Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938

rinnnggg rinnnggg rinnggg - Cami it's for you LOL.

LMG - love it, I am avoiding housework even as I type.

Sassy, it's not boring but fascinating what you know & share.  I learn things from your commentary, even if it doesn't apply to me at the time.  Thanks!

GG, you are so not a freak but it feels like it, I know.  ((hugs))

• badger

OK now I can't get this stupid song out of my head!

She's a very kinky girl,
    The kind you don't take home to mother;
    She will never let your spirits down,
    Once you get her off the street.

She's all right; she's all right;
    That girl's all right with me yeah.
    She's a super freak, super freak,
    She's super freaky...

OMG make it stop!  Loopy

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Badger...LOVE IT. ! 

You & Cami have brought me out of my "super freak" mood, big smile. :)))...now if I could just get moving...I am going to be more productive today...

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969

Badger- my sister sings that song to her girl cats and dog all the time! LOL! 

She's super freaky-yeow!

• badger

Jazzygirl, the cats are super freaky-meow! LOL.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Oh Sassy I know all about medical records. I worked there for 2 years b4 nursing school - paper records Yuck. File rooms full of them. I know you were just educating us. I think op report would be interesting but not so much that I want to go to the trouble. Like I said I have no beefs with that. Those were the days you need a lawyer to get records.

Oh my, yes still have the cookbooks but have 4 trash bags stuff from DD's room to go to Goodwill. YES!!!!! She says she has what she wants out of it but guess what - I found a sack of old T's that she took several from but remainder going out da door. The cookbooks for the most part are in bookcase that runs length outside of that storage closet. We bought this house and built small detached garage and took in double garage for den - we are in unincorporated county.

Sassy - wow the story of the boob reduction. Psychic pain so she attempted to solve it. Hope she got mental health but maybe just the boob reduction was a step in the right direction.

GolfGirl - I abhor bras. Always 1st thing that comes off when I walk in the door. 42Ds don't help any but was that way when they were smaller. Rads will end and bras will become your friend again. I lived in Aquaphor and whatever RX cream they had me get. I still have a jar of California Baby calendula cream I used after rads. It smells divine (got it at Target). I put it on those dry winter itchy spots. I trolled on the rads site and had a list of every cream anyone mentioned. I wish Calif. Baby made adult stuff. I bought another calendula cream at Central Market (Whole Foodsy like) but not as nice. I can only say that bald will pass and in the meantime when you see "it" say to yourself "yes I kicked that cancer a$$ to the curb". Hugs.

https://www.pinterest.com/misstamantha/housework-f...

The one I posted came from here - I do know how to find the source of pictures sometimes. Looks like by the header there are others for your enjoyment/amusement. I'm still avoiding my housework - well I've done a load of laundry. When I tell DH I've done laundry as an accomplishment he wants to see the scrubbing board or stones I've used HAHA. Unfortunately Hallmark is running the Janette Oke movies today. Love them. Followed by True Grit and the losing Dallas Stars Hockey. Should get outside it is nearly 70 with very little wind - that's coming tomorrow.

Badger - what is that song? Don't recognize it.

• badger

LMG, it's a bad '80's song by Rick James called Superfreak.  

Lots of people liked it, but I am not among them.

Gotta take advantage of a sliver of sunshine and go walk.  Later!

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Holy chit! So many posts while I was trying to type..... You're all so quick and I'm so slow....

Badger, ear worm! Hate those! And NO, not the same as worms in the wars. You made me laugh with that one!

Cami, calling GG Hole in the Head, you're on a roll and it's still early in the day.

Ok, GG, (can't call you what Cami said, you got enough going on girl!): now listen up. Baldness sucks but it is temporary. I wore bandanas mostly then a cap or hat over that for the outings. Funny story (it was NOT funny at the time though) which is true: initially, at home was bald a bunch before I started with bandanas. DD was about 3 then, I could finally go shopping (meaning I was off meds which restricted driving). Took DD along, at some point, had started wearing bandana/hat in public, she pulled my bandana/hat off and was yelling "Not my mommy!" I was not only mortified that my bald head be seen in public but was mortified that the cops would show up thinking I was kidnapping my own child. When my DB was married a couple months later, my SIL didn't want me in the wedding party (found out years later that my dad had requested that I be included since it's family tradition to include sibs, my other brother was best man and dad did contribute to the wedding), she put me in a corner and assigned me to the wedding book (I think she was embarrassed I had a pretty scarf covered by a hat but it was still obvious that something was going on with me for those who didn't know me). You can get thru this, it's only temporary. Oh, and the gift: once straight as sticks hair grew in curly! So different, my chemo permanent permanent (remember those stinky things?)

