Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

FBB, that sucks, but thanks for letting us know. Sending lots of gentle hugs and love your way. Will keep you in my prayers. Rest up and check back when you can.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Ya'all just wait till Sunday! Smaarty will hear us in Cali laughing! This is gonna be soooo much fun!! I'll keep my phone charged ready for pics. 

• Nettie1964
    Nettie1964 Member Posts: 627

FBB, wishing you a speedy recovery.

Chevy, thanks for trying to fix me as it seems the drs aren't interested.

Believe it or not, I didn't have it that bad just a lot of crud.

Just tired of having to second guess all these dang pains.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Oh FBB sorry u landed in the hospital now, but they'll fix u, Big (((HUGS)))

Phylotakepics and Sassaphrass we want pics ASAP.

Oh Chevy I'm so glad u'r DH is better, that seemed fast to me, maybe not u but to me it did. And u can fix a lot here so just keep thinking--gives u something to do.

Nettie this whole experience is a bunch of crap, that's why I never called it a journey or me a survivor. Journey I think of happy times and survivor is like I really fought and protected people. I've done nothing but take ordrs and do what I'm told (mostly) and this road has been a road of potholes and gravel and I still feel like I'm on the gravel so that's how I think. And u know I forgot about nodes for some reason, Ziggy of course that makes  a difference, I think when those nodes light up they seem to be more vigilant (maybe) And I did have 2 separate oprations cuz the first one would not be covered for both boobs cuz one was fine--then the other betrayed me about 1 yr. later with more nodes. So I don't know how they think, but I do know when just one is taken u are so totally off balance it' funny walking especially when u have big boobs, u lean LOL.  

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

Fbb get better

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

FierceBlueBird,   I hope your stay is short & your pain is being controlled...stay strong

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931

Sending powerful and healing thoughts your way FBB! 

http://www.josephinewall.co.uk/bluebird.html

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

Jwoo-love the pic!

FBB-hoping this stay will be short ((hugs))

Hole-what are bursting nodes, sounds awful!

Cammy-I feel the same way, journey and survivor irritate me. And when people say oh you are so strong, I'm thinking I'm just doing what anyone would do. You are right though, all I've done is what I've been told to do. In the beginning I was in shock and fear, I didn't even know what to ask or what to look for when it came to doc's.

love you beauties!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Smarrty. The ankle braclete is intact. AND PHYLISS is  Gorgeous , looks healthy. hair is beautiful. Skin gorgeous. 

Came just when i was finishing putting away groceries, thinking I need to get the second shower of the day. Hair a in all directions. SO, cool cuz all I wanted to do was sit and talk-----we did that ---late dinner. 

She and DBF got on well......There all in asleep. 

Me krips, I'm wired----. Any time my Di comes, we do side along cleaning. I'm so feeling it. Almost to the way the house used to be--before  BC-----so very nice. Declutterred another cupboard YaY. DI IS SUCH A GREAT WORKER. We have fun cleaning. Her beinging here motivates meOh well grrat time

But two new problems in a space of hours-Chit

• 2nd_time_around

Sassypants, splain yourself: "She (Phyllssishere) and DBF got on well..... There all in asleep." Scuze me? Now, how good-natured are you? Sharing the DBF? And "Two new problems in the space of two hours".... PhyllisshareswithSassy and DBF? Spill it sister.....

Ok, since the gorgeous Phyllisisgorgeous is staying with you, pictures will be expected soon.

Tang, who are the cuties in the new avatar?

Did I see earlier that Jwoo has been renamed Jwow? Beautiful picture, thanks for posting!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

FBB, Get well quick! Tell them to give you probiotics with those anti-B's.

Nettie, I think once you've been diagnosed, every pain and ache is suspect. For me that has gradually subsided a bit. I know what you mean tho. I've gone to physical therapy twice for back pain. I just want someone to take a damn X-ray. Then if they don't find anything, I'll put up with it.

Chevy, Darn you. That story about the lab made me cry. I love labs. I had a lab mix and DS has a purebred. They are the best dogs in the world with children.

I'm looking forward to those Florida pics.

• ziggypop
    ziggypop Member Posts: 276

FBB - get better, we have a date for some ledge dancing. 

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

But very happy Phil and I have been planning for months. Now we can just enjoy. :)

Except for my friggen no iodine diet. -------

Called youscript pharmacist and  radiation oncogolist today-----to see if defects in 3's were a concern---neither knew-----they have time to work before the 21st. Cool they have to figure it out before I'me given the drug versus after.

• 2nd_time_around

Sassy, white dove of peace? What's happening?

Chit, missed a bunch of posts... How did that happen?

Chevy, have seen the story about the lab several times. Makes me cry every time I read it.

• camillegal

Sas White Dove--U'r all over the place---Wren and 2nd--Sas is being confusing to me again. But very generous to share her DBF with  Phylodowhatever.

