Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Options

Comments

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378
    Options
    Pic is me - many many many years ago....  Laughing
  • barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

I'm up. Dang insomnia. Went to sleep at 9:30 then BAM. 3AM and I am awake.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

I here but if someone doesn't respond within 2 minutes I'm off too netherland

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    Options

Are you still there. I am just back.

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439
    Options

I'm here too, now! Wow............I've got to get faster eyes and even faster fingers.

Sheila.

• AussieSheila
    Options

Speaking of chickens Sas, we call them chooks here, and mature women are sometimes referred to as, 'old chooks' as opposed to 'spring chickens' as in 'the old girl is no spring chicken.'

Sheila from Down Under where it is now 8:22pm Monday.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    Options

Hi Sheila, I am certainly an old chook. Its 10.35 here and just about time for bed.

• anumacha
    anumacha Member Posts: 61
    Options

I have not gone to bed and this may be the reason I sleep late and just cannot do those 8AM appts.

I go to work at 4 pm so that helps. Our Ohio weather has gone from winter to summer with showers...I will be going from heat to air conditioning especially with these hot flashes. My diva cat fell asleep beside me and her brother went to bed without us. I have two tuxedo kitties and they are prancing for food again. They keep me busy and I try to make things for the breast cancer center like chemo caps, arm pillows and little crocheted bags to hold ice bags or padding in a bra. I guess I will try for bed onee more time! I have on the back ofmy business cards that each day is a gift from God. Prayers to all of you in your journey through this adventure in life.

• AussieSheila
    Options

I was going to say G'day Alyson..............but it's not, so I hope you have a good night anyway.

Sheila.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

hey I'm here

• sas-schatzi
    Options

such along night  dealing with problems and i still end up talkin to my dog

• She
    She Member Posts: 131
    Options

Hey not-so-sleepy-heads lol, just stopping by to say HEY!   I am time zone challenged, I'm 7 hours ahead of home, waking up at 4am and falling face-first into my keyboard.  Better get back to work.  Sigh 26 pages already and I've not read one.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

SHE are you at the resort yet ------------still so Jealous ---------have so much fun ----xoxo sas

• sas-schatzi
    Options

here for  a couple minutes more then bed calls

• sas-schatzi
    Options

love and blessings to all sleep is  beckoning ----------------ahhhhhhhhhhh

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    Options

Sagina/Valgal- 34DDD here...7 nodes taken and my arm is sroe adn numb still inplaces. My radiologist told me last Monday hat that is normal and it may take up to a year to get it all back..breast is very sore and achy...figure it is scar tissue trying to fill in the whole. Was told I am healing just fine...but I hurt and can't wear wire bras anymore..and can't find any that aren't to fit me!

• Sandeeonherown
    Options

Sas- my partner of 16 years did not pass away but left because he was 45, very depressed and felt he was ruining my life/our life....When I moved to my own apartment, Ibought a single bed because I could NOT sleep in a big bed with pillows surrounding me any more...I am still broken hearted ..doesn't matter if people tell you tomove on..you will or won';t when you are ready and not before..perhaps, like me, you are a swan...

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412
    Options

sas! SORRY I MISSED YOU ALL LAST NIGHT!!

I actually had plans! woohoo! went to my best friends son's b-day party (he turned 9), it was alot of fun, even though my best friend and I sat there while one of the other girls kind of cornered us into listening her sob stories about her fiance. when the crying started with her, we sent her out for more beer. then when she came back at least we had some beer to drink while we listened to her!

stupid stupid shit this girl gets all wrapped up about.... seriously. but anyway, after they left, we had a wonderful time!!!! still up till about 3, but was hanging with the DH!!! will be on tonight i am sure!!

went to the chiropractor today, he said i was all "jammed up" he cracked my neck and my back and it is a little better, but not completely gone. going back tomorrow, tomorrow AFTERNOON that is! cause until rads, my butt is in a vicious cycle of 3 am bedtime, noon or 1 pm getting out of bed!!!!

well ladies, going to go catch up on the other threads, but most likely will be on MUCH LATER!!!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    Options

I have missed the last two nights and you ladies move way too fast for me to catch up.  I have been tryng out Melatonin and it seems to be working.  I hope this continues but know I can come here if it doesn't.  

