Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Tang, Vicodin keeps me awake. So do sleeping pills. 

SAS, Check to make sure those wine bottles are not sterilized with iodine. You'd be amazed at all the things that are.

Can't remember who asked, but I have no SE's from my BP meds. I take hydrochlorathiozide (HCT) and losartin. I also take potassium because the HCT washes it out. They check the blood level to make sure I'm in the right range.

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

thank you all for starting my day off in a very good way

Nettie, a big YES to the scar tissue. Went to PT regularly, part of each session was a massage. Always painful when I left, but overall felt better after. Funny thing, was seeing the same two PT's, when I saw third one she found huge spots of scar tissue they never addressed. They also me what I could do to help with it all.

Sassypants (love that name), so what does the new avatar mean and what's the mood behind it?

Linda, it's always good to see you here.

FBB, one month already? Hoping you're a little better every day

Enjoy your Tuesday!

• 2nd_time_around

oh, I forgot to post this yesterday. I washed my car by myself, lots of pain trying to wash the roof even with a step stool. On another thread, someone sent me this to help out:

Thought I'd share

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Um my car needs to be washed too. Could you send him over?

• 2nd_time_around

gladly, I share!

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

Oh, Cami - CRAP on the IRS!!!! And a two-hour phone call with someone you love, and makes you feel better, is never stupid, no matter what time it is. I routinely have those kind of long phone calls. (Yeah, I talk as much as I write....)

Chevy - I have a picture for you. See below.

Hi, dutchiris! Hi, Linda! Hi, Ziggy!

Nettie - cute pic! I'm definitely ready to kick some chit over stuff right now.

Bluebird - gosh, you sure sound better! I LOVE raccoons, but man, those suckers are MEAN!!!

dwill - It was the anastrozole that caused my BP to shoot up so high in the first place. It went back to low/normal once I stopped. Then I started Femara. Since I wasn't having many SEs on letrozole, I honestly stopped checking my BP - DUH! Think I will start taking that diuretic every day now, though...

Wren - if I have to take a BP med, I want to be like you! DH takes Losartin... he says he doesn't have any SEs from it...

Oh, 2TA - you are SO KIND to share your, er, um, "helper"..... nudge, nudge, wink, wink....

~ ~ ~ 

Oh, chit. I just re-read my earlier post and I wrote "If BO can be reduced by changing positions, that means something..." Well, wouldn't THAT save us $$$ on deodorant!!! Of course, I meant BP.

Gosh - so many of you are on BP meds. I'm starting to think I have a mind-set like I did before I started the AIs..... NO WAY! I'LL HAVE AWFUL SIDE EFFECTS!!! DON'T WANT IT!" So..... maybe I shouldn't be such a big weenie, and just see what the doc says.

Check it out - we have our air conditioning on right now! Gettin' HOT here!

xoxo

• Blessings2011

FOR CHEVY

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

Blessings-for awhile they put me on Lisinopril(not sure if that is how it is spelled) and it made me cough all.the.time. It was so bad a night that I'd have to sleep with a cough drop in my mouth....which is not safe. Come to find out, this is a common SE for that medication. Right now I'm on Benicar HCT and have not had any SE's.

My truck is in urgent need a of wash btw! :)

camie-sorrry about the IRS stuff, that would send me over the edge I think.

• 2nd_time_around

taking a list for car washing help....

• 2nd_time_around

ladies, for those of you with younger kiddos (or know someone this may help) please check this out. It's for kids (I believe 6-16) whose parents have cancer. Did I say free? It was discussed at a local BC support group.

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topic/8...

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

OK I don't have a car, no one trusts me, anyway I could use a good washing so he can stop here for as long as he wants.

