Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

WAS LOOKING FOR OLD CRAZY CRANIOTOMY POSTS. THIS WAS A PIC POSTED BY VEGGY AFTER I SAID i LOVED THE MADHATTER

• sas-schatzi

WAS LOOKING FOR OLD CRAZY CRANIOTOMY POSTS. THIS WAS A PIC POSTED BY VEGGY AFTER I SAID i LOVED THE MADHATTER

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

any reason why we're typing in bold now? Sassy pants, love the beautiful picture!

How's everyone feeling post-St. Patrick's Day?

All-day liquid diet for me today, prep for colonoscopy tomorrow. The IV part of the procedure actually scares me the most. Will have an appointment with the commode late this afternoon and evening. Need to go for a walk and errands shortly while I have the chance. 

Have a great day Owlettes!

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983

Ahhh Veggy.....Sad

Well Owlettes, the SHIT storm continues and continues and continues. I got out of the shower Friday and noticed my left nipple was "crusty" and now I am worried about Paget's! Does this BC stuff ever ever end? I am seeing my MO today for my checkup and to bitch about taking Aromasin, but I am thinking I am going to ask if she could let the BS know and maybe they will do a punch biopsy. That is what the ladies on the Paget's board recommend I do about this and told me NOT to ignore it even though doctors did in the past. I thought it was from my BC and then it was gone after tx but it is BACK! So, I will be requesting a biopsy!'

Blondie, huge hugs honey! xoxoxoxox

Sassy girl, hugs to you too!

Bluebird, GLAD YOU ARE READING and TYPING!

Nicky, hope you are feeling better!

Cammi, get a headset! If your phone does not have a jack hole for one, get a phone that does! it will help you out and you can type and talk.

Ok, have to run and give a workshop for 15 people and they all showed but one! Room is gonna be like an oven with these damn hot flashes.

Love you all and will keep you posted about "Crusty" the nip that keeps on giving.

xoxo

• Debzjourney14
    Debzjourney14 Member Posts: 41

Good luck with the colonoscopy 2nd time.  I am having one on the 3rd. (it was scheduled before my bc diagnosis.  It will be just a few days before my lumpectomyLoopy

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

good luck with the colonoscopy!!

• sas-schatzi

THESE WERE SOME OF MY POSTS AFTER MY CRANIOTOMY ON MAR27TH 2012. FLYING IN THE YARD WAS THE FUNNIEST. fORGOTTEN WHAT I WROTE ABOUT CANCER NEVER TAKING MY CONTENTMENT AGAIN----AND IT HASN'T

APRIL 5TH,2012 This morning at 6am my Schatzi alerted on something in the backyard-never had she been so intense. No tail wagging and her deepest bark came out. Suddenly, I found myself in the back yard. The person that's supposed to be keeping her head up right LOL's. There was some sort of animal in the bushes, that was definitely trying to make a retreat someplace. Schatzi is about 75 lbs. German wired haired pointer. I realized, I had to get back to the house without falling, yard has small unevennesses all over the place. Well made it back in one piece without a fall. Used my airplane arm move to steady, could imagine a neighbor seeing me at that time in the morning LOL's.------pretending I'm flying after a craniotomy. That would have been a good America's funniest Home video for sure. The things we do when on automatic response mode !

GG---so happy for the good LAFF. I Laffed only after safely back in the house. The moment of insight of standing in the back of a pretty long yard, hearing crunching in the thicket with a hunting dog whose a wiss, and realizing if I fell, I was probably going to be in real trouble, That moment was scarey, BUT now , yes it will always be a LAFFABLE MEMORY-----YEAH FOR LAFFS. AND FLYING IN THE YARD.

Last day of tapered prednisone, thank you God, for me the "speed action" of the drug has been a wild ride. I have given this drug to so many people, over so many years and knew of the effect and explained it to people about the varying responses from mild to intense. BUT it's a whole different thing to know, now, at the end of my career, how intense it can be, by actually ingesting it myself. My brother's happy too , today, because I have been a magpie talker the whole time also, Whew.

