INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• bdavis
    bdavis Member Posts: 3,192

going to try to sleeeep

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

oh bd  you got to go to bed honey------ but do you need to talk about anything?

• bookart
    bookart Member Posts: 210

SAS - my partner says my brain wasn't right for about 8 months after my bmx.  No chemo to blame it on.  They had trouble getting me out and then trouble getting me awake, so ws prob overdosed a bit.  Then tried Ambien to sleep - partner made me quit after a couple of months 'cause I forgot everything.  As you say, poor brain.

• sas-schatzi

okay-------------- it's me and the chickens again

• bookart

Cluck, cluck, braak.

• bookart

I should be asleep - muscle relaxer and hydrocodone for back pain, but of course, I'm awake.

• sas-schatzi

Bookart-That's why i C&P'd that post here---------all drugs have consequenses

• bookart

Well, chickadee, I'm going to try to sleep.  Partner has minor surgery tomorrow (later today) and I have to do all the driving to and fro, so I better have a bit of sleep under my belt.

• sas-schatzi

Oxycodone within my own frame of reference has kept me up for as much as 36+ hours------but i rarely take it. for that reason

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Evening all. Like the theory about anesthetic. HAve certainly had my share and agree that it takes ages to feel completely OK after one, then add chemo on top and who knows what would happen.

• bookart

ja - most people i know would be out like a light with these drugs but they never seem to have that effect on me.

• bookart

My job requires I be on top of it, brainwise, so 2010 was interesting, to say the least.  I've been leery of anyone suggesting surgical options ever since.  I'll do it if i have to, but avoiding it if i can.

• sas-schatzi

Oxcodone is a nasty drug --------but when need is good

• bookart

I heard somewhere that you can expect it to take 2 months for every hour you are out for your brain to recover from anesthesia.

• sas-schatzi

hey alyson --your here now  and bk leaving--------

• sas-schatzi

bk ---everything I wrote about anesthesia---true------no one can tell because of what I said they are making assumptions----the truth is unknown

• bookart

I've never done Oxy - sticking with hydrocodone for now.  Past difficulty with rx painkiller addiction keeps me from doing anything I don't absolutely need to.  Liked Vioxx, too bad it bad for my heart.  Like Ultram, too - can't remember why it's not available anymore.  These are both non-addictive.  Hydrodocone is OK for me - I figure out pretty quick with I don't need it anymore.  And it doesn't do anything for me except maybe keep me awake!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,502

Hi late-nighters. Just passing through.

Judith

• sas-schatzi

Well Alyson agter so many years working with post sugical and having surgey myself  my theory is not off base

• bookart

Hey Judith - I still have to go to Active Topics and re-enter the thread that way after each time I post.  Thought I would let you know.

• trail2
    trail2 Member Posts: 33

Hi,  i just woke up a little while ago and thought i would see who was awake. 

• sas-schatzi

Bk you are way off base on what you just said-----way off base but go to bed ---you have to way study these drugs------but to late tonight for your wake up call

• Alyson

I agree. I have had many anesthetics etc and know how they affect me. Also have had over the years had to take fiarly hefty painkillers and now have to take fairly strong stuff to get relief. Its four years since my dx and I am still having all sorts of SEs from the treatments.

• sas-schatzi

Hello trial3

Alyson are you still ther?

• sas-schatzi

Alyson what kind of se

• sas-schatzi

Judith hello----------not ignoring you ---was just going to sign off then bling bling bling

• trail2
    trail2 Member Posts: 33

Hi Sas,  this is my first time posting on this topic,  i have times that I dont sleep, but since i started chemo, have been forcing myself to try and sleep more, but tonight woke up and havent gone back yet.  nice to know there are others awake,  everyone here inclucing the dog is asleep

• Alyson

I am playing mahjong and this site is still not working quite right. I retired from teaching after going back for a year - I found it just too stressfull. Ihave rheumatoid arthritis as well so I have 'flares' when I am barely able tyo do anything but it is my concentration that has gone. I find it so difficult to sit down and do things for an extended time. My mind has always been like a grasshopper but its far worse these days.

• sas-schatzi

Alyson assuming you are writing

• sas-schatzi

Alyson How many chemo's and how many anesthesia's