• Sandeeonherown
    Options

Heading to bed to sleep I hope...last night was a write off..makes a huge difference in the am...Night all. Hope to chat tomorrow..and not ina few hours:)..if you know what I mean!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    Options

Good Night and Sweet Dreams Sandee

• hdangelbaby
    Options

I wonder if we just stayed up all night, and i mean all night, and through the next day, if we would end up going to bed at a decent time?????? i have thought about doing that. that or forcing myself to make an early appt when rads start. then I have to go to bed and get up at a decent time!!

topic for the evening (perhaps??)

i eat well. well enough i guess. when i make dinner i always try to have a veggie, carb, and protein.  but alot of times i feel like it's not enough. i think i feel that way because of alot of what i have read on this and other sites. about how your supposed to eat this and that and not eat this and that. i have pretty much been eating like i did before chemo (well, i only eat fast food when i really crave it now, like once every 2 weeks), and i was a very good healthy weight and healthy in the rest of my body besides the BC.

what are your thoughts on this? maybe i just guilt myself, like i do other things, cause like many other women, you can't help to think sometimes, that is was something I did, to cause this mess. i know in the deep parts of my head i didn't, but that emotional side rears its head sometimes and i feel that way.

well, i am off to make dinner, salmon, whole wheat pasta and mixed veggies!!!

will be back later!

• Thatgirl
    Thatgirl Member Posts: 34
    Options

@sas.....my pcp gave me some anti depressants after my dx but I haven't taken them. I think my mind thinks I'm going to miss the posting of the "cure" on this board, so I read it all night.

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    Options

I think I hear crickets chirping....lol. the board is quiet.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Options

hey all, wanted to weigh in, im in and out, most nights.. post here, go there, come back here...

hdangel.. there are many nights in the recent past i've stayed awake for 24 hrs, and i hasnt changed a thing.. i could go for 3 days, at times, and then crash. thats' how i met Chrissy b... we chased each other around at 6am, and she taught me how to post pictures.. now, we chat till the wee hrs (here) on skype, sometimes... its her day, but DEF my night..

Jo1955; what dose of melatonin are you taking? im trying EVERYTHING to get a more reg. sleep shed., but am allergic to all night meds so far. ive tried melatonin in the past, no go, but maybe  i had the  wrong dosage??

i have had imsomnia since a kid; sometimes better, sometimes worse. been thru the sleep apnea tests, phychiatrist, etc. dx.. with hyper vigalance; a veryyyyy long story. my body is now "set" for drugs at 5am. i can take the pain meds bf; but don't sleep till 5 am, unless sick.. weird, and i WANNA change it. i feel like im losing out on so much life this way... {{{{sigh}}}}  i actually forced  myself up early this morning, and the day before, and am bushed, so i hope  i can sleep early(er) tonight...     3jays

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,250
    Options

::: tapping my foot ::: Are you kids still awake in here? 

Judith

• 3jaysmom
    Options

hey Judith, hglad to know youre "on the job"..hahaha3jays

• 3jaysmom
    Options

hey nancy, i don't think we've met yet... good to "see " you.. i keep popping in and out tonight, catching up with my other threads...

im drinking water here, IRL; but its' a drink, still...

hope someone else will be here soon, to play. i'll be back...      3jays

• hdangelbaby
    Options

still up here! although tonight i admit i am actually tired!! we will see how long it lasts!

• 3jaysmom
    Options

i also drink coffeee. lots, but never at night, well, not this late.. i took reg. coffee down to 1/2 coffeee, 1/2 decaf (maxwell house) and about 7 mos ago, to decaf which still has a little cafeeine in it. then, when migraines hit; straight caffenated. it helps dialate the brain... hey hdAngel.. gonna hit the sack to read a little, in a littlChrissyB?