Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Options

Comments

• Ang7
    Ang7 Member Posts: 568
    Options

Hey Valgal~

Just changed the laundry...

Gonna try to get some sleep.

Hope you can get some rest if you need to.Smile

• valgal
    valgal Member Posts: 187
    Options

Are you always doing laundry?? Can't you delegate that to someone in your house TEHE. I'm still using the I shouldn't really lift alot excuse. I should go to bed.

• valgal
    Options

I guess I'm ditching .. nobody here but us chickens. Good night gals!

• Ang7
    Ang7 Member Posts: 568
    Options

I am the only one in the house that I trust with the laundry...

Too many "everything is pink" loads.

Goodnight...

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,257
    Options

*waving* to my fellow night owls. Or is that night chickens?

Judith

• Mazy1959
    Mazy1959 Member Posts: 254
    Options

cluck cluck LOL

• Latte
    Latte Member Posts: 141
    Options

it's morning time here :-)  finally found people who are online when i am!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    Options

It's evening here. Must do some work tonight as I have a report for a committee to get in by tomorrow. Been a bit distracted today. Have been sent for a scan tomorrow, onc doesn't like swelling on chest wall!!!! Will check in later and see which chooks are awake.

• Hello ladies,  Just stopping by to say hello.  I went to bed too early last night....10 and that is early for me, but I came home from work tired and lasted til then cuz I knew if I went to bed at 7, I would be up again at midnight....as it was I did not wake up til 4 so I have walked the dog, done some sorting of papers that always pile up on the DR table and got on here to see if anyone is up.  I have to be at the hospital at 7 for my bone scan injection.  Guess you and I will both be on the table today, Alyson....I  hope they are just being cautious with you and it is nothing. 

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997
    Options

Oh my gosh, I just found you all and already it is page 29!  

I will be around from time to time. 

Ginger

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

It's 7am. welcome ginger. The problem with our insimnia is it hits us at different times. Alyson -good luck again

Marybe you to, you're probably at the hospital already

valgal- anj and judith missed you all, but i think i got near 3-4 hours connected sleep Yes with a little help from Ativan. Going to see if anyone else is up , but they don't start stirring until around 8 am.

All have good outcomes today. blessings for sleep. sas

• valgal
    Options

Hi girls,

Just a quick post about the DH insanity. Now he's mad at me because he wanted to go on  job interview in some small town in South Dakota. I said just go and we'll take it from there but then he canceled it and now he's pouting and or planning a drinking binge saying he'd go if it weren't for me. He would have to sell the house and move within a month with or without me and my cancer, WTF. I can't stand the person I was so happy to marry 4 years ago. Talk about putting the cart before the horse. Depending on whats going on around here I may or may not be online later. I'm just tired of feeling bad all the time emotionally and physically.

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    Options

Gina was here....see you all tonight

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    Options

Valgal- he is making his own choices...you said go check it out..if he chooses not to and blames you...NOT your fault my dear...really! don't waste your energy on it if you don' t have to...I know...easier said than done...but healing takes energy too so remember YOU are worthy of the energy.

alyson- how did today go? I go see my oncologist tomorrow am and I refuse to think about it tonight excep tomention it here...out of my hands so....no point in wasting my time on it. I will be open to what he has to say...not adding anything to my pill regime until the ge the BP leveled out....feel like last night's warmed up supper

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Sandee---BP problems we should talk. see you tonight

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412
    Options
    i'm pretty sure i will be on tonight too!Laughing
  • Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    Options

Going to try and sleep tonight but ladies, if I can't...I will join you!

Sas- the heart meds they have put me on has my blood pressure at 100/70...seriously....I know I am hyperactive....should not multitask...but now I can barely unitask!....feel jetlagged ALL day long.....not a good feeling....not sure how this is supposed ot help my heart heal but also not sure how I can exercize to strengthen the heart if I am almost comatose! Will check with oncologist tomorrow when they take my Bp and will call my GP tomorrow...

• valgal
    Options

OMG I just typed everyone a note and LOST IT all. So here's the short version.

Howdy Everyone! I see some new folks joined us welcome.

