Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Even though I'm not a 'Noles fan, they better win!!!!

GO DAWGS 

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Goodness so much happening with everyone!

Chevy, I hate teeth coming out. My horror stories would keep anyone from doing the things I did. Hope you feel better.

Blessings, Spine problems suck, all pain sucks. Good luck with treatments. One thought though. If you choose to do acupuncture alone. Give myofascial release the same try alone. Then try both together--------if insurance allows. I agree doing one at a time tells you which one works better. BUT The unknown then will be ----What would the response be if they were done together?

Nicky such a sweet story, but I'll also go with the sweet little fairy. I think most of us here picture Tinkerbell when we think Fairies.

Tooth fairy story: DS BD is Oct 27th. For his 8th BD we took a carload of boys to an outside Halloween scarey thing. One of the boys dropped a tooth in the COQUINA shale path. Fine coquina looks like little baby teeth. Thousands--millions. Two cops, several parents, kids--all on our knees looking for a baby tooth in this white shale. Finally, I asked the kid what would happen if we didn't find it. He says "My Mom says the Tooth Fairy comes anyway"  Everyone looked at each other, that knowing parent look. Okay, were done.

Spookie---pooper bad sx's times two--------??????

Enerva---sorry for all your trouble. Wish we could flip.

Love to all I missed  Smarrty, Gramma, Littlegoats, Cami, Badger ---Games on----There playing Auburn.  Is that in Georgia?

Games on ESPN and @ Rose Bowl.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Alyson, Sorry for your family's pain. I was surprised how hard it was when I lost one very very early, while I was just getting used to the idea. It was between the two we have.

We've joined a cooperative that arranges low cost funerals and cremations. I wanted my ashes scattered at my favorite campsite, but we're all too old to hike up there now so my second choice is the arboretum. I don't want to be anywhere people feel they should visit. No service either. Perhaps a small party.

I'm getting sent back to physical therapy for my back pain. I sure hope it helps because she doesn't want me to take the muscle relaxer which has been the most help. I saw the PCP last Mon and it has hurt constantly ever since. I'm alternating tylenol and ibuprofen and sitting with a pillow. Have a massage scheduled for Wed.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Sassy - in Auburn, Alabama. Evidently has it's own city. Lower 1/3 of state on Georgia side between Montgomery, AL and Columbus, GA though I don't think a straight line.

• sas-schatzi

LMG THanks, --games in Auburns favor 14:3   Whooooooo DS I know isn't happy.

• sas-schatzi

This isn't good, Auburn made another touchdown, poop and the extra point.

Chevyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, you're GS's aren't happy tight now either I'm guessing?

• sas-schatzi

Touchdown, waiting for the afterpoint...............it's good......... 21 Auburn, Florida State 10,     1:28 to half

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Sas. Huh?????

BoooooooAuburn

• sas-schatzi

FSU just got a touchdown and afterpoint. Not in favor of Auburn. Just figured I should put the score.

Halftime.

halftime trivia:The trophy was made by Waterford. In 2008 a recruit taking the tour at FSU bumped it with his elbow OOPS. 35,000 $. In 2012 Alabama had there's on display and someone tripped on a rug and the trophy fell and shattered. 30,000. Sheesh. DS went there for 7 years and I never knew the mascot was the Indian and the Horse. Nice horse.

• sas-schatzi

FSU touchdown, run back from the other endzone. Went for the win instead of the safe thing to do with a fare catch YAY>>>>>.

• sas-schatzi

Chit---------auburn tdandextra point.......FSU has to get aTD in 1;19

• sas-schatzi

TOUCHDOWN FSU--------OFFSIDES FSUAT EXTRA POINT. ---RETRY DONE.

13 SECONDS LEFT.

• sas-schatzi

AMAZING, AMAZING, WHAT FUN--GREAT GAME. HOOT,HOOT,HOOT,ALREADY CALLED DS , HAPPPPY. CHEVYAND DGS'S AND SPOOKIE YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667

Loved reading your play-by-play report of the game Sas.  You're too funny!

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Sas, new career oppurtunity ? Internet broadcasting...that was a huge game....

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 942

Sheer Nightgown

A husband walks into Victoria 's Secret to purchase a sheer negligee for his wife. He is shown several possibilities that range from $250 to $500 in price -- the more sheer, the higher the price. Naturally, he opts for the most sheer item, pays the $500, and takes it home. He presents it to his wife and asks her to go upstairs, put it on, and model it for him.

