Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Options

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

Apple staying or going ---love the new avatar, but thats your 2nd in a week----and I can't even do one

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    Options

I'm guessing by the above mentioned, the hair on my chinny chin chin, the peachfuzz on my face, and the sudden inability to control my emotions that I've safely arrived at Chemopause!

• sagina
    Options

Sas, how do you like my "Chemo Chicken" pic?  That's what the nurses sent me home with after my last date with the chemo chair.  Thought you might enjoy a different kind of chicken!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Sagina--that was something I was not prepare for was the facial hair----regular at waxing and tweesing now.

• sagina
    Options

Ironic isn't it, it ALL goes away with chemo, then comes back on places we wish it would stay away!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Sagina----did they make the chicken for you and was it based on the thread?

• sagina
    Options

They did make me the chicken, a medical glove blown up and decorated attached to a specimen cup with candies in it.  I had my last chemo on Valentines day.  I joked on my journal that my other half and me had made quiet reservations for valentines and that was the only way I was going to get him not to go to work!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

sagina I didn't loose everything because I only had one chemo ---just my hair----they said it was unusual---probably had to do with the overdose then the renal failure they put me in ----so I was overloaded and it kept floating around not being able to be expelled----Maybe I had all 4 tx's in one

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Sagina --so it's bright and cheerful and makes me have to look cockeyed and side ways. ----Good &silly ---the world should be looked at sideways and cockeyed

• sagina
    Options

Oh gosh, you have been through the ringer, I am so sorry!!!!

I had Adriamycin and Taxotere.  I was guaranteed by the 13th day after the first dose my hair would be gone! It was!  The eyebrows took a little longer to fall out, but they did. They are growing in really quickly now.

• sagina
    Options

I have one daughter, how bout you? any kiddos?

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Just one son --he's launched --26 on his own engaged---yours

• sas-schatzi
    Options

S-- i know what other thread we are on together----do you go to OMG they found a cure for stupid and the stupidest things people have said, and You know you have cancer when?

• sagina
    Options

20, in college, rough year, the day in October 2010 I had to tell her about my cancer she had flown in on winter break - but that morning she attended her friends mom's funeral, she died from pancreatic cancer - all my daughter heard was cancer, I had to hold her up.

She ended up going back to college 1000 miles away and then a few weeks later called it a semester, came home then transferred to a college closer is there now.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Oh S so hard, but it's a blessing she followed her heart which lead straight to you. It will bring you closer together. It is working out well?

• sagina
    Options

yes i read those, and laugh and laugh!!!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

How is your daughter handling things now? Whats her major?

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Sagina  where in texas?

• sagina
    Options

it is working out and she is changing her major from mechanical engineering to zoology, her first love!!! and I am so happy for her.  She did have a full ride at the other school and now is having to get loans, that does suck.

san antonio 

• sas-schatzi
    Options

S well eventually she will be able to make both work for her ---there is a need to understand alot of mechanics in dealing with animals

• sagina
    Options

i'm going to sign out for bit, need to catch up on some work for work tomorrow. So nice talking to you!! "see" you tomorrow

• sas-schatzi
    Options

How is she handling your situation ? Is she better at home---emotionally?

Sucks about the loans. try Fastweb.com ---maybe she can find some money through them. It's a free site just bypass cliclking on the freebies

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Okay -------take care

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    Options

Hi Sas pleased to see you up and awake. Feeling a bit chicken at present. Have to have scan tomorrow - onc doesn't like swelling on chest wall and so here we go again. i am so tired of it.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    Options

Looks like I am talking to the chickens by myself. Will check back in a while.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

It' 1237-----the problem here is we aren't here. but wish you well tomorrow Alyson. The rollercoaster ride doesn't end. I have no idead how someone can work and have cancer---Iam aware that thousands do it------but with all the bloody appointments. how? ......being awake now is a mixed blessing , had a couple days of sleep---I think it was a couple of days.  

Cluck any chickens here? Nope----will be back

• sas-schatzi
    Options

welll it's a mixed blessing. ----now i'm going to give sleep a try. it'2 now 1:32--night for the time being

• valgal
    valgal Member Posts: 187
    Options

Anybody home?

• valgal
    valgal Member Posts: 187
    Options

I went on an overnight trip with the DH just got back and now everybody's in bed already? LOL. Well I guess I'll do the same. I hope all is well and that your melatonin cocktails did the trick!

• Ang7
    Ang7 Member Posts: 568
    Options

Hey Valgal~

Just changed the laundry...

Gonna try to get some sleep.

Hope you can get some rest if you need to.Smile