Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Bluebird, you can go "control +" and it will make everything larger.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

WREN'S  RIGHT......NO ONE KNEW THAT WHEN I WENT THROUGH IT.  YAY WREN

• ziggypop
    ziggypop Member Posts: 276

THAT'S ALRIGHT SASS ... WE ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME FIGURING OUT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING ... EXCEPT CAMI AND CHEVY 'CAUSE THEY JUST GET FRUSTRATED...  BUT THAT'S NOTHING NEW.  

CHEVY *** IS*** A SHOW OFF WITH ALL THE SPARKLES AND FLOWERY CANE AND "SUUPER" WALMART GEAR AND SUCH. LIKE THE REGULAR WALMART IS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR HER. SHE JUST NEEDS ATTENTION ALL THE TIME. HI CHEVY! I'M BACK.... AREN'T YOU GLAD!

HI O - WHAT !!!! EXACTLY IS "Yesterday, the drives were fantastic. Straight down the fairway. But....the short game was stalled, I was timid, not being aggressive enough to the pin.  Good delivery, slow to finish.." AN ANALOGY FOR ?????????????? I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONE THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE AN ADVENTURE TO TELL ABOUT.

TANG, SWEETIE, YOU WEAR WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT ON YOUR HEAD. ....AND IF SOMEBODY GIVES YOU A HARD TIME JUST LET US KNOW AND WE'LL ALL COME UP THERE AND GO ALL BROOKLYN ON THEIR ASS. UNTIL THEN, YOU JUST TELL THEM THAT THAT FINE T-SHIRT HEAD WRAP WAS 'SPECIALLY DESIGNED BY RALPH LAUREN TO COMPLEMENT YOUR EYE TWITCH AND THEN TWITCH REALLY HARD AT 'EM.  

SASSY WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THIS CANCER SHIT IN YOUR THYROIF? NO MORE CANCER FOR YOU. YOU HAVE HAD ENOUGH NOW. 

• sas-schatzi

ZIGGY, WISHIN AND HOPIN-------HATE TO SAY IT THAT WAY, BUT CONSIDER, IT WAS ON THE PATHOLOGY BIOPSY SPECIMEN DONE LAST JULY(JUNE) AND THE PATHOLOGIST MISSED IT. 

THAT'S THE TOUGHY. BETWEEN 8-9 MONTHS MISSED TREATMENT. SERIOUS, IF I HADN'T ASKED FOR THAT BLOOD WORK IN JAN. BOTH DOCS--- ENDOCRINE AND ENT-- WANTED TO CONTINUE WITH THE BX  & ULTRASOUND ROUTE. 

ONE LOOK AT THE THYROGLOBULIN LEVEL AND NEG AUTO-ANTIBODIES. THEY WERE TRIPPING OVER THEMSELVES TO GET ME INTO THE OPERATING ROOM.

SOMEWHERE IN HERE, THERE IS A PLAN IN GOD'S GOOD WISDOM. I KNOW THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT DON'T BELIEVE. BUT I CAN'T BELIEVE WITH ALL THE UNIQUENESS OF EVERYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE, THAT WHEN LIFE CEASES THAT IT GOES INTO NOTHINGNESS. THERE WOULDN'T BE ANY POINT IN ANY OF ANYTHING.

SO AS A DEAR FRIEND WHO HAS BEEN ON HERCEPTIN SINCE IT WAS INVENTED. WHO METS'D TO THE LIVER>>>THEN REMISSION. SHE THEN METS'D TO LIVER AND LUNG>>>THEN REMISSION. HER STATEMENT WAS "GOD WASN'T DONE WITH HER YET". ONSET OF BC 1999 AND SHE'S STILL GOING.

SO, WHY THINGS HAPPEN UNKNOWN, BUT I'M HERE FOR THE RIDE.