Upstairs the wife thinks (she's no dummy), 'I have an idea. It's so sheer that it might as well be nothing. I won't put it on, but I'll do the modeling naked, return it tomorrow, and keep the $500 refund for myself.'

She appears naked on the balcony and strikes a pose.

The husband says, 'Good Grief! You'd think for $500, they'd at least iron it!'

He never heard the shot.

Funeral on Thursday at Noon. Closed casket.

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117

I lov all my hooligans banter, and pics just cracks me up!!!! We all need laughter none of us even ones without BC won't get out of this life alive. It's what u make of it... We can't change what has happened to us. All we can do is take a deep breath and keep fighting for what is important in life. I am 34 and have a lot to still learn about life. I just pray every night that I get to see my son Austin launch and dance at his wedding... He is only 21 months so I have a long way to go but I will fight with every breath!! I thank u ladies sorry I get down or vent but that's why we are here right together through thick and thin.... Bring on the jokes and laughter I sure as hell need them!!

Well last chemo tomorrow really excited but nervous like I said a hundred times... Weird but feels like a safety net??

ChickaD I'm in your pocket for scans and chemo... Your still on the Herceptin right?? Did they add??

Di sorry about the frustration with all the surgery so many women it takes a few tries to get it right... I just had my bilateral reconstruction with lat flap to the right and simple mx to the left with expanders placed on both sides.

Shells, Di, 4 and anyone else .... Does it hurt when they fill the expanders?? Obviously tight and stretching but does it hurt?? Do they ever have to go back in and take out cc's because do too much tightness?? What sass just check for blanching on lat flap side??

Mary update?? Hugs xoxoox

Julianna I would lov to meet please for dinner or coffee or anything.... Chevy could u come too???

Hugs Sass miss ya still healing.... Painful but I did it!!! Hugs

Hugs,

SweetPea xoxoxo

Dx 12/14/2012, DCIS, 2cm, Stage IIa, 1/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

• sas-schatzi

Too funny guys, I'm not a football fan, but maybe next year will change it. The quarterback Winston is a freshman, won the Heisman, It was his birthday today. I do like a good game of anything. Still hyped. Poor DBF feel asleep, When freshman Whitfield ran back the 100 yard return punt. My arms were flailing, kind of caught him close to the jewels. He woke up real quick. AND What about the last pass over the top of everyone. The guy catching it, if I have it correct is 6'5. Six foot five and he flew into the air, picked it right out like a hawk.  Serious though if you didn't see it..........try and see a dvd of it.

• sas-schatzi

Soteriaaaaaaa, ROTFLMAO

• NickyJ
    NickyJ Member Posts: 372

loved the play by play of the match - but I didn't understand a word of it!!!!

It's 7.40am, I actually slept until 5.30 - went to bed at midnight. Woohoo!!! Proper sleep!

Today I have my herceptin and I need to see my onco about my knee. There's a big debate about whether or not I can use crutches without damaging my back further. Wish they'd make up their minds!! I'll be back later, hopefully with some news

Nicky

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

hi Stacy, I'm going for my last fill tomorrow. I get 50cc each time. I see where some get more. I have been able to do it once a week without much trouble. When they tell you it's a pinch, its true. I was really scared the first time. I got my flu shot right after and it was the same pinch. Hope that gives you an idea. I have been told that most women will be numb as they get fuller. My didn't. On the 6th fill it did hurt more so he gave me a prescription with ladicain cream. Works great. I've had some pulling in the upper part of the muscle but it only last for a day or so and Motrin helps.

Hope this helps.

Sue

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930

Hey all you hoollies hanging out over here - keep on having fun but get your cute little asses over  to STFU and say hello once in awhile for cripe's sake!  Did you start this, Sassy? I'm gonna spank your little butt!! Now come say hallo.

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Trying like mad to catch up, getting further behind!

Chevy, love your cartoons! Thanks for the laughs. Sorry about the tooth.

Alyson, sorry about the loss to your family. Hoping that time helps heal.

Sassy, so sorry about your DBF, he's lucky to have you.

Nicky, love the tooth mouse story.

Blessings, hope you're feeling better really soon.

Soteria, you are soooo funny! 

Smaarty, woo-hoo, good for you! My PS gave me the lidocaine cream (Emla)  but she said she had a stronger strength in her office so that's what they used in the office, tiny pinch, bit of pressure. Then,at home, muscle relaxers (Flexeril) and heating pad on my back and other neves/muscles were affected. 

