Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985

night,

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

need to get my Insomniacs fix in now, all will be quiet tomorrow. 

Cami, so sorry. Do you need pocket pals?

Spookie, TENS machine? Ooh, nasty, nasty machine (or maybe it was the operator). PS changed my PT provider, they put one of things on me. PT walked in, asked how I was doing, when I said ok, she turned it up, set a timer and walked away. I left there crying and in pain for days. Wouldn't go back.

Sassy, hope you're feeling better.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Oh Thanks guys, but just what I need a bunch of crazy people in my pocket and I'm trying to act sane--Oh I hat this--I'm not good in these situations, my sister is better so I stand behind her and let her talk.

OK no communication during the day--sometimes I'm busy and I can't but I don't like the feeling that I can't make a choice. This should be interesting not talking to nyone for HOURS--- so everyone take notes and we'll be fine.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Oh NO!  I forgot!  We can't talk today?  Drats!  Yes Cammi..... but do you really have to honestly actually go?   I know you think you should, but maybe you don't need to?  Just sorry she had to pass.....  xoxoxo

Okay gals.... see you later!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

2ta

Must have been the PT. I love my TENs. I can adjust everything on it. It's portable too. It has 8 leads, so can get all the places that hurt!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

OMG--we are out of commission between 9-3 withdrawal already beginning.

Ziggy--Don't know Greer.But she could be EMT-A. Hudson had a slew of them. I only dealt with the paramedics(EMT-P's). and EMT-P's in training. All levels of EMT's are a hoot when practicing. Good lord at the first graduation i went to I had a BAD sore throat. I told those around me if I grabbed my throat keep all those medics from trying to do the hiemlich. Serious see if you can locate Claire? Tom Skillings and Sandy Race too. 

Cami sorry, condolences to you and family. Bummer

Blessings, yes, I am a bit of a different patient. plus add anesthesia and pain meds. not a good combo. All the negatives of last admission came to the surface. 

I did what everyone said to do, lightened up went too bed and let go off the negative. Good suggestions from all. Brain starting to feel normal. Post op doc visit today. Near as I can tell, lymphocytic thyroiditis is a subtype of Hashimoto's , but we will see what doc says. At least it was a sick thyroid. They actually, sent everything out from pathology for a second opinion b/c "of patients concern re Cancer all specimens will be sent out for second opinion"----Cool.

H-i-1 did you do the dinner or was that what yo said turned into a covered dish thing? It sounded like a- llot to try two days in a row. 

Spookie that was not nice about the TENS, makes no sense that the PT would be that cruel. Sounds like they needed a different profession.

Thanks Maddy, hope your feeling better too :) I'm near mended. Scar hoping it's not ugly, but I'll get it fixed (or not) if it is. He glued it. Never been glued before, not used to expected outcome. Been doing range of motion and it's all loosened up. Will know in a couple of weeks.

Loved the bluebird for bluebird. Just like the one and only that I saw at Big Bear Dune in Michigan

Have a fun day :) L&H&P's sassy

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

hey guys, we're up and running again! It didn't go smoothly but working now. 

SAS, I keep forgetting to take pics of moms glassware. Crap, I was there yesterday.

Heeeeellllllooooooo?? Anybody?

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

I wrote this huge, long post & it disappeared....arrrgggg

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378

i tried uploading a pic but it doesn't seem to work - i'll try again later....

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Seriously confused by page counting. I
    have many groups I would like to catch back up on, read occas. and hope
    they pick up where I left off.

Couldn't
    this have been off yesterday when I was gone all day. Wah, Wah, Wah.
    Went to PCP - what a trip. At least he's going to check my thyroid and
    chol. His answers to my all day tiredness - you guessed it - walk,
    exercise. So last night I raked old hay and today I toted out 2
    wheelbarrow loads and spread out on remaining acre and raked more.
    Another loaded to spread tomorrow. Now I'm really tired.
    Got me a steroid nose spray for my "furry animal in the nose" feeling.
    Lectured to take my Claritin and Zantac. Did get my Pneumovax and have
    RX for Shingles vac.

Anyone know what changes were made or are we to discover them on our own? Or was it all in the background?

Not really sure if this will post but trying. Intermittently says page doesn't exist.

• luvmygoats

Oh and today is my 38th wedding anniversary. DH is at work of course.

• mostlymom

teka - what did you do to post the "posts" pic?

• mostlymom

thanks teka - i swear i did the exact same thing before & it didn't work then - haven't been drinking or anything....  Loopy

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463

Enerva, loved the bluebird! That's a western bluebird. You can tell by his cowboy hat. Round here we have eastern bluebirds. They eat Philly cheesesteaks and "go down the shore".

Those little chicken balls are adorable. Now I'm hungry. I'd go out to my chicken pen and look for chicken balls but I only have hens. Justmejanis, feel free to drop off some dark chocolate balls anytime. Sounds yummy! Can you post the recipe? Or do you guard the family jewels?

I've got a splitting headache. Too much talk about balls I guess and trying to understand sas.

• Chevyboy

Hey gals!  I hope this thread holds up okay!  Good to see you again!   

