Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Options

Comments

• Thatgirl
    Thatgirl Member Posts: 34
    Options

Who's going on a vacation this summer?

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Options

Marybe is having a reunion; the 1st one at her uncles cabin at Shell Knob Lake, in Mo. the last wk of sept. 4-5-6- gals going so far. we're just getting it together. no DH's just us gals.. for as many days as we can, its not too structured.. same group that met at obx last year, and Chrissy B. is coming all the way from Aust... so, everyone is invited! anybody? wanna come Thatgirl?  doesn't say where youre from.. im in Fla., but im trying to make it. Barb A from Fla., amy jo from NC... and im not sure who else yet.. let me know, or marybe, or amyjo.. it looks to be a great time!!!      3jays

• 3jaysmom
    Options

ive answered almost EVERY thread, and im tucking it in with a good book for awhile. i may even get SOME sleep; i never know if, and when i'll be up again!  night...   3jays

• 3jaysmom
    Options
    ahh...don't we wish!!!   3jays
  • GramE
    GramE Member Posts: 2,234
    Options

Adding this to my favorites.   Good morning or night, whatever....    Anyone still up?   Another Nancy

• StaceyLynn
    StaceyLynn Member Posts: 11
    Options

I'm awake, but need to go to sleep. I have a dentist appt in a few hours.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    Options

Looks as if Granny will have to keep the chicks company though some of you in the east will be getting up on Tuesday morning which is funny cause its time for bed on Tuesday night here.

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439
    Options

Alyson, I often think that we get the best of the day as we get it first! It's young and fresh for us but used up and tired for most of the rest of the world.

Sheila.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    Options

3jays - I am taking 10mg timed release Melatonin.  I take it about 45 minutes before I go to bed and still need about an hour after that before I really get to sleep.  This is the third night and it is working great.  I tried the lower doses without the timed release and it did not work.  I really think I am on to something here with the timed release.  It is supposed to not only help you get to sleep but help you stay asleep.  Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

• 3jaysmom
    Options

do you get it at the health food store, or where? im gonna try to find it and try it..  thanks for the info...   3jays

• jo1955
    Options

3jays - I got it at Wal Mart of all places in the vitamim section.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    Options

I actually slept last night..only awake for a few minutes at 4am....might not have slept through breasc cancer but I aure as heck am tired on the heart attack journey...think it is the blood pressure meds actually that they have given me to slow my heart beat down...hope it does not takeme much longer to adjust to it...it is 5pm my time and I am ready for my jammies..and it is a beautiful, and I mean beautiful, bright sun-shiney day outside!!! Hope you all eventually got some sleep...everything I am reading says we need 7-8 hours for breast and heart health so....we need sleep.

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    Options

Ok i hit refresh and made sure I was on the last page of this thread....has anyone heard from Sas?

• jo1955
    Options

I haven't heard from SAS.  Where is she?  I have not been on here in the "wee" hours for the past three nights and there have been too many pages to catch up on.  Amazingly, I have been sleeping.

• christine47
    christine47 Member Posts: 846
    Options

sounds like a crazy fun group of girls on this thread.  I slept most of the day and now am worried I will be awake all night.  I am 4 days post TAC, and just kept myself drugged and sleeping all day(vicodin for neulasta pain).  Just took an ambien and a bath, nothing on TV.  Prior to BC I could go to bed at 9-10 and sleep all night, those where the days.  Wish I had the energy to get up and do something (clean, laundry), rather than spending the night worring about sleep.  Fortunately I do not have to go to work my chemo weeks. 

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    Options

well i took zopliclone 1 hour or more ago..hoping to be asleep by 1- and here t is 11:18 and wired....not a good thing....maybe i should add melatonin to my mix likw my Gp recommended

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

i'm HERE---I got several where are you PM's thought I better get the wine out and get my chickenbutt back here. !!!!!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

whats zopliclone

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Had a couple days of sleep I think, may have been shorter. Ready for some laughs.

Bummed the other night by the "controversy", said I was going to punch someone which i have sine edited out. Thought I needed a little cooling off time.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

There is a pause so i will talk with the chickens. OMG --you have taken on a life of you own. who ever thought you all were so funny. Ah you just been misunerstood. WEll you certainly are getting attention now. Good clucking     So what do you find the funniest about this? ... The chickens with boobs......Whys that?.... Ah they were always called breasts, but no one really took you serious..... Well I guess that makes sense.

What do you think of our HEN HOUSE?

• jo1955
    Options

Maybe everyone is sleeping?  I am headed that way in about 30 minutes.  Thank you Melatonin.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    Options

SAS...Do you have talking chickens?Wink

Jo...Im not sleeping. Just watched a taped show.

• sagina
    Options

Hi Sas! Glad to hear from you!!!  I wanna laugh, let's have it!  How about my new facebook post:

"I've entered the "Posied" part of my life, if you're not laughing out loud, I'm not telling!"

Is this another unfortunate chemo side effect or a chemopause side effect?

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Hiiii I just talk to the chickens when no else is here----amuses me

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Sagina ___________posied?

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Everything can be blamed on chemo, anesthesia and all our life saving drugs --tamox arimidex, aromasin femara etc

• sagina
    Options

Ok I'll tell, incontinence....oh boy that was embarrassing! LOL NOT! Like anything after cancer is embarrassing?!  hehehe

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Oh that ---well all the different things coming out of all the orifices? whoever talks about that stuff.

• apple
    apple Member Posts: 1,466
    Options

i have a girlie to tuck into bed.. she has insomnia

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Sagina with you, just had it happen yesterday -----surprise. Uggh