Bonnie you have the same name as my sister! (Bonita) We don't know where my English born Mom came up with that one but we always called her Bonnie.

Angel how do you like living in such an isolated area? Is the local pub your refuge? I'm sure I would be like that in a small town. BUT if my DH got the job he was going for (town administrator) I would have to closet drink and that gets lonely. LOL I'd be the gossip of the town probably.

Hi to SAS and Gina and all of our new friends - I may have to go undercover tonight so I don't know if i'll be up too late - hopefully i'll be on later.

• valgal
    Options

Sandee I hope you will TRY to take it easy until you feel adjusted to these meds. I know you're hyper but just take a deep breath and get a good book and relax. Deep breathing would be good. You'll probably feel wierd until everything gets regulated. p.S. thanks for the good vibes on the Dh problems. What a baby!!!

• valgal
    Options

Does everyone know that our little Tinkerbell is having some hard times with her family? Sending cyber hugs to her and her family from all of us here(((((()))))).

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998
    Options

VALGAL...Thank you so much!!!! you are awesome!!! hugs back to you! 

Hi Sandee... hugs to you too!!!!!

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412
    Options

valgal,

yeah  sometimes i feel isolated. especially cause of my age. all my friends work full time, have young kids and families of their own, so after the shock of all this, they mostly kinda went away.. now, i do find refuge at the little bar here in my town. those people have continually brought us dinners, sent home a little mini bottle of wine with a note to feel better and everyone signed it, and they continue to check on me. when chemo was done, it wasn't my friends from my work that threw me a party, it was my bar friends that did.

so, i start rads in a couple weeks, then i will be going back to work after that. kinda ready to kinda not. my husband and I work at the same place. and i keep hearing horror stories about the place! ugh!!! when i go back i vow not to get myself as worked up as i did before!!!!!!

sending tink some huge cyber hugs!!!! we all need a good shoulder to cry on or vent to. cause we all know everything is never always perfect!!!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Hey It's time ladies ---we are here and should do something to make us laugh . I'm Irish that means telling stories. Something that made yourself laugh.

I'll start---i'm a nurse , we had to carry cell phones. It was one of those days that it seemed like a phone call every few minutes. After the upteenth, I put the phone in my pocket. Put my stethoscope to my patients heart and said this is sas can I help you. Thank god it was an alzheimers patient.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Hey I don't want to talk to the chickens tonite. Maybe I' ll talk to the dog, but then she thinks it always means we're going for a run. Thats a hoot in itself. I go to this isolated dirt road and hold the leash out the window drive on the wrong side of the road and run her. From 5 -20 miles an hour average 10-12 mph- she loves it.  She's 68 lbs,  keeps her very trim. She's all muscle. But Iwatch everything like a hawk for the rare occassion she breaks towards the car. She's learned she does that we stop and no more running that day.

There was a dead gator the other day that someone took the head and tail ----iilegal.. about 30+ vultures. She was defininitely put in the car when I saw that commotion coming.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Sandee- bp definitely to low--get a monitor--reli-on from Walmart is consumer reports best buy at 40$ and has omron innardsas near as I know.  Keep a daily record for doc. Gets a better response when they see the numbers. Believe it or not the American heart  Assoc wants the systolic between 110-<120. Problem with that is it's hard not to overshoot and get it too low. Plus a lot of herbals and our chemo drugs affect bp meds. Run a drug checker on Epocrates.com. good site ---not my favorite. But my fav is very technical, But will share it with anyone interested. Saved my life.

• sagina
    Options

Hello everyone!  Ok funny story, let's see there are so many of them....the company I work for had a little office in Austin, and then our main one in San Antonio.  The guy from Austin calls and says he is out of paper can we order him some? The receptionist tells him, how 'bout I just fax you some?

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Gina he he he love it.

• sagina
    Options

and she was serious!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

another to many cell phone calls in the hospital . Our diabetic monitor had the shape and feel of a cellphone. I put my cell phone in my pocket and then started to dial out on the diabetic monitor----too much phoning going on

• sas-schatzi
    Options

One last cellphone, I called another nurse and forgot I was holding her phone answered the phone from my other pocket and said hello to myself