Sweet pea, I was determined to be here for my kids too. The younger one wasn't yet 3 yo at time of 1st umx, she will be 20 in a couple weeks. You'll be here for your grand kids!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938

Mornin' Glories!  Just enough time for a drive-thru post.

Usually not on the boards Mon & Tues as those are DH's days off. 

It's so freakin' cold here I cannot believe those idiotic football players in their short sleeves Sunday.

Stay safe & warm, everyone!  L&H&P's to all.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Ah Geez you guys!  Thank God you posted the game, LIVE for us SASS!  DD called me last night, whilst I was going to bed, and was emphatically yelling for me to turn the game on!  I said WHAT game????  Wrong thing to ask..

So then I listen to "These are your Grand-sons, and they GRADUATED from Florida State, and you have to WATCH their GAME!!!"

And blah, blah, BLAH!  I said, "Okay honey, I KNEW it was on!"  And I went back to sleep!  Damn kid!!!   So I get up, and see they WON!  And then I come HERE, and you are giving the play by play!   NOW I can again TALK to her, and act like I know what I am talking about!    Like I know all about this chit! 

I know Nascar!  I can give you the stats of almost every driver.... his age, what he drinks, and where he is from!  But don't ask me about Football!   I don't care if they are Florida State, or the Bronco's!    So I can now talk to her, and pretend I know exactly EVERY play, and who did it! 

I have enough to worry about with the CHICKENS! 

My tooth.... or I should say my X, is much better...Winking  It just hurt when I would open my mouth...  much to DH's delight!    See, the wind would whistle in, and softly whisper on that tooth, and it KILLED me!   But I'm much better now.... thanks...

• Chevyboy

This is me.... doing my stretching exercises....

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Good Morning--Badger we're having about the same weather whoa it's oddly horrible right now. But it is winter, but this is Chevy type of weather.

I had my first call at 5"30 this morning--Furnace problems what else, except I was up but u know I'm going back to sleep soon. I hope the phones are quiet today, My eyes are crossing, so I'm sure my emails are all screwed up as usual. I'm so effin tired all the time. Oh well. it'll pass.

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969

Stacey- good luck with your last chemo treatment. I know exactly what you are saying too. When I was going through the most intense part of treatment, I was at the doctors office all the time. I was around the care of my medical team who made me feel very well cared for. Then that started to slip off around March and I would see the doctors a lot less. Part of me was glad to be done with it. Part of me felt like I was loosing part of my core support system. That safety net feeling!

I found that once I came off the core treatment to be one of the hardest parts of this. The medical team sort of evaporates, some of your friends back off, etc. And no one really talks about this transition either. But we will be here with you as you make that transition!

• Chevyboy

Oh?  This AIN'T my weather honey!  Don't go sayin' that!   I just don't like to be cold!  Not no-where ON me!   I had a jacket on over my sweat-shirt, and holding one of those heatinthemicrowavethings and had it on my jaw last night!  

But I survived, and this morning I am much better... thank you.

Yes, Jazzy, we are the Transitioners!  That's what we are...  Just go through all the treatments, and hang with us...  We'll take your mind off of ANYthing...  You don't need Doctors after awhile... just friends.

• sas-schatzi

GOOD MORNING OWLETTES HOOT HOOT

Shells, so funny, I'll have DBF do it for you, Remember Amy on BBT when Sheldon decided she needed to be punished and he spanked her LOLOLOL.

Sweet pea(Stacey) so glad to see you, Been wondering about you. I found out inadvertently that about ten days between fills at no more than 50cc was perfect. Was having pain at 7 day fills, then decided to delay it b/c of discomfort. Worked like a charm. I would premed with 5 oxy. I won't take NSAIDS or Tylenol b/c of liver fears. Maybe I should be as afraid of oxy as those, but I'm not at this point.  Remember twin is on liver transplant list. My fears about drugs are different than others.

Yes, Sweet Pea your right,  blanching is a bad sign, but can expect some the first few days. They prefer none, but if some is present, watch it close and let PS know right away if they are unaware. I'll send you a link on wound care and evaluation. Not my thread, but I did allot of work on it.

Nicky, sorry you are having so much problems. When you told us about your knee, I thought only here would we be happy it was a fracture. Non-BC folks just don't get that.

Chevy, google the game, there are all kinds of instant replays. You can catch the highpoints. I knew your DGS's would be excited. forgot about DD LOL. RE: tooth, do some range of motion--that means open/close mouth and some circular motion with jaw----I didn't when I had 4 wisdom teeth out at once as a 19y/o. Jaw froze. Don't talk allot, don't smoke(sorry no pot), don't suck on straws.