Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Cute Chevy. My dog ran to the window to find the barking dog. Mudd - wonder what he does to deserve that?

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985

OMG i am lost again need to go read front the top lol 

Vzla s situation today is terrible :( it could ve a civil war 

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969

Enerva- this is just terrible news. Prayers for your country of origin and your family there.

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985

Thanks i am worry about my sister going to need surgery wile this is going on. 

Thanks for the info i will check it out Sass

for the business idea 

• Miminiemi
    Miminiemi Member Posts: 260

Bluebird - those knitted knockers are beautiful. And Enervai cannot rave enough about your creations, both crouched and sweet.  I have only one more week of rad.  I'm happy to say I have been hired to do a birthday celebration for a 60 year old guy to surprise him at a bowling tournament sunday.  It feels good to be confident enough to accept the job.  Sleep well you night owls.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

I haven't heard what's going on over at Busch. Don't have TV. It's a good hour west of me. A pretty nasty squall line came in off the Gulf about 4, picked Kris up from groomer during the rain. He was whining to get home, really bad lightening strike above my car. Scared him quiet, into the corner. Will cool off tomorrow but nothing like the rest of the country

• spookiesmom

oh I'm tired all right. Busch is east from me

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

spookie is it coming my way --directly across from you. Looked at weather map when LMG's s said something. Ran dogs right away. About 45 minutes ago had to put shats thunder shirt on---rain, but not to unusal. But shats is usually a good barometer.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

OMG by the time I catch up, I'm exhausted= Yes it's true I got kicked out of girl scouts when I was young and fired as a brownie leader when I was old--chit they didn't pay me-so how could they fire me?? Silly people. But I was a teachers aid for a year just once a week and I was allowed to stay as long as I didn't give any of my opinions to the kids--again I didn't get paid Geeze--Oh and that when I worked 2 jobs and raising my kids my myself--I think they figured I might talk about how lousy men were those days or something I don't know. Boy did I have energy hahaha---Now I walk across the house and I have to rest my back is so bad-hahaha Oh it could be worse.

I'm watching the Beatles again--oh what a great show.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938

♥ and ((hugs)) and a great big smile!

• camillegal

Teka to true.

• spookiesmom

Aas I thought you were northeast from me? So can you make the 22, chair or not?

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463

Just wanted to wish tangandchris good luck. It will be done before you know it. We're all pulling for you!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Teka, Your recipe looks like my Mom's. Hers said to make logs from the dough, wrap in foil and freeze. Then you just slice and bake. I loved them because they're crispy and so many oatmeal cookies aren't. Mom's was great to have on hand so you could just slice and bake for visitors and they would be impressed because they thought you always had cookies baked. This was, of course, in the distant past when women wore dresses, heels and aprons in the kitchen (think Betty Crocker).

Best wishes for continued power for all of you caught in the bad weather. This is just endless!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Snuggle up and keep warm.

• mdnghtdeb3
    mdnghtdeb3 Member Posts: 125

Big hugs to all the wonderful ladies here! Trying to catch up, but wow...busy, busy place! All I remember is a few smiles and a few sad faces...so, hugs to all! xo

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

Thanks for the well wishes ya'll! I'm feeling more at ease, the xanax, ice cream, and herb have helped. I hope you won't think less of me if I admit that I have from time to time partaken in MJ since this dx.

I will be going thru 6 rounds, once every 3 weeks. After that rads, they told me 5-6 weeks once day!

I don't know that I will sleep much tonight, but that is okay. I'm trying to focus on kicking cancer's ass tomorrow, rather than the fear of the unknown and all the SE's.

love and kisses!

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

tang, 

Believe me, we all support you & that is not a issue on this thread, seems like everyone agrees with herbs or does not care...

Tomorrow will be ok, the side effects, if you are typical will start Thurs. evening, at least that was my experience. I ate ice cream almost every night during chemo, I was trying to get some calories in...

• tangandchris

oh you think the effects will start the night of chemo? how long do they typically last....like how many days

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

no sorry, I messed that up, my side effects started the next day ( so Fri. For you ) in the evening. 

The first few treatments you might just feel really tired & flu like for a few days. The chemo is cumulative, so it does get more difficult towards the end. 

I have read  plenty of posts from women that said the breezed through chemo, everyone is different. I was pretty weak.

• mdnghtdeb3
    mdnghtdeb3 Member Posts: 125

Tang - Holeinone is right! Nobody is thinking of anything but giving you lots of hugs and support right now! I haven't had chemo, but I do start rads soon! I can't begin to imagine how you are feeling. I can't offer any advice about chemo, but please know you will be in my thoughts and prayers, sweetie!!! 

• tangandchris

I have heard of this too...getting thru chemo w/o any issues. This would be great, but that is not the norm I know.

I'm already anemic and have a vitamin B deficiency...so I'm think I'm going to be tired.

