Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Cami yes, I agree with you. I'm pondering. Did the body respond to the change occurring by gaining weight. Both weight gains were a change from normal. Rapidly occurring. Unexplained by diet or activity. It just started and happened very fast. So, is it a protective mechanism to the presence of a change. If it were connected, then it would mean that there is something in the body that recognized the cancer long before it was evident by existing diagnostic tools.

All the research I've read, has referred to obesity as risk--cause-- related to cancer. I've never seen anything related to a sudden change prior to a diagnosis or earthquake as you described as being a symptom that cancer may be developing. Therefore, could the rapid weight gain-- sudden change be considered a clue that a total evaluation be considered for identifying a developing cancer. In each case prior to the weight gain i had a long period of stable weight.

Conversely, rapid weight loss of unknown reason has been for decades to be considered a sign that something serious in the body may be occurring.

It could be argued or pointed out that the thyroid when it is hypofunctioning as mine has been dx'd since 2007 leads to weight gain. My hypofunction was really at the very low end of normal. Doc thought I'd feel better with a small dose of thyroid.

The two weight gains occurred right before dx of each cancer. After the BC removal I lost 53 lbs. that weight stayed stable for 4 years. Then the weight started to increase, accelerating progressively .

Remember when we had the discussion about Optic Migraines on STFU. There were about 7-8 of us that have them. The group was < 20 women. The statistic I found said that 1:200 people had optic migraines.  Our little group was way above the standard population. Was that simply chance, or did it have a significance.

OH well, that and 10 cents won't get a cup of coffee :)

• sas-schatzi

Cami in your pocket for monday, sorry your day yesterday was miserabl. HUGS 

• ziggypop
    ziggypop Member Posts: 276

Sassy, are we having a tea party at your place today? Chevy, where ARE you? When you are not here I seriously worry that you just got in way too much trouble last night doing God only knows what. Seriously. And Cami is wandering all over hell and back and getting herself all tired out but still making promises to the tattoo dude... We're going to have to get all of you ankle moniters.  

• sas-schatzi

X  <---------I am here, yes yes a tea party, 

• ziggypop

That's Bluebird on the left in the blue dress with the big head, Chevy (of course) with the tiara, bunny ears - Cami, Vinny, Sassy at the head of the table with hole sitting next to her in her cute little golf outfit. The rest of us will be there soon 'cause you KNOW Sassy throws a good partay. 

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

no snow, steroids!!!

• InspiredbyDolce
    InspiredbyDolce Member Posts: 987

FierceBluebird - It's hard to gauge what the doctor meant ... however, my first inclination was that he wasn't making that statement because he thinks your prognosis is poor.  I believe he was thinking that you might be going through radiation, and with the side effects of that, might not be in a position of strength or timing with the radiation to consider an implant exchange.  I think his words were not in regards to your prognosis, but instead due to the order of things in which they need to happen.  Meaning he wants to set priority on your treatment first, and then focus on getting you reconstructed.

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463

Inspired, that must be it. The Russian doctor was a woman who was not the warm and fuzzy type and she was probably thinking, "  THEESE WOMAN IZ CRAZY. SHE JUST HAD GIANT TUMOOR REEMOVED AND ALL SHE THINKS ABOUT IS HER BOOB."

Love, love, love the tea party!  Pass the tea!  Can I sit next to Vinnie and talk about fishing? 

I will tell that doctor the next time I see her, "'You should learn not to make personal remarks,' (Alice said with some severity;) 'it's very rude.'

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Inspired are u new, I don't think I know u--if u are welcome--join in anytime we'd like to get to know u.

• camillegal

image Oh this is more like how our tea parties end.

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

hahaha...Camie!!

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

the nerve block doesn't seem to have worked. It may improve over the weekend. Don't know what's next.  

Hate tea! If you bring some soda and chocolate I'll come too.

• sas-schatzi

This is me when I'm not the Mad hatter

this is phylyjester

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

imageJust perfect for us. I want to join Ziggy's teaparty but not her snowstorm. We are having beginnings of dust storm again. Wish I had just a small wind generator. There is a ridge going up towards Wichita Falls that is full of them.

Maybe Russian doctor has no people skills Fierce. But I agree with Inspired (welcome here) too. Just Russian doc cannot express herself well in English. BTW Fierce I read your explanation to myself in a heavy Ruskie accent.

