Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Well,  we were  all with you Ducky.... And such a horrible story of malpractice I had ever heard of....   So glad she is doing better..... Who knows?  She might outshine even what is expected of her!    It's so good to hear of something good coming from a terrible situation.....  Thanks!  Maybe keep us posted?

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Chevy will do......

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Paula, do get it checked out but it is probably damaged tissue. I had quite a large lump which they had to remove it was B9 and caused by radiation. Others will be able to tell you more. Like you I had burnt very badly from radiation so maybe this is the reason. Anyway you need to check these things out.

I almost got up at one point in the night but listened to music instead and luckily this time I got back to sleep and actually slept in. So this owl must get dressed.

We could all get some of these?

image or theseimage

• Chevyboy

Teka.... It HAD to be an older man!  They find humor in all those noises..... AND burping!  

I am so mad at my Primary Care Doc....  She wouldn't give me a referral for the ENT, because she said they could fix my ears there....  She COULDN'T 4 months ago, and just brushed it off!   So I sure wasn't going to go back for her to flush them again.

I PAID for the ENT to clear my ears....  He had the right equipment.  And it worked.  

Would you gals quit going to that PC?  I could, because there are 2 other women in that same group!  Insurance says I can....  I just want to be able to trust my PC to take care of US, instead of thinking about how much money they can bill your Insurance for treatments they do that don't work!    We've been going to her for over 15 years, and she would not help me with a referral  when I asked.  And when the ENT gal asked.   Maybe it's time to slash some tires....Loopy  I mean WE pay THEM!  Our Insurance PAYS them!  Don't they work for US?   Okay.... I'm done.

• Chevyboy

LITTLE FAIRY OWLS!    AND A MOUSE ASLEEP ON THE BRANCH.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938

Chevy, even though it was $$ well-spent to get your hearing back, I'd think about appealing to the ins co.  I bet the ENT would support a claim that it was medically necessary.  And if I had other good options, I'd re-consider going to that PCP. 

Alyson, love the owl PJ's!

• Chevyboy

Badger, thanks!  He DID say he was going to put a note in the report that he was sending to my PC, about how it WAS necessary that he cleaned them the way he did.  I talked to the Insurance Co, about changing PC's, but I didn't ask about filing a claim!   She did say he...the ENT.... WAS  covered by my Insurance, but not without a referral.  Maybe I'll call back and ask? 

And yes, I WILL use one of the other PC Docs in that practice....  It just has to go through the Insurance, and get another card.  I would HOPE the new PC would HELP me, when I need it, and NOT refuse a referral like mine did.   But they all probably use the same referral gal!  The same desk!  But the order  HAS to come from the PC, right? 

Probably no one else has faced this...   I read on-line that my PC has terrible reviews!   How "indifferent" she is....  etc....... I never thought of doing that before..... 

• badger

Chevy, I never looked up my doc on-line as I live in podunk and had limited options when I moved here (from CO) 20+ years ago but it's a good idea.

Check your ins to see if you're a customer of the practice versus the individual doc.  That's how mine is.  I could go to any of several docs now but like mine so no need to switch.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

I know nothing of this referral stuff. I just thought you had a problem, called the Dr. and they billed your insurance. I did get referrals for all the cancer  appts. or my PCP made the appt., told me when to show up. It seems crazy to me, I had the same ear procedure done years ago. When that wax is glued in there, it is obviously necessary. 

Insurance Company's ....some of those executives are ridiculously wealthy, lots of greed in that buisness

• Chevyboy

Yes, I can go to any of the 3 docs in that practice!  But I just didn't ever run into this problem before!  And even I didn't dream that my ears were THAT plugged, until the Costco Technician, TOLD me to go get them taken care of.... I just thought it was my hearing aids, or my ears had gotten worse...   Because she could SEE the impacted wax...  It had been going on for 2 years...  just slowly getting used to not hearing...

So that's when I tried calling for the referral...  Then to urgent care.... THEN to the ENT.. I blame the PC Doctor...  She COULD have just agreed to the referral when the ENT called them.... but again, she said "they could take care of it themselves"..... Which they could not....

I'll cool down a bit, and call again Monday....  Maybe I'll call the PC, and talk to HER, and ask why they would not do that for me!    SHE tried cleaning out my ears, and it didn't work... but she said, "they look fine now!"  .... Even though nothing would come out.

You guys, I'm sorry.....  I hate to take up all this time talking about my stupid ears...

• honeybair
    honeybair Member Posts: 234

I was honeybair way before the Honey Bob Boo show.  Cannot imagine why people want to watch some of the vulgarity that is broadcast on TLC (The Loony Channel).  Give me Downton Abbey or movies streamed from Netflix.

Paula, my pain has come after the radiation.  Perhaps it is related to that.  Sometimes when I am sitting, my back on the right side will get tremors.   Must be nerve related I am guessing.  Fortunately my skin held together beautifully throughout and after radiation.  Sorry you had such a trying time.

• badger

Chevy, no worries!  This is important!  So the ENT called your PCP for a referral and she said no to them (the experts)?  That to me doesn't meet the standard of care.  Good idea to wait to cool down before making any calls.  Best not to burn any bridges just yet.  ♥

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

For all of you who don't live in sunny CA:

Still learning how to add images, don't know how to resize yet.

• 2nd_time_around

Lacey Wildd Wishes She Had Size QQQ Breasts On 'My Strange
    Addiction,' Airing Jan. 8 On TLC 

• badger

Maddy, yes that's her.  Apparently, she's famous.  OMG.  Sick

• 2nd_time_around

Famous or infamous?

