Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

you're right, chicken sit is hard. Try is 3 times! 

Had maybe my last fill this morning, went to lunch then watched "Saving mr. Banks". Good movie, it's amazing that Mary Poppins got made at all. Going to have to rent, haven't seen it since I was a kid. Found something interesting today. We don't know if I'm filled to 450 or 500cc right now. Turns out I was told I started with 100 but the paperwork says I started with 50. So next week I have to decide if I like the way I am now or get another 50, which will make me 500 or 550. Sceesh, I hate having to decide this stuff. Tonight it's feeling tight for the first time.maybe I'll play it by ear or boob as the case may be.

My grandson is using pot for nerve pain, he has CNPS, apparently they can take the "high" part out. In CA its medical only. I think his doc thinks he's just getting high and won't sign his disability paperwork anymore.  

I think I'll get DH to fix dinner tonight. I hope everyone has a good 2014. I'm not sorry to see 2013 go.  

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575

Wishing everyone a Blessed and Peaceful New Year.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

JULIa Hellooooooooooooand happy New Year too. Missed you too. Hope all your old folks are doing okay :)

Smarrty, hard choices. Just have him put it in writing on the CONSENT. Large like mine end up fluffing and dropping to saggy baggy, and heavy. I may considered a reduction cuz 850cc just are ugly. DBF loves them, but they seriously look old an droopy in clothes when I see myself in a window. I remember when I was filled to 500cc, I thought they were perfect. Can't remember did you consult with Whippetmom? The higher fills ---fills it out at the lower end mammary fold and to the side. That's where they look saggy baggy to me. You aren't even considering where I'm at so effectively, what I'm doing is just blowing off steam about how I dislike mine. I'd just delete this, but maybe someone lurking that wants the 800- to 850cc may reconsider.

• sas-schatzi

Teka what's the count to a better New Year-------for everyone :)

• sas-schatzi

Smarrty, CNPS if it is Chronic nerve pain syndrome which used to be called RSD Reflexive sympathetic Dystrophy. That's a nasty syndrome.  The old movie the last one that_________(blank---she was in Miracle on 34th street, Gypsy, married Richard Wagner twice, died by falling off a boat).  SPLAT need to remember the point......................Ah, they had a helmet that the doc could put on, and they'd feel your pain. If that ever happens, we won't have this garbage of doc's and other practioners denying a solution. But that's allot why I'd rather live at a higher pain level then be treated the way in to many cases, that patients are treated. Whew way to heavy for this special time.

MAY THE NEW YEAR BRING BETTER SOLUTIONS FOR EVERYONE. :)

• sas-schatzi

Bless you all, going to go to dear neighbors behind me to bring in the new year. You all are very special people. Thank you for being in my life, you bring joy to each day L&H&P's sheila

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Sassy - I have a bit of ADHD or something. Memory is shot. Example - we were going to trade my car in and I got it washed. Well, it misted, froze and car looked like c**p again. Oh, thought DH is going to be pi$$ed. But we had already decided not to trade it 2 days b4 that. How the mind gets on something and will not let it go. I did fall into a coffee table in 1st grade. I remember waking up in DM's bed but heck nobody did anything in those days unless you were near death. Knock on wood I've never been in an ER, DH only for a kidney stone and DD never.

No, not drug testing but more worried about group we were with and possession. This is Texas and I'm NOT Willie Nelson. Could just see me getting kicked out of nursing school.

Dinner - we had hamburgers and french fries and I made DH help make the burgers. Tomorrow is black eyed peas and what I find in the freezer. Oh and cornbread.

Smaarty - I haven't been to the movies in years but I want to see Saving Mr. Banks. Mary Poppins was just on one of the Disney channels. The animated parts bore me to tears. But my favorite is "Come Feed the Birds" and I found it on YouTube.

Sassy - You're trying to think of Natalie Wood.

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Smaarty, just posted the quote you posted for me on my FB page. I can't figure out how to save it to my phone yet. Know I'll be thinking of you every time I see it. Thank you!

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324

wishing everyone a Happy Healthy New Hear.  It's almost here!!!!

Cindy 

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Owlettes...interesting read, entertainment today, I figured it would be, smoking a little hooch with Willie & Chevy & Paula...woo Nelly, it has been a ride..

Smaarty, do rent Mary Poppins, I watched it 100 times with my kids, did get tired of it, but the music brings ya back to childhood

Jazzy, love the photo, I hope I can "write a good one", it will be better than this year...

To all......Thank-you for being there, unconditionally....through the shit & the shine....

Happy...Happy New Year.....2014.....YEEHA 

• 2nd_time_around

Happy New Year 2014 to the East Coast Ladies!

We still have 3 hours to go...

Edited to add:

.. but the fire crackers are going off now in my neighborhood! Someone must be watching the Times Square celebration.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

Happy New Year Owlettes!  May 2014 be kind to you all!

• 4sewwhat

Yes but you have nips!

• 4sewwhat

I figured that is what you were referring to and not nipping at the booze Loopy

I don't have them anymore. At least nobody knows when I'm cold!

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

night Teka..

Hoping you are healing 4 sew what...

• 4sewwhat

Feels like they played a rugby match in my chest, but it's all good. Haven't needed any pain pills. Don't like pain pills :0(

Climbing in bed. Not supposed to sleep on my sides. Back only. Can't get comfy that way. This too shall pass!   quickly!

Nitey nite!

• 2nd_time_around

Not good, 4sewwhat.... try to get some sleep

• 2nd_time_around

Still awake here, only 10:15 on the west coast (and all is quiet, at least for now, in my neighborhood, they've already starting shooting off firecrackers)

• grammaB
    grammaB Member Posts: 1,118

Happy New Year Owlettes!!  

