Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Options

Comments

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    Options

LOL, I've tried to dial out on my 10-key and tried to add up numbers on my phone! and wayyyyyy before chemo head!!!!!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

Yeah , but gina did you read mine --jeesch---you get going and the mind just is too overworked. But maybe the lightbulb was really dim

• sagina
    Options

I should finally start radiation next week - did you have and what now did you wish you could have known before starting? if anything....

• sagina
    Options

No light bulbs dim in here, that's for sure, or else we all be sleeping!!!!! lol

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Get going girl with the stories GIG

Gina you GET it---what a hoot. Personally I'm fond of the stehoscope on the chest one myself the most. Can you imagine if the patient had been normal, I'd be asking for a new nurse

• sagina
    Options

Ok how bout this one - DH works on a military base. When I lost my hair I would keep the wigs and hats in the car so whatever I felt like wearing....So I get on base to go meet him for dinner, I'm at a stop light, and decide I better but on a wig.  So I'm sitting in a car, on a military base, at a light, putting on a wig....I don't know how the MP's didn't come charging.....lol

• sas-schatzi
    Options

gina didn't have rads. BMX 0 nodes. Cut those puppies right off. Family history sucks BIG time. I was going for an elective when it was found. Very agressive with an oncotype dx of 30. Who knows 2 1/2 years out. Pushed up the colonoscopy --found a big ole polyp, had an instinct just like I did with the boobs. Also a braintumor , but it's behaving .

• sagina
    Options

my facebook post a couple of weeks ago:

I have to be careful not to wipe the sweat from my brow - cause off come the brows!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Yeah I remember when we shaved my head. Different kind of experience.

• sagina
    Options

Bonnie - I'll never think of the F-word the same!!!!! Hilarious!!!!!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

gina I missed the last 2 post last page going to back up

• sagina
    Options

congrats Nancy! 

I've got to call it a night too today.  Enjoyed the funnies, see you all tomorrow.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Night nancy hope the boob feels better--dx mammo's are no fun

gina and gig good ones about he wigs-----

night gina

• sas-schatzi
    Options

gig you still here?

on time with a wig at a wedding around went up to catch the bouquet---caught the flowers and my hair stayed up in the air. dropped the flowers and grabbed the hair real fast ----last time I wore a wig. Chose to were scarves during bald period because of that experience

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Night gig have fun cuddling

Angel baby when you get here went to OMG , I got all fiesty after hearing you got a little. Is that clucking by ESP?

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    Options

Hi all and I'm new here... Getting a little nervous about my visit to the surgeon tomorrow.. I was calm and cool about everything until now... the thought that my ultrasound was a BIRAD 5 has got to me.. I know my lump is small and we probably caught it early.. I guess the unknown ahead is the worst part..

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,257
    Options

Hello late-nighters! Welcome, GmaFoley - you'll find plenty of support and reassurance here with the night owls, and throughout the site.

Judith

• pickle
    pickle Member Posts: 70
    Options

GmaFoley, Welcome and good luck with the surgeon tomorrow. Take a notebook or a good note taker with you. Information is overwhelming and can make our heads spin but honestly....knowledge is power and the more informed you are, the more empowered and in charge you will feel.

Sincerest wishes for good results

Hugs

Beth

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Gma -yes the waiting is the worst part. Whatever it is you just have to work it one day at a time. Make sure you ask him / her to explain everything until YOU understand it. It is so easy for them to slip into medical language that is greek latin and german. I'm a nurse and spent hours working on understanding what the path report meant. Your best source of teaching material is right here on the educational sites of BCO. That's how I got here. I didn't come to the discussion boards for months. Whatever your told come back tomorrow After your appointment --go through the forum list for just diagnosed. Then look at thread names and see what applies to you. You can just read, you don't have to post right away. I hope you don't have to go through anything. But whatever your need is, you can find a thread on the discussion boards. Most people look at a lot of threads until they find their comfort areas. Generally trying to keep up with more than 6-7 threads is hard.

This thread is not meant to be serious so , if you read the previous notes . You are probably saying to yourself what has this got to do with BC. Well there are threads that try to take the sting out of BC by joking about it. It's not that we aren't serious about the disease . We just want a break. Check the forum list. Most people are in bed now. So you may not get to talk with anyone tonight , but you can read many past threads, If spirituality would help there are many. Sorry I wasn't here when you were , but have faith. Bc sucks, but we are all here for you so come back.

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    Options

First time here,usually wake up at 4:00,so I'm a bit early.  Just found this thread yesterday, there are a lot of us awake.  I usually watch TV till I get sleepy, most of the time Anderson Cooper.  I'm probably early because I have a mammo and US today, I was diagnosed in August of 09, don't know if I will go to 1 a year at this point or keep the 6 mo. schedule.  Hoping all is well and it is a routine visit. Do the US too because the lump did not show up on the mammo, but it was palpable, did show up on USand was biopsied at the same time.  My Breast Care Center is just top notch, I am so glad my gyno sent me there. I do make a lot of typos this early in the AM

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    Options

Thanks Beth, I have a friend from church who is a retired nurse that is going to be my ears.  This has all happened in less than 3 weeks so I am still in shock over this.  My friend Lola had suggested that I let her meet me there and realized what a good idea that was.  I am hopefully off to bed - but not too sure how much sleep I'm going to get.  Thanks for your wishes - These forums the last week have meant alot to me - All you ladies are awesome..

• pickle
    pickle Member Posts: 70
    Options

Hey Karen, Good luck tomorrow.

Hugs

Beth

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Karen welcome---the six month schedule is better than the 3 month schedule. Hope you get news that you move to a year sched. US and MRI have been wonderful advances to dx. I'm literally here due to MRI. So, lets raise a glass and click the screen for a 1 year schedule .

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Pickle are you still there ---we haven't met before i'm sas

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Nope it's just me and the chickens again

• sas-schatzi
    Options

checking in on the Cath thread --someones up that usually isn't

• karen333
    Options

Thanks for the welcome, sas and beth, nice to know there are night owls up when I am. 

• sas-schatzi
    Options

karen not always here, but started the thread because I could find someone to talk to maybe when sleep wouldn't come

• karen333
    Options

I am going to try to grt some sleep, may be back.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

karen you just have to be patient for a response because this doesn't function like a chat room. We are the typers that flunked typing hehehheh