INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,502

Hi again, late-nighters. Just confirming that the tech team is working on this. No estimated time to have it working again as we're used to, but we'll keep you posted as we hear more about this and other threads that are acting up.

Thanks for your patience!

Judith and the BCO team

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

I have figuered a way in and it has worked several times

Go the url at the top======change where it says 35(page number) to 34 and you can get right in. But you will have to do it each time. Then hit the arrow button. But I have to be on Internet Explorer and not on Firefox

Judith that somehow might help the technicians, The pages say we are on page 34-------but the url says 35.

Going to check the other threads  Bless us all sheila

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

marybe- I understand..until I was given different numbers by the oncologist on Wednesday, I had been waiting with held breath for June...mamogram month...now, miraculously, I had a solid night;s sleep last night and am hoping for the same tonight...have put my life on hold and today realized it...full force...how odd. So...onwards!

• sas-schatzi

oh Sandee what a blessing-------a solid nights sleep ---------hope it continues every night. Those numbers most have meant allot to some part of your brain. I wish so much I could figuire something out. This damnableinsomnia is going to do me in. It just takes the fun of being awake totally away because of the associated fatigue

Bless us all sheila

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Slept last night which was great. Femara and worry made for bad nights.I wish this disease wouldn't keep giving me little scares. However I feel that if I don't get things checked out something really nasty will sneak up on me unawares.

Sas I am still having to come in through the back door.

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849

testing, testing, one two three testing....

• sas-schatzi

GINA DID IT WORK----------- i'M GOING TO BACK OUT AND TEST AGAIN WHAT i SAID ABOUT THE url ON PAGE 35. WE MIGHT BE OVER THIS BECAUSE THE PAGE NOW SAYS 35. BE BACK IN A MINUTE

• sas-schatzi

yUP - I THINK WE ARE PAST OUR PROBLEM ---------i THINK THE PAGE NUMBER WAS OFF, BUT JUDITHE WILL LET US KNOW. -----sTILL CHECKING OTHER THREADS ---BE BACK

• sagina

Ok, gonna try again.....testing, hehehehe

• sagina

Nope it kicked me to page 37 in the URL, so I typed 35 like you said and got back in, perhaps you can start an insomniac II thread?  It really is nice to have someone else to talk to when we are up so late....

• sas-schatzi

gINA i KNOW YOU aRE HERE HONEY , BUT i HAVE A REAL NEED TO GO TO BED. iF i REALLY GO TO SLEEP , i WON'T BE BACK TONIGHT. iF I AM ASLEEP AND I COME BACK , THAT IS A REAL METAPHYSICAL PROBLEM, BUT COULD BE REAL FUN.

Sorry about the caps , i wasn't yelling.

It seems if we are not here there is someone on OMG all the time.

Gina if no one's here, try talking to the chickens, it can be very soothing. I don't know why, but it may help.

If we start an insomnia II thread,  than we have twice the potential of ending up talking to ourselves or two sets of chickens.  Frankly , I'm  happy with the chickens I'm talking with now. Unless of course there's the potential for some roosters. Well that starts a whole different discussion, Because there are no roosters in my chicken group. I haven't said that before, but until you brought it up, I hadn't actually noticed.............HMMMMMMMM...... I didn't notice. Damn all these hormone supression drugs. I didn't notice..... that one's going to work on me for awhile.

• sas-schatzi

Mods--- judith the problem is definitely in the url ------just as Sagina said it's saying page 37 . we just flipped to page 35. And just like when it was saying 35 and you changed it to 34 you could get in.  Now if you change 37 to 35 you can get in

Goodnight---------bless us all sheila

• sagina

Goodnight Sheila, may God bless you with deep sleep and good dreams!

• Alyson

It worked!! Now you folks can go to bed happy.

• bookart
    bookart Member Posts: 210

Finally winding down - BCO is my lullaby.  Silly to get on insomniac thread just to say goodnight...

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,502

Hi night owls! No word from the tech team to confirm everything's working again, but it does look as though they're making some progress, at least here. We'll keep watching, and hope to have definite word as soon as possible.

Judith and the BCO mods

• pee
    pee Member Posts: 6

Okay.  An insomniac thread.  I may be here at time...hopefully not too often as I really like to get a goood nights sleep.  It is the weekend so I can just sleep the day away...well, to about 11 then slowly wake up.  I think I have passed the can't sleep mode and my body is ready to pop off.  Hope all of you get to sleep soon.

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037

awake again, is it good morning or good evening?  had 2 nights that I slept through till 7, it was glorious.  Had a solid night's sleep, after an all clear on mammo and US, you just don't realize how frightened you are until you have a dream about going for a germ scan,where does that come from?

