using temps instead of hiring and paying benefits.

So has anybody tried the cakemix/cool whip cookies? I'm always for the easy way of making stuff. I hate to cook. I'd rather do the dishes anytime.

Paula

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

Soteria - my ACA letter says that if you apply by 12/15/13 you can have coverage on 1/2/14.  After that, you have until March 31.  I haven't had trouble with the website today, but that doesn't mean that others won't.  I did get my new best bud, Sarah, at Cooperative Health to confirm that all of my providers are in network.  Hallelujah!  Now just working on my discounts/tax credits. 

If I can get a discount/credit, it will help a LOT.  Without that, the COBRA and Marketplace are running neck and neck.

Good luck and drink lots or eat chocolate.

• sas-schatzi

Soteria. The business of effectively terminating or reducing full time status to part time status to avoid the cost o ACA is rampant across the country.  Methinks it will start another recession trend. As people pull back spending on other goods and services b/c of the increased costs of ACA or inability to pay insurance coverage costs even though it's law, The laws of supply and demand will come into play.

People spending less money, will cause an increase in inventories, Increase in inventories will cause a decrease in orders to manufacturers. Decreased orders to manufactures of goods will lead to decreased production. Decreased production leads to layoffs of personnel and reduction in spending for materials.

The trickle down affect will spread to other sectors. We all know the basic economics. Apparently, the government didn't think this through very well.

All here remember the controversy re chemo drugs that was in the news most prominently in 2010. A congressional subcommittee produced a paper of the findings that they identified that caused the system implosion(my word). It is amazing reading. My opinion is it will be included in all economic studies in the future. It involved the FDA and private industry responding to government intervention and threats,

BTW the fiasco that began in 2008(?) is predicted to not be corrected until 2016. The media has the attention span of a gnat. we aren't hearing about it , but it is still going on.

I'll put the link below. It is not written in government legalise. If you chose to read it, start with the summary on page twenty one. Then read the document-------------The whole thing was a beauracratic Cluster F**K.

http://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/6-15-2012-Report-FDAs-Contribution-to-the-Drug-Shortage-Crisis.pdf

Back to the top.The recession has likely begun , we just haven't had enough numbers come in. But the quaterly reports in the next year are going to be very interesting. How is this linked to ACA. People have lost their jobs, or status has been downgraded so insurance is not a benefit. Add to that the system it self is a failure. It's law in11 days and confusion abounds. The ClusterF**K hasn't gain steam yet.

• sas-schatzi

Maybe I need to go back to bed.Loopy Way to serious for a Friday night. I know what it is, I didn't pick up any spirits.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Hi everyone====Let's make cookies---it's only 3 ingredients---it'll be easy----and fun---(that's said with a sing a song lilt to it-----Fu*k these cookies--made them -I am not a good cookie baker--no one was home except Joey and me---I'm asking him if they look done--he says Mamma u'r the adult here--well the first batch was a little overdone, the rest weren't bad--we made lemon--To me personally it was a mess and as usual they got bigger and bigger as we both were spooning them out into the powdered sugar with sticky hands and this white stuff going in our noses---but not the white stuff that would make me have fun- By the time we were done we both looked at each other and said never again--but I'm not a cookie baker remember that. Now Chevy will talk to me and I'm sure if someone else made these it would be simple and good.

• camillegal

OK nuff about that---I just wanted to say so many places are doing this temp stuff, it's awful--But people have to work and usually they aren't the best paid jobs either and they say the % of people who aren't working but that does not include the people who aren't working and their unemployment ran out--there's bunches of them--it's a mess and when our computer work for all the new healthcare was given to Canada as a job, what happened to letting the US do it? So I'm steamed about all of this poppin up like an older pressure cooker.

• sas-schatzi

Cami sweetie, let that top pop ! Thar she blews *&^#$@$&*()()__+

• sas-schatzi

Obana has the lowest approval rating since Nixon.

• sas-schatzi

Cami I did catch that comment about the white stuff ROTFLOL

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

ok sleepless, sleep deprived & over sleepers ( you know who you are ) Lots going on here, people falling, Hollywood sisters & Cami still making those lemon cookies !

I had 2 glasses of red wine tonight, 5 months no alcohol...not a real smart choice, WBC 2.1...yikes..

Good News for me...Rads start on Monday....Happy Weekend to all...

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 942

I must admit. I just woke up. Fell asleep in my recliner with my little Weiner Dog on my lap. I was really sawing logs when my son called to tell me good night. Don't you just love it when someone wakes you to say "goodnight?" Lol

Cookies sound great right now. Anytime if given a choice in sweets, I'd choose cookies.

DH will be home in little more than an hour....snack time while watching Jeopardy, then bed, and back up at 6:00 am, but when he leaves at 7:00 I can go back to sleep in my recliner.