Oh we have a mixed lab too--they talked about the story some said I was made up, but it could be true, cuz I think labs have that loyalty--Ours isa rescue and at first very good but quiet and scared--especially of my cat--now he's all comfy barks at the proper time so we know someones's around and just listens completely and loving. But still afraid of the cat but now they get along and I love to watch them at the front door when it's nice we have the door open and they both lay next to each other and when someone walks by they look at each other and watch the people with their ears up.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Morning gals! 

Oh?  We have another "sick one" in our midst?  WTH Fierce?  I thought we took care of you better than that! 

Man, I'm so sorry!  But just for a little reading humor....

DID YOU HEAR THAT PHYLLITRAMP IS NOW BEDDED DOWN WITH DDDBBBFFF OF SASSY'S????????

Guess she doesn't care though.... she is doing something with iodine what's  his name ...

And Nettie... yes DH IS much better....  Except he drank a little prune juice last night.... "WON'T DO THAT AGAIN" AT NIGHT.... so he says.

But sorry Fierce.... I had pneumonia once also...  and it was bad...  I didn't wind up in the hospital, because we were visiting my folks in San Francisco, and I was with my Daughter's, so I tried so hard to act normal, (just don't even think it)  but I fell like crawling under a rug and just succumbing into eternity...  We DID come home early...  and drove from Colorado Springs to Denver, and then with what little strength I had left, went BACK to Doc's, and he put me on MORE antibiotics and breathing stuff, and Prednisone and that kitchen stink stuff.....!

Morning Teka, Jwow, Blondie and GGho!

Yes Tang... and Cammi.... I feel the same way... Like I survived a Hurricane or something...  Well sort of... but I get what you mean...  It's like we're running from something, afraid it will catch us, and then we find ourselves here, and we are sometimes better now....   Still plugging along...  And THEN we have other stuff going after us!

Wren and CAMMI!!!!!!!!!!  Okay, I gave up!  That WAS not true!  Dang!  So I cried for nothing.... Oh well, it really was a beautiful story... Don't tell the others... maybe they didn't even see it?

Yes, I don't know how pertinent 'WHITE DOVE" is to this discussion either...  I think it is for "peace" or something.... SURE it is... the only piece is what those other two.... oh never mind...

Lilshit.... How come YOU'RE so quiet about this one....??  Did you miss the inference completely? 

Okay.... going to jump in the shower now...  Ha, ha Cammi!  Beat you!  Now I AM THE CLEAN ONE!  almost...

• Chevyboy

• Chevyboy

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

Little blubiebird.  Stop being sick.  I mean it!

Made it to sassy's place yesterday ahead of schedule...but I see that she's already posted.  I'm not really sure what all she talked about but just to be clear...I do not do housecleaning!

• Chevyboy

Oh okay!  And you didn't turn in at the same time DDDDDBBBBFFFF did either.... right? 

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463

Somebody get this wrist monitor off a me! I've chiseled halfway to the parking lot, just a few more feet to go.

Jwoo, awesome painting!

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

My avatar is our mini schnauzer and my baby girl, but it's from about 2 years ago. Jackson and Isabella :)

TGIF!!

• camillegal

FBB are u on th way home?--did u break out like Phylosleeparound does all the time.? How do u feel.?

Chevy I like the way Phyloslutgirl talks so innocently about housework..     Who gives a chit about that,???  We're talking about what she's really doin' in Sasashare and her DBF. She's barely in the house and goes to bed--er sleep. Well can' say much if Sas is so generous in so many ways. Pics ladies and don't put any X-rated stuff on from u guys.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Phyl. If she even tried to make you do housework I'll help you throw her in the pool Sunday

• ziggypop
    ziggypop Member Posts: 276

Why are you all giving Sassypants a hard time? She's sharing.Sharing is a  good thing. Where

's your manners?

Edited To strike the question, "were you all raised in barnyards" at the request of the mods

• camillegal

Oh OH we just got yelled at by Ziggy, Ziggy Chevy started it.

• Nettie1964
    Nettie1964 Member Posts: 627

Ok, I'm either really slow today or I've totally missed something!  I'm so confused!!Loopy

I can't keep up with the flow of conversation!  

So I'll just make my exit politely and wish you all a great weekend!!  I'll be popping in, but if I stay confused I'll spend half my weekend go backwards on the thread to try to figure out what is going on!  

Later ladies!  Oh, just wanted to ask - is their a thread dedicated to whining??  I would like to join as it seems that's all I can muster lately and it is SO NOT me!

• camillegal

Nettie u'r fine here we encourage wine any time of the day oh or whine too--so don't worry about it. Whine and wine away.

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

imageThis was under whine. Scary owl. Whining is good for the soul. I said so!