Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463

ziggy you are such a healing force you don't even know it! my husband is also wondering what I'm laughing at and I feel so much better today thanks to this wonderful forum!

Healing hookah happy vibes to everyone!

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

image I'm still here popping in and out. Watching Gosford Park again.

I could get lost looking in Google Images.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

Here's me and Sassy drinking our tea:  image

Some are not so sure: image

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Ziggy so cool murano glass huka--hookah(?) pipes. That's high art glass cool. The cake is gorgeous, the Mad hatter approves indoubitally!

Cami did you call Chevy....she must be in trouble.

Okay her's the scoop, I called Chevy. She's sitting on the couch with a heating pad. BECAUSE she went shopping today---walked all over the place. Then came home and RAKED leaves and MOVED cement PLANTARS. What did she have> Oh yeah a broken leg ...when 5 weeks ago. OKay, that's long enough to behave.

Hey bluebirds fighting streak has surfaced -------they all better watch out for the FIERCE BLUEBIRD. 

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

She should be sitting on the couch with a drink!!

I can't comment on her activity level.  She and I are too much alike in that respect!!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

No Sas I didn't talk to her that goofy broad--she really has a broken leg?, on the same side. OMG I guess she wasn't in enough pain so she had to go further. No wonder, cuz she's always around bothering the hell out of me, Now I have to be nice to her. Brat.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

Cami, I don't think Chevy broke herself AGAIN.  I think Sas was just pointing out that she was recently BROKEN and went all OVER ACHEIVER today!!!

• camillegal

OH well u know I take things literally.

• sas-schatzi

4444444444 oh yeah, you were the one running around on crutches and doing all this stuff. What did you cook for the tea party, or did I miss it.

These look good

Did you have a hat?

• sas-schatzi

444444right on with the interpretation/translation, maybe i should take you with me everywhere.

• Debzjourney14
    Debzjourney14 Member Posts: 41

You gals are hillarious!  I'm a newbie so I kind of feel like a party crasher!Loopy Reading here really helps my anxiety about my upcoming stuff!

• sas-schatzi

Debzy, you aren't a party crasher, get a cup of tea a join in---see if you can find a hat

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

I'm mostly packed and the car loaded up.  Just a few things to add in the  morning.  Talked to LovelyGoats and will meet up with her on Sunday.  Sorry I couldn't get a stop with Beatmon.  I will have to check in with my P.O. but I'm sure he's cool with the trip through 15 states with my ankle monitor.

FiercelyBlue-Bird - I'm so glad you straightened out those doctors that put the hole in your head.  I mean really!  Some others here have holes in their heads, but they didn't earn them the same way you and Sassy did....and don't let them tell you different.

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Oh Ziggy you make me laugh out loud but  there is no one here to wonder what I'm laughing about.  I have startled a cat a time or two. 

Cami you make me laugh too.  I see you have a bone scan on Monday.  They called me today, my scan is on Tuesday.  So I'm in your pocket on Monday and you're in mine Tuesday?  What are we doing on Wednesday?

Chevy,  I get that you're all revved up and thinking you're ready to go but start in first gear.  Then make sure you hit each gear on the way to full speed.  Am I making sense?  At least more sense than Cami?  (sorry cami)

• myra104
    myra104 Member Posts: 54

Amen on the board posts, it's great though;) however, my replies to everyone for lacking trying so oh well.

OH BLUEBIRD IS THE CAPS WORKING? HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER:)

WHOSE GETTING A SNOWSTORM?  CARAZY!!

DUTCH YOU SHOULD TAKE SASSY WITH YOU TO THE DR!!  SHE WILL GET THE RIGHT TESTING FOR YOU!  

SPOOKIE CONGRATS!!!!  CARREN And WARRIOR JUST FINISHED TOO:) I CANNOT WAIT...THROUGHING A HUGE PARTY FOR MY FRIENDS FAMILY AND HELPERS...I OWE THEM SOOOO MUCH FOR ALL THE CHILD CARE RIDES AND DINNERS PARYERS SUPPORT AND WORDS AND LOVE.

I WAS HAVING PAIN AGAIN AROUND MY MASTECTOMY AND DR SAID IT HAS FALLEN AND RUBBING AGAINST MY LOWER RIB CAGE. SMALL SURGERY FOR ME IN APRIL DURING TAXOL.  AS LONG AS NY COUNTS ARE GOID BUT THEY ARE CONSISTENTLY FALLING SO WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?  PROBABLY MORE DRUGS TO ADD A NEULASTA AND SOME OTHER CRAP...BLAH!

LOVELY STERIODS TODAY, PARTY TONIGHT WOOHOO!

