Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

Gosh, yes, Enerva - please do post your beautiful creations over on the Stitching the Pieces Together thread. The ladies will LOVE seeing them!

2TA - When you get done with your colonoscopy, come take mine for me! I've been putting it off forever. The one I had over ten years ago was fine... isn't that good enough? Winking

I'm on my desktop computer... I find it hard to post much on my iPad, since it takes FOREVER to tap out a post. But I stayed up for dinner, and now I think it's time to rest my whirly head. At least now I can walk without crashing into the furniture. 

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463

Enerva! You need to open a cake bakery, baby shower shop!

Blessings, so glad you were able to figure out what was going on.

More snow on the way for us!

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985

you too

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Enerva, you are so very talented! I know crocheting keeps my mind off my problems. Your cake is beautiful too!

• Enerva

Well that is it, i felt i was going to lose my mind then started baking lol then donated cakes at the poker ladies in my building then started to crochet mom show me the stitches then i went on youtube looking for patterns and went wild lol i was always crocheting until Chemo affected my hands so i put it away, now i am getting stressed out about my sister and my exchange surgery so Chevy suggested i crochet lol to avoid getting depressed and i will start tmw    

hope i sleep tonight 

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

E- love your stuff. If nothing else the baby clothes can be donated to various places.  The cake is beautiful. Your work is great.

Blessings-can't you just do the yearly poop test?

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

I'll never catch up!!

E-I love the baby booties you crotched!

hugs and love to all!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Blessing I'm glad u explained all of that cuz it's so confusing to me, and I didn't know there could be so many things either. I hope it passes quickly.

Enerva the talent u have is fantastic and u'r cake is to beautiful to eat. It looks so pretty like pretend. Oh u'r so talented, u have to get going again and use u'r talent that u honed so very well.

• PattyPeppermint
    PattyPeppermint Member Posts: 8,950

enerva wow that cake is beautiful. And u crotche. Wow. Girl u got skills!!!! 

Blessings - hope u r upright and about soon.  I used to have debilitating migraines everyday and experienced dizziness when they were the worst - maybe 1-2 days per week.  So sucked! was scared to drive becuz i never knew when it would hit.  Hope u wake up feeling better 

• Enerva

Thanks ladies 

Blessing hope you feel better soon, i hope we all get some sleep tonight, 

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

Thank you, sweet Owlettes, for your good wishes! I just feel stupid that I didn't recognize how stressed out that family member was making me... Or that I couldn't just let it bounce off me. DOH!!!

Smaarty - I have to find it first! It's in a box somewhere!

And now I am off to the Land of Nod ( I hope I hope I hope), right after I read a few more pages of my new "Behind The Scenes At Downton Abbey" book - such yummy pictures!

xoxoxo

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Thought some of you might like a snow owl.!!!

• camillegal

Thought I'd come and say good morning before I get started, I have to wash clothes, shower, feed my Katie-Kat and vacuum my room and organize my paper work for the day and end up sleeping most of the day--it's way to early. I hate when I wake up this early. Way to early and then I sleep on and off with my phone next to my ear.It's supposed to be warmer here today but some snow is coming tomorrow, I don't know how much they're just saying snow and for the next few days too, so we'll see what happens I think now it's anyone's guess cuz this is getting out of hand. I know it's below Zero now anyway so it's cold.

Someone said we change the clocks soon, when is it in arch now? I can never remember but I think it's March and that's spring forward so it's light later anyway, that kind of helps the evenings if the weather gets better soon.

Oh well just thought I'd let u know my exciting schedule for Wed.. cuz it's 1/2 way over. (the week I mean) 

• camillegal

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Morning Glories!  Enerva, WOW!  You do beautiful work.....  !  Yes, you should think about selling your handi-work on Ebay or somewhere! 

I am not that "professional" looking, with any of my scarves, or hats, or blankets...... I just start chain-stitching, and then it goes wild from there.... I don't, or haven't read a pattern... So I am  just in my own world....Ha!   I love to do "crafty" things...  but even your baking and decorating skills deserve to be displayed somewhere! 

Cammers!  We are going to warm up for the next few days!  I mean close to 60! 

And Aly, that is a beautiful Owl! 

Blessings...  You were talking about all that has happened to you.... and if it weren't for your diligence and research, and perserverance, you would probably be still blowing out in the wind!   I did so much research also..... about my sudden hearing loss, and TRYing to find a REASON....  Sure I could get the hearing aids, but WTH happened to me?  So it pays to be your own advocate!    Just simply being dizzy, is enough to drive someone nuts!  But all the rest, is just unbelievable!  

And yes.... stress can damage our bodies, in ways we don't even THINK about...  We have to stay cool, and calm.... like Cammi....  She can be our mentor.....Winking

Okay, so Sass must be sleeping!  She takes these breaks, where she is incognito!  And then we are left to fend for ourselves!  It's like we are floating aimlessly in this sea of despair!   Can we muddle through? 

She is done working tirelessly, and endlessly  with her owls, getting them all organized, and she takes off!   With nary a care in the world!  She leaves her fledgelings to fledge for themselves! 

Oh woe is me.......................... sniff.....................

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Okay, I found this.... maybe, just MAYbe, this could help some of you gals?