• sas-schatzi

WELL ZIGGY I HAVE A HYPERPLASTIC COLON POLYP REMOVED LAST JULY.  I WAS WILLING TO GO 1 1/2 YEARS VERSUS THE 3 YEARS SPECIFIED BY INSURANCE. I WAS JUST GOING TO LIE AND SAY I HAD ABDOMINAL PAIN AND SAW BLOOD IN THE STOOL. WOULD HAVE MET CRITERIA TO GET ONE DONE.   BUT MO WANTS SCOPE IN JULY, SO, I DON'T HAVE TO LIE.

GONNA GET THIS THYROIDF THINGY DONE. THEN WORK ON SOME GENETIC THING. THE TYPES OF MY CANCER AND FAMILIAL CANCERS FIT THE PATTERN OF THREE GENETIC ABNORMALITIES--CHEK2, LI FRAUMENI, AND LI FRAUMENIA LIKE SYNDROME.

• sas-schatzi

CHIT i WAS GOING TO CALL GENETECH POOP bbl

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Now if I could just figure out how to resize pics (of course)! Yes, that would apply to my ass, too! Lol!

• sas-schatzi

Maddy resize the pic or your DH ass?

• 2nd_time_around

the pic, of course! Funny sassy!

• ziggypop
    ziggypop Member Posts: 276

"GONNA GET THIS THYROIDF THINGY DONE" ThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpLoopyThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpSingingThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUp

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

Hey there Sassy....bones are there...lungs are annoying....

Glad you see you all are hanging!!

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463

SAS, YOUR WISDOM IS AMAZING. NEVER THOUGHT TO TRY ALL CAPS. IT DOES HELP AND SPEEDS ME UP. iF THE OWLS DON'T MIND ME SHOUTING AT THEM. FUNNY, YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHOUT AT ME THOUGH. I CAN READ IN SHORT BURSTS AND DON'T MIND NORMAL SIZED LETTERS OR TYPING. IT IS NOT THE SIZE THAT COUNTS. (THATS WHAT THY ALL SAY(   HA HA   I JUST CAN'T FIND PROPER LETTERS AND KEYS WHEN I WANT TO SAY SOMETHING.  BUT GETTING BETTER EVERYDAY!!!

• sas-schatzi

BLUEBIRD....WISDOM....SHIMSHDOM.......IT WAS ONE OF GOD'S LESSONS BY HAVING ME GO THROUGH IT, JUST SO I COULD SHARE IT WITH YOU, LOVEY.

WHEN YOU ARE FURTHER ALONG IN HEALING, I'LL FIND SOME PAGES WHERE I POSTED. WHAT A FLAT OUT RIOT. THE ONLY ONE HERE THAT WAS THERE IN THAT TIME IS SQUISHY(GROG) AND I THINK ALY.

PLEASE, HEED MY WORDS WELL IN THE PM L&H&P'S SASSY

• sas-schatzi

BLONDIE AH-HAH, LUNGS ARE ANNOYING.......ARE YOU BEING POLITE OR TRUTHFUL.?.............BECAUSE THEY WERE MORE THAN ANNOYING AT ONE TIME. ............ANNOYING WOULD BE GOOD     :)............. SEEMS TO ME YOU CALLED YOUR OXYGEN OSCAR? .............IS MY MEMORY RIGHT?

---------------------------------

ALL MY POST WILL BE LARGE AND BOLD UNTIL BLUEBIRD IS RIGHT AGAIN.  NOT MANY WROTE LARGE FOR ME OR BOLDED UNLESS THEY WERE WRITING DIRECTLY TO ME. ..........I COULDN'T READ ANYONE ELSE'S POSTS............IT WAS LIKE HEARING LOSS...........I MISSED LOTS OF THE STUFF.....NO FUN....JUST WHEN FUN WAS NEEDED

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Sassy I vaguely remember your horrendous typing but I was fairly new, working and reading BCO on the sly in the evenings instead of doing paperwork.