TANG AND DUTCH, THAT IS WHAT BC SEEMS TO BE ABOUT....PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM.

STERIOD RANT BEWARE LONG AND ANNOYING FOR SOME:

SOME DAYS I HATE EVERYONE, I WAS EVEN ANNOYED FOR A HOT MINUTE WHEN I FIRST STARTED HEARING SOME FINISHING CHEMO.  THAT IS NOT ME THAT'S BC, IT'S HARD TO ENDURE!!  BUT YOU KNOW WHAT?  I ALSO BECAME SELFLESS BECAUSE I UNDERSTAND BC, I GET IT, I KNOW FROM LIVING IT AND BEING ON THESE BOARDS.  OUR LOVED ONES HAVE TO ADJUST TO SOMETHING THAT'S NOT TANGIBLE TO THEM MOST OF THE TIME...SO WHAT DO I DO?  MOVE FORWARD AS FAST AS I CAN, ACCEPT BAD DAYS FOR WHAT THEY ARE AND WAKE WITH A SMILE AS SOON As I CAN...I MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO DO THAT ONE DAY AND IF/WHEN IT HAPPENS I CAN FIND PEACE IN KNOWING I DID THE BEST I COULD.

IF I EVER HAVE RECURRENCE I WILL GET PHYSICAL!  BUT THEN I DEAL WITH IT AND MOVE FORWARD...COME BACK AND VISIT MY PITY PARTY AND THEN MOVE FORWARD AGAIN...

NOT EASY!!!  BUT AS JUAN PAUL WOULD SAY...ESSSS OH KAY.

THAT WAS HORRIBLE AND WANT TO DELETE THIS BUT I SPENT TOO MUCH TIME WRITING IT, HA

• dutchiris

Anita was having a scan and CT today I believe.  I wonder when she'll get results.

• Debzjourney14
    Debzjourney14 Member Posts: 41

Ok, got my hat and my tea! 

• ADJ
    ADJ Member Posts: 203

Hey.  results for Anita should be available at my next taxol appt., Wed.  I never will be done with chemo, when taxol quits it's on to the next.  At least I am told there is a lot of ammunition.

Anita

• dutchiris

Sas.....A while back, I asked my onc about the test for the enzyme to metabolize tamoxifen.  She told me they don't do that.  I don't think she'll go for this.  I think I'm feeling a bit better tho.

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

We're having a good time! At the partay!!

• dutchiris

Anita...good they have lots of ammo. Are you having progression or are the scans checking effectiveness of chemo?  So Cami were in Anita's pocket on Wednesday? 

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Gosh Deb z I'm thirsty, wanna share?

• myra104
    myra104 Member Posts: 54

Goodnight madhatters...goodluck with sleep...here's a couple pics

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

• sas-schatzi

Hey oldie owlettes, and madhatters don't forget to keep our new owlettes.

• camillegal

Hi Guys I

m back on aromasin so sleep isn't in the picture like it was--chit. but I tried/

Dutch OK we're busy Mon, Tues and Wed===Thurs day we party again no matter what the results are.

Myra don't ever delete a post no matter what u say cuz if we all did that, there'd be no thread.

anita there is loads of ammo and after a wile u do get used to it (chemo) but sometimes u get in remission and u can just glide for a while, u just never stop seeing Drs. but u keep going. This is supposed to be a pep talk somehow it doesn't sound like one--but there's lots they can do.

And my pick for the day is tea but Long Island please----

So where is Chevy the tramp? I'm the Lady. 

• ADJ
    ADJ Member Posts: 203

oh yes thank you for the pep talks.  My scans are just checking on my chemo.  On a happier note, my big sis is here from Chicagoland, checking on me, AND we get to play with my 7 week old granddaughter.

Anita

• dutchiris

Myra, I agree with Cami.  Please don't delete your post.  There was nothing wrong with it.  You spent alot of time sharing your feelings, observations,  appreciation and empathy for loved ones.  esssss oh kay :)  Beautiful kiddo and momma too.  

• dutchiris

Anita, have fun with that grandbaby.  My autocorrect tried to change the word grandbaby to handbag.  Babies are definitely more fun.  Sister are great too.  Mine went to all my appointments and helped me alot.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Morning all!  So little Bluebirdfierclydefiant!  You changed your NAME!  And I took it upon myself to change it even further!  Ha, ha!  Keeps you on your toes that way....

That one Onc Doc needs a  few lessons on how to win friends and influence people...  Seems she has an attitude problem... We can take care of that for you.... just say the word.... okay?

Cammi has lots of connections... and probably so does this Vinnie Barbarino guy...  I mean NOW we have muscle in our midst!

