Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

I hurt...my knees ..ankles...feet...hip..shoulders....elbows...neck. I walked so slowly leaving work today.  I was a very busy day today.  I have routine labs and onc appt tomorrow.  I also have a massage scheduled.  I'm sorry to whine.  I just want to go to bed but tomorrow is so busy I want to just relax tonight.  :(

• ziggypop
    ziggypop Member Posts: 276

dutchiris - is a glass of wine and a long hot shower with Cami available tonight? Even if the Camster is not available, treat yourself well - a movie maybe? A massage sounds like the ticket for tomorrow for sure. Prescription for this evening: 

• dutchiris

How did I get on the shower with Cami?   lol  I think this is second time.  Cami is a sweet lady and all, but I shower alone.  

• ziggypop

But Cami smells good in the shower. 

• ziggypop

It's always good to try something new.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Dutch, sorry you are hurting, is it the Tamoxifen ? Wine & the private tub looks inviting....

Maddy, you awake yet? Was the IV tortuous? Hope all is good & you get on the ten year plan...

Cami, Happy St. Joseph Day to you... Those rolls look yummy. 

Bluebird, you sound good, I am sure you are in pain and being very brave....

Hello to all.....

• dutchiris

I'm thinking it might be the tamoxifen except maybe my hip.  Everything seems bilateral except the hip and upper leg which hurts most with specific movements.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Dutch. Any chance it could be arthritis, and the devil pill is making it worse? That's what's happening to me. I've got arthritis in all my main joints, arimadex makes them all hurt more, plus a few new places. 

My lumbar spine is a wreck too, gives me hip pain. Something to think about?

• Holeinone

I am achey, hip pain. I have only been on Arimidex for one month, so I assume it takes some time to adjust. Still fatigued, which is annoying. I am not working right now, so no stress there.

• dutchiris

I had a bone scan in January.  It show arthritis in both shoulders and my neck.  The one I had a year prior showed it in my neck and left ankle.  I worked 10 hours today.

• Holeinone

ah, recliner time....& some pill...:) 

• dutchiris

Me too, Holeinone.  Me too.

• ziggypop

Sharon - do you have any pain meds? But really - sink down in a nice warm tub, have some hot tea with honey and whisky or sip a glass of wine or cognac if you have it. I bet Sassy would agree with me & she's a professional. I have also found that a little tiger balm rubbed into the shoulders before a bath or shower helps relax everything. Ten hours is too long to work.  

• myra104
    myra104 Member Posts: 54

Hi all, just spent a good hour and half reading the last few days so im just going to be quick about a couple of things that stood out for me:)

HI BLUEBIRD, HOOE YOU ARE FEELING GOOD, I FEEL LIKE IM YELLING AT YOU BUT SAS IS RIGHT...I HAD A REACTION TO COMPAZINE AND COULD NOT SEE AND HAD BLURRED VISION, VERY DIFFICULT TO READ.., AND THAT IS NOTHING COMPARED TO WHAT YOU'RE DEALING WITH.

I REALLY MISS MEXICAN FOOD AND WHOULD LIKE A TOSTADA...I HAVE A SWEET TOOTH SO A CUPCAKE WOULD BE PERFECT AFTER.

GOOD LUCK AT YOUR CONFERENCE VINNIE AND I WOULD NOT FEEL GOOD ABOUT HEARING MY BOOB JOB WAS BAD AFTER ALL THIS...GOOD INTENTIONS BUT I THINK BY THE END IT WOUKD BE JUST ANOTHER COMPLICATION TO DEAL WITH, ID BE PRETTY HURT.  JUST MAKE SURE TO HAVE TONS AND TONS OF PICTURES LYING AROUND OF GOOD AND BAD ONES, WOMEN WILL NOTICE.

HAPPY ST PATTYS DAY!

AND I FORGET THE OTHER THINGS I WAS PLANNING TO WRITE ON.  I GUESS EVERYONE IS SAYING CHEMO BRAIN, ITS JUST NOT WORKING AS WELL...HAVING A HEADACHE THAT COMES AND GOES SINCE STARTED TAXOL...OR MAYBE ITS THE SUGAR IM EATING NIW THAT I TUPE THAT.