• 2nd_time_around

Luv, got hooked on Pinterest before BCO. Something to keep me busy. Just looking at those decadent desserts were enough for me. Kinda like that who work around sweets aren't interested in them. 

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

You guys, I was just thinking.... Wouldn't it be fun to have a Slumber Party?  I mean you gals who insist on flannel pajamas, and Cammi with her night-gown, and granny-cap, and we could all get together like at MY house, and all pile on the bed and watch TV or movies, and talk dirty and eat snacks and drink all night! 

I remember when I was about 16, a bunch of us girls had a sleep-over at Anna's house!  And about midnight, we all walked down the middle of this Tennyson street, in a snow storm, laughing all the way.... We went to the Oriental theatre, watched White Christmas, and walked back home, and sat and brushed each others hair, and it was the BEST night I can remember!

Well other than sleeping over at Kay's house, where we smoked, and listened to Johnny Ray sing "Cry" over and over again!   We hid the ashtray under her bed, so no-one would know...Ha, ha! 

Sass WAIT!  I just went up and read what you posted!  That's RIGHT!!!!  I'll bet it was!    But I don't want it to continue!  Oh God, now I don't want to worry....!   No-telling how long it had been there!  But I know I made it worse...  I was a top cerumin manufacturer.... that's for sure!  Good  advice!  Now if I would just always remember, and NOT do anything more to these ears! 

Littlegoats....!  I LOVE Pinterest!  I sent that page to myself, to look at all of them!  Thanks for posting that...

CAMMI!!!! Oh NO!  You called her Holeinthehead!  I think she might be looking for you!  Ha, ha!    But it made me laugh!  GG, don't pay any attention to her.... she is a trollop.... a bad girl... but she gets away with it, because we love her anyway. 

• Chevyboy

I mean my Silly Sister....

• jazzygirl

2nd Time- wow that your SIL wanted to hide you from the mainstream during DBs wedding. Says a lot about her, doesn't it? I am glad your family made sure you were included, and there was a way for you to be part of the celebration. I hear stories about the way family and friends act towards cancer treatment and am often shocked by it. But I have had my own experiences with it too in the past year, during my active treatment. 

Thanks for reminding the gals going through the active treatment here that is not forever thing. I remember feeling like it would never end and be okay, but it does get better folks. You will begin to have more normal days than not as time goes on.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Jazzy, thanks for the pep talk...it's been 6 months since I was dx, still got as ways to go, getting grumpy.

..Cami called me "hole in the head", now that was funny...

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Not to be a Debbie Downer---NO CHEVY I didn't day Debbie Does Dallas-----but Jazzy when is it u start feeling good every day? LOL

2nd time, I'm sorry I know it's the BRIDE'S day but that was not nice at all, but I did come up with a reason maybe--she might have thought u might be having a bad day nd couldn't come??? Maybe or she could have at least said that to you. Geeze

• Chevyboy

But if you TELL her you think it was funny, there's no END to what she might call the rest of us!     Don't go gettin' grumpy though....  No-tellin' what she will come up with next!  Loopy

2nd time.... I worked at Coors for over 18 years, and could never drink beer...Ha! 

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

• Chevyboy

This weekend's forecast shows a 0% chance of cooking or cleaning, with a good chance of laying around in my pajamas.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Chevy I'll work hard at that, but DBF  is used to working ALL the time. So, I need to keep a bit more moving. LOL.

Cami you are always so kind, giving everyone the benefit of the doubt, I think 2nd's SIL feel more in the bridzilla category.

Maddy , how did your SIL turn out as a family member?

• sas-schatzi

Hole-in-head nice to meet you welcome to the group. LOL,we have a dear friend hole-in-one

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

lovelygoatgrrl, I read that you asked me a question.  Unfortunately I don't remember it....but I'll answer YES anyway.  I have  50/50 chance of passing the quiz, right?

I love all these owl pictures.

Phyllip

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,585

Just saying hi and just because its funny:

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Lilli

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Phyloankle---Sas wanted to know if u were wearing the traditional orange jump suit still.

• jazzygirl

Chevyboy- the weekend forecast post is hilarious! Love the rotten e-cards. 