Well all -------the dex/steroid has worn off ,got 10 hours sleep last night. Incisions clean as could be. NO YARD FLYING

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

-the other thing I learned from the crainiotomy. Cancer WILL NEVER TAKE MY PEACE AND CONTENTMENT AGAIN----EVER. Whatever may happen in this life, I will not EVER give it that power AGAIN. It robbed us , as a thief, of 3 years of our lives. Cancer may try to be a thief again, I may ultimately feel cancers hatred, it may kill me, but it will never be let into my soul and spirit again. (EDIT MAR 18TH 2014----INTERESTING I SHOULD FIND THIS AGAIN -NOW WITH THE THYROIF)

---------------SPELLING GOT REAL BAD------

APRIL17TH- win'r be posting till incision stops misbehavig

APRIL 18TH Not catching everything b/c it's blurry..... I have no idea what makes sense b/c i , can't see wll without glasses, but it apparently doesn't shut me up LOL ------I can't dp spell check b/c the screen can't be seen without the magnifying glass. ----------well anuones pocket I have to be in tomorrow. I there on the bus Pocket. please anuome wanting to be inc;uded in our Novena let ne know----------we are formidible inour novenas--------if i have written anything that is risque. ----only b/c O can't see. But I think I'm doing pretty good. and the incision is happy. What atyping joke. sas

Can't tupe too well , bit jappy to be here sjeila to sheila

sgeula to sheula

Sheila---what a hoot I can't see the keys vcery well--------have to leave off reading glasses b/c of incicion

Sheila ----- duh-----my typing is really bad without blasse-------seruous bad whenI thijk it's rught

Sheila to sheila _yeag we are kindred spirits-----you van't believewhat it yook yo wriye that statement

having to wriye without glasses-------very weird.

Nust do so b/c of incisiun. and llck of glasses

Nancy im ypir pocket----------I still can'y see keysm but maube ot will make everyone lauhj. It takes so long to try and correct mospellimgs

S[ecial K I will put in an intention ------Yje intentions may make a special ytip

Anuone wantimg to be invlufed in The Divine Mervy novema. A suster mau be taking ukr inyemtions to the DM vhapel in MA. I'"ll Piy yjr ;omk below.

Ytping sutr os a chore whem tje keus are b;itty/ well what I see that word fits.

Thimkong of you all, welcome to all yje new sisters.----someone who knows why I'm typing so weirf please explain. Hopr to ne normal doon/

• sas-schatzi

MADDY..... I WAS TYPING LARGE AND BOLDING TO MAKE IT EASIER ON BLUEBIRD..... I WAS PROJECTING......... IT WAS VERY DIFFICULT AFTER CRANI TO SEE AND TYPE  FOR ME......... THERE'S A FEW EXAMPLES ABOVE......I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ELSE FOR HER....BUT I CAN DO THIS.... FOUND THE MADHATTER PIC. IT WAS POSTED BY VEGGY

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

well, cami needs a new hole in her head. NickyJ is flying high on a pump, bluebird is blurringly catching up (glad you're doing better).  Sas is running with dogs, I dutifully did my duty and sent in my poop test, it's requested by Kaiser once a year, no colonoscopy for me, yeah!

I got the 2nd bridesmaid dress done yesterday. Taking it to the shower on Sunday for fitting and measuring the next 2, one is pregnant.  I plan on getting the next one at least cut out next week, maybe even sewn together. Did I say that this is the last time I'm doing dresses for anybody! I so want to be done!

I'm going to go finish a wall hanging for my sister now for all the help during the past year. I have one more to do for my SIL too. Be back later.

• sas-schatzi

APRIL, SORRY ABOUT THE SHIT STORM, BUT AT LEAST YOU HAVE A THREAD WHERE YOU ARE GETTING GOOD ADVICE. gO GIRL GRAB HIS BALLS OR HER LABIA IF THEY REFUSE THE BIOPSY L&H&P&'S SWEETIE. SASSY

• sas-schatzi

DEBSJOURNEY-----WELCOME

SMARRTY, OH SMARRTY , WHEN WAS YOUR LAST SCOPE?

MADDY SORRY ABOUT THE AFTERNOON AND NIGHT , BUT YOU GET TO HAVE VERSED TOMORROW----LOVELY DRUG

TEKA ---THIS IRISH LASS HAD NARY A DRINK ON ST.PATTY'S DAY 

BLONDIE HUGS:)

BBL OFF TO VETS, SHATS HAS A TROUBLED EAR. NOT SURE IF DINI LIKED OFF THE FUR OR WAS TRYING TO HELP OH WELL IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

SOOO glad to see BLUEBIRD and NICKY posting here!!! Continued prayers and healing thoughts for both of you...

You, too, Miss Sassypants!!!

2TA - You are my colonoscopy guru!!!! I've needed one for the past two years, but just haven't gotten around to doing it. I now have more pounds to lose and I'm thinking that this might be a good jump start. Hint: set up your bathroom as a little nest.. put everything in there you might need... books, computer, supplies, wet wipes, a pillow, a blanket, your phone (but feel free to not call me if you are in the middle of your business..) Winking

~ ~ ~ 

DH came down with a nasty cold last week - very scary, as he has a totally compromised immune system (incurable kidney disease; on massive doses of Prednisone and Cyclosporine) and if he gets a bad infection he might not be able to fight it off. This is probably the worst one he's had since he was dx'd in 2011. 

