Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• mdnghtdeb3
    mdnghtdeb3 Member Posts: 125

So, what is up with the chocolate coke? LOL! Never heard of it and never tasted it. Hmmm. Am I missing something? LOL!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

thanks midnighty, as long as the drains come out and I can take a shower, then I'll have a good birthday.

• camillegal

image for Smaarty YYYAAAAYYYY

• camillegal

Deb a chocolate coke was super popular back in the day they had soda fountains,--Yes I remember and they were so good, don't even like coke but when u mix it with chocolate how can u go wrong.? I drank them too, just never think about it now, since I'm an adult and have much more to choose from.

• camillegal

image   Like this Deb

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

FOR SMAARTY: (starting early)

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

mdnghtDeb, 

Chocolate cokes were popular in the 60s, at the dime store, coffee shop. You are probably younger than most of us. I think they were a dime when I was 10 or so. Chevy said she remembered buying them for a  nickel....

• camillegal

Hole now u know how old Chevy is, cuz even mine were a dime---geeze she doesn't let go of something does she.?

Oh it's all right she's sleeping now so we can talk about her all we want.

In fact BTW they used to make I think it was called chocolate cola by Canfields for a while, or fudge chocolate cola and if u put a lot of ice it wasn't bad. But I don't see that anymore

• mdnghtdeb3

Camil - now those look very yummy! :) I will take one with a little umbrella please!

Holeinone - Omg...seriously, a dime? a nickel? Omg! ...but not really sure I would like choc coke. Hmmm. I'm thinking the umbrella drink from camil. LOL

• mdnghtdeb3

When are we serving up the cake and umbrellas? I'm ready!

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

a lot of catching up to do. Sheesh

Enerva, love all the cute owl pix. I must be looking in the wrong places.

Chevy, so is chocolate coke just that simple? Coke with chocolate syrup? Our closest Sonic is about 25 miles away, usually not in that area. I tried looking at the link, I just got an "AOL Oops page." Sounds like you have a regular show outside your window.

Love seeing all the clown stories, always brings a smile.

Made enchiladas for dinner, have a kitchen to clean. Amazing how long it takes to prepare, finished in a couple minutes, then a while to clean up. Would have been worth it if DH hadn't complained about everything. Should have just made it like a casserole, stacked like a lasagna, but rolled them individually as DH hates cheese (who hates cheese anyway?) while DD and I love it.

Would mention I just heard our weather report, but afraid I'd get my access to this thread taken away.

• camillegal

• camillegal

• camillegal

• 2nd_time_around

Cami, uh oh, was it something I said that you deleted 2 posts?

• mdnghtdeb3

Maddy...I'm with you...who hates cheese? Oh dear! Cheese goes with everything! LOL! I gave it up for Lent one year...never ever again! 

• 2nd_time_around

mnDeb, so agree, cheese and chocolate are two things there shouldn't be limits of (excuse ending a sentence with a dangling participle), and not eaten together of course! Ok, time to put down the Mexican hot chocolate and go clean up the kitchen. Hoping it doesn't take too long

• Holeinone

2ndtimeMaddy, got any leftovers? I love enchiladas, I had a baked potato & broccoli for dinner, boring

So lets have a fun umbrella drink, toast to Smaarty birthday & let the fun begin

Good idea Cami, Chevys sleeping, we will sneak out & get the party started

• mdnghtdeb3

Holeinone - Sound like a plan! Who's in? This could be a very interesting party. LOL!

• Holeinone

Deb, what are we drinking? I think a lemon-drop martini sounds tasty. They are strong but ohh so good. 

• mdnghtdeb3

Holeinone - That sounds yummy! Never had one, but I love lemon anything. So, lemon-drop martini it is! Can I still have an umbrella in it?

• Holeinone

oh ya, but 2 my  limit....cause I have become a light weight, no alcohol for 6 months has turned me into a whimp... I tested out Friday night at my "done with rads party", good red wine, hit me quick, but was oh so fun to indulge a little.

• Smaarty

I think we should have all of the above! If that doesn't cure d or c then the heck with it! I'll be 64 tomorrow. I can remember loaf of bread at .39. When I was making $3.50 an hour that was a good wage. 

• mdnghtdeb3

You had a "done with rads party"? Omg! I think that is awesome!!! Yay!!!

No alcohol allowed during rads?

Two is plenty. We will already have sugar buzz going with the chocolate cake on the side. LOL!

• mdnghtdeb3

Smaarty - it's your day! You get to have whatever you desire! :)

• Smaarty

have a good night.  Teka

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969

Mdngtdeb- I did not know about coffee opening up the airways. Will try that, thank you for sharing that!

I am just now finishing work, got a lot done by working at home today. But a very mixed day as I have had two friends who have lost family members this past weekend, and one called today about one of those losses. I knew her mom well and knew her mom was failing and the mom passed yesterday. We had a good long talk though, which felt good. My mom passed two years ago this March and just know how hard it all is at the end. Writing sympathy cards and going to a funeral this weekend.

But a nice surprise too, a friend from back east going to be in town and invited me to go up north to my fav hot springs in March for my birthday. Some hot spring soaking and girl time. I said "count me in."

What a day, time for bed!

• Holeinone

mdnghtDeb, 

Alcohol during rads in moderation, I think is fine. I did have a few beers, but was still feeling the after effects of chemo & trying to be sensible. 

I have read here & on the Komen board that you are supposed to abstain from alcohol or limit yourself to 3 drinks a week....that is going to be challenging during golf season,,,

• mdnghtdeb3

Jazzygirl - Yep. The coffee works when in a tight spot. The caffeine is a bronchodilator (kind of like your albuterol)! Really can help wheezing when no meds around or just not doing the trick. 

So sorry to hear about your friends, and your losses! Hugs!

Hot spring soaking AND girl time...awesome!