Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Good night Sharon! Good night Cami! Good night Vinnie! Good night Owlettes!

GOOD NIGHT JOHN BOY!

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

yeh, I think the east owls are in bed.  Hope those who have stuff tomorrow are able to get some sleep. 

Happy spring! (It is here).

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

I am here....Happy Spring!!!

• 2nd_time_around

Blondie, sorry you're awake at this hour.

• Smaarty

blonde, why you up? Is it suppose to snow again?  Someone said all the snow was gone?

• Smaarty

be right back, gonna get some ice cream.

• Smaarty

I'm back. Who's here? Anybody?

• 2nd_time_around

I'm here, Smaarty (was busy PM'ing you). Ice cream? I'm going to get an apple.... Enjoy your ice cream!

• Smaarty

all gone! Pm you back.

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

Sorry - this is mean....

• 2nd_time_around

Blessings, funny! How are you doing? Bringing out the spring pj's?

• 2nd_time_around

yup Blessings, it works, and that's so funny!

• Smaarty

can't imagine it being that bad. Funny. I would never live in snow country! Ever!

• Smaarty

gotta go to bed. Have to be up early tomorrow, taking GS to have his lumbar nerve block. Hope this finally stops his pain.

• 2nd_time_around

nighty night, Smaarty! Hoping it works, too

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Good Morning all

Smaarty we all hope it works for u' GS.

And the weather  is so funny, but not funny.

Thank u Vinnie for sharing so much with us--if I wasn't deboobed I would definitely lie, cheat and steal to get to u--I've seen pictures of u'r work and it is masterful. Don't ask me where cuz I honestly don't remember it was a while ago and I wondered why everyone talked about u and u are a master. Awhile back I saw a tattoo on a deboobed women that looked like a banded top, it must have taken forever but it was such a wonderful Idea (I'm no a tattoo person) but this made me one, it covers her whole area and I really thought it  was a little top, and thinking she could wear so many things that would be V neck and no one would see her scars. Thank u again for talking with us, u r special.

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463

Good morning,  just a quick update. Standing on the steroid ledge and waiting to get talked down. If they didn't make me bipolar by cleaving my skull in two, this steroid crash will. Super emotional and either feeling high or in the abyss.

I am reading much better thanks. No need for bold or caps anymore.

Thanks sassy for all your advice and help.

Vinnie, it is so ironic that you appeared here when you did. I literally would say "one step closer to tatts" each time I finished a treatment and it gave me such courage. 

Saw my radiation oncology team on Wednesday and I asked how long would I have to wait before I could have my expander out.  The lead doctor said,  "if I were you I wouldn't bother completing any  more reconstruction" .

I am devasted. Surgeon got all the tumor so I'm confused about why this doctor said that. I didn't hear anything else she said after that. It is a terrible thing when a doctor takes away all your hope.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Bluebird, 

So sorry that doctor said that ! Was someone with you? That was so cruel and insensitive. Hoping you see your MO or RO soon and have a more of private appt. where you can ask ? And he/she can explain what that " lead doctor" was trying to say. 

I cannot imagine how hard it is right now, with the steroids & this bull..... to have to try to make sense of. You have all of us behind you....lots of love, hugs & support...

• camillegal

Bluebird that sounds so disappointing, but he might have meant don't even think about it now-cuz he has this on his mind It's not easy for a Dr. to think ahead when u've had this setback---this is like saying to him that's not an urgent surgery and u'r body has had enough. We never know what they think actually. Some Drs. think that way not realizing what this means to a woman. So I'm sure u'rll find out what he meant but ask him or another Dr. why he said that, cuz u feel sad about all this. What u had is a huge surgery so this had importance to him?????

We're here bluebird so let us know.

• ziggypop
    ziggypop Member Posts: 276

Bluebird, 

It's hard to imagine what you are going through right now, I have only ever been on mild steroids & having drugs mess with your emotions on top of recovering from what had to be a scary surgery (even with us all in your pocket) and then having a doc say something so unthinking? That is just awful. 