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/ss/slideshow-...

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Chevy, you're so funny and dear my little turtlehead. I was here yesterday afternoon :) I wake up every morning and can't wait to come see how you've brought all of us together after each 24 hours of posting. You catch all the smallest details.

I just love this thread. We all have are awful things to deal with, but I feel so happy how we all take care of each other. Can't remember when I felt so good about knowing folks.

Enerva, I followed you to stiching to see how it went. Your joy of finding women that share your love of creating jumped off the screen. I know you won't forget us, but very happy you found a group like them. There are allot of very good women there. I agree wholeheartedly with everyone, that you should pursue your crotche (sic?) as a career or job. Do not underestimate your skill. Your creations are very sale-able(sic). Ebay and Estsy are viable avenues. Low overhead b/c you don't need a shop. You already know how to create the product. You can post pictures. Pricing is a little research project. Contact the Small Business Association. They usually have volunteers that help newbies set up a business plan and may even help with grant money.( money you don't have to pay back). They have low interest loans for start up money. 

Someone here may recognize this. There is an international organization that funds womens businesses, It was initially started by a woman in Africa. Liberia I think.. She went on to get a Nobel prize or some major world recognition, maybe through the United nations. There were Chapters being set up around the world. The chapters gave guidance and start up money. Does this ring any bells for anyone??

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969

Thought for the day and trying to take my own advice this week! 

• sas-schatzi

Littlegoats, This link is to the constipation page Re: the question on scopes from Flaviarose Re: safety of scopes. She raised a legitimate question. But the CBS news article I fear may have wrecked havoc on the importance of scopes b/c of the risks. But everything has risk. Anyways if you can look at my response to see if it communicated the necessity of scopes. Perhaps I should have added how to evaluate a center that offers scopes? 

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/6/topic/78...

Blessings, I too have BPPV , but from onset of first symptoms to diagnosis was around 48hours. BPPV is only one condition , you have multiple. The composite of all your diagnoses, accomplished by your own research was amazing. After i was dx'd and studied the condition, one fact that stuck was that many went un-diagnosed for years. Just as you.

I thought about your description of each of your conditions. This is not meant to be funny. To me it's a very reasonable scientific observation. If you compare each of your descriptions to the old time "Fun House" in carnivals. There is a connection to what each section of the fun house was trying to accomplish by playing with the brains section controlling a perception and balance, and thus the brains control of the body and sense of the body in space, time, and equilibrium. I would hazard a guess research would show that the early days of creating those "Fun Houses" brought together people that had the conditions you describe, not a diagnosis, but they knew what they were seeing and feeling. They then  went on to create something that could produce those feelings/preceptions in someone else artificially by altering the surroundings.

On STFU, we had a discussion about Optic Migraines. Myself, Chevy, Aly, I think Spookie, and several others had them. The statistic in the population was I:200. Yet we had many in a small group. Chevy brought the question up on one of her other threads and found multiple women there. The question it raised for me was: What was the connection between the high incidence of optic migraines in a group that had another common diagnosis which is BC?.  It was just too odd to have so many concentrated in a small group.

• sas-schatzi

Chevy the slideshow is very very good :)  I'm going to add it in the topic box. BUT BUT BUT, it may set the owls aflying. 

Aly If the owls are awry, it's Chevy's fault LOL.

• sas-schatzi

CHIT< CHIT CHIT---those birds just don't like their roosts being messed with. Sheesh. I didn't even get near them.

• Enerva

Sas thanks, no i am not living this tread i love it here. Even if some time or most times i am lost lol

Sas where you birds watching? 

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Sasafrass, those owls are wanting to take over, large & in charge !

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Cami. Yes, the time change is March 9, and I'm excited. I heard from a good source that Florida will be staying on it permanently. I hope that's true. 

SAS, migraine is something I don't get. Do remember that discussion. 

Teka. OMD that bus is so funny I about fell out of my chair. I drove those for 17 years, not one like that. 

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

Sas-I know what you are talking about...the start up business thing...but I can't think of the name either. There was something similar in India as well. It involved people getting loans for businesses and paying back what they could when they could. I think its the same thing...maybe?

• mdnghtdeb3
    mdnghtdeb3 Member Posts: 125

Only have a minute right now, but Jazzygirl...Love it!

• sas-schatzi

Tang, maybe it was a chapter from Liberia or vis-versa LOL. I'll see what I can find. I'm sure it's Liberia though. The woman went through genocide times in her country. Started from scratch this organization to bring women together and give them a chance at economic freedom. Her life story was amazing. They wanted her to run for President in Liberia, but she felt she couldn't do her work and not play politics.

E, Teka, H-I-1, I added the link that Chevy had in her post this morning, I knew the birds don't like any disturbance, but the link was important--------OH well, I'll try and get them back on their roosts :)

• sas-schatzi

Spookie----serious ----no more daylight savings ----what a blessing that would be :)

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

The gal that told me is a flight attendant. Would directly affect her work. Would be Florida only, said it's all ready done in Tally. 

• sas-schatzi

Okay they are on their roosts. It seems the little frazzled brown owl that needs coffee is the trouble maker. But I am getting quicker at fixing them LOL They don't intimidate me any more. Chevy I remember you saying that about your chickens awhile ago.