35 more minutes here and the fireworks are already going off here too!

Going to drink a glass of champagne at midnight and then watch The New York Philharmonic Gala With Yo-Yo Ma on PBS.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 942

2nd_time, it's 1:22 am here. I'm still awake. We thought DH was getting off at midnight, but he called at 12:20 and said, he's working until 2 am. I already had his food started. Just turned it off. I'll reheat it before he gets here.

I went to church tonight. We had some special singers, some scripture, a few laughs, and a potluck supper. I was home by 10:30.

Happy New Year

Paula

• 2nd_time_around

Hi Paula, sounds like you had a fun day surrounded by loving people. Sorry your DH will be running late, you can always set one clock back to 11:58 pm for your midnight kiss!

Happy New Year to you and anyone still awake at this hour!

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

SAS-did talk to WM, she was rec 600-650 but I'm not going to be that big.  I'll see how these feel over the next couple of days. 

You gals back east are probably in bed, but HAPPY NEW YEAR!  

4sewwhat- do you have a recliner? That's what I use for about 3 weeks until I can get back on my side. Hope you feel better. 

My New Years resolution is to read more. I have over 700 books on my iPad but probably only have read half of them. Got to get busy. 

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

A little after 11 pm here in Cali, but we're done with New Years (except for the idiot neighbors who always set off firecrackers at midnight.)

Watched the ball drop in Times Square at 9 pm on CNN, toasted each other with banana-almond smoothies, and watched "Despicable Me 2".... Cute!

Now for a boatload of drugs, and beddy-bye!

Happy New Year to all the fabulous Owlettes out there!!!!!!!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 942

DH is on his way home. I taped the Ball dropping in Times Square. So he can watch it and give me my New Years kiss when he gets here.

Paula

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378

HAPPY NEW YEAR OWLETTES

• 2nd_time_around

happy New Year Owlettes! Wishing you all a very wonderful 2014!

Cool Paula, midnight at any time!

Thanks mostlymom, very cute!

• sas-schatzi

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWLETESS.........  back from neighborly  visitation.  I imbibed a we bit. BUT BUT have been sooo out of connection with the sauce... UGH....... Water..........

Little goats------ oh my----Your words "How the mind gets on something and will not let it go". What dear counselor describes to and for me is a characteristic of ADD/ADHD.  We get so focused on something to the EXCLUSION  of everything else. Also, if something doesn't interest us, we ignore it to the extreme.

I was trying to go for a different discussion last visit, but we got on the three recent falls. All were dog related , but different reasons. All were logical falls , until he keyed in. I'm distractable. Then we talked of other falls.  Exclude the plain accidents and the friggen weak ankle. BUT then we talked of the fall off the bow window, thankfully onto the bed. I was so concentrated on the decorating, I walked off into space.  Then the time when on the counter with DH & DS below and I was decorating the Knee Wall. I caught myself stepping into air. It was one of those OMG, I almost did that thingy's. I have never tried it again----I direct. But it was after that that I walked off the bow wall into thin air and landed on the bed. I also, don't do the bow windows any more.

What dear counselor describes as nurses, ADD/ADHD can be a benefit. This I already knew b/c there had been publications about not ADD/ADHD, and multitasking, but it was nice to hear from him. As nurses before the word multitasking was coined, we always had to handle so much. Nurses in a hospital setting are like ping pong balls. Everyone wanted a piece of us. Right now!.

One minute you were saving a life, the next contact someone was complaining about their water. Yet you couldn't say , I F***king just ran a cardiac arrest b/c the doc "hit the wall" and couldn't run it. AND I got a pulse back that statistically was less than 1%. That's a real story. I had to smile and say "so sorry , I will fix that". Yeah and then my boss wanted to bitch me out. I'd been ACLS certified since 1979. She just took her first course in 2007 and thought she knew it all on one course. She was clueless, but was her typical power hungry analpore belief in herself.

Whoa Nellie, methinks I'm going through a hx thingy.  Why now?

I have described in the past that stress is like a jelly sandwich. That the more you press on the top of the sandwich the jelly squishes out the sides. And that only so much jelly squishes out, then the sandwich is pressed dry. Once dry what is left?

gotta pee TMI , but reality

• sas-schatzi

Ah Insomniacs thread the place to be , when no one else is up. In the old days, I would just talk to myself. So I will. That last missive, let out allot of anger. May have not seemed so, but I still hate that boss. I seldom use the words "hate and evil". They are words that have connotations that are so strong, that they are scary. At least for me. There have been people in my past life that have been evil. Right now, I'm happy to say that I feel nothing evil around me. I feel protected, I may be completely naïve, but such a relaxed feeling.

I do need to work on forgiveness.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

Happy New Years dear friends.  It's 12:30 here (maybe a little later)...  :)  No fireworks in my neighborhood - it's illegal here, and apparently we have very law abiding neighbors.  In our old house hubby and I used to lay in bed and watch all the fireworks playing out across the valley - something to miss now.  S'OK, though for everything that's old and gone, we have a new memory.  

My New Year's resolution is to make any grouch I come across smile.  At least once.  :)  Bring a little merry into the new year.  :)

Hope I get to meet a few of you lovely ladies this year.  We are continuing our search for a truck camper, and in fact are leaving on Thursday to look at a couple of them in Oregon.  If either work out, we will continue on south for awhile before returning home to Washington.

• sas-schatzi

Mostlymom what a hoot. Such a great owl. When we decided to become Owlettes. I looked over several hundred owl pics. The pic in the topic header is yours from pages ago. But this new pic is even better. It's saying to me "WTF and I question you" . I'll work on getting it in the header.  Love to see you here, come and visit more often :)

Gumby Hello missed you , Thanks for coming by, hope you come to visit more often :)