Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Enerv Welcome, but I'm sorry u'r here--I have heard some have really a lot of pain and others not so much--Again a crazy thing. Please take any pain meds they gave u and I hope u can rest and feel better very soon. Try to have a Merry Christmas.

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985

Thanks i actually think is a reaction to the anesthetic, which is the first time i have that long reaction. Hope i feel better tmw. I mean beside the pain i vomit 5 times, even water i vomit. This is brutal. On the other hand i am glad its done, over and TE are gone. That makes up for my suffering. 

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

A Blessed and Peaceful Christmas to all! May your Holidays be Happy.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Enerva, sorry you are having to suffer the side effects from surgery especially on the holiday...hoping 2014 is a better year for us...

• NickyJ
    NickyJ Member Posts: 372

Enerva,

Sorry you're feeling so bad right now. Hopefully you'll start to feel better really soon, so that you can at least enjoy the holidays a bit!  In the meantime, we'll do our best to keep you company. 

Nicky

• Enerva

Thanks Nicky, maybe tmw i ll be a bit better.

• NickyJ
    NickyJ Member Posts: 372

I'm sure you will be!  Have they given you anything for the nausea and the pain?

Nicky

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

• Enerva

I slept 3 hours now. i am in pain so can sleep anymore. my problem is that i vomit within a few minutes of taking the pills so it seams i can take advantage of them.  

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378

Wishing all the owlettes a very Merry Christmas!  Thank you for helping me through another year....

SillyHeart

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Enerva!  Just want to wish you a special pain-free Christmas...  And maybe throwing up  can bite the dust too...

Sass, where are you?  Ask her what she is taking, and if she can get the pain pills down without throwing them up...  Everytime I took Pepto-Bismol for anything, I would just throw up!  And it was supposed to BE for that!  I'm sorry you......  WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What is that you are riding in that picture?

That looks like some bad-a$$ sort of BIKE?    It's by a lake?  So I'll bet you ride it across water?  WHAT are you DOing girl?  You are probably SEA-sick!

Oh, okay.... I just want to make you smile..... Merry Christmas...anyway....

• Chevyboy

CHICKERS!!!!!!!!!  Merry Christmas to you! xoxoxo

• Enerva

Hi i slept around 3 hours, i am so tired but the pain got better, i took a white tea around 4am and took the meds, did not vomit yet, hopping the toast bread will be ok. I am so hungry lol i only Ride a Honda CBR250 hahhahahah but love the bike in that picture, got it from the internet. I wish to be able to ride my bike this year cuz BC took that away from me. I kept the bike so i ll be back riding this spring :)

• Chevyboy

• Chevyboy

So is this you, riding around all wild and wooly?  Oh you will get back on it...  Just wait...  Once you stop that throwin' up and stuff...

Glad you are feeling better...  My Mom used to make us eat crackers..... and even milk-toast when we didn't feel good...  So go do that.... and drink 7-up....  Or even coke!  Don't drink Chocolate cokes like I do..... or maybe that would make you FEEL better...ha!  Merry Christmas!

• Enerva

lol thanks here is me!  Before BC and after.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,548

Chiming in late as usual.  Till you can get some help from your Dr., Enerva.....stick to white foods....bananas  and 7-UP are good but generally anything pretty much white can be gentle on the stomach......white bread, potatoes, egg whites -- yellow yolks should be left out, cottage cheese if you like it....but you should be checking in with a Dr. as pain is stress and is something you'd be better without right now.

I do hope you can get moving up and away from the stress/distress.  Some of this care for ourselves becomes a hunt and peck method.....by the time I found an anti-nausea drug that would work for me....I didn't need it anymore. 

Lilli

• camillegal

Santa was here and Joey was so happy and Santa left a note thanking him for the cookies that Joey left out. So the presents are being opened and Joey is handing them out and after a few minutes he stopped and said This is wonderful if this is all I get (a couple then) it's more than enough I'm so happy we have each other and he started to cry. So he got composed and we finished our presents and he was thrilled thanking us and Santa--cuz he knows he can hear  him--And Marty said Oh there's one more and he brought out the last one--It was an IPOD V--with Searry??? Joey opens it and the tears really came and he said I never expected this,  I know I couldn't have been that good--OMG this is unbelievable as he's crying his eyes out.--and he keeps saying TY, TY, TY-with tears running down his face. Talk about drama opening up presents. He's making us all cry.

This is My Christmas Story today.

• camillegal

Enerva u seem a little better, as Jackie said guard u'r pain for better healing---I hope u have a decent Christmas.

Now is that u on the bike??????

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Cami, sweet story about Joey. Sounds like he is caring, gentle soul...enjoy your day...

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

Enerva, you are definitely a bad ass, and beautiful, too.  If you weren't yakking up everything you eat, I might be jealous!  Do NOT try milk and bread, no matter what Chevy says.  That would make the healthiest person in the world barf.  I might, just thinking about it!  I hope you're better soon.

I talked to sassy-fras this morning.  She has her kidlet home, so not sure if she will check in.

Cammi, you have the sweetest Joey in the world.

Merry Christmas all of you little owl-thingies!

• Enerva

lol thanks everyone Merry Xtmas

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Merry Christmas All

Enerva time to call Breast surgeon Doc. You have been vomiting long enough. Need to avoid dehydration. Don't hesitate, the doc will be on call. He will tell you what to do.  Also, ask him how long after you do what he tells, do you wait to call him back if it's not working.

This is the retired nurse making these suggestions. Please, do what I ask :)

• Enerva

Thanks i did and the nurse said to take gravol lol 

• Chevyboy

A Biker Babe!  Yay!   Sass, is Gravol okay?  Wish you could call in prescriptions for us!

Merry Christmas gals! 

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Chevy, My GM used to give me milk toast when I was sick. To this day I can't stand warm  milk or soggy toast.

Enerva, hope the barfing is over with. Then you can get a handle on the pain. They might make pain suppositories - I don't know.

Merry Christmas everyone!

DS said his youngest woke them up at 4:45 this morning. I was thinking, what goes around comes around.

• Enerva

lol i havent vomit this afternoon i had soup, and soda crackers, and  so far taking pain killer 1 pill every 4 hours. and antibiotic every 6. i feel better already :)

• Chevyboy

That's because it is Christmas!    Yes, just eat soup, like Chicken Broth, and crackers...  Make sure you eat while you are taking those pills!  

Wren, I know....  But I think that milk-toast was good for us...Ha!  And Mom would put a big piece of butter on top...! 

My Husbands  Italian family always gave their kids Pastine' when they were sick.... Just those tiny macaroni's cooked, and lots of butter.    Just go make yourself a chocolate coke!  I'm telling you, it is the best!

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

Enerva - Constant vomiting can respond well to Phenergan suppositories. Even if you can't hold anything down, those suckers will stay in long enough to work! There is also Phenergan cream that can be used on the wrist, but I haven't tried that.

I was always told to start with a teaspoon of water. If it stayed down, I could have two teaspoons. But if I kept vomiting for more than 8 hours, I needed to go to the ER for an IV to rehydrate me.

As far as eating, you'll want to try a little something bland, then wait. If it stays down you can have more. Flat ginger ale with lots of ice always tasted good to me.

Just a thought: both my grandsons were going through the same thing you were and they didn't have surgery. They had the extremely horrible stomach virus that is going around like wildfire. Is it possible that you just had a dreadful coincidence of getting this bug at the same time you were trying to recuperate?

Hoping you are now well on your way to recovery!