Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• mdnghtdeb3
    mdnghtdeb3 Member Posts: 125

Good Morning! :)

Chevyboy -  If I got that letter from my Mom..I would run out and get her a dog right away. Just kidding! Honestly, I think you made your point very clear. 

Tang - Thinking of you! xo

• PattyPeppermint
    PattyPeppermint Member Posts: 8,950

gm ladies

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Paula--he's buy a suitcase---that's hysterical. LOL--Oh I loved the show watched it 2x.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Wren - I think you're right about slice/bake cookies. The ever prepared hostess in her apron.

OK someone give me a lesson in resizing images. Can copy/paste no problem but I'm not using the tabs in the composing box. Up until a month or so you got an edit box in image but not anymore. Help

• luvmygoats

Tang - no judgement here. I've never tried it but then I've not faced chemo so I'm certainly not one to judge. Our gov. and the presumed Democratic candidate both seem to favor legalization in Texas. I would not have bet on that in a million years. Heck this state can't even figure out gambling but sounds like we'll get MJ sooner rather than later - at least medical. My county only became wet a few years ago. Once the 1st one is done you'll feel better. Thinking of you now - 10:30.

Chevy - I completely understand about the dog. I think I want another one but realistically this is prob. our last. If we wanted to travel, stay out all night, etc. it would certainly be. I have a good vet and boarding but she did not eat the last time she was there, even her food. They tried all the chicken free food they had. I'm pretty sure it's not the chicken but she still hasn't had any. Cats are different. Litterboxes can wait a couple days if you leave them clean and food/water left out. DD leaves hers for 2 nights only but she cat sits for someone who goes for a week at a time - paid well for it so a boon for her.

• luvmygoats

Paula - my mom said close to the same thing. Something like go ahead and do it. Where ever you go, they'll send you back. DD never made the threat, she knew she had it good.

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

tang-hope you get through this ok. In your pocket and wherever else would help.

Ladies, I have a question. Last night it took 2 pain pills before my right arm, upper area, but underneath would stop hurting. Now it's under the shoulder blade. No fever, feeling a little crappy. Do you thing it's anything to do with the implants?

• luvmygoats

Smaarty - Gosh me neither. Question - are you the one who had shoulder problems after surgery or was that someone else?  It was on Insomniacs. Has righty been a problem b4? Probably worth a call to PS/BS before the day gets away from you. That's what they get paid for.

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985

Oh i have so much to read here, 

Tang i am sending you hugs, hope it all pass and you get well soon.

someone gave me this in our single ladies tread. i want to share with you ;)

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Chevy first--- I had my first chocolate coke at Sonic HMMMMMM. Second, if they did it before they'll do it again, but you tried. I have had dogs my entire life and as you wouldn't have traded your two I wouldn't of traded any of mine. But only a few trips were ever taken b/c we made the dogs a priority.  It would be nice to travel even for alittle while.

Blessings Too funny, I put it in the topic  box. the owls flew around, btu I put them right back on their perches. Used to take me and hour os so, now it's a couple of minutes LOL.

• sas-schatzi

Teka one of my Brits did that with lipstick ---of course the carpeting had only been in a couple of weeks, 

Soteria---I wasn't paying attention---only caught the last 15 minutes of the Beatles. Sure hope the replay it.

Spookie, still don't know about the 22nd. I'll ket you know when I know.

Well good news about the rocker. The owner that I thought so highly of regretfully is ill for last 3-4 weeks----not happy he's sick, but happy my rocker is likely going to be okay. Worried that the taking apart and putting back together might have been a problem. A Humdy-dumpty thing. A metal bentwood shaped rocker highly unusal. That's why I'm re-doing it right. could last avery very long time done well.

• sas-schatzi

Smarrty LMG quote "Probably worth a call to PS/BS before the day gets away from you. That's what they get paid for.  I ditto :)

LMG I'll try and write later how to size ---those owls keep misbahving so I'm getting pretty quick LOL

• mdnghtdeb3
    mdnghtdeb3 Member Posts: 125

Enerva - Love the bottle of wine!!! :)

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Luvmygoats, Where did you get a photo of my family? It looks so much like some I have. The kid in back would be my mother (who died in her 20's), woman on the right her mother (whom I call Mom because she raised me), and the one on the left, her mother (my great grandmother). Perhaps the farm in the photo is a little nicer than theirs. Ggma always wore that apron and Mom had the dress. They lived in Missouri and Kansas, so even the landscape looks right.

• luvmygoats

I had great fun looking at vintage apron images. Makes me want to entertain someone - anyone. Cocktails at 6?

• sas-schatzi

I know there are places in the country that have it awful bad with the weather, BUT today in the vicinity of kennedy space center-------it's stunning. Bright blue skies. Crisp air. Blowing nicely. Long pants and sweater temp. Delightful.

