Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,611

Always late, but always thinking about you all.  The piece below is just because I loved it:

Lilli

imageimageimage

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

COOKING? who talked about cooking? I don't consider that a useful use of time--but eating that another story--that a big problem I have.

Wren and Ginger I love the stories of how our parents. GP's did things, they worked so hard, I could never get enough of the stories my Dad would tell about Italy--he lived to be 96 but he probably made up some who knows but my sister and I listened to every one of them and we were in our 50's still asking and him still telling. And Joey was lucky to meet my dad so he loves to ask questions about when I was little and even when my dad was little and I love telling him those stories, but I had such a wonderful childhood that I like revisiting it too. When u look back and think about it weren't so many people characters? but at the time u didn't think that. hahaha

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

making meatloaf, 2 actually, one's going in the freezing for the next surgery. Need to start stocking up again. 

Tang, sorry you're having issues.

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

I made a beef enchileda casserole yesterday and today we are having leftovers. I like to cook, but I like to eat even better :)

Just sitting here with dh in the living room, he's watching the pro-bowl....zzzzz. I hate fake football!

Can someone explain the "in my pocket thing". I've seen it on another thread too.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Sas, Thanks for the link. DH had a mild heart attack at age 49. They did an angiogram and CABG (5 bypasses). He did make changes in diet and exercise and has done well ever since. He's 74 now. He never did have high blood pressure. After surgery it was so low they kept asking him if he was dizzy.

• Smaarty

in your pocket means that people are thinking about you  and that you're not alone in whatever is happening in your life, ie surgery, scans, appointments, etc. we're being supportive.

What time are you going in tomorrow?

• camillegal

Tang now u'll really know how crazy everyone is---of course it's an expression, but we all get really teeny tiny and go with u in u'r pocket so u'r not alone---I guess when u'r in the operating room and u think about who's in u'r pocket it will make u smile. I've been in a lot of pockets, got injured from people stepping all over me--but we keep on going cuz we all care about our BC sisters a lot.

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

haha...love it! okay, I like that :)

I have to be there at 9am, surgery is 1030am.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Somebody bring coffee and I'll bring chocolate. 

Aly, hope all goes well for DB. 

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969

Badger- I LOVE the 5th Dimension and remember that song well. Marilyn McCoo had one of the best voices of that time. I saw the 5th Dimension recently on a PBS special that featured bands from the 60s and 70s. She still looks fabulous! Thank you for that lovely trip down memory lane!

This one is for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZcA3kiaQb0

• camillegal

OK Teka I've got my goggles, but keep u'r big feet off of me when u get in.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hope I can remember what you ordered.

this is mine, promise I won't spill it.

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

Arghhhhhh!!!! 

I've been back on Optifast for the past few days and have lost four pounds.

But we had a meeting tonight... the host's daughter had gone to a special store and bought a GORGEOUS gluten-free "Chocolate Decadence" cake... just for me and DH.  So how could I possibly refuse?

I said "Just a sliver!" and she cut a small piece. It was heavenly! And very dark... and chock full of caffeine. 

It's 1 a.m. I'm so buzzed, I could be awake til Thursday. Shocked

• Nettie1964
    Nettie1964 Member Posts: 627

just stopped by to see if anyone is around.  Not being able to sleep makes going to work very hard.

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Nettie, welcome! Not sleeping? Not so good. 

Blessings, good thing you didn't have much more! You might not sleep for weeks

• Alyson

Good night i'm off to my perch.

Seee you in the morning. whooooo

• Blessings2011

Nettie  -  sorry I missed you. I'm retired now, but I remember those sleepless work nights! Hope you nodded off.

2TA - Tootie! I know, huh? The whole time I was eating that cake I was saying "Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" in my head. Oh well, in bed, warm and cozy with the electric blanket on. Think I'll just mosey on over to Pinterest after this. I could be on this iPad til daybreak. Sweet dreams to you!

Alyson - snoozy little Owlette!!!

• budrfligal13
    budrfligal13 Member Posts: 105

Good morning ladies.  Since I bit the bullet and gave melatonin a try, Its actually been a miracle.  I can actually sleep, lol!!

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985

Morning, i am still trying to catch up on pages of post lol you girls are too fast lol

i am still here coldddddd why did i come to this side of the world???