• Alyson

You lot should certainly be asleep, just checked the times in the US, only those on the West Coast have an excuse for being up. Have just had dinner and am trying to decide if I should do some work but as there is a rugby game on soon I might watch. Will check in later and by that time some of you will be getting up.

• karen333

off to check what's on T.V., will check in later

• I am happy to see this thread is up and running again....was starting to get a comlex even though I knew it was not just me who could not see what was going on.  I did sleep last night....off and on, but it was sleep.  The dog and I just got back from a nice little walk which meant walking around gigantic puddles since we had a storm with a lot of rain last night.  This is going to be a really green spring if it even stops raining long enough to enjoy it.  I am going to have to hire someone to come weed since my back won't stand for it and my hubby does not have the energy and chops down flowers so I don't want that to happen again.  Good morning, gals.  Maybe I will see some of you tonight. 

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

I had my port out yesterday and still had enough drugs that I slept well. Then this evening I was sooo sleepy at 10 PM that I went to bed. There I lay for hours on 5 mg of oxycodone, I thought I had taken 1mg of Lanprazole, duh,  and no sleep came. So here i am, I'll try sleep again in a while. Port area is sore I hope I am not getting an infection in it. I suppose it had only been about 36 hours since surgery so I may be expecting too much.

Marybe I think hiring someone to do the weeding is really smart.  I had the girls come clean the house again. Just for 1 hr 15 moinutes, three girls and it is totally worth it. I hardly feel guilty. :)

Laters my friends

GInger

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Ginger, so sorry you are achy from your deportation. But it is OUT!!!!

• sas-schatzi

Ginger a milestone ---the port is out-----I think you should treat yourself to dinner and champagne, YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To all---- I had seven connected hours of sleep---I can't remember when that has happened.  going to go see if I can tease out some more sheila

• karen333

could  not post last night when I tried to come back.  Finally fell asleep at 5:00, we will see how it goes tonight, I'd love 7 hrs. of non-interupted sleep, have not had that since diagnosis and AI. being prescribed.  Worse sincs AI's.

• Sandeeonherown

Sas/Alyson- yep....50% in 14 months vs 15% over 10 years made a HUGE difference to my brain....seriously huge difference...I also think that 10 days out from Tamoxifen means  I am sleeping better because befor eI was told the stats on Thursday , I had had three pretty solid nights of sleep already...also feel like I am not as hyper aware of things and sonds upstairs are not bothering me as much....or maybe the heart meds are dulling things?

I seem more body aware since the heart attack than I was with the breast cancer...perhaps because with breast cancer it was the idea that..ok , it has been removed and may come back but it is ok for now whereas with the heart it is 'ok.we opened an artery but like any woman in your late 40's, the others are slightly blocked too so be wary of these symptoms"....new thing to be afraid of...what if I don't wake up next time (well, i guess it won;t matter then really will it? I won't be here !..silly thought)

• Sandeeonherown

Sas- congrats onthe 7 hours of sleep..feels good, hmm? my pal went to bed half an hour ago at 9pm..think I wore him out with talking...he had only been awake for 11 hours!

Karen- congrats on the clear mammogram....yeah...think we are all terrified of that one and holding our breath until it happens....want mine done in May to ge tit over with!

hoping to be in bed by 10:30...getting tired but not there yet....want to be sure I sleep the night through

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

oh wow... i just watched the movie "Living Proof". very moving, very powerful. for anyone who hasn't seen it, watch it. it's about the doctor who invented Herceptin and the clinical trials, and the stories of the women who were involved.

I'm not Her2+, but i still found the movie very emotional and very powerful

today was cancer day with me, i guess. i participated in a walk to raise money for Relay for Life, planted purple pansies on my front porch ( purple for the American Cancer Society), and watched that movie.

• sagina

I'm watching San Antonio's Fiesta Flambeau Parade on TV.  If you ever want to visit San Antonio, come during Fiesta week. Tonight's parade is expected to draw 700,000 to a million people.  It's an illuminated parade about two hours long, planned exclusively by women - we rock don't we!  What's going on in your part of the world today? Hope all is well with everyone.

• sas-schatzi

I Just caught up on reading and  it's already faded,

Sandee's sleeping better now but worried about your heart. What to do you say to that--Remember the song "Let there be peace on earth"------there's a line that if I get it right goes something ---"to live each moment in perfect harmony."  Please, let all our body parts start living in harmony and give us peace.

What more can you say than that ---that is my prayer for everyone.

Bless us all and lets us all have sleep for many hours tonight. sheila