Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

Oh, Chevyboy - Our furbabies depend on us to do the right thing for them, even if it rips our hearts out to do it. You did the right thing for Lacee. She is no longer suffering. May warm memories soon fill the empty spaces. xoxoxoxo

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

Chevy I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It breaks our  hearts every time and we wouldn't change it except to add more  years. It just hurts so much. 

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Chevy,

I was missing you in the early morning. I am so sorry to hear that you lost your sweet Lacee. That is so hard. Thinking of you & your DH.

Golfgirl

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Chevy. I don't know where else you posted this, I am sooooo sorry to hear this sad sad news. You are the second BCO sister I know to loose their fur baby this week. If you feel like sharing, it may help. Fu#%in cancer!

Spookie and Kris send nose licks. 

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Chevy, I am so very sorry for you and your DH. It's a devastating loss since our furbabies rely on us for everything. It's just so hard that we get so attached to them as they give us complete unconditional love and ask for little in return. It's so hard watching them suffer, at least she is at peace now and no longer suffering. Your heart will heal, it just takes time.

I don't understand why so many are losing furbabies since the beginning of the year...

Sending you lots of hugs and love, Chevy!

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,611

Enerva.....the snow owl was so very, very pretty.  I hope you don't mind but I stole a copy.  Just a beautiful being.

Lilli

• 2nd_time_around

Blessings, great job! Optifast - does that require Rx or can it be purchased OTC? That would be great to get me started. Remember a coworker did that program in the 80's - she lost so much

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

so sorry Chevy!!!

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969

Chevy- so sorry about your  beloved pet. Peace to you and your family.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Sending big hugs Chevy. Furbabies are so special in our lives.

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

luvmygoats-I grew up in Garland! We moved out to RC about 10 years ago, it's growing for sure, but Rockwall is REALLY booming. We are still waiting the promised Walmart, but not sure when/if that will come. I think a TX get together would be awesome at some point.

And yes, I'm home from surgery. They took both expanders out and I'm feeling loopy and high from pain meds. I'm supposed to work tomorrow, we will see how it goes. Luckily I work from home, so that allows for me to just stay in pajamas if need be.

Chevy sorry for your loss. ((hugs))

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

For all you Owlettes in Cold Country:

• 2nd_time_around

Blessings, thanks for the laugh! That helped cheer me up.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

I giggle every time I think about it.

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853

Chevy - so sorry for your loss.

Flowers

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Chevy, so sorry Lovey, Lacee was such a great furbaby. HUGS At a loss again for words. I love you and loved stories and pictures of Lacee.

• sas-schatzi

Blessings and LMG's----abdominal pain , itch, and headache fit. I just remember the older student nurses teaching us this trick about side effects, so, that when the instructors quizzed us, we could start on a roll. It helped get by the nervousness. My first day of giving meds and reciting them all the way to the hospital. I was thinking so hard about the meds, I got out of the car , slammed the door shut. Locked the keys IN the car with the car running. That did not start the day off well.

Buddy, glad the melatonin worked :) sleep is so wonderful 

LMG's glad Bucky didn't get sold. Interesting how we have instincts about people. Soup sounds wonderful. Hmm with a crusty bread,  Sounds so FRENCH. 

Nicky talking French where are you? You were having so much leg trouble. Hope this doesn't mean it's worse?

Maddy, you are official "get newbies through the night person". It's a bit of a double edged sword b/c I know you'd rather be sleeping.

• sas-schatzi

Stellina yoo hoot to Romania, we're missing you

Marvel if you're lurking time to pop in girl.

Tang making the decision to deconstruct is a though one, glad you are happy with your decision.

Cami, whoooot, took some pain med about 20 minutes ago. The old bod just decided to have a pain party this morning. Now my whole day will be screwed.

EVERYONE will get a hoot with this. I had MO appointment on the 23rd. We we're working the list on the follow-ups plan. I was asking what the plan should be for f/u on my brain tumor. Brain sx was Mar 2012. Last MRI was Nov 2012. I'm not obsessing about it, but wanted to know what the future plan would be. He says I shouldn't worry about it. HUH? I had trouble hearing , but it came across as I was too concerned that it was benign and just forget about it. 

Wren I was happy that you found the heart link useful. It was very complete from risks & onset of symptoms to expected care afterwards. All in one page versus split up like so many other web sites. 

Dh's low bp was likely b/c of the combo of drugs he was on. The American Heart Association has been pushing down "normal" systolic and diastolic, and goal ranges on meds that it's hard--very hard to not go to low. Which results in too low of a bp. It's listed as a side affect, but it's really a direct affect. There's a difference. Too long to explain here tonight. 

Plus, with taking a fresh look at the NSAIDS. I was very surprised at the many things I didn't know. The biggest was the serious impact that NSAIDS had on the heart and stroke potential. Hypertensions bad enough but the heart/ stroke thing is even worse. DBF takes Advil, b/c you raised a question, it will help me get him off advil and onto Motrin/ibuprofen. Before taking the new look, I didn't question his choice at all. A very BIG HUG to you :)

• sas-schatzi

Is anyone else having a problem or observation that the OWL gallery pics keep changing position from side to side to kind of a stair stepping down. If I'm on IE browser they are side to side. On Chrome they stairstep down.

• sas-schatzi

Enerva---haven't heard from you for awhile-------what up?

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Morning gals....  It's like you all are guardian angels.... when one of us needs a hug,  you are always there.... 

Thank you Ginger... And Golfgirl!  I was here, just didn't want to post... 

