Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

• Chevyboy

Available from Amazon

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Glad you're here Bluebird.  I hope it doesn't hurt when you laugh because ziggy and the girls are making us do alot of it.  Stay fierce lady!

• vinniemyers
    vinniemyers Member Posts: 58

Chevyboy...

TEASE ME? sweetheart I have been working in a tattoo shop for the past 25 years... I am over prepared for a bit of teasing but remember... I fire back!!! lol...

Bluebird...

If you doc is saying things like that to you it sounds like time for a new doc! If as a doctor... that treats people everyday, he cannot show a little compassion or say nice things... BE A VERERINARIAN!!!  I don't mean to shout but that kind of thing drives me f-ing crazy!  I hope you are feeling better today and everyday... you deserve it ! And remember... I will be seeing you soon for some beautiful cherries on those cupcakes!!! And I know how to tattoo some seriously nice cherries!!!

I have four ladies coming in today... six solid days of tattooing this week....41 women  in all... I hope to get to 50+ every week by the end of the year...seems hard to believe that there are that many ladies in need and that this is only the tip of the iceberg. VERY sad indeed!

My sister is starting her fourth year BC free tomorrow...YAY!!!  She was not happy to hear that she will have to take the tamoxifen for an additional 5 years... she was hoping this would be her last year but now the doc is saying that 10 years is better... she wasn't too happy about that but as it stands now the tamox is her "breast friend" so keep on keeping on with it .... 

Off to the grind in a few... have a great day ladies... and bring on the teasing... I'm ready for it!

V

• Chevyboy

Oh?  He called me "Sweetheart!"  that means he loves me more than the rest of you guys....  DON'T you Vinnie!    And are you telling Bluebird to become a Vegetarian?  Or a Librarian?  WTH?  Whatever!  I took Tamoxifen....  key word here is "took".....  SE's weren't all that bad, but something about that, and some gene I have, made me have a small "infarction" in my brain stem....(yes I have one) and so I lost my hearing.... but nothing a couple hearing aids couldn't fix...

So don't mess with me Vinnie Barbarino, cause I can HEAR you anyway....!  Sorry about your sister.... I'm going on 5 years out!  I don't mean out with YOU, but ..... oh never mind....   We'll have FUN with you!    And you almost said "f-----g"?  Oh yeah..... You fit right in!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Good morning owlettes, tea parties over. We are now on to Picasso.

Myra, blue wrote that she can see now so we can type regular, but thanks so much for doing it. It meant allot when I couldn't see too. Compazine heh. Phenergan took me out into a worm whole in the universe. just like in jodie foster's "Contact". 

Nice Hat debz, both a teacup and a hat, two for one very clever

Chevy, erhh that was the healing muscles, letting you know that even when DH's not aroung to scold ----they will. AND they get physical. Can you report them for domestic abuse. Wonder how the poor cops would handle the call. LOL

Vinnie glad you are staying, you need a place to be crazy. Let the teasing commence. "Full speed ahead"

Not sure what happened with my lovely reving up medicine. Sleep attacks very frequent.

Teka nice tea sets---------old and new :)

Good morning to everyone I didn't specifically say howdy too.

• sas-schatzi

Dutch we will do something about the 2d6 testing, but must paint and sleep

• myra104
    myra104 Member Posts: 54

Good morning crazies!  Man I miss coffee,  especially after 3 hrs of sleep, I'm pretty wired still from steroids yesterday so probably don't need it.

Feeling pretty good after taxol #4, 9 more left!!!!!  Woo!  Then let the wine flow!

My doc told me tamoxifen for life now... Unless recurrence then I'm onto mets, 30% in five for that...didn't even want to ask about 10 yrs, lol!!  Waevaaaaaa!

I missed a page in my marathon of reading so I think I will hook up the notification...ADD on chemo makes it confusing to use the bathroom.

I have been craving a spicy Bloody Mary with GG brought by my cabana boy sitting on the beach....ahhhhhh!

My husband and his nephew busted up in my bedroom this morning with all this camera equipment and the toddler...he has been trying to get a tv reality or talk show for the last year so now that peeps are noticing a little he wants to video everything...funny silly guy that man!!

Ok, off to kick my dd out to a play date, gotta keep her busy!  Wish I had a squishy cuddly 7 weeker to chill with, enjoy!!! 

Feel great today everyone!  Even Vinnie!!

• sas-schatzi

I must get everything done for phyllywtihthebraceletsvisit--new bed for me and DBF. She gets the old beds, choice between soft and firm. I prefer firm. Her beds will vibrate. The Bathroom ( 1 year, 2 month and 15 days) is almost back in commission. I keep changing the end point by adding stuff. Now it's crown molding. I'll be marblizing the crown mold so that will take a few extra days. Faux finish. Driving poor DBF crazy. The TV works and it's fun having one in the BR.

Cleared visit with local police.

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

Teka, that was sweet. (See you can be nice) just don't over do it!

Anita, don't know how you do it, but hang in here, these ladies are nice, crazy, funny as hell, and most seemed to have been there, done that.

Chevy, I WANT more!   Ooooh! Can you come do mine? Calif weather is much better than yours!