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Enerva...beautiful owl photo...cold here also

Blessings..congrats on the weight loss, that cake sounded yummy

Good Morning Budrfligal...& all Owlettes

Last Monday of January....woohoo....

• Smaarty

well, now I'm on the other end, can't sleep after waking up to go pee at 5- 6 am.  The only good thing is I get things started before noon, after breakfast, reading the paper, playing games. 

Have to start on one of the bridesmaid dresses that I promised. See ya guys later.

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

When I had the MRI a week+ ago I was thinking that the folks in my pocket were probably getting a big headache. Next time I will bring along tiny cotton balls for your ears. :) 

Ginger

• Alyson

image Morning.

Thanks Ginger. It's not just the machine that makes a lot of noise!!!! 

Beautiful sunny morning, think it might get quite warm today. Thought you would like to know that.

• Holeinone

Alyson, warmth, what is that ? Foggy still here, freezing fog this morning.

Teka, sunset so early? At summer solstice, it stays light here until almost 10:00 PM

Smaarty, how many bridesmaid dresses are you on board to make?

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Sassy - catching up. Nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, ?itch or headache for the 5th one.

Ginger - I may have this wrong. Did you say you were from western KY originally? My SIL lives in Paducah - we may have discussed this b4 because of the quilt museum there.

Was an OK but cold morning very windy. Has clouded over now.

Deal on Mr. Bucky fell through. I had a bad feeling it would. I would have felt bad selling him to this person - I don't think she has a clue what owning a buck is like. It was several years after I got goats that I finally got a buck and I knew by then what they were like. He is just too sweet - though very stinky - to send him somewhere that might lead to him being abused or dumped. That's why I'm just catching up from yesterday. Down in the dumps really from it.

OO - cooking. I'm making potato blue cheese soup in the slow cooker in a bit. It only cooks for 4 hours so no need to put it on yet. You may be able to smell the onions and garlic from here. Need to see if there's any nice bread in the freezer. Grocery was selling bunches of bread mixes clearance - Oh My I will have to knead them. I do have an outstanding bread board I bought 2 years ago and never used. My bread maker last time I used it - a couple of years ago also - was making horrific noise. I can't seem to justify a new one. Also have makings for black bean chili. MM - meatloaf sounds good too Smaarty.

DH has done taxes preliminarily. Have to pay this year - not much but no refund. Was hoping for just a little. We need to buy a chipper/shredder - more than I need a new bread machine Sad

Tangandchris - Bet you're already done. Hope it all went stupendously. I know exactly where Royse City is. Used to live in Garland and went thru there many times. Do you have booming building there? I live now in NW Parker County. I love leftovers which we always have since only 2 of us. There is a Texas thread on here - not very active. We had talked of a get together after Christmas. Know 1-2 gals from 2012 times on here. I know Royse City is a ways out even from say Irving/Grapevine area. I'll try to post on it later today.

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

While I am from Chicago my family are all from Western Ky. Yes, I believe we did chat at some point about the wonderful quilt museum in Paducah. It is a must see event for all quilters or just lovers of art.  

:) 

• Smaarty

I agreed to make 4 bridesmaid dresses. Don't know what I was thinking. Got one cut out, pain in the butt. It has a full circle skirt. At least they aren't floor length. I'll set up the serger and then sew a little. Will get it done on Wednesday  and Thursday. This one is going out of town, sure hope it going to fit her okay. If I'm really good and in the mood, I'll start the next one next week. That just leaves 2 for April and May. 

• Holeinone

Smaarty,

Impressive ! 

Luvmygoats....soup sounds really good.  

• Blessings2011

Um, nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea... and abdominal pain?

~ ~ ~ 

Thanks, Holeinone! (Yeah, the cake was yummy, but DH paid for it too, with digestive pyrotechnics last night. Ooops, TMI)

~ ~ ~ 

Well, I got off Pinterest at 3:30 a.m. and got up at noon. Actually, that's a good thing... less time to eat before bedtime rolls around again!!! Gosh, I lead such an exciting life...

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Thank you Teka.... Just didn't want to post much.... you know how it goes...  It just kind of leaves you empty inside.... 

I had one of those "feelings" yesterday, when you know something is really wrong, and you can't "fix" it...  you just get sick inside... 

But we all had a great life together....  She really was my sunshine!  Thanks...