I run my dogs on a back road next to a horse ranch. Schatzi --german wired haired pointer --gorgeous dog 75 lbs. I can run her off leash. I drive in the car behind her. She has the freedom dogs love. She doesn't bother the horses or the gopher tortoises. Trouble though if the pesky cat shows up. Then she dives into the woods. Dini is the lab also 75lbs. I run Dini on a leash from the car.

They love it. Today was special b/c of the weather. Usually they run .8 miles. Today, I let each of them run +- 2 miles. They signal when they are done by running closer to the car. It took a long time to train them. They each run at there own pace. Usually about 10 mph. When they open up it's 19-20 mph.

Talk about smiling dogs :)

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

Hello ladies, just checking in real quick....I'm home from the first chemo. I'm feeling a little queasy so I took one of my meds to help that. IDK if its just in my head or the real thing, the onco nurse said I'd probably start feeling SE's later in the weekend. I'm getting TAC, my pee was red once, now its okay. Tomorrow I go back for my iron infusion and neulesta shot.

hugs and love!

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

tang, 

Glad you reported in, we all want to know when someone is getting tx, & are home, safe and getting comfy. Rest, water, & eat whatever sounds yummy. 

ONE DOWN !   :)))

• Enerva

Oh ya it was the same for me, red pee and Newlasta shot the next 24 hours. Hang in there you may have SE even tonight i ll have you in my thoughts. Wish times pass fast. 

big hug 

• camillegal

Tang we've been waiting for u---drink is right loads of water, loads and rest whenever u feel like it, just take it easy.

LOVE THE WINE

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

I'm going to rest now...while the 4 year old is at pop and nana's house! :) I'll check in with ya'll later

• Smaarty

the arm and back are better. I put a heating pad on my back this morning.  Maybe it just reached a peak. 

Tang, glad the first one done, hoping you have little or no SE. Did any of you have bright emerald green pee after bmx or lmx?

You guys see the newspaper article about mammograms and stopping them? Says no benefits or reduced death rates.

• sas-schatzi

Tang Hugs, trying to drink enough water can be tough, but keep it up. As H-I-1 said one down. Oh yeah, long time ago you asked about iron infusion. Don't recollect ever doing it--therefore, clueless. Did you get the answers you need. If not I'll research it. Should be a short search

• sas-schatzi

Smarrty, Haven't seen it . YAY.        Hope they substitute MRI. 

• Smaarty

It sounds more like they want to eliminate any type. This is a little bit of it if you want to research: 

The study, published Tuesday in The British Medical Journal, is one of the few rigorous evaluations of mammograms conducted in the modern era of more effective breast cancer treatments. It randomly assigned Canadian women to have regular mammograms and breast exams by trained nurses or to have breast exams alone.

Researchers sought to determine whether there was any advantage to finding breast cancers when they were too small to feel. The answer was no, the researchers report.

• Enerva

I agree, Mammo was not of used in my case, and so brutal and painful 

• camillegal

Mine was stupid I thought, my tumor was on the bottom (one of them) and it was so big it had to be lifted up on the mammo thingy--oh of course I was laughing cuz I knew I needed more than a mamo so why bother.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Mine was found by mammo and would have been in my chest wall before a lump could have been felt. Of course, even the mammo missed the 2nd one. Someone here brought up quality of life. BC found early needs much less drastic treatment and that affects QOL. I'm tired of all the 'we're treating cancers that wouldn't have become a problem' which they're saying about both BC and prostate cancer. Until they can reliably tell the difference, they should shut up.

• camillegal

Teka u are so right.

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969

Hi Insomniacs- my bc was found my annual mammo. Close to the chest wall to and no symptoms. It seems it had been hanging out there a couple years as DCIS on earlier films, and there was never any follow up for additional views or ultrasound. I changed insurance in 2012 which had me going to a different (and more state of the art) breast imaging center. It was there I was told "this has been there since 2009 but no changes, until now." It was right then I knew.

The MRIs done found some DCIS on the other side. No invasive behavior though. The radiologist said "we were surprised to find that there." An important reminder mammos don't find everything. 

I think the year I got diagnosed was the year they started saying there was not a benefit to begin screening at 40. Maybe start later or do less often. There is a lot of debate about when to start and the frequency of mammos  still.

I read the same study that just got published. I think the researchers are learning more about cancer with the advanced genetic testing they are doing now. But no one really knows if it will come back and for whom. They just try to quantify your risk based on your pathology and genetics test. My onctype score was 15, cut in half by talking the AI drugs. 

I was one of those where it was found super early and had less treatment. Double lumpectomy and internal rad on both sides. I will take arimidex for five years. I now go for 6 month follow ups (next one begins tomorrow) that include the bilateral mammo. I will follow that protocol and hope for the best.