Congratulations Littlegoats!  Good job!

I think I have an intestinal virus.... trying to warm up!  I'm just FREEZING, and my lower stomach has cramps!  I took a GasX, Pepto-bismol, and some Aloe-Vera~!   But at least I FEEL bette...Ha! xooxoxoxxoxoSweet dreams all!

• Chevyboy

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

oh good, the page numbers are back. Were gone earlier, someone much have bi$#hed.

So Cami, are these the balls? Make mine choc too!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Bluebird an afficiando of blue birds--very good:)

Chevy if you need to poop let it go--better out than in-------the old statement still is a good go.LOL. 

Mosstly mom Please put that qwl on the storage page------my intent on the storage page is to change pics-------------look up at the topic box for link.

Doc visiit today-------long story --------will tell when it ends. 

MUAH < MUAH love and hugs and happy----------------for those that understand the tile is in the house. For those that don't know the main bath has been out of commission since Jan 7th 2013. It may be done soon YAY LOL. It's been a clusterfuck..

• luvmygoats

Sassinator - love that title. Much rather have Hashimoto's than thyroid CA. Glad that is all behind you. Both my BC incisions glued. They look great. But then my Asian BS is a perfectionist.

How will I exist in the morning without my coffee? I made appt for labwork for 9 am. Maybe need to drive thru Mickie D's for drive home (which is all of maybe 10 minutes).

Don't remember the tile story but do remember the toilet out on the deck forever.

• camillegal

Hi guys---just trying to catch up---

Sas u sounds better

and Congratulations Luv (I think) that a long haul--and many more.

Strange day here, so I'm all screwed up.

• ziggypop
    ziggypop Member Posts: 276

Chevyetta & Camimita : "Cami, you little turd, where did you get those slippers! Note that MINE are silver. "

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

I woke up and cant get back to sleep so here I am.

Ha, ha, ha...great pic Ziggy.

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

Ziggypop I love the little old ladies. So cute. 

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439

Out of the mouths of babes...three year old grandson was visiting today while his father did some electrical work for us.  He asked me to draw a picture for him after handing me a notebook and pencil. Not being any sort of artist, I drew a smiley face for him.  As soon as he saw it he said, "Grandma!"  D-i-law and I ROTFLOAO because he was so right...not a hair on my head, no eyebrows and always smiling when he's around.  Then he told me to put arms and legs and my shirt on...well he had me mostly to rights, I did have clothes on at least.

Sheila.

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

Wow-just woke up and jumped on to see if the boards were okay...and the first thing that hits me is a giant cake penis!! LOL

Morning ya'll! 2nd treatmet yesterday, I started feeling queezy while I was still there so they added some Ativan. Nurse told me that next treatment I will get Emend instesad of Aloxi for nasuea. I've been taking Fenagren since we got home yesterday and a little cannibas. I went to sleep early and woke up feeling okay. Sometimes its hard to know if I'm hungry and naseus...so I'm going to eat some cereal.

((hugs))

• camillegal

Sheila that is so cute and they know...LOL

Oh Tang yes u saw that don't say it shocked u here anyway, LOL Now take it easy and eat protein, and DRINK lots of water--they say.

OK Ziggy don't I wish I was young again--that is so cute but I am the prettier one u know. Chevy has the curlers. She has wire on her heard and screws in her hip--oh Chevy.

• camillegal

• Chevyboy

OMG Smarty!  THAT is so funny!  Ha, ha!  I have honestly never seen a CAKE like that!   BAD girl!  Well, no not really..... Man, you fit right IN!  Loopy

Sass, my digestive problems have been gone since 4 days after surgery.... It was just that slight bug I had yesterday... In fact, I only take 1 Xstrength Tylenol about every 6-8 hours....  The only thing is, my leg is just sort of wobbly....  !  It feels fine, just not very strong yet.  Been 3 weeks.... just getting impatient, I guess.

LilshitZiggy is going around posting pics of us with my Walker!  Brat!  I need to decorate it...   But yes.... rollers in my hair.... only I use hot rollers...so HAH!   Those little girls are so cute!  DD is coming to get me to take me to lunch today, meeting a couple other friends!  I LOVE Red Robin!  Then maybe to Costco for a couple things.... Man, I hope I can do it all.....I have big plans, and no brains!  Winking

It's supposed to snow again this afternoon...  but I don't even care. 

Cammers!  Yes, little honey, you can be the prettiest one this week.... wait.... the week is almost over!  So then it will be MY week! 

Tang, so sorry about the nasuea!  Man, there is nothing worse than THAT, and being dizzy....!  Shut up Cammi...! 

I don't know anymore news, so I'm signing off..... xoxoxoxoxo

• Chevyboy

I just took a selfie of me with my rollers.......

• camillegal

Chevy chit that pic. is of me not you--see how she does things. But I do hope u feel  good to do things today---And I always see the commercials for Red Robin and it looks so good--I don't even know if there are some around here, I've never seen one. Bee Careful and it is normal for u'r leg to feel that way--so don't overdo.