If you are able to read better and things aren't jumping around - then you are getting BETTER. The steroid stuff will pass too & then you can deal with the reconstruction. Maybe that was what the doctor was trying (ineptly) to say ( like Cami said). One thing about docs, too, is that they all tend to focus on their own specialty & expect you to think of that as being the only thing too. 

Sending thousands of hugs your way. If need be, we'll go take that doc out for you. 

• ziggypop

One more thing, bluebird, you're right that nobody should ever take away your hope & I know you still have it because you are too strong to let anybody do that. But I have a lot of extra hope - so I 'hope' you'll accept this to add to your stockpile ~

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463

Zigs, thank you so much!  I have your hope rock in my pocket and the next time a doctor says something I don't like I'm going to konk her in the head and see how she likes it!

HOPE!!!!

comes in handy more ways than one

• ziggypop

LOL - yes - I purposefully sent you a nice big hope rock. You're getting better Bluebird, that's hope right there.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Bluebird, so happy you are seeing better.  On the advice thingies. :) You're doc is an analpore. (asshole). Don't you just wish when you talked with someone that stupid and mean ----that you could just hit the DELETE button?

New learning for me: I am now on 50 mcg of cytomel. 25mcg of cytomel is the equivalent of 100mcg of levothyroxine. So, I'm on effectively 200 mcg of levothyroxine. My dose before all this started was 25 mcg. of levothyroxine. It's amazing. So many things working better. I am convinced now they have no clue what the normal dose of thyroid should be.

New question: So, many sources have obesity as a risk factor for cancer. For me, I have had two officially dx'd cancers. Question:What does it mean that I had a rapid unexplained weight gain within the preceding months of the cancer? Does anyone else remember having a weight gain within the year before cancer?

• ziggypop

Blessings, I'm right smack in the middle of the purple NEVER land on that map and it's freaking snowing here. Hard. Totally sucks. Damn right about nuking the snowmen.

• camillegal

SasI'm from the simple way of thinking--not medical way and I always think for every action in u'r body there are other reactions involved, whether is a cold or a broken ankle-even if healed there might still be something that's is not as strong in u'r body--Our bodies are always (inside) in motion and most motions are good but if disease invades u'r body and all motions are not trustworthy and it's different for all of us. And everything that is done will cause all SE's of some kind. And even before cancer is caught it could interrupt the natural motion in the body. Like pain is good cuz it's a warning-but most of the time cancer has no pain so u'r body has to do something, anything different. Of course now thpain that a lot of us have are SE's it's the aftershock of the earthquake that happened within and who knows how much damaged it will end up causeing in order to keep cancer cells away. It has to be like a poison in our bodies in a sense. (chemo, rads) but at this point we've been totally invaded so reaction is only a common force. Disclaimer this is a nonestudy of anything meaningful it's just me and my own way of thinking. This can not be proved.

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

Bluebird ((hugs))

Smile

• camillegal

OK now my fun day yesterday--My Onc. office is the size of a huge maze (and I still get lost) u walk forever thru different hallways before u  find the one u need and someone has to walk u out or u'll just wonder around seeing the same people, trust me I know--So I had quite a work out but after I went to get my meds and a couple of things at the storand I told my DD I would go in well ok stupid me I should have used a cart just for support but I didn't know I would get lost in the store not finding what I wanted nothing was where I thought it would be so I was walking so long I started to bend over further and further and thought OMG if I had a hunchback, they would bring me to some church to ring the bell. Finally I found everything and when I went to get my meds I fell over the counter I couldn't move anymore--but I did make my way out as a lady older than me offered to help me--no thank you, I'd probably fall on her and kill her and get time for involuntary manslaughter and be wearing a monitor like Phyloankle. My DD did say to me I can't believe u didn't get a cart--duh it never dawned on me-

So anyway I have to get another bone scan and she felt a lump near my gone breasts and asked if I ever felt that and I quickly told her there's no reason to feel myself up anymore so no I didn't notice it. So bone scan it is all over--more radiation but either a song or rosary will be said while I'm in that stupid tubeI'm going Monday afternoon. I'm really not concerned just takes up my day for nothing. So that's my story not very interestin but I took a pain med and I'm rolling now I've totally rolled out. LOL.

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

Camie ((hugs))

Don't try to do everything by yourself(I'm telling myself that too)