Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Chevy, lobster & oxy....add a choc coke & you are in business.

What a sweet DH to buy lobster..so happy you are home, sounds painful but glad it wasn't worst.

Take it easy, do you sleep in bed or a recliner ? 

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

LMAO--on hold, with periodic interruptions of my peace and tranquility,by brighthouse cable personnell  trying to fix my problem. On hold very long, then contacts kept referring to another line. A tech was asked to reset the password. She repeats " you want all services cancelled is that correct". Real person. Just at that, the ring tone in the topic box started playing. The one that says "I'm going to whip somebodies ass". Very appropriate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg7X5_K7LhE

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

I posted this on the Cheesed thread, but wanted to share it with you too, b/c I have on occassion talked of both my dogs here.

---------------------------

Well all my dear friends here. l went on and on about my Schats and Dini. Just when I think I have them under MY control, that thought is tossed up in the air like confetti

On the ranch road for a run. Point A is the beginning. One house on the corner. Point A goes north to point B . At point B left turn to point C. There is a potential of a cat at point A & C

A run consists of A>B>C>B>A

At the end of the run Shats spies a cat----tears off like a greyhound, around the corner of the house. I drive around the corner. BY this time cats -gone. Shats is walking back, spies a lawn ornament of a gray fawn. Points it. Great stance, paw up, leaning forward. Breaks point, sniffs the ear, tryng to decide what this is?

Dini, that's all he has to see, flies over my lap without touching me, through the window. Runs up to the lawn ornament fawn and hits it with his nose. He downs the lawn ornament.

I embarrassedly get them back in the car. So much for control.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Hmmmmm. Gotta watch those fake Florida deer!!!  Might be a snowbird in disguise. Good dogs!

• mdnghtdeb3
    mdnghtdeb3 Member Posts: 125

Sas - Love group hugs! Can never have too many hugs! xo

Chevy - Feel better. Small sweet hugs for you! 

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Friend had a pair of life sized, very realistic deer in her front yard.  One morning during rutting season she  looked outside  first thing and her buck had been in a fight, lost one side of his antlers.  You could reconstruct the  "fight" by the hoof prints.

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985

Chevy i am glad you are home ;)

• Enerva

i just got up to get some water and looked out my window, winter does not want to leave

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

looks like everyone is beddy bye time. And that's where I'm heading! Night.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Sleepy owettes obviously tonight.

Have been watching olympics. Snowboarding was great to watch.

Chevy be good you hear.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938

anyone up?

• Alyson

I am but thinking of going off to bed. Not sure where everyone has gone tonight.

• badger

hi Alyson, it's about 3 a.m. here, what time is it there?

• Alyson

Just gone 10pm Tuesday. Usually get to bed around 10.30ish. It has been so hot and humid today I don't feel like bed yet. Might make a drink. Watching olympics.

• badger

We need a happy medium between your hot & humid and our cold & snowy.  Just got 5" of snow with more to come later this week.

• Alyson

Evidently my DD is getting heavy snow in Oakville Ontario at this moment. 

We don't even get snow in this part fo the country.

• badger

We'd send you some if we could!  That storm probably isn't the one that just went through here, that's on the Eastern seaboard by now.  Did your DD have off work for Family Day yesterday?  And did she do anything fun in the snow?

• Alyson

Sorry went to bathroom and changed into nightie - much cooler.

Yes it was Family day, her DH  took DGD to the movies because DD and DGS had a tummy bug. As I said to her, great family day. 

• badger

I never like being sick but especially so on a holiday.  At least your SIL got one of the kids out & about.  Hope your DD and DGS feel better soon!

I took a snow day off work yesterday but many people had the day off for President's Day.  That's a made-up federal holiday.  They took Washington's birthday + Lincoln's birthday and combined them.  No mail and the banks were closed.

• Alyson

DD said she thinks they made up Family day because you need a holiday in Feb.

anyway why are you not asleep?

• badger

A Feb holiday is always nice, made up or not LOL. 

I'm up because I'm wrestling with whether to apply for a new job.  I like where I'm at, I really like my boss, it's fairly low stress, and I make OK money.  But this other opportunity has come up.  It'd be a challenge and more $$ but lots more stress and I understand the boss is a crazy b*tch.  Can't decide...

• Enerva

Good morning!!!!

• badger

Good morning Enerva!

They say a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.  What if the one bird is a chicken?

And am I the chicken because I'm thinking the extra stress isn't worth the extra money.

• Alyson

Sorry but BiL called from Spain on skype so we have been chatting to him. Still watching olympics but must get to bed at some point. DH has to get up and go to work. Me, I am a lady of leisure.

Is it still snowing where you are Enerva?

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

no, Badger, you're not crazy! More money would be nice BUT is it worth the extra stress to you? If you already know you'll be working for a crazy biyotch, will the new job make up for it? I know happiness is a greater factor, but only you can decide what would make you happy and what's right for you.

• Enerva

Hum u have been up all night? its been  snowing here all night. i am having my usual pain upper quadrants lol

what s your plan for today? i ll just go to the post office then to the organic supermarket lol its just too early 

• 2nd_time_around

Enerva, loved the photo from your window (pages back?). Taking a rest from all your beautiful needlework?

• Alyson

My job was so stressful- I was head of faculty at a very large high school  and had 21 teachers under me;  that I decided there was more to life than money and retired early. It was for me the absolute best thing. I went back to school after taking time off and worked another year. So next month,after five years I will get my state pension. Badger you have to decide what you want for yourself.

This old owl is sleepy

Good night

• 2nd_time_around

sweet dreams Aly!

• badger

Maddy, my thoughts exactly!  There's something to be said for a secure position where I know the ropes and am a valuable asset.  Current job affords me a great deal of flexibility and I can work at home if the weather is bad.  New job would be a lot of question marks and I'd be on probation again so the crazy boss lady could fire me on a whim.  THEN where would I be?

Alyson, that's excellent advice.  There is way more to life than money. Yes I know I have to decide for myself and I appreciate being able to bounce things off you ladies.  Good night, sleep well!

OK off to the showers for me.  Have a good day everyone!  ♥