Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Love you guys!  Ooohhhhhhhhhh!  She made 5 owls!  We have 5 now, damnit!   

Last night sucked!  Other than that, everything is fine!  I only had Xstrength Tylenol....  He'll pick up Oxycodone or whatever this morning....  I got out a bag of frozen spinach for my hip....  

It will all get better....  I'm just not used to hurting, and not moving....  glad you all are here...

Thinking of you Enerva.... I'm sorry

Oh?  I see a Farirydog?  I LOVE that name!!!  Are you real?  You are running?  Man!  If I could just WALK right now, I would be elated....!

Thank you soooooo much Sass!  Glad I could talk to you and whine....  xoxoxoxo

• mdnghtdeb3
    mdnghtdeb3 Member Posts: 125

Alyson - That is great news!!! 

Chevy - Sorry you had a rough night. I can't imagine only having tylenol...take that oxy the minute you get it! Big hugs! xo

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969

Chevy- welcome back and sorry to hear about all you have gone through. Wishing you a quick recovery.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Chevy.......take it easy, so glad you are home....Let the pesky chicken neighbors take care of themselves. DH can bring you chocolate cokes and let the healing begin. Are you weight bearing? 

Thinking of you.....

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

The picture is from Crestview FL north of Ft. Walton Beach and about 1/2 way to the Alabama border. Significantly west of Tallahassee. Snowon big island in Hawaii is not uncommon. We moved from Honolulu to El Paso in  Feb.1963 and parents had to send to the big island for antifreeze for their car.

http://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news...

FairyDogMother - there is research that the bright lights of monitors and TV interfere with going to sleep. Worth a try. Some people it bothers not a bit and others sensitive to it. Are they fracking for gas up there? I see the earthquakes have moved to OK Guthrie area. We still have earthquake monitors out from SMU. Glad your client day went well.

Chevy - good morning. Hope by now DH has been out and you have your pain med. Remember you ARE recovering from surgery major. No chicken sitting. You are to be waited on.

Tang - just take one day at a time. Someone gave the advice and it's probably someone on here: I can make it thru the next five minutes. Wow - I did. Now I can make it thru 5 minutes more. Then as things get better make that a longer length of time. Make lists - put them everywhere esp. since you have a youngun. Did you get to enjoy some of this sun? I think warmer tomorrow and maybe some of this wind will die down.

Tang - Maybe put a little Greek yogurt into those cheerios to bind them. Smoothies with it. Bland meat - chicken salad. Plain turkey. I remember in early preg. I ate deli turkey/white bread no condiments.

Alyson - Yay for the stupendous news. NED is Good! Keep him around.

Yes MNDeb - down for a pocket party on the 28th.

Good morning Teka. More coffee needed here.

• Holeinone

Teka, 

Thanks for the joe, just what I need right now...

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938

Good morning!  Smile

• badger

sure thing, Teka, I have an extra cup handy.

I love coffee, I love tea
    I love the Java Jive and it loves me
    Coffee and tea and the java and me
    A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup, a cup 

I love java, sweet and hot
    Whoops Mr. Moto, I'm a coffee pot
    Shoot me the pot and I'll pour me a shot
    A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup, a cup

Oh slip me a slug from that wonderful mug
    And I'll cut a rug just snug in a jug
    A sliced up onion and a raw one
    Draw one -
    Waiter, waiter, percolator!  Happy

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Smarrty can't remember if I put the Replacements.com page link for your bubble glass by anchor hocking. It was easier to go back to replacement then to find it on our pages.

http://www.replacements.com/webquote/AHCBUBR.htm

Replacements.com was started years ago. It's a business with the intent to sell what they have to the public. What they have become though, is the biggest library of china , glass, silver, pewter, collectible bric brac. I use it as a major resource for identifying everything they track. It is the most current source also for pricing. Without them so much of our history in this regard would be lost.

Pricing is relative. Value is established by sale price. I had 5 glasses in cobalt that I thrifted at the Spca for $10. I needed a 6th for the set. Found "one' On Ebay. I paid 23.95 for the one glass. So, the highest price for your bowl is $24. The highest sold I found was 34. What I like is to get something for a few bucks, then find it has a much higher price. Would I pay the higher price ---depends.

If you can post some of your aunts other pieces that aren't Bubble. I would love to search them for you. it's a hobby

What I found interesting is I have NEVER seen your pattern before. There are about 10 or so colors of it. It was produced for a very long time. Predictably, I should have seen it allot. Because there were so many colors and produced for several decades, it tells me it was a very good seller for them.

• sas-schatzi

Tang How are you? has friends or family come forward to help you and the baby? Try the local churches even if you aren't a memeber. Ask you insurance company for a Social Worker referral. They keep them on staff. They come to the house and review resources that may be available in all areas of need. Hugsand prayers. sassy

• sas-schatzi

Badger is that one of your haikus? You have a knack :) 

• sas-schatzi

LMG's don't know if it was me re: the 5minutes, but I did use the 10minutes --5 minutes when things would get sooo busy at work. When I'd say we can get through the next one minute, you know we were in choas LOL. Usually that was in ER. Glad not to be in that anymore, my adrenal glands aren't up to that anymore.

• badger

LOL thanks Sassy, it's the Java Jive song.

Here's a fun version by the Manhattan Transfer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pULXnVTRynY

and here's the original version by the Ink Spots in 1941

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMJS0ti6P0s

• luvmygoats

Two versions of my fav. coffee song #1 Frank Sinatra #2 Eydie Gorme. The Frankie one has the lyrics on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3MqmV47Lq8&feature...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQq2QmYwy_4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Coffee_Song

Don't think I've ever heard the Java Jive before.