Morning Spookie!   And thanks for the nose licks...ha! 

You know, Lacee  didn't want to eat her dried kibbles a few months ago, but would eat her cooked Liver, and chicken, and I would buy her Roast Beef and Turkey...   And she seemed fine!

But a couple times, I noticed she was "wet" after she got up from laying down, and I just thought she got her drinking water on all her fur after drinking...   And she didn't want to go for walks anymore, so I bought her Glucosamine chews... but that didn't help...  And I could tell she was losing weight! 

And  she still seemed "okay"....  But last week, she didn't want to eat but a couple bites...  and then I took her to the Vets...   So we tried the IV's, and Penicillin shots, and Prednisone, but it didn't help her... and Sunday night, she had a hard time just getting up... and when I held her, she was shivering...  and breathing fast...  So I just knew that she couldn't get over this...   The Vet had thought it was her Kidneys, Adrenal Glands, and Electrolytes....  Everything was failing... Probably Addisons Disease...

I asked George if he wanted to go with me.... because we both knew it would be the last time, but he couldn't...  He carried her out to the car, and I'm so glad I could at least not have him go through this too.. 

He was waiting for me, and we both just held onto each other...  God, it just breaks your heart! 

But Janie came over, and Rosie, our "other Daughter from another Mother"... She brought us fried Chicken, and a beautiful bouquet... I gave her all of Lacee's frozen food and treats...

Thank you 2nd time, Blondie and Jazzy...  Morning Aly and Tanga, oh wait, is that REALLY your name? 

Blessings, I sent that cartoon to my Daughter's...Ha!  So funny!  It's 8 degrees here!  But the sun is supposed to come out.

Morning Flowers.... You doing okay?   

Hi Sass!  Thank you, as usual....  You are like a rock to this thread... I know you'll always be here... 

Your story about your locked car, reminds me of DD, getting that newer car, and somehow turning on the horn, and couldn't get it to go off!   She was frantic, Ha!  Then she came over yesterday, and pushed the wrong thing, and did it again!  BUT NO!  I COULD NOT HEAR THAT RACKET IN BACK OF OUR HOUSE...Ha!  She just laughed. ...

And your Owls look fine to me!   2 on top, and 3 on the bottom!  What IS this, a test?   Man, I hate tests.....  What are YOU seeing, ANYway, girl?  

Okay gals.... Love you all.... xoxoxoxo

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Good Night, Sweet Dreams, Sleep tight... don't let the bed-bugs bite.... I love you! xoxoxoxo

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

Ahhh Chevy, that is so sad....but she is in a better place now.

Tanga is not my real name...my handle should read Tang and Chris. Tangerine was a name my parents had considered naming me, after an old Led Zepplin Song. I always thought it would have been cool if they had. But they named me Amy-from the book Little Women. Amy Beth to be exact. I still think Tangerine would have been cooler :)

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969

Chevy- what a hard day for you with Lacee. She is now on the other side, peaceful and free of pain, and will be waiting for you to come play with her again some day.

• sas-schatzi

Ahh Chevy--so hard to go through, Hugs...................The car thing and leaving it running is why I made my "choas" chain. It has a house key and a car key on a fairly dressy silver chain. It's saved me more then once.

Have a ENT appt. this afternoon. It'll probably make you crazy reading it , but I'll link to my post to Spookie. It'll explain why I'm worried. Per-usual it's TMI. I should be getting ready 

http://community.breastcancer.org/topic_post?forum...

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 942

ScaredChevy, I'm so sorry about your Lacee. 

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

Tang I think it would have been cool also, sounds like they were in the 60's

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Sassy - On Firefox they stairstep down. 1, 1, 2, 1

I don't understand this from you. "DBF takes Advil, b/c you raised a question, it will help me get him off advil and onto Motrin/ibuprofen."  Isn't there no difference between Advil/Motrin/Ibuprofen? I read the extensive warnings that came with the 6 weeks of Celebrex I took - that did nothing for shoulder/clavicle pain. I remember when Advil and Imodium both went OTC. Do you remember when you could buy Lomotil from druggist?

Chevy - Hugs on here too from me to you.

Tang - hope you're feeling better today. Lived in Dallas 1974-1977, Garland 1977-1979 out near where Miller and Centerville intersect, moved to Ft. Worth 1979 and lived there until 1998 when we moved out here. Looked up the lyrics to Tangerine - not familiar with it. I was more a John Denver, Glen Campbell, Anne Murray girl.

DH and I thinking of checking out First Monday in Weatherford this weekend. Maybe do next month. Can sell livestock there. Just have to figure out logistics with Mr. Bucky. Nothing to pen him with - only have HaHa doggy pen NOT! Sassy you would love it. They sell everything and in years past - been 4-5 years since I've been - I've bought some nice antiques. Bought some lovely glass beads (red) 10+ years ago and DM restrung and sold them for me. Not sure how long my walking legs will hold out.

• 2nd_time_around

Chevy, thanks for sharing the photo of Lacee. She will always be in your heart. This is for you:

http://petloss.com/rainbowbridge.htm

Lost my sweet Callie cat almost a year ago. I miss her and sometimes it still hurts. She was my cat-dog.

• 2nd_time_around

sassy, thanks for the vote of confidence! I keep telling myself I need to shut down the technology at least by 11, midnight tops so I get a full night of sleep. Seems like no matter what time I fall asleep, for some reason or another, I'm up between 6 and 7. Not sure I want the responsibility of helping newbies in the wee hours