• sas-schatzi

LMG...........IT WAS SO SCREWY, LOTS OF IT MADE NO SENSE AT ALL CUZ......... I COULDN'T USE GLASSES........ THEREFORE.....I WAS GUESSING AT WHERE THE KEYS WERE.

• sas-schatzi

DBF HOME NIGHTY NIGHT  OWLETES

• MereMere
    MereMere Member Posts: 74

I Just Have to say I Love you ladies!!  It took me a minute to go thru all the post since mine... Thanks for ALL ADVISE. I have been beggin DP to go to yoga for cancer class with me...we will see tomm.  We have an appt with OnC Wed afternoon and there is an amazin social worker there.  I hope to introduce them and find a way for Mel (DP) to start talkin to her.  Befor Dx we where hm shoppin and baby talkin.  I stopped for awhile but decided to try "shopping" again. It had seemed to lite her spirit some.  Oh and meremere is my nickname given to me by my baby cousin. It kinda stuck!!  Hope everyone's doin good tonight.  Im takin some Tylenol pm soon so good Nite!!

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931

BlueBird, so glad you are feeling better!

• NickyJ
    NickyJ Member Posts: 372

good morning!

I'm overwhelmed by the support I'm getting from the ladies on this thread! Thank you all so much!!!

I have no idea what's going on here, I had to jump pages to write this. But I'm thinking if you all, and I hope you're all doing good. 

I'm still waiting for news of my next operation, in the meantime I'm at home with my new best friend the pain pump. He's very strong though so what I'm writing is jumping in front of my eyes - thank goodness for spell check!!

As soon as I have news I'll be back. I can't wait to catch up with you all!  I'm thinking of all of you, and knowing you're all thinking of me is huge. 

Take care and speak soon,

Hugs,

Nicky

• 2nd_time_around

Thank you for checking in Nicky! I know I'm not alone in keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Rest up, sweetie, know you're loved!

H&L&P

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Morning all!  So good to hear from you again Nicky!   Don't worry about spell-check..... There are SOME of us.... (no names mentioned) who don't know what it is anyway....  So we can almost always decipher anything you tend to say!  We are good that way.....    You don't have to try and keep track of us, just post once in awhile...

Oh!  Did you know I fell?  Yes, I fell off the pole, whilst dancing!  And my danged black sequin stilletto's broke, and I twisted my ankle, and fell on my hip, and broke the smithereens out of it...  BUT, I DID acquire some neat hardware.... from Lowe's.... like a rod, a couple bolts & screws & whatever.  This was over a month ago, but now I am walking with a flowered cane, and getting ready for my next pole recital!  That's all the news from me......

And news from Cammi is.....  She can't use the "speaker" option on her phone, for her job!  See, she tries to write, and talk at the same time, and for most, that is a given, but it tends to get a little scary for our Cammi.....   So her job is on the line here.....  We must help her...  Maybe she needs a switch-board, like we had in the 50's?  That way her hands are free, and she is just wearing a "head-set."   I could show her how, even!  Because I was a Long Distance operator about the time phones were invented. So if you have any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated ..... 

Hi little Blue-bird!   DO YOU WANT US TO WRITE LIKE THIS, OR ARE YOU OKAY WITH THE REGULAR WAY OF TYPING?  It's your choice...  It IS kind of easier to read, but it looks like we are yelllllllling...Ha! 

Oh, the rest of you guys are on the last page!  Okay, BE that way....  I'll just muddle through....  Guess what?  I'm not taking anything for pain!  Nope!  Maybe just a couple Aleve to get me going for the rough and tumble days I have ahead of me, but nothing at night!  So I think I'm as good as new again...well, I man as "old" again.

And Littleshit said SOMEthing, but I can't remember that far back.... something about my rhine-stone cane, or something... she's just jealous... She's a Tart, you know....

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

SEE?  I go back and read you all again, and just crack up at everything I missed!  Ha, ha!  Love you guys!