Well, never got the extra coffee. Off to do that now. Have another puny goat - she's 10. But she's eating, don't know what her problem is. Last really puny one I had would not eat anything for several days. Not this one, will eat anything except her reg. grain/hay. Took her for walkies for dandelions, weeds and lovely dried leaves.

• mdnghtdeb3

Luvmygoats - Greek yogurt is a great suggestion. Protein is very important and Greek yogurt can have up to I believe it is...20g for some varieties. I had a smoothie this morning with unsweetened almond milk, protein powder (25g), and a greek yogurt. The shaker bottles work great for this. Super easy, inexpensive, and quick. I read somewhere that we should get 1/2 our weight in protein per day. :) Oh, and I love pocket parties...I'm in for the 28th! :)

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,629

Hmmm, I used the ten minutes for getting through all my chemo.  Seems so long ago now, but it did keep me going very well.  I was not able ( just too icky most of the time ) to read here.....and just discovered it within myself because a couple of times.....going forward seemed too hard.  Of course, doing the ten minute thing kept me going  and I'm so grateful now. 

Lilli

• sas-schatzi

MNdeb---whats up on the 28th? 

My thyroidectomy is scheduled for the 28th too. That thing with the polyurethane sensitivity, they already have a box labeled for me in the satelite facility. I'm guessing they have one in ER besides OR.  

• Holeinone

Sas, 

Will it be out patient? In and out in 6 hours? Is it a difficult recovery or long? Lots of friends on thyroid meds, but do not remember any one having it removed. 

I think Deb might start rads on the 28th, not positive though...

• luvmygoats

Poopy doopies - my mistake -  the 28th on another thread. Wondered why I couldn't find it. Sorry. (Hanging head)

MNDeb - OK let's start again. When do you start rads?

• Holeinone

Luvmygoats, 

No worries, I am in a constant state of screw ups...

Need to get MOVING, it's scary how lazy I am getting, dirty house, who cares...dishes in the sink, oh well. Forget to pay a bill, there is always mañana.....

• mdnghtdeb3

Oh dear! I think I misunderstood...I thought luvmygoats needed a pocket party. :)  ...but sas, we can have one for you! xo 

My first RO appt is tomorrow, and MO on thursday. Not sure when rads starts. Thinking in another week or so? 

• sas-schatzi

What a HOOT my dear Owlettes. If Iyou read the last bit of posts. WE're All  screwed up LOL. I think a quick review of Who's on First is appropriate , be back with link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTcRRaXV-fg

• Holeinone

Sas, chit girl, I was oblivious to how dysfunctional we were sounding this morning, thanks for pointing it out.

• sas-schatzi

H-I-!----at least were all together on it. I find that very comforting. Group hug :)

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

SAS, I will get pics but it won't be until next week, I'm going out of town this weekend, if I can drive.

For everybody else, have a good day if possible, hang in there, and best wishes to all.

• Chevyboy

You guys are so funny!  Love the cartoon Teka!  YES!  Damnit, it hurts!  But DH is coming with the Ocycodone soon!  I took 2 Tylenol at 6:30 this morning, and really, it helps!   And I can put weight on it!  Someone asked that!  I can roll around here with my walker, fill the washer, fill ice cube trays, get them back in the freezer, without getting toooooo much water on the floor!  AND other than that DH is just a sweetheart, helping me with everything.....

AND I finally went to the bathroom!  That just helps!  I have to go fix a chocolate coke..... THEN I will be up and runni...... I mean up and..... well down.  Ha! 

Talk to you all later!  Thanks for the well wishes..... just remember I am not SICK, like the nurse said,  I am just BROKEN!  I just cracked up!    Oh wait!  I just made a joke!  "I cracked up".......  So you have to laugh now! 

And my Brother said.....  Femur?  I thought that was a small furry animal.....  !  No sympathy.... 

And Cammi, just thinks I was out alley -walking and tripped on my high  heels!   And No, we didn't call an ambulance, to get those foxy looking EMT guys!  I just slowly tried to turn over, moan, groan, pull my self up on my husbands pant legs, he tried to help, whine..... And finally he held me in front of him..... My left leg was just plain dead.  I couldn't even touch my toe on the cement!  My show didn't even come off!   So lucky our neighbor's Son came by, with his wheel-chair in his car, and they carted me back home.... 

They called a wench to get me out of the car....  well, sort of....  Damn it hurt!  But I'm as good as new now.... in about 3 weeks!  xoxoxoxoo  Thanks y'all!

And Nurse Sassy, thank you!  My Daughter in Orlando calls her little Sister, here in Denver.... "Nurse Ratchet"..... She has been helping us soooo much, ever since this happened.    xoxoxoxo

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

DID SOME ONE SAY COFFEE?

• badger

((Chevy)) glad you're feeling well enough to post but hoping by now you're floating on a cloud of pain meds.

LMG, thanks for "The Coffee Song"!  I'd heard it before - waaaay back when - so it was a good memory.

Now I know three songs about coffee, including Bob Dylan's "One More Cup of Coffee".  Good afternoon!

• sas-schatzi

OMG, Chevy, I'm the nurse from "One flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest". Lordy, and one of my paramedic classes called me the " Iron Lady" when I put half the class on probation. They weren't taking the math test on drug administration serious.  Okay, I'm Nurse Ratchet the Iron lady. Ominous. 

Aly, I will try to put the coffee owls in the gallery. I'm going to substitute it for the frazzled brown one that keeps everyone flying around when I go in there

• Chevyboy

I love ALL the owls Sass!  I just thanked the Mods for their post, and told them you are a GOOD nurse!  Ha!  DH brought me home a Lobster Tail, with the Oxycodone.... But I might have it tomorrow night, and soup tonight....  I think the pills are maybe working!

It's funny how much pain you have before you will give in and take something!     So yes Badger... I'm climbing on that cloud!  Winking