What do you gals watch on tv? Anything regularly?

Paula

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Paula, that sucks being woken up that way! At least he tells you and he cares. My DD moved back home after 1st year of college (the condo she shared with people she works with - they've both graduated from college so her budget is very limited compared to theirs - was sold in July so she just moved back home to save money), she'll be 20 next month. She feels she's too mature and independent to let me know if she's not coming home (her BF's family has a big house with spare studio apts and extra rooms so she crashes there), all I ask is a simple text to say she's safe when she gets to the evening's final destination - she says I'm interfering with her life! So, many nights I wake up with a start to race to garage to see if her car is in the garage. When it's not I worry (she has a 7-11 PM shift as an intern at a hospital and often the evening shift at work - which shares a parking lot with a different hospital, where all kinds of people hang out) and have a difficult time falling back to sleep, if at all. Wow, that's a lot of words to explain the situation!

About TV favs: I'm hooked on Downton Abbey, was hooked on DWTS (I got tickets to the live show this past season), Grey's Anatomy and Scandal. 

Hope you some sleep after DH leaves for work.

• Pawprint
    Pawprint Member Posts: 354

I was looking forward to Cami's cookies. Now I think a video of her and Joey baking them would have been hilarious especially with that white stuff going up their noses.....funny visual :)

Paula, I am boring when it comes to what I watch on television. Even though I hate laugh tracks on many of the television shows, I do like to watch the Big Bang. I watch lots of news shows, documentaries, medical shows, Hallmark Channel movies. 

2nd...that's frustrating and leaves you feeling worried when kids don't at least text or call and let you know they're safe somewhere. It is not at all interfering with her life....you give her a place to live and it's common courtesy and respect to let you know she's safe somewhere for the night so you can sleep and not worry. 

Holeinone, I hope you get a peaceful restful weekend before you start Rads Monday. 

• camillegal

Hi everyone the drama of "the cookie fiasco" is still with me--I really haven't baked cookies at all since my mom died 13 yrs ago and even then she used to tell me I was a drama queen for making cookies and her rules all cookies the exact same size. I had no rules tonight. That woman was crazy but I loved her very much--my parents were always my rock. Hell I lived in a condo upstairs from them, so I was always there and a spoiled brat, I admit it. But Joey got to meet my dad and he still remembers how my dad *who was blind) would feel his hands and feet and say he's going to be tall, he's got to grow into these feet and hands, like a puppy. Of course I used to tell my dad I was still thin and he thought that was nice. I'm not but he couldn't tell.

Oh this weather is getting goofy, not to far from here they might get 4-6 in, we might only get a couple, but if any wind shift happens they don't know LOL It really doesn't concern me I don't have to go out.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

OMG...!  You're UP?    Talk to me....

• camillegal

• camillegal

Oh now u'll talk to me, cuz I made those stupid cookies--How's u/r back, u'r tailbone.?

• Chevyboy

Oh whew!  I was ascreed you left!  YOU MADE COOKIES!  I wish I could hug you!  That story was so FUNNY!   You HAD to do it, for Joey!

• Chevyboy

I took my Grandson's to meet my Dad in San Francisco!  Brandon was 11... The next year I took Chase....  but those memories were the best!

Brandon remembers "Pa-pa Bud" showing him how to get rid of those giant snails!  Gross, I know!  And how we all laughed together... 

• camillegal

U didn't answer my love u'r tailbone--I was worried about that

And U'r right those good memories never fade.

• Chevyboy

No, nothing hurts!  Ha!  Amazing, how resilient I am.... I'm sorry your Dad lost his sight....  That is the worst...other than losing them....

• Chevyboy

See, we can talk about all the other goils, cause no one is up yet...WinkingIt is freezing here.... gotta go feed the chickens a little later!

• camillegal

Chevy he was still so fun and never complained--we'd forget sometimes. LOL

I'm glad u'r not hurt those can be awful falls the day after, that's why I was worried, u'r tough

• Chevyboy

I KNOW!  I fell backwards off the 2nd step of this stool once..... MAN, that one hurt!  I just laid there.... on the hard-wood floor, wondering if I could move!

• Pawprint
    Pawprint Member Posts: 354

Like the pic of the cat massage Cami

• Chevyboy

My Dad was the fun one too...  Even when he wasn't drinking, but the drinking kind of got in the road too much of the time.  My Mom, just tried to work around all the turmoil....Ha!  They were fun to see them separate, but when they came to visit together, it was "Hold on....  SOMEthings' gonna happen!"

• Chevyboy

Brokendreams...!  Can I just call you Dreamer or Dreams?  Because we don't want your dreams to be broken..... any more...

• camillegal

Brokendreams that's how my cat messages my arms with LE--she seems to know hahaha