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

I'm not even trying to catch up, I'm so far behind.

Sweet dreams or good morning!

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Blessings, too funny! Where do you find these things?

• camillegal

Who asked about MJ??? Hell it's legal in a couple of states now--we all want to live in those state, so no judging here that's for sure. And everyone is so different--the first 4 months I got chemo weekly and the first 2 days I worked and felt great then Thurs I stated slowing down but I kept it up for 4 months---Then after I still got it weekly but different cocktails, so I didn't work for another year and 1/2 cuz then I was getting lazy. so it's different. Now I'm retired and I work my little job at home----And BTW NO JUDGEMENT here at all. LOL

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Morning girls!   I just wanted you to see what KEPT ME UP THE WHOLE DAMN NIGHT!   So this morning I get up and sent this letter to my "Dear Daughter that won't listen in Orlando....."   And tell me if you think she will get the point!  I need help with this, before I go nuts!

"Okay, I woke up again in the middle of the night, and could NOT go back to sleep.....  It's like you get something on your mind, and you can't chase it off, no matter how hard you try....

So I'm up at midnight until 2, giving my mind a break.  I watched cops, until even I know how to book a drunk!

So after I helped all of  them out, I could take off my clothes, take my hearing aids out, shut the lamp and TV, and get on with sleeping.

Seems my main concern is your sweet persistence that you are bound and determined to get us a dog, on an emergency basis when you come out here!  I wake up in the middle of the night, and get this sinking feeling, that you will take matters into your own little two hands, and bring us home another D.O.G..........  I'm afraid if you did it THIS time, we would send it home with YOU to Orlando.

THAT'S IT!  WE WILL COME OUT THERE, AND GET YOU OUR BEAUTIFUL SHERI, A NICE LITTLE BULL MASTIFF, OR SOME SORT OF COMPANION, FOR YOU, MY LITTLE SWEET PEA!

So just consider this your monthly "WE DO NOT WANT YOU TO GET US NO DAMN DOG." 

We love you sweetheart, but you seem to relentlessly get these things stuck in your mind, and you can't let them go.... it is like a dog with a bone!  You can't give it up....

I'm going to try this once more.....  Honey, when we want a dog, we will get one.... might be next month, (highly unlikely) or next year, or maybe even never!   

I even paragraphed all this nicely, in the hopes that it would be easier to read and understand... 

What I'm trying to say is....  We are both doing just fine, and the two little puppies you have given us, have made us forever eternally grateful, but I would like for you to consider this important thought, that we don't want you to do this again...... Wait, let me re-iterate this point once more......

"Honey, don't you dare get us another dog.... not this year, not next year, and probably never." 

Okay..... so guess that's all the news for now....  I woke up in a cold-sweat, with that sinking feeling, just KNOWING my little Sheri, has this bug in her bonnet, and will surprise us with another dog..

Please, oh bright one.... just know that I will send that dog back, like Dad says..... by "air-mail" and you will wind up with one, whether you want one or not.  

Me and Dad want to play now.... and not worry about hurrying home to tend our other Son/Daughter.....  We want to take cruises, and climb mountains....  Walk barefoot up a 14er!  In the snow!   We want to gamble and stay all night..... every night, and not never go home!

How's that?   So if you want me to explain it even "clearer"....I can't.

Love you oh getsomethinginherheadandwon'tletitgo Daughter!!

All my love..... Mom! xoxoxoxoxo"

• camillegal

Good Morning Ladies.

Well Chevy u made u'r self clear to me, but if u'r DD is like u FORGETABOUTIT, now just for a reference

although I find it hard to believe u'll be walking in the snow, or gambling all nite, it was good to throw in. But I have to say I did the same thing and within a month I got another cat and I said to my DD I will not take care of her, well that's the one who sleeps with me now and cuddles like crazy. So they know we're hurting but they still think they can solve the problem so they feel good. Pardon the expression, but it might fall on deaf ears--so be semi-prepared but not completely. But u didn't completely convince me--I think u went to far when u said u'd stay up all night--to to much--We all know u'r limit is like 8-9 PM so u should have left that out. Maybe u will hold her off for a while, but I know how u feel--cuz the mourning isn't over. 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 942

Cami, I taped the Beatles, but haven't watched it yet. Since this is the 50th Anniversary since they hit American soil, I've been thinking all week about them and their impact on me.

I had just turned 13. The news showed them getting off the plane in NYC. My mom pointed them out to me. I thought they looked Totally Disgusting with all of that long hair. Then on Sunday night we watched them on the Ed Sullivan show. My parents were still disgusted, but I was smitten! Head over heels for Paul McCartney!

A few months later I asked my dad for their album, Meet The Beatles. It was $2.99 or so. He said, "no." I told him I'd run away if I didn't get it. To which he replied, "I'll buy you a suitcase." Lol