Glad your vision is better. But for gosh sakes take it easy girl.

Yes Sassy I was one of the ones with ocular migraines which I've not had now in several months.

Cami - yes our tea parties are wild and now you're going to be able to get yur alchy at Starbucks. Now a shot a Kahlua in you coffee sounds nice but most people drive there - will you get in in drive thru? I too will be in your pocket for your bone scan Monday. Sorry yesterday was such a sucky day.

image These look like fun times people. Let's drink what they're drinking. Winking

• luvmygoats

Missed your post Smaarty. Hoping the weekend makes some improvement in GS's pain.

• sas-schatzi

Nap attack SSSSSSSSssssssss

• tangandchris

luvmygoats-sorry to say, but that bunny looks creeeeepy!!

It sure is windy today, so that dust is just gonna kick up big time...but this weekend the rain might wash it out, no?

This afternoon is just dragging, I'm working and it slow which makes it worse. 2 1/2 more hours :(

Anyway, I've got nothing to really talk about...just talking to talk. ((hugs))

• camillegal

Tang Friday afternoons always drag---tho I used to woek Tuesday-Sat. I never got used to it but I loved having Monday off but then I hated Tues, cus it was a 12 hr. day--Of course when I was on steroids whoa did I work without being tired==no one thought I really had cancer til I would come in on Saturday (sometimes) and looked like sickness all over and could barely move---LOL

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

Ladies!  WTH?  You're having a party without me?  Wait...CAMMI - I told you to delete that photo of me on the floor!  You slut!  Anyway, thanks for blurring out the part showing my knickers.  I tripped over that hat I was wearing with all the stripes.  The bartender made me do it.  I was trying to look up his kilt - the red plaid one in the photo.  Did HE have on knickers?  Hmmmmm

P

• phgraham

p.s.  Welcome to the new owls and glad you're back to the ones who went thru bad stuff lately.  Bad stuff sucks.

P

• camillegal

Phyloslut I cover u up u had nothing on So at least I did that.

I get so many hang-up calls I feel like one of them will say I'm in the house---This number must have been in action not to long ago. OOOHHH maybe it was Chevy's number cuz she has to change it often well,, just because--u know.

• tangandchris

Just scheduled my US for next Thursday morning...they have me down for possible aspiration if there is in fact fluid in there. I called my Onc's office to see if its too much for me to do that the same day as chemo, I'm trying to squeeze everything in on my day off. I'm starting to feel anxious, even though doc says she's not too worried since this is all on my non-cancer side...but wtf is this lump/mound??

I know everyone has alot going ((hugs)) everyone!

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

wow, could I use a party! I'll bring some snacks.

Wait, I'm confused. Is our beloved Bluebird now FierceBluebird? If so, what happened?

• ziggypop

2 timer - They drilled into our sweet lil' bluebird's big ol' head and she stayed our sweet lil' bluebird even when Sassy made us all yell at her, but then this mean ol' bulldyke (no offense to bulldykes) Ruskie (no offense to Ruskies) bee-atch (no offense to bitches) was all, "No tit tatts for you, " and THAT ruffled her feathers big time and now she's all, "I'm going all Brooklyn on that bitch's ass; I'm una brain HER with a big ol' rock and fly away to a mad tea partAY and chat with the Vinnster 'bout fitchin' 'cuz I am DONE with this chit.

• ziggypop

Chevy, are you in jail?

• phgraham

rofl zigglet!

• ziggypop

I'm bringing a cake!

and pretty hookahs for everyone!

Yep, I'm just pretty much here talking to myself, 'cause that's just how I roll. 

• luvmygoats

Ziggy You make me laugh so much. Thanks. DH wanted to know what was so funny.

• camillegal

Ziggy where is Chevy, u'r right---I bet she got caught this time. She'll do something to get herself out of it, like pretend her hip is broken. She'd better be all right.

I'm glad my hospital is so close cuz when I go for tests, my DD or SIL can just drop me off nd I call them when I'm done, we're only about a mile from there so when I go Monday I always feel like it's no big deal for either one of them, And I hate anyone going with me anyway so it works out good.

• sas-schatzi

OMG.....I ask everyone to a tea party and have a sleep attack...I wake up and everyone's gone