Yes, Sass, and her Thyroif...She just HAS to be different....All the rest of us have Thyroids, but not our Sass... She probably has a Bidet' also...I know she WANTed one!  The rest of us only have baby-wipes....  not an actual shower-head in our commode.....  !

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Good Morning everyone,

Teka Happy

And everyone know we all like to see Nicky on board, but understand what's going on so we'll be patient and wait. <3

Bluebird yay u'r doing better--good news.

And Chevy u'r doing great for an old broad, oops I mean for a mature woman--I guess I could have deleted that part but I don't think so.

And Sas u do think of everything.

Blondie I hope u improve, every bit helps.

I'm washing clothes now--I like to do my work before anyone gets up and my excercises so they think I absolutely do nothing all day--just to aggrevate I guess.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Nicky, nice to hear from you, hang in there..

Ziggypopper, ok, only you with your zippy attitude would poke fun at my liver/ golf analogy. Sas, while aware of my 6 th grade education, wanted MY help on this puzzling issue. If ya continue to bully me, I'm going have to get Chevyboy involved.....was it my fault it sounded a little sexual ????

Morning all....1st day of spring Thurs?

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324

YUP SAS REMEMBER WELL YOUR TYPING AND WORDING BACK THEN..  HA HA. IT WAS UNDER A DIFFERENT TOPIC THOUGH..  NOT "INSOMNIACS" WHERE I READ YOUR POSTS BACK THEN.....

CINDY AKA SQUISHY

• sas-schatzi

Good morning Owlettes, Another beautiful day in paradise. Sleeping through the night---love that thyroif drug. Don't even get up to pee. Probably since I've had to take lasix everyday since the last IV contrast stuff on Jan 29th. Just another allergy to add to the list.

Chevy, I thought you fell out of a dumpster. How did I miss the poll dancing. Translation , please, "So I think I'm as good as new again...well, I man as "old" again." Did you have a sex change while getting that busted leg fixed? Have you one cane that matches each outfit or is it multicolored? MaVelOus, do you have one for evening wear? Sequines?

Knock on wood, I haven't fallen since September. DBF is keeping the dog holes filled, and I turn a light on before I walk in a room or get out of bed, or look before I turn around. So, might be in shape to swim when the water warms up--soon. 

Cami--I think this is what Chevy thinks you do all day, cuz that's what she used to do in the 50's when she wasn't in the back of that 57 chevy

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/441ba8adbd/lily-t...

NICKY yooo hoooooooooso nice to hear from you. Sorry about all those drugs making you squirrely. Sucks. We love you and praying for you :)

BLUEBIRD JUST IGNORE CHEVY, SHE'S JUST JEALOUS CUZ YOU CAN READ WHAT I WRITE AND HER STUFF IS A BLURRRrrrrrrrrr...........

OFF TOMORROW TO SEE ANOTHER WIZARD, THAT HAS THE PROMISE OF A SPECIAL PILL FOR ME...... BUT HAVE BEEN WARNED HE WILL WANT TO TAKE PICTURES........ HE WILL PROBABLY TELL ME I CAN'T HAVE MY SPECIAL PILL UNTIL I'M OFF MY OWN SPECIAL PILLS FOR SO MANY DAYS.......I'VE MET HIM MANY TIMES IN THE HOSPITAL.....HE'S A VERY KIND WIZARD.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

Hey Sas,

Don't stray off the Yellow Brick Road or the Flying Monkeys might grab you!!!

• sas-schatzi

SQUISHY, RAN INTO SOME OF THOSE POSTS LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ONE TIME.......OMG...... GOBBLYGOOK. .......IT WAS ON FUZZY'S ROMP ROOM......... I'LL HAVE TO GO BACK AND GET A COUPLE...........HOW ARE YOU?...........HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE:) I KNOW YOU KEEP TRACK OF US.........SillyHeart

• sas-schatzi

THANKS 444444.........GLENDA WILL PROTECT MEWinking