INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Something went funny and I had to go out and back in.

• Alyson

I just wish I felt 'normal' again

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

How many pain relievers a day etc. -----------------all drugs that cross the blood brain barrierscrew up brain chemistry. ---------the biggest one is short term memory-----if stm is screwed----long term memory is screwed

• trail2
    trail2 Member Posts: 33

i have been trying to be positive about everything, thinking and planning about when everything will feel better and this dark cloud will be lifted,  but for now,  i just want to feel good again,  i am not sure that normal is possible, because I might not have been normal before BC.  Laughing

• sas-schatzi

Trail 2 where  did you go

• trail2

i am here,  is that what you meant?

• sas-schatzi

Trail --------I'm working with a counselor on those exact questions

• trail2

I have considered a counselor, but havent done that yet,  I am still so new on this road that I feel like I am treading water like a mad woman.  I am coming to the conclusion that this will be an opportunity to remake myself into something new,  stonger and more focused on what is really important,  My biggest fear is that I may be kicking some to the curb when this is all over.  Life is to short for  bull sh**.  But then I realize that I am probably not the easiest to get along with right now.  This may be like an addiction,  one day at a time, cause to look much further is too overwhelming, but not impossible

• sas-schatzi

Different in that i was married for 38 years, we both had CA at the same time.  GREG passed in AUg 2010, AND now I'm 60 fell much younger look much younger. What do I do with myself  besides trying to maybe take a typing class,----------LOL

• Alyson

Sas at present I take Brufen extra x3 a day as well as panadol for ordinary days, tramadol for extra ordinary pain and severdol if things get really bad.

• sas-schatzi

Well hold on lots of suggestions , but slow typer

• Alyson

So am I

• trail2

Sas,  I am sorry for your loss,  you have had a tough year,  I know it is hard to find something to do,  I havent gotten that far yet. right now i think about all the things i used to do that  i cant right now, but hopefully something will come along that will make us happy and something that each of us can do  and get pleasure from.  I guess we are all professional healers right now.  in charge of healing ourselves.  i am just too tired to try hard right now. 

• sas-schatzi

Two sets of questions going on------so be patient

trial we have work to do

alyson will deal with tour drugs first

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

i tried to drink some "herbal" tea, if you get my drift, around midnight, took 50 mg of diphenhydramine (benadryl) at 12:30. went to try to sleep around 1:00. stayed awake in bed till 2:15 (just now). hubby is snoring and kicking in his sleep....

at least last night i got like 11 hours of sleep!!!

I did a fundraiser walk, spent all afternoon gardening, and kept busy all night last night!!

now i am an insomniac once again..

• sas-schatzi

Okay wait aminute does somebody not want to wait  and sign off

• sas-schatzi

ANgel hi sweetie have work to do ----stay on board

• Alyson

Sas, I will just be hanging around, coming back in and out;it mid evening here. Forgot to say I also am on femara which is one reason for my wakeful nights.

• hdangelbaby

GRRRR!! I will be on femara at the end of rads.. I'm in a phase III clinical trial that compares tamoxifen and femara in premenopausal women who have had ovarian suppression during chemo and rads (triptorelin,zoledex, or lupron)

5 more years of insomnia?? I need a hobby if I'm gonna be up all the time!

• sas-schatzi

Trial --you are a complex case -----lots of suggestions---and it'422 am we could meet at a later time----------you have a handle on what's going ------------strong---- need to be directed to other useful resource on the discussion board and BCO

fatigue  and insomnia at the same time is one of our biggest enemies

• sas-schatzi

Hey I'm on Aromisin  went through arimidex and femara That's why we are here-----------WTC

• hdangelbaby

yup it definitely is!

and my onc told me to stop taking ativan for sleep (it started not working anymore about 2 weeks ago). the benadryl really worked for me for about a week now. i'm thinking about taking the ativan tonight (or this morning rather!) to see if it will work.

i'm in the other bedroom and i can hear hubby snoring... i may sleep in the game room or on the couch tonight.

I don't know what i will do when i go back to work and need to be at work at 8 am again!

• Alyson

I am a trial comparing femara and arimidex in post menopausal women. I usually go to sleep OK but generally wake about3 for a couple of hours. Think I have got used to it. Sometimes listen to the radio or I get up and make a cup of tea.

• hdangelbaby

I swear my husband was purring a minute ago..............

• trail2

Ok,  enjoyed chatting,  i need to sign off anyway.  i have to get up at 6 and get son ready for school.  Good night , and I would love to chat another time.  thanks !

• sas-schatzi

Trail thanks for thoughts of Greg

Alyson ----what drugs do we need to del with

angel-------love you babe but trying to multitask so stay if you want to but. if you were all here I could do it -----two finger typing doesn't work with nultitasking -----------loved your menu the other night

• sas-schatzi

angel and alyson don't go away

• hdangelbaby

still here! just bouncing between threads!!!!

• sas-schatzi

it's like feast or famine-------------all these questions at once then people hang up before the response can be given----wtc

• hdangelbaby

sas, while you are multitasking, i am going to go get an ativan and a beer..... it worked on night a week or two ago.

oh geez!! the cat is in heat too!! i can hear her moaning and groaning!!!