And this Lilshit sounds almost NORMAL, I mean, talking about important stuff!  But HOPE does mean so much...  We all have to have "hope!"

Cammi is going on, talking like she knows what she is saying!  And DAMN!  She nailed it this time!  I mean about "every action in your body, has a "reaction" and that translates into everything we take for something ELSE, screws any other thing UP."    You got LOST in an office building?????  And then did a face-plant over a counter??   And what's a "cart?"  We have sooooooooo much to teach you! 

Sass wrote "conversely"..... aren't those shoes?  Is she talking about my hot-pink stiletto's?    And why do we have to talk about weight-gain?  When we get old enough, we just drop THAT subject....

Ziggerslilshit!  WHAT IS this with a tea-party stuff?  We've now surely totally completely "lost" it.    Is this something to do with some political insinuation?  or inclination?  But I LOVED tea-parties!  I had a picnic with my DD the other day.... Picnic with a movie in front of the TV watching Shirley Temple!  I thought I TOLD you this already!  No-one pays attention anymore........ sniff....

Morning Inspired!  Nice to see you... a new face.... a new beginning, Ha!  You must be a Doctor.... 

Smaarty, Yes, I will bring you some Coke, chocolate syrup, and lots of ice, and say to hell with the pain...  I'll help you... 

Oh?  Phyllidink heard "party" and thought it was one of HER kind that wound her up in the KLINK in the FIRST place!  Ha, ha!   She shows up with Big Alice?  Again?  Those two are just sort of rowdy, I think!

Thinking of you Tang....  Sheesh!  What next, right? 

And yes Maddy... Lilshit is right.... Sassy made us yell at her, so little Bluebird stood right up and went all Fierce on us, and let us know she was boss, again, so that's why whatever happened, HAPPENED!   And no you littleshit, I was NOT in jail....

See, what happened is.....  When we got home from shopping, and DH left, I promptly threw my cane to the wind, and went outdoors, because it was soooooo nice out,  and I cleaned stuff away from the North side of our house, and re-connected the hose, and drug it out front, and WATERED my lawn and tree!  SOMEone told me about my "roots" so I watered them!  THEN I moved a plant-stand across the flag-stone, to another place beside our garage, and swept all of that, and moved these planters to a better place, and made it look nice! 

THEN it all started to HURT like hell, so I gave that up, and rounded up my cane, and came in, and made a chocolate coke, and sat on the heating pad, and whined.   My fault.... Too much, too soon, too fast. 

Oh wait, I remember saying that once....  ...... 

Aren't those pretty glass vases BONGS????  You are going to get us ALL in trouble!!! 

4444444444!  Yes, you know I can't sit still for too long!  Gives you other gals something to talk about...Ha!  I need YOU to 'splain what I was doing, and WHY!    NO CAMMI, See, I just felt soooooo good, and it was nice out, and DH was NOT here to scold me, so I up and DID it!

Besides, I am better now.... Oh wait....  After SAS called, and scared the SHIT out of me, because I thought, "oh no, NOW what" I went to sleep and woke up, and the PAIN was driving me NUTS!  I got a cramp, or charlie-horse in "that" hip, and OMG, I couldn't fly out of bed FAST enough!  It hurt like a .... like a ..... I can't say it!  So I ran full-steam into the kitchen, took 2 Aleve, and sat there on the bed, and thought WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!   Okay, so I won't work so hard today.... unless it is nice out..... Pain is gone this morning.

So Phylli got a pass to take a trip with Big Alice?  I'd RUN if I were you  Littlegoats!  Those two are up to no good!    You SEE Debzy?  We are all nuts!  You can fit right in, if you like!   

Littledutch!  How did you know I drive a clutch?  Ha, ha!  It's still kind of hard on that clutch-leg.... but getting better.... I WANT another car, and I will GET one, some day! 

Myra....  It's okay..... we got it.....  and sometimes ya' just gotta let it out!  But don't delete!  Esssss okay~!

Morning Anita!  You WILL be done with chemo someday...  I said so!  LOVE the picture!

Cammi is the "lady"?  And I am the Tramp?  Yes.... I like that!  Tramps have more fun than normal people....

Have fun with the baby ADJ~!  I remember when my Grand-sons were mere tykes!  It was a beautiful time! 

Okay.... I should have taken up about a whole page by myself, by now!  Love you guys! xoxoxoxo

Oh wait..... Vinnie, are you still around?  We would like for you to hang with us girls, if you would like!  Only we would more than likely start teasing you too.... I mean just because you are a guy and all, doesn't stop us from  treating you like "one of the girls"......