For the past five days I played Nurse Nancy, kept him hydrated (with Blessing's Famous Elixer!) and doled out the few meds he is able to take. Fortunately, he was able to sleep for most of the past few days, and this morning, he feels quite good.

I, on the other hand, do not. We had to have a little "Universal Precautions" inservice this morning.... such as "CARRY THE %*&#(&ing CLOROX WIPES WITH YOU EVERYWHERE AND WIPE DOWN EVERYTHING!!!" and "COUGH INTO YOUR INNER ELBOW!" and other sweet directives.... a little late, but oh well.....

Devil

Luckily I stocked up on books at the thrift store, so after I finish here, I will be heading back to bed to read or sleep. (We already turned the guest bedroom into DH's Snoring Room, or Sick Room if needed, so that isn't an issue.)

Wishing all my Sister Owlettes a wonderful, relaxing day!!!!

xoxo

• Blessings2011

Stay well, Teka!!! Let me know if you want me to fax you some of my special Elixer!!! xoxo

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Sassy - Are we Don Quixote on a quest today? Maybe that is you, always questing/questioning something.

Busy day yesterday. Glaucoma doc - he's not pleased. Upped eyedrops again. Per a good Sassyfying I asked if it could be the Fluticasone nose spray - maybe/maybe not. PCP knows all about glaucoma and amt of drops I have to use. Pharmacist also said no problemo. Anyway appt again in a month to recheck. He said keep on using spray to not nec. discontinue it right now. Gosh with the amt. of rain we had Sat. everything will be blooming now.

So good to hear from Nicky. Hope you are doing good and resting and letting pain meds work.

Bluebird - I hope today finds your vision improving. Hang in there.

My drink after returning home from the big city was hot chocolate with nary a drop of alchy in it. Though maiden name is thoroughly German DM family very Irish - Kelley and Bryant (understand it was O'Bryant at one time). You'd think I would have had something. But I think I was saving it for tonight but no clue what it will be. Had a lovely Sangarita out Sat. night for Mex. Food group outing. Besides it was almost 7 when I got home and chores to accomplish so needed my wits about me - I know their not much but I needs alls I got.

OO - my GI office said pad piece of TP with hemm. wipe for comfort. It did require extra trash bag in BR. I wouldn't flush that many down my septic. Don't know if DH flushes his 1-2/day or not. As an aside I suddenly cannot find any generic brands of hem. wipes only Tucks. WTH goes with stocking stores? My local grocery, WallyWorld, CVS. Guess I will go on my on Don Q. quest next week in town for more to stock supply.

Blessings - hope your DH's nasty cold gives you only a passing glance. Glad he is on the mend. Scary.

Debsjourney - welcome fellow Texan to this group. I'm NW of Ft. Worth.

Well, cannot get to previous page or the new page that has started. Will post what I have if it takes. Fingers crossed.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

OMG!  Man!  I feel quite normal now, after reading what YOU say Sassy, Ha!  And the worst part is I understand everything you said!  We must be kindred spirits..... or both nuts!    That was mostly hystericall!  Sassy, you should copy and paste that somewhere, and print it off, just to look back on it, and see how WELL you are doing now! 

Sass, I had Lacee to the Vets so many times, for her ears!  But if the antibiotic drops don't work, it might be a yeast infection?  I looked it up, and ordered some cleaner and more drops online..... I finally sent the unused one back, when we lost Lacee.... but they seemed to help.... Her ears were always flaky, itching, and had so much of this awful "stuff" in them.....  I kept cleaning them out, but I think it finally made her hard of hearing....  Let me know what they say....

Also, am I just dense, or what is your Avatar?  Is it two guys on horses or something? 

It's amazing that I understand all those words Sass.... .... like with Cammi..... because I've been reading you both so long!

I'm cooking up bacon bits again..... for my re-fried beans..... Also some cornbread....  just because!  So I am having a Tostada again tonight....  I just love them.....  simple, with refried beans, lettuce and tomato and shredded cheese, and a few bacon bits.

Blessings, okay miss Nurse Nancy....... now WHAT is that special Elixer?    When I am having some sort of digestive  or stomach problems, I always make hot tea, with Aloe Vera juice in it....  It's a natural antibiotic, and really DOES cure stomach ulcers!   That was funny, what you said about the Clorox wipes!  The bleepity bleep, wipes, Ha, ha! 