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Chevy I love that forcast!!! I'm gonna do it!

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

That's OK Phyllograham. My mind sieve doesn't remember the question anyway. We'd make a great team, well maybe not if somebody's depending on us.

Smell luscious - yes Cami just had a shower. Smell pepperminty. Having a wonderous bowl of cereal for dinner. You say dinner dummy it's nearly 10 pm. For once I wasn't hungry tonight. My DH says I eat Jethro bowls of cereal. Do you remember Jethro Beverly Hillbillies and the mixing bowl he ate cereal out of. Well, not really that bad but close. Then going to have some hot chocolate.

• 2nd_time_around

Cami....  telephone call for you.....

Chevy.... What's happening with the party and what does it take to get an invite? I could use a night out with the ladies. I wish I would have read that Rotten Ecard this morning, will apply to tomorrow for sure!

Jazzy and Cami.. About the SIL thing, I know it was the bride's day, tried not to detract from attention being paid to her. However... When I moved my parents over the summer, mom has 30+ photo albums (only a couple of boxes of loose photos left as she used a huge number of them for bookmarks and grocery lists) plus there are framed photos of both of my brothers' and my wedding. There is not one photo of my new SIL and me together!  (In fact of me with either bride!) There is only one photo I'm in that the photographer took - our side of the family (plus my DH). There are a couple photos of me, non-professional, probably taken by a relative. It just struck me as odd. When I married, I had photos with DH's family as I considered them my new family (and there were only 30 people total at my wedding). The biggest kicker of this whole family SNAFU is that this same SIL and my other brother's wife/SIL had major words at the 2nd SIL's wedding (thank goodness I wasn't involved!). It will be 10 years the end of this month and they both still have resentments about this according to both my DB's. To say my SIL's don't give a rat's behind about me in an understatement. Haven't seen either SIL since Thanksgiving 2008.  Oh, and by the way, when I was dx'ed I wanted to tell my DB's myself not relayed thru my dad. The SIL wouldn't let me talk directly with her hubby, my brother! Neither SIL has made an effort to contact me since mx to see how I'm doing, that's over a year! I have one f'ed up family! (And the 1st SIL's passed away due to cancer, lung cancer)

No wonder I get lonely at times.....Sad

• sas-schatzi

Chit, maddy that is messed up. Bridezillas turned into what____________? Did you ever ask your brothers what it meant to them? My Dh's family treated me like persona non grata. I was invisible, except when they wanted to be upset about something. But I made sure Dh was there for everything. I know what you are saying about how bad the relationships can be. In a do over, had I known. I wouldn't have married my DH. That's just blather, who knows what I would do?

• 2nd_time_around

Sassy, both brothers stand behind their wives. Because of the wives, my brothers aren't talking to one another and probably will not ever again. Funny thing, my parents are so much in love and did everything to foster a good close family. So, I developed other "families" around me. And cats, always at least two cats, crazy cat lady 

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Luvmygoats, I've worked with a couple of athletes who did eat enormous bowls of cereal at work. And they were thin. One guy ate a full meal between each of his clients (1 per hour) and had to have clothes made because he was tall and thin. He pointed out that they make big and tall clothes, but not just tall.

I really lucked out on the family thing. My family pretty much got along with everyone and DH's is the same. I was an only child, so really enjoyed getting SIL & BIL when I married. And all our kids get along as well. 

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    • Badger
      – I thought you said “I bought a 40 pound bag of ICE yesterday…” and I was
      like, WHY? Duhhhhh…. Do you have those funny rubber things that slip over your
      shoes and look like they have golf cleats on the bottom? I had to use those a
      lot at our mountain house when the decks and the driveway froze over.
    • A big shout-out to Chabba,
      Wren44, Camillegal, Jazzygirl, Alyson, ndgrrl, Paula, grammaB, spookiesmom,
      Enerva, phgraham, IllinoisLady.  Sorry if I missed anyone; I only went back a few pages.
    • ((((((Holeinone)))))
    • 2TA
      – I do not like that SIL, no I do not. If I were down there, you could hold her down and I'd whack her. Friends are the family you get to
      choose for yourself. 
    • Chevyboy
      – you wrote: we could all get together like at MY house,
      and all pile on the bed and watch TV or movies, and talk dirty and eat snacks
      and drink all night! 
      Except for being at your house, isn’t that
      what we do NOW? Loopy(Yeah, I’d much rather be at your house….)