Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117

Smarty your daughter looks beautiful such a special moment!!! Lov it :) 

Hugs everyone!!

Still slept like shit... Every muscle is sore and these TE'S are no joke.... Sorry to vent ... Ugh off to a hot shower hopefully loosen my muscles!!!

Sweet Pea :) 

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985

GOod morning, i never had a cat but i do believe our pets can sense when something is not normal. I miss having a pet :( . I soon will start work so its not fair to get a pet that may end up long hours alone. i am glad you ladies have pets, enjoy them ;) 

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Love your little buddy. Dog lovers unite!!

Woof

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

ok, I'm going to be bitchy now (can I say that?). Anyway. Went to bed last night with weird long dents in both breast, lower half. Still have TEs in, waiting for exchange in February.  Want to see? Now there's something else to worry about!!!  If it comes back, I'll email the PS. I've decided that I really want boobs back!  I can live with being flat but, man, I like having boobs!  Whine, whine, whine. And I hate crying, I hate this roller coaster crap (can I say that??)

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hugs Smaarty. Hope you feel better. 

Just checking in before going to church.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Smarty & Sweet Pea-----I'd like to say something different, but TE's suck. Check with Whippetmom , she has heard it all. She may ask you some particular question different than anyone else might ask.

My Te's hurt every moment they were in, I may be predjuidiced. retrospectively, not sure why I put up with them?----OH yeah I wanedt foobs.

Change positions every time you notice discomfort.

Take pain meds.

Wear bra, when that bothers you, take bra off, when that bothers you, put on tube top, sports bra larger than normal, or bra>>>>>Keep changing cus it 'll hurt , you fix it with something and then that will become uncomfortable. Along the way you will find what works for you. Bra can't constrict or apply pressure in the side aspect of the TE/foob(armpit side) or be to tight in the mammary fold below the TE/foobs.

The area most uncomfortable for me was at  2 o'clock position on the left side-----Right side that would be the 10'clock position. It felt like the TE was square on the edges. Poking right into the chest side of the armpit. where the armpit fold begins.

Then you are dealing with the pectorals stretching. That's why I suggested 10(12)days minimum between fills. Two weeks even better. 7 days is to fast. Easy on the doc b/c of their schedule, but to FAST for you. I mentioned it before, but I will again. It hurt too bad one time on the 7th day---I was in the office ready for a fill and just said NO. Came back next available day and it was wed. Total time in days was 12 day(13?) SOOOOOOO much better. I did it that way until we we're done.

Sleep try anything---recliner or bed with arms supported above body at an angle higher then body---either side lying or back.

Side lying also place pillow between legs for hip support. Back put several pillows or couch cushion under knees to relax the lumbar. If you can keep other muscles from joining in the pain party, that's good.,

Do not remember what I allowed for activity. I do know I did range of motion starting at 6am the morning after. I don't have any memory of what I did after that. If I find the memory I'll let you know.

Can't think of anything else right now :(

• sas-schatzi

Aly, think of that pic....amazing ---how often could that pic be taken in the space of all time.?

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

2TA – you WERE busy last night!!!

Camillegal – I know when I take a shower it is a major cause
    for celebration. My jammies and robe are just so COMFY!!!

You guys are making me miss my kitties even more!!!

Welcome , LeeA!

Good morning (afternoon) Miss Teka!

Soteria – Gus is a cutie!!!

StaceyLeeH – so sorry about the TEs! They can really be a
    b*tc#!!!

Enerva – what a beautiful pic!

Spookiesmom – I’m a cat person, but WOOF back atcha!!! A dear friend has
    Therapy/Crisis Response dogs (Golden Retrievers) so I am a vicarious dog lover.

Smaarty – I so hear you. My TEs took on the shape of weird
    loaves of French bread. How are your dents this morning?

Alyson – you always post the cutest pics!!!

Sas – in case I haven’t mentioned it before, I
    am so grateful to you for starting this thread, and hosting all of us wacky Owlettes. I’m one of those who joined years ago,
    but stay because of the friendships.

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

I have a sore head!!! Bawling

Got another acupuncture treatment
    yesterday, with needles in the top of my skull. They hurt going in AND coming
    out. And after the acupuncturist pulled them out, she vigorously scrubbed my
    scalp with a folded piece of gauze. Did it hurt? Oh, yeah. But I was more
    worried about her wearing the dye off my roots! I have my priorities…

O.K., Owlettes – hope everyone has a wonderful, relaxing
    day!!!

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

I slept last night. I took 2 mg of melatonin as soon as I realized I wasn't going to fall right asleep. I slept about 7 hours. Good sleep except for the part where I woke up my husband yelling at someone in my sleep. I woke up the when he was poking me to get me to stop yelling. I went right back to sleep. It amazes me that he still sleeps in the same room with me given my midnight night terrors. Lately I have apparently been trying to punch something, I never remember the content, not like a dream that I do remember sometimes.  I am a strange sleeper. 

Good news is no mets, however, it turns out I have a broken back, L1 compression fracture and with stenosis. Lots of other spine issues too. No wonder I have been hurting some much that I can't walk anywhere except to the bathroom since September 3. I now have an appointment with an Orthopedic surgeon on Feb 6, his first available. I am pretty tired of sitting at home 24/7.  I can walk to my car, it hurts but I can make it, like I count my steps and think walk faster it wont hurt for so long. It works and gets me there. The thing is there is not really anywhere to go. I used to pick up DGD until this past week from preschool and the teachers put her in her car seat and then we would go back to my house until DD picked her up. Now she is staying for after school group and tea time. I just miss her so much.  

I hope you all have good sleep, whenever  you have it. Hugs Ginger

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985

Ginger sorry to hear about ur back. One of my sister and one brother had surgery of the L4, it is very painful when there is a damage disc, hope you get that doctor to fix it soon. 