SAS, (why does my iPad always caps you??) love the new avatar. I found out January 2012 that I have diverticulitis from a scan done for gallstones. My pg at the time didn't mention to tell me. Also said it wasn't the gallstone that was hurting. Yeh right, the gallbladder came out 2 months later. Want to be grossed out? I have a pic of them.

Hi to the new guys. Ok, I have to get ready to leave for a quilting class. Talk tonight. I'll post a pic if it turns out ok.

• Chevyboy

I always prefer "firm" myself....  AND vibrate?    You GO girl!

Yes, I did "Faux" finish in my Living/dining room!  I ragged the walls, and they came out beautiful!

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

forgot to say hi Vinnie. I'll talk to you later.

• myra104

sassy dropping bombs, is that your bracelet?  Who has a bracelet?  Sounds like a pretty stressful event occurred...remodeling and new beds, I'm tired just thinking about all that!

• sas-schatzi

Chevy hahahahah-wonndered who would get that in the middle of talking remodeling. I was betting on 44444444 hahahahah

MYRA------------bursting men into your bedroom with camera's. Good lord, how did Dh know you'd have something on. The next time he does that have one of those realistic blow up guys...have a camera ready for his response. LOLOLOL. Does a 7 weeker mean a new baby :) yes new babies in the morning breast feeding in bed laying by your side. Nothing sweeter. So, you have a toddler and DD How old?

Let's have a check on who's in active treatment. Myra, Smarrty, Tang, Blondie, Blue, Dutchy, debz, 4444444, maddy, Anita, Gardengumby, Hole-in1. ziggy. blessings.littlegoats, spookie, Squishy, Nicky, Teka , wren

missing a few newbies MinusTwo, Meremere, Jwoo & carren

Not in treatment Chevy,sas, cami, phylianklebraceletlawbreaker, Vinny

Will have to look back a few pages. But what is newly thought of is there are a bunch with kids. Shitty*^%%^&& you are going through cluccking BC. YAY you have someone to share with about your little ones and not so little. We all will enjoy your stories about the kids. Keep them coming.

Maybe pain med is making me loopy.

Smarrty--it's a wierd thing how many people loose their GB after a stressfull body experience.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Loopy can be good. I need the housekeeping boot in the butt big time - How's that for alliteration for you English majors? I have at least put a goat coat for those cold weather goat chores in the washer. My fav. thrift store had coats 1/2 off the other day. WooHoo - too bad I couldn't find a nice one but honestly I wear the goaty one more than a good one.

On oh about 3rd cup of coffee. I just empty out what DH makes and then start on hot tea. Damp/ugly here but will not get enough rain to matter any.

Yes Phyllis and I are planning a jail break tomorrow on her way through west side of Metroplex though I do believe it is snowing in Neb. today.

• sas-schatzi

I'm brilliant---sometimes LOLOL. I'm so proud of myself, I just have to brag. This tile I chose for the bathroom is Roca Carrera Suite Lines. It is like a raised bead board, but it's tile.  Costly, 12 x 36 inch, but charged 12 x 12 @7.20(8.60) square foot. 

When the guys put it up, they didn't catch that there were two pieces that the edge of the below tile was between 1/16 to - 1/8 inch further out than the above tile. The tile is manufactured marble so has shades of off white to darker gray. When they grouted with white grout, that  small space made it look like a straight white line for 18 inches right in the middle of the wall and 4 inches in another spot. The 4 inch spot was behind the door. 

What to do with the 18 inch horizontal line? Couldn't remove the piece. Apparently, risk of all other tile on wall could fail/loosen. I'm painting the white line. First coat is a light gray. It's reduced the whiteness of the grout by at least 50%. Will add one more coat. Then paint a darker gray on the top of each gray line. Is that cool or what. I'm so excited. The disappointment was really a big deal, guys didn't think it was anything. Guys!

Suite Lines Carrara Blanco 12X36

Suite Lines Carrara Blanco 12X36

• sas-schatzi

Jwoo & carren

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

44444 was out getting her truck or she SO would have been there first!!!  Told you Chevy and I were a lot alike Loopy

Chevy, You really need to be careful when you offer/threaten to TEASE a BOY.  I mean, Their brains work differrently you know!!!  And then you throw in firm and vibrating!!!! Vinnie is gonna think you are stalking him!

No Active treatment here, just my Tammy.  Right recon starting over though.  Hey, I should ask Vinnie about that and what he has seen on the fat grafting stuff for rads reversal!!  I'm about to go debandage and see how bad it really looks now that it is flat as a pancake.  Feeling like Wylie Cayote here.  Around the drain hurts and guaze is stuck, think that's the hurt.

I got the bunch of kids thing going on though!!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Um, I'm not in active treatment either. Just that damn pill. 

SAS do you still have my phone#?

When is Phyllos ETA?

• myra104

not my 7 weeker!!  Someones grandbaby is visiting on here, i would just want a part time...okay like an hour with a newborn.  Omg that would be four, my DH will have to find another girl for that I'm fixed after 3rd (the toddler)...then DD is 6 and DS is 9.