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

My Brother sent me this....

"Do you like getting older?

I can hit the golf ball any way I can and laugh  if it goes in the lake. Them's the breaks. I'm just happy I  can still hit that golf ball. I  am forwarding this to those on my Seniors email list because  it is so well written. As  I've aged, I've become kinder to myself, and less critical of  myself. I've become my own friend. I  have seen too many dear friends leave this world, too soon;  before they understood the great freedom that comes with  aging. Whose  business is it, if I choose to read, or play, on the computer,  until 4 AM, or sleep until noon? I will dance with myself to  those wonderful tunes of the 50, 60 & 70's, and if I, at  the same time, wish to weep over a lost love, I will. I  will walk the beach, in a swim suit that is stretched over a  bulging body, and will dive into the waves, with abandon, if I  choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set. They,  too, will get old. I  know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life  is just as well forgotten. And, I eventually remember the  important things. Sure,  over the years, my heart has been broken. How can your heart  not break, when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers,  or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car or when your children choose not to communicate with you? But,  broken hearts are what give us strength, and understanding,  and compassion. A heart never broken, is pristine, and  sterile, and will never know the joy of being imperfect.  I  am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair  turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched  into deep grooves on my face. So  many have never laughed, and so many have died before their  hair could turn silver. As  you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less  about what other people think. I don't question myself  anymore. I've even earned the right to be wrong.  So,  to answer your question, I like being old. It has set me free.  I like the person I have become. I am not going to live  forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time  lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will  be. And I shall eat dessert every single day (if I feel like  it). "
  • Smaarty

Chevy, tell him that was a good one and so true.

SAS, I had a flexiscopy thing (sp) when I was 50. My gyn doc made me do it. None since, just the poop test.  When I did complain about problems my GP told me to eat more fiber. The problem was an enlarged uterus that was blocking things. It's gone now almost 2 years and I haven't had the issues anymore. 

Hmmmm, tostadas sound good.

• Smaarty

imageThis is for all the help my sister gave me this past year.

• sas-schatzi

Littlegoats, Yes, DonQ, always one of my favorites. AS is Felix Unger. So, and insane windmill chasing crusader that is OCD.  What else would fit? On 2D6, I am soapboxing. There are some wonderful researchers. Kayb, Voraciosreader, Greg Pawleski. I may have been a bit to strident yesterday. They haven't posted back, but they are all very busy folks. wonderful wonderful people.

Forget who gave Chevy instructions on how to do an avatar. I worked with it until I GOT IT and I UNDERSTOOD what I was doing. That's major. With the owls flying around, i half understand what i'm doing. I downloaded oodles of things I like for avatars. I was a leprechaun yesterday. 

So, it'll be great ! I'll decide who I want to be every morning.

Reminds me of a story(what doesn't LOL). This particular medic class, some of the students over drinks, told me they could tell what kind of mood I was in by what I wore. If I wore a uniform, or a lab coat with street clothes, or suit, jeans& sweater.& jacket. Meant nothing, but they thought it did. 

This class WAS NOT taking the math test serious. I was going to put 50% of them on probation. So, I wore a uniform, a lab coat, and nursing cap. 1978.

Mind you, I was the first nurse in the hospital to discard the cap in 1974--created a ruckus with management. But I wanted these guys to worry. 

Cap & uniform & lab jacket. What a hoot, the rumors flew all over the county. They straightened right up.

LMG tell me your drugs and I'll run them through my drug checker :)

MEN WHY ARE THEY SO HARD TO TEACH. THOSE WIPES ARE LIKELY VERY HARD ON SEPTIC. GO TO CONSTIPATION/RECTAL ISSUES THREADS---LOTS OF SUGGESTIONS ON KEEPING THE BUTT FROM HURTING. I'M PARTICULAR TO BAG BALM. BUT SOMEONE MENTIONED BUTT PASTE.(HEHEHEHEH)

• sas-schatzi

BLUEBIRD WHAT'S YOUR NEED? IS THE LARGE LETTERING HELPING. ARE YOU FLYING IN THE BACKYARD? TELLS US WHAT YOUR NEED IS AND WE WILL DO IT  :)

NICKY WHAT CAN WE DO FOR YOU?