Its so cold here this week. I only look out the window. ;( 

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

SAS-did contact Deborah. It apparently goes away at night, but coming back in the day. Not painful just weird and something else to think about.  I have to say, that only thing about the TEs are the annoying armpits. The rest hasn't been that bad. And some itching. Did put on the lidocaine, that helped.

Ginger, sorry about the back, but now you know.

• sas-schatzi

Smarty, glad you contacted Deborah. I have such GREAT faith in her. I've made her a little bit crazy by suggesting she start a program through a university to teach what she knows. It happened with ostomies, why not foobs. There is NO ONE like Deborah in this world. What happens with someone in that position is that they hear more "what if's" then anyone else.  I can tell you that kind of resource is invaluable. On the one hand she has so many queries, but when she can say what she said to you, it's b/c she's heard it before many times and checked her sources.  Read her BIO she has more years of understanding foobs then just having BC herself.

The armpit thing also has to do with the friggen drains they put in. It's looped and pushed up into the tissue at the head of the humerus(main upper arm bone). That takes along time to heal. CkickieD had history breaking surgery at the Cleveland Clinic b/c he did an approach that he doesn't use drains.  My guess is the doc will publish in 1-2 years. Let Chickie tell you about it. It may change THE APPROACH IN THE FUTURE. She had no clue it was hx changing sx, until I went CHIT blah, blah , blah.

Ginger----glad you don't have a C-1 fx that the "whatever person" told you. Everyone knows my reaction LOL. But no laughing about what the final dx is, please, get at least two opinions--three better, and one of them from a neurosurgeon at least. Spinal surgery is tricky. Do not submit to the knife unless........ There used to be this doc in this county that had a supposed great reputation, but over time it eroded liked his surgeries.

• sas-schatzi

Ginger you may not be in the medical wasteland that I'm in...................

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969

• sas-schatzi

jazy had to copy to try and size--------Love it-----------Sassy

• sas-schatzi

I'm getting so intriqued by owl behavior.........demonstrates great interaction versus breading and pushing them out or fledging with minimal contact---very interesting.

Love this story about fledging............as told by a National Wildlife Reserve volunteer outside Kennedy Space center-Florida. Two parent eagles were fledging and eaglet. For three days the fledgling came back to the nest. On the fourth day the parents tore down the nest. Very interesting since Eagles nests have been known to be used > 50 years.

LEARNED FROM THAT SAME VOLUNTEER THAT THE OWL IS THE ONLY NATURAL PREDATOR OF THE EAGLE---------------------OWLS RULE

• sas-schatzi

Blessings, me too. babe------What we know added to what we have learned in the process of BC, then to be able to share what we think.---------------------but the best is, us all.

• sas-schatzi

Teka ------I used to go to the National Refuge VERY often, Then DH died.......Took DBF to refuge Jan 2013, DBF was farm grown. He said when seeing a duck I identified ---"It's a fucking duck"........Figured the beauty of the bird was lost on him. But in this last year he has learned animals ---don't have to be yelled at or  beaten-------he has made great strides. DBF understands how to use hand signals, talking, head signals, snaps. single word commands. oodles more. All lovers of animals know what I'm saying. A trip back to the Reserve may be interesting, Particularly if we take the dogs. They won't get out, but Schatzi loves it. Dini can learn.

• sas-schatzi

LOL the owl gallery could conceivably crowd us out , but they are ssssssoooooooo interesting

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

the owl gallery is growing, so cool!

Where is everyone? 

Blessings, OUCH! Double ouch! Did you feel better today?

Paula, Gus is adorable, so photogenic and he poses too!

Ginger, sorry about your back! Take it easy, honey.

Aly, you find such cute owl photos

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

DS used to work with the burrowing owls. The greatest threat to their habitat is roads. DH's brother was an engineer for CalTrans (Calif highway system). The family used to laugh at how they were at opposite sides of the highway debate. DS and DIL worked in bird research for years. DIL quit last year when they bought the hobby shop.

Sas, With high blood pressure, which should I use: tylenol, ibuprofen or naproxen. I do have stomach problems so would need to be very careful with the last two, but plain tylenol is not cutting it. 

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Hi Maddy

Ginger I can't believer u went all this time not knowing and just took the pain, didn't u say something to some Dr.? Was it an instant fracture? Oh how it must hurt--Please find the right Dr. for this and get it taken care of.

Maddy why are we up now, I'm so tired, I've been sleeping on and off all day, but I wasn't on here tonite cuz Joey and I were spending our time together. So I thought I'd check on everyone.

I hope I sleep tonite, Im' taking something tonite.

• 2nd_time_around

hi Cami! It's still early here, 10:30, am wide awake, just me and a cat

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Just flying in to see whooo is around.

• camillegal

Clever Aly hahaha

Maddy I always forget all the different times we have, now Aly's half way thru Sunday and here we re--It makes me crazy trying to remember. So Maddy it's actually erlyish for u. It's not that late for me--It's aft midnight, but Joey and I hae been sleeping. And I am tired so hopefully I'll have a decent nights sleep tonite.

• camillegal

• 2nd_time_around

Cami, it's hoot and woof! The time difference makes me crazy too! I forget, how old is Joey?

• camillegal

Oh Maddy the way I talk about him u'd think he was a baby--he;ll be 10 in a couple of months, we've always been super close, that why (in his words) he calls me mamma cuz I'm like his mommy too. Except he asks me more questions and talks more openly cuz he knows Les gets embarrassed so easily.

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

New around this thread, but I am not sleeping well and tonight is no exception! This is with 2 benadryl and 1/2 a xanax. I can't stop itching!! anyway, just thought I'd say hello :)