When I started all this crap I did take BP meds but my BP was totally under control like 120/70 was my norm. They changed all my BP meds and added 2 more and now it's all over the place and a couple of nurses have told me it's usually higher or something when they take it from my leg, cuz they can't use my arms for it. I took 4 different types of meds once a day Now I take at least 12 or more different types of meds all different times of the day and double up on a few so I don't even know the names anymore and I always knew my meds. I just know aromasin that evil tiny pill. My opinion only. I'm not complaining I just mean I think all these pills are recockulous--to many to keep track of what's doing what. But in actuality I do like my Xanax and pain meds LOL I didn't put those in the count cuz I don't take them everyday, but I do like them.

Blessings B O HAHAHAHA--BTW do all of u use the same deordant that u used before--cuz I'm having a heck of a time finding a good one, where as before I could use anything it was OK, now It's all different. And I'm old.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

YOU are old?????????  Kidding right?  We aren't "old" until we are 80 or more!  I'm going to meet my "older friends" for breakfast in the morning, and Ruthie is 90!  I can't believe she is doing so well!  Drives too!  

BLESSINGS!  Yes!  I went to Walmart, and walked that whole store from one end to the other, and THEN back again, because I had forgotten to pick up the water!  But my leg is doing sooooooooo well!  Then I came home, and DH had "walked" out to the garage, to open the garage door!  He has been using his crutches today!   So then we had a little lunch, and just got back in from sitting out back!  Beautiful 70 degree weather here!    I think his mood is better....  So that means mine is too....

You know, you try so hard to help, and do things for them, and they are in this dark place, and just want to hang around IN there!   So maybe me leaving for awhile, made him realize he really DID need me, and would be a little "nicer!"   He even called me, while I was trying to get that case of water in the cart!     I don't mind doing everything for him....  never have... but you don't have to hear crap like "I don't even want to go on anymore."......  Oh blah, blah!    Whine, whine....   With THAT one, I just walked in the bedroom, and went to bed....  didn't even deserve an answer.....   So maybe with him realizing this is not PERMANENT, he will be a little happier?

My um, car needs washing....  I could have him do it, without DH even SEEING him...Ha!   So glad you share!  Loopy  Isn't that guy cute on Dancing With The Stars?  You know, the one that had been dancing with Peta?  OMG!    I could show HIM how to dance....!  On that Ledge.... Or on that pole....!    Would someone watch my cane please?

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

• ziggypop
    ziggypop Member Posts: 276

Chevy's Easter plans:

• ziggypop

fierce bluebird, sometime this summer I am going to drive to Jersey and you and I are going ledge dancing on the coast. Alright? Done. I will bring the wine. 

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

I had a bone scan 1/10/14 and 3/25/14.  Borh only showed arthritis in neck and shoulders.  Onc said she would order an MRI of the left pelvis if the last bone scan was negative and I still had pain.  At the time,  I decided to wait and see.  I was told to call back if I changed my mind.  Today I called.  I hope that I am wasting their time.  However, I worry that I will open an unnecessary can of worms.  Grr...if it weren't for the bc I would not even be worried about the hip pain.

Unrelated to bc, it has been an interesting and stressful day.

• ziggypop

Hole, you must be a couple weeks ahead of us weather wise 'cause I have tulips, daffodils, and hyacinths just about ready to pop, but they're not quite there yet. The deer, rabbits and raccoons usually come and eat the hyacinths and tulips about an hour before they are ready to bloom. So this year I am on the offense. I sprayed deer spray that smells like rotten eggs and planted little garlic sprouts all around the base of the hyacinths and tulips. Then I scattered diced garlic and coffee grounds everywhere. Tomorrow I'm putting out castor oil pellets to chase the moles away.The yard's kinda stenchy but I swear I'm gonna beat the rat bastards this year.   

The day before yesterday I planted a bunch of wildflower seeds, but it was a pretty small plot so I stuck the leftover 3/4 filled packet in my back pocket & then I went in and took a shower and threw my dirty jeans in the wash. Of course I forgot to take the seeds out so they were all over all the clothes in the washing machine & all over the inside of it. I assume I'll have a very pretty garden in there in a few weeks.  

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

OMG, where do you guys find the pictures!