OH, WHO CALLED TAMAXIFEN THE DEVIL PILL, YOU SCARED ME!  

OH AND I LIVE THE ASS JOKE!  HA AND LOVE IT!

OK, NIGHT TERMITES!

• dutchiris

Thanks Ziggy.  I do have some and took one.  I feel a lot better.  Hopefully I still feel good in the morning.  Mornings are the best.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,294

Ziggy - couldn't figure out who you were with the new avatar!!  Cute.  Sassy told me to drop by this site.  Hope you all don't mind if I lurk for awhile to get familiar.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

dutchiris, I don't know what kind of work you do, but 10hrs is just too much. Some people can manage it but I'm pretty useless after 8hrs. I worked 4 10's for a while, but it was harder than 5 8's.

• dutchiris

I am scheduled for 5 8's but things went late.   I'm on call 50% of my time away from work. Fortunately, I don't get called in often. This was one of those busy days.  I work at a hospital.  

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Teka, That is so funny....and true!

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Ladies, thank you for all your encouragement for my colonoscopy! It's done! Yes, the prep was worse than the procedure itself but for me, the worst is always the IV. Sorry very low tolerance for pain and I become a pin-cushion. They gave me a shot of lidocaine (they said), did nothing. Fought the 2 nurses, even a hot towel didn't work. DH wasn't helpful, not understanding, tried bullying me into it so I told him to leave. Finally, a shot of versed did the trick. It could have all been avoided with what has been successful in the past: the jet injection (used for kids but they didn't have any on hand, they're used across the street at both the Children's Hospital and regular hospital. Vaguely remember being wheeled into the procedure room, then back to pre-op/recovery area. Heard them talking, couldn't respond, difficult to wake me up. Slept while DH drove me home, then all afternoon. Still feel numb, but it's done! Thanks for the pep talk!

Cami, thanks for my smile: when in St. Joseph's Hospital having my procedure, didn't know it was St. Joseph's Day, I surprised the nurses with that factoid!

Hi1, thanks for thinking of me!

Still feeling really loopy. And wouldn't you know: I cooked bacon for dinner (with eggs since DH went to dentist for a swollen abscess while I slept), felt like I was moving in slow motion. Just when I was thinking I got to sit and rest, DH wanted me to make him a bacon and fried egg sandwich. No one waits on me.

Oooooo, Ziggy, that tub looks so very inviting!

Teka, where did you get my picture?

Vinnie, good to see you here, very interesting comments! Are you an insomniac too? Now I wonder about the quality of my recon. (I think it's good but what do I know?) So I've been thinking of 3D tit tats, my PS's nurses do that, and while I love them to pieces, I don't think they are artists or have the experience you do. My DH freaks when a male medical professional looks at or touches my reconstructed breasts, he'd go ballistic with anyone else. Suggestions?

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931

Teka- that is so true!

Vinnie- it is always great to see an tattoo artist that cares and not a scratcher causing more issues for those with a real need for your services. i worked in a shop for a few years, and some of the things i saw could make you cry. i have a few craptastic pieces myself that i got when i was young and stupid, but am looking forward to a full suit once my recon is done and a few years have passed so i am confident i may be in the clear. Keep up the amazing work!

2nd time, glad things went... smoothly for you. 

Nicky, Bluebird, Chevey, Sas, glad you are all healing (or trying to) and hope it keeps moving along for you. 

we sure are a tough buncha broads!

xoxoxoxo to everyone here!

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

I am here is anybody else?

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

glad to hear everybody is getting along with their issues.

Vinnie-if you have time can you answer a couple questions? I did look through other threads first but didn't see any answers. How long do you wait to have tats done after the implants? I originally didn't care that the nips are gone, but after looking at your website, they look great. Do you know someone in California as good as you?  I didn't know you could get 3D tats like that.  I won't have any reconstructed nipples.

• jwoo

i am, i think everyone else may have dozzzzzzzzed off.

• Smaarty

hi blonde, you sure are up late. Have either of you had tattoos?

• jwoo

I have a lot of tattoos, but as i have not done my recon yet, so haven't started that. i do have them on my upper chest though. 

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

nope not me and steroids!!

• Smaarty

heading to bed. Night.

• jwoo

sweet dreams!

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

am still awake, but fading fast