• badger

Good point, Maddy.  Infamous it is. Happy

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

Sheesh... can't keep up.

I know y'all are curious: Honey Boo Boo's dad is SUGAR BEAR.

Also - if I had tata's as big as those melons in the picture, I'd surely catch 'em on fire like Robin Williams in Mrs. Doubtfire. 

How can that girl even get NEAR a stove? And I guess she's not a stomach sleeper... on the plus side, if her hands are full, she has a built in shelf to carry stuff...

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

there are owl pjs at target for women for about $18. Different print. I like the ones above better.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Do you suppose it hurts when grease splatters on them? Or are they numb like ours? I think she needs a psychiatrist.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

OMG I just signed into this page and there are 3 pages.

2nd time - I never made the chai hot choc. I read just putting a chai tea bag in hot water and then making instant hot choc. in it is one way. I have the world's largest collection of hot chocolate. My fav. is Stephens Candy Cane. I had DH order 5 cans last year and am down to a little over 2 cans (did give one can to DD though). But I bought at the fancy market cinnamon sticks, cloves, whole allspice, pink peppercorns, star anise, and cardamom pods. These were in the big jars so you could buy just a little. I gagged at the price of the whole cardamom - it was $45.99/# but I only bought 0.10# which was 46 cents. As I understand it you grind these up either with mortar/pestle or coffee grinder and make them using good chocolate for a hot chocolate. Here are the links I kept for this.

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/chai-spiced-hot-c...

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chocolate-chai/

http://relish.com/recipes/hot-chocolate-chai-mix1/

Next cold snap I need to try it. Gosh knows I have a collection of chai tea I could do that right now. Maybe I will though stuffed from enchilada dinner. Posting this and will continue with remaining 2.5 pages.

• luvmygoats

DH frowns on me in pajamas unless I'm truly sick. I for sure change into flannel shirt and sweater b4 he leaves for work; feels like a slap in his face if I don't - nanner nanner I don't have to go to work. I have my collection still of front button mens flannel shirts from surgery 2 years ago and they are getting softer and softer. I think the pants I wear the most are kinda yoga pants but they don't fit tight. Would be OK answering the door in what I wear. No PJs anyway I prefer nightshirts. But I have been on the the "people of WalMart" website". DH tells me on my worst day I still look better than most - not fashion plate wise but clean, all parts covered with clothing that need to be, teeth brushed, etc.

OO - I always look up my docs on HealthGrade or whatever else is available. But then again I don't believe all they say. DD had to go see doc almost ER one day when her doc was out of office. Bet your booties I looked him up. He actually did quite good by her and even sent her a card recently when his office moved.

GolfGirl - Sounds like Chevy has a Medicare HMO; that's why the need for referral.

2nd time - I can't resize images anymore. It used to be you clicked on the center after if was on your post and you got an edit button. Don't know what has happened to that. I tried putting it in Word, editing and recopying and it wouldn't recopy. I managed to post pictures one time but I've already forgotten how. DH had to coach me thru it.

Wow you think us girls have trouble buying clothes for D's, how 'bout them GGs? Do they even have bras at Lane Bryant for them?

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Luv, Cardamom is one of my favorite spices.  It is used with powdered coffee beans and sugar for Turkish coffee.  It is also a very popular spice in Scandinavian baking.  I've used it in almost any bread, cookie or pastry where you can use cinnamon.  I've been removing it from the pods and grinding it since I started baking---when I was seven. A nontraditional use that I especially like is in shortbread.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

It's used in Ethiopian food as well.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Love cardamon and its so good in Middle Eastern food.

Where is SAS? Too busy playing her guitar!!!

• ndgrrl
    ndgrrl Member Posts: 645

hey- how is everyone tonight?

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Maddy, would give my frost bitten front teeth to be in Sunny Ca, right now....cold & windy here..DH is flying to Palm Springs on Wed. for a golf vacation with the " boys"...

Lacey Wild...looks like she has a 2 year old strapped to her back....or front...looks horrific, cannot imagine what that would feel like....

• luvmygoats

OO - the Wednesday food section had a write up of tea shops. Now this is Texas so bars or Mexican food places are more popular lol. But one tea shop is also a spice shop. Not too far from DD's so I know where I'm going next time I visit her. My favorite tea is Yorkshire Gold - strong English tea but I do trade off to the chai. Only problem is the chai aggravates my GERD.

Yes, where is Sassy?

I'll have to investigate the cardamom. Oddly enough they don't have much scent. Is that because they're still in the pods?

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Hi ndgirl.

Whew to many conversations for me to remember, but I did read them all. ears, boobs, pj's, owls. hot chocolate, spices. See I read just don't remember the words that go around it. I was a tiny busy today, nothing much--but again I could not stay awake. I slept most of the day--Oh well it rained all day and my SIL said the streets were terrible. Wow the news that I have could make it on the 10 o'clock news.

• grammaB
    grammaB Member Posts: 1,118

Yikes, so far behind!!  I don't think I'll even try to catch up!  

Chevy, so glad to hear your ears are finally cleared out and you can hear again.  I definitely would dump that PCP and go to a different one.  That is inexcusable not to give you a referral!

Paula, I can imagine how scary finding a lump at this point is.  Glad you have a dr appt soon.

Love all the owl photos, so cute!

ducky, I don't know the whole story about your sweet GD, but in the video she looks so happy and cherished.

Hugs!