Seating I hotel room, feet up, hot outside, in the 90s!  My good"foot" has blisters, my "bad" is just fine. Stupid!  Last night here, fun but tiring. Maybe last time to DL.  

Everybody take care. 

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

I can totally see myself doing that, Ziggy.  (Forgetting seeds in my pocket, not balancing on a roof.)  

• Nettie1964
    Nettie1964 Member Posts: 627

Random  question....

Anyone have pains in/on their scalp? These are very intermittent, don't last long but hurt.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

no pain, but it sure itches!

• 2nd_time_around

Ziggy, have found/left pretty interesting things in the washer, but that beats all We'll have to see what happens there.

Smaarty, what do you mean last time to D-land? Is it crowded today or are you referring to the future? 

Blessings, what a difference a letter can make: BP --> BO, too funny!

Sassy has been quiet today, wonder what she's up to..........

• 2nd_time_around

for no one in particular........

• Blessings2011

Tang – thanks for the warning. I knew someone else who had
    that same SE on Lisinopril! My mom used to sleep with a cough drop in her mouth
    (for dry mouth)… I always worried about that. I’ll have to remember Benicar…

Oh, Cami, yes – all those meds ARE recockulous!!!! LoopyBut we do
    have our favorites, don’t we! As for BO, I always used clear Dry Idea Powder
    Fresh prior to BC. But after BMX, no matter how much I used, I still smelled
    skunky!!!! So I switched to Dove Invisible Solid Powder. Yeah, it has chemicals
    in it. No, I don’t care. I don’t stink any more.

Chevy – Congratulations! You just spent the afternoon doing
    the only exercise I can stand: Retail Aerobics. You go to WallyWorld, up and
    down each aisle, filling your cart, crossing things off your list (if you even
    made one.) Then – you push that filled cart back and forth across the whole
    store… even better if you go to a SuperCenter… and the faster you go and the
    heavier your cart is, the better the workout. And all those idiots who get in
    your way? I’ve found that if you don’t make eye contact, they’ll skedaddle
    outta your way – quick! Hope your hubs is on the fast track to healing…

Ziggy – Peep Show - too funny! Hey, do you have daffodils?
    That’s one thing our deer never ate. I want to see pics of your washing machine
    in a few weeks. (Don’t do any more wash til then… just keep it damp….)

Dutchiris – Hope tomorrow is a better day for you…

Smaarty – that’s right… it was in the 90s in several places
    in Cali today! Stay hydrated…

Nettie – Only when I get acupuncture. She places the needles
    down the middle of my scalp…

Hi, Spookiesmom!

2TA – that list for your car washing helper is getting long…
    does he have a friend?

• 2nd_time_around

Blessings, will this do?

• Blessings2011

Soooo.... I saw my PCP today, prepared to THROW myself at her feet and beg for mercy.... Please: no statins, no BP meds! Bawling

(Yesterday, my MOs minions got a BP of 167/95, so they called my PCPs minions, and ratted me out. The PCP made them call me and schedule a visit.)

Long story short: I get two months to try to lower both my cholesterol and BP by diet and exercise. WOOT!!!!!

I am a happy camper. I do not want any more drugs. I just have to give up my crunch-on-carbs-every-minute-of-the-day habit. And I got some new exercises I may be able to do without stressing out my back (Spondylolisthesis at L3/L4; disk is tilted and pressing into my spinal cord.) PCP is ordering me a back brace.

AND - Kaiser is currently rethinking what "normal" BP is for those patients who have no other existing illnesses like diabetes, heart disease, or kidney disease. Today mine was 135/76. PCP said she was not worried. 

All in all, a great visit!

• 2nd_time_around

Blessings, now that's good news!

Now, for my good news, check out:

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/31/topic/...

• 2nd_time_around

Saw this and thought of this thread.......

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378

you have never seen a cleaner car than mine....

• 2nd_time_around

mostlymom, that is true! But really who cares how clean the car is after that team? The one on the chair needs to be careful!