• sas-schatzi

Chevy, Don Quixote and his side kick Sancho Panza (had to look that up). "Man from La Mancha." It was a movie with Peter O'Toole and Sophia Loren. The You Tube 8 minutes, I couldn't hear well, but my speakers suck or maybe my hearing. The song "Impossible dream" came from the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbDDE1Y0FZY&list=RD...

by Perry Como

I've linked Wikipedia------only read the synopsis. The rest is boorish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_of_La_Mancha

I got to see it at the Fox Therater(sic) in Detroit, live. I was a teenager.  I love Don Quixote- Cervantes. Many phrases have come from the show. "Chasing Windmills" is one. Many phrases from Impossible dream are quoted too. "too right the unrightable wrong, that is my quest" My quest now, is testing to prevent harm by drugs. Cervantes is insane, but in his insanity he seeks what is right. :)

I had a phone call----the song on the string kept playing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbDDE1Y0FZY&list=RD...

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463

Chevy your post almost made me cry. so true! i am feeling better everyday and my eyes are so much better. i posted a whole book practically on TNS so my brain is trying

thank you sas for all your advice and support from someone who has had a cranisostomy. 

We'll just have to keep everyone else on their toes, theyrre so jealous of us. 

Feeling better but sadder. decided to rehome some of my animals today. my husband took care of them all last year through chemo and surgery and radiation but he'll be traveling more this year and I don't have confidence yet

goodnight beautiful owls

• sas-schatzi

Smarrty is that needlework?  What ? It's beautiful

Chevy----------I feel so bad --Shats has a bad ear infection both ears. She's seven and never had any indication of an infection.  BUMMed. Mama wasn't paying attention. But she didn't do any of the usual--head shaking, foot thingy--I think Dini has been trying to fix it. I only noticed b/c her hair seemed thin on the ear----when I looked in side it was OMG-------anyways she saw the vet today---we are on treatment.

• Smaarty

SAS, it's thread play. Multiple pieces of fabrics and lots of stitching!  I have two more I want to do, daisies for SIL and orchids for girlfriend. Hopefully I can have both done this summer. Once these weddings are over, I'll have more free time! Ha!

Bluebird, you must be doing much better, no typos and you made perfect sense!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Smarty that beautiful.

Bluebird I'm glad every day brings u closer to feeling better.

Chevy I loved what u'r DB sent u--It's so true and kind of weepy in a way--I enjoyed that.

• sas-schatzi

Smarrty you are of an age that colonoscopy is indicated------sorry, but true----so ask around about the best scopist--------mine has the reputation of having the worst beside manner, but I rue the day he retires------------besides i had at table work with him, called him on the sly when nurses were screwing up and the patient was going south(BAD)----saying get in here now.He was there always in short order. smarrty lets talk ----------------look by the time a hemacult is positive you have cancer or divertic.............I hate them..............

• Blessings2011

• sas-schatzi

Bluebird --what dear heart does "We'll just have to keep everyone else on their toes, they're so jealous of us" .........Mean.............

Blue you are still under the influence of high dose steroids---------higher than chemo-----------look i was flying in the backyard............knew better , yet it happened.  NO one gave me guidance. MY guidance to you is----is settle, do nothing, except walk with someone that has your arm, on an even surface. Whomever, is your caretaker right now.,you must talk to them. Steroids can make your mind oh so screwy.

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324

ok Sas you are right I do follow what is going on just never feel I have much to say..😊. I am doing good.  I am getting a new leg soon.  Hoping it will be more comfortable than the one I have now.  The ankle on the new one is suppose to have more motion so hoping I can go out on the lawn this summer with the grandchildren and play with them.  Told my legman that I want to be able to run.  Not run marathons but be able to run after one of the granddaughters or run to catch a ball or run across the street if a car was coming.. Things like that.  He said it would be possible for me to do.  I would probably go back for some out patient PT to help me with it..  Well that's what's going on with me.  Oh and tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of my Mom's death and next Sunday will be 1 year for my Dad's passing.  I am going to my daughters tomorrow and play with the granddaughters.  Hoping that will distract me from thinking about a year ago...  Ok going to go try to get some sleep..  Goodnight all

Cindy AKA Squishy

• vinniemyers
    vinniemyers Member Posts: 58

another long day tattooing and looks like a longer night without a ton of sleep. I tattooed a couple of ladies today that had really good recons and a couple that did not... kind of weighs on me. Should I say something or should I not? Touchy subject in most cases. Sometimes I sit awake at night and wonder how I should approach these things... should I speak up or remain silent? Sometimes I hate this job and sometimes I just love it. I wish there was a way to have everyone look great after recon and then reality sets in... I guess I shouldn't post this stuff but somehow I need to vent to those that can relate... in some ways. Sorry if I throw this shit on you all... I have to go to bed at sometime tonight and I will be playing back the tattoos of the day and wonder if there was a way to make things right for some... guess I can just do what I can...Tattooing starts at 9am back to the grind....

Night all ... sleep tight... I will try... V