Here they are:

• 4sewwhat

What a cutie Myra!  Your son is cute too!!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Myra how adorable--

And I cn't remember anything now to much talk, not enough action here. Chevy Sas said u broke u'r legs and I believed her and 444 set me straight.

Somehow Vinnie came here and I'm so glad but sorry about u'r sister.

OK Tea party over--are u all surviving? Yea tea the real drink.

I feel bad when there is so many in chemo now--it's easy for us to say it'll go by fast, or hang in there, but it's difficult we know but necessary so we'll just guide u thru it with all our experience but don't listen to any of us but Sas cuz she really knows--as everyone kow I don't know anything about different chemos just drips to me. Like a lot of people I've met in my life.

I'm so very tired today so I'm jThat's my bright spot.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

image here's our real tea party--admit it.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

Myra adorable

Sassie and Phyllie love the pix

Phllie long time no talk to...

thanks Cammie, unfortunately I am on chemo forever...starting a new one on wednesday...you guys help me each and every day go through this, I know I am not alone even if you guys are on the puter...

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

sas, I sure hope you're wrong about the gaining weight theory. I have gained 1 lb per DAY this week. I'm not dieting, but sheesh!  I'm going to be dieting if this keeps up. Also, I'm just on anastrasole for treatment. I even escaped rads when I went for the mx.

• myra104

last one

• myra104

here's the before mastectomy girls night:

Sorry I'm on steroids I think:

I'm just had #4 of 12 weekly Taxols...after chemo 35 rads

• 4sewwhat

My kids used to be that cute and small.  Now half of them are in high school and eating me out of house and home.  Both about 6'2" and the 14 year old wears a size 15 shoe!!  The other 2 are not far behind!  I should have tied bricks on their heads and quit feeding them when they were little!!

Blondie, good luck with the new one!!!  Saw your pics over on shutterfly!  You all looked like you were having so much fun!

Cami, you are looking for ACTION???  I thought that was what Chevy and Zigster did?  Be careful if you try to move in on their corners!  I'd go after Chevy's territory first cuz we all know she can't run in those heels!!

Wren, good luck with the AI.  They scare me with everything you all say about them.  I am fortunate that Tammy and I get along swell, no problems at all. (hope I didn't jynx that!)

Smaarty, I am having consult to get rid of GB week after next.  Don't know what I am going to do, but really thinking about getting it gone before they start my recon over again since it is on the same side.

Hi Sas, Teka, Spookie, Anita, and anyone else I am missing.

LilGoats, have fun with PhyllietheHusker.  Have you seen Thelma and Loise lately???  Well that was based on her and Big Alice, I think!!

Happy Saturday to the Parliment!  Betcha didn't know that is what they call a group of owls!  A Schizpphrenia of Hawk Owls is another alternative, Hmmmmmmmmmmm!

Collective Nouns

While "parliament" is the generally accepted word for a group of owls, here are alternatives and additions that I've seen:

A bazaar of Owls
    A brood of Owls
    An eyrie of Owls
    A hooting of Owls
    A looming of Owls
    A nest of Owls
    A stooping of Owls
    A brood of Owlets
    A diss of Owls
    A pair of Owls
    A parliament of Owls
    A sagaciousness of Owls
    A stare of Owls
    A wisdom of Owls
    A stable of Barn Owls
    A jail of Barred Owls
    A prohibition of Barred Owls
    A schizpphrenia of Hawk Owls
    A volery of Little Owls
    A parliment of Long-eared Owls
    A blizzard of Snowy Owls

http://www.owlpages.com/articles.php?section=other...

• 4sewwhat

Myra,

I had a "Kiss My Boobs Goodbye" party!  About 40 of us went to dinner and dancing.  My friends were planning a "Welcome Home Twins" tacky lingerie shower when the mishap happened, So we had a wake for the lost twin instead.

If you don't laugh, you cry!!!  I laugh a lot!

• sas-schatzi

Cami you are the essense of everything good. sweetie. I didn't say Chevy broke her leg, but there was a play on words that needed work to figure out. Sorry, I worried you, mea culpa. Cami, my knowledge of chemo drugs is weak. I know about the drugs I took. But not the others. I can research though. Reading the stuff on or about medical stuff is literally latin, greek, german. The AI's are a form of chemo in that they are a preventative or interfere with cancer returning.

TEKA so right the way you put it, "Who's On First" applies well. But we've had a bit of a review. 

Plus, I wanted to see if we were missing talking with anyone. Mermere hasn't been back in 10-11 pages. I'll pm her and see if she wants to make us part of her rounds or home. Sometimes people decide a particular thread doesn't fit them.

Myra your pics are great keep them coming.

Wren, it's an interesting concept. I'm going to see if Greg palewski has ever come across anything. He and VR are consumate researchers. The weight gain in each situation was highly unusual. I do know I've read of how the body stores fat for future needs. I'll let you know if they've seen anything

Blondie HUGS know you are always there. Good luck with new treatment. Spookie will call soon.

I FORGOT SOTERIA ON THE REVIEW-------YOO HOO SOTERIA HOW ARE YOUHOO :)

Cooking a soup need to pay attention to it for a bit.