INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

I have one- but sad I can't be there-- from the old neighborhood I grew up in ---One of the guys is retiring and everyone but me and one other guy is not going to be there circa1947 to 1962. I told my brother to charge his phone and be ready to pass it around. Brings tears to my eyes. Because out of10 of us 5had polio. we played sandlot ball and would figuired out how to work it out for the different disabilities.--------------wow tears are flowing at the memories

• sas-schatzi

ROTTEN potatoes child traumatized ----worker was probably equally the same---what did I say.

• sas-schatzi

I wanted to play football and the guys wouldn't let me---had to fight. Then I make this awesome tackle______---really just happened to be at the right place and I flew off into the bushes------- no problems after that

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849

Wow Sheila, I can see the same thing years from now, seeing how many in a group have had breast cancer - it's the new polio - and hopefully preventable soon, all cancers....

• sagina
    Hugs to you! I think you need a big hug right now!Smile
  • sas-schatzi

It was an amazing time-----pre vaccine-----we pretty much all took care of each other. MY brother had a bum leg, I'd be his runner. stuff like that.

• sas-schatzi

Gina -------caught it-------------------ahh Thanks feels good

• windlass
    windlass Member Posts: 1,813

Hi, all: I am up past my bedtime trying to get sleepy enough to go to bed.

• windlass

SAS: I finally recovered from that awful cold. The sore throat turned into a bad cold, with sinus congestion and chest congestion. I think it's finally under control. Then I had my second A/C treatment yesterday, and am doing much better than the first time around.

• sas-schatzi

My sister who also had BC tells me that the doc that invented the treatment for LE was an AUSSIE. WHAT lots of people don't know is the physical therapy for polio victims was "invented by a nurse in Australia . FOR USA folks nurses in Australia used to be called Sister--------Sister Kenney in the movie was played by Rosalind Russell. It was the origin for todays modern physical therapy----------Is she given credit--------noooooo At least not here.

• sagina

Hi Windlass, I took an anti nausua called Emend.  It was fabulous!  It was only for the day of chemo and two more days, then I felt like crap...but it went fast.  How often is your treatment?

• sagina

I saw that movie and I LOVE Rosalind Russell, Tuner Classic Movies late at night is my date!!!

• sas-schatzi

Windlass, so glad you are doing better.............you really need to go into home isolation with treatments. AND haNg a sign ----IF you think you're sick or have been exposed do not come here or whatever------- LIke go away

• sagina

Windlass, I told people when they were around me to think the same way they do around a newborn - wash hands, don't touch, no sneezing etc.

• sas-schatzi

GIna everything in that movie is true. Even as a 2 y/o I can remember being stolen out of the hospital by my parents and being taken to a Sister Kenney clinic--it was so scarry because they thought someone might fight them about it. It was considered quackery at the time

• windlass

Emend was great, not much nausea at all this time. Just a few hours right after treatment. Then today I was starving and ate like a horse.

• windlass

Okay, I am going to try and hit the sack. Nite ladies! Don't stay up too late.

:)

• sas-schatzi

forgive me I type by light of the computer screen and have to look at the tabs. Then when I look at the posts without reading them before hitting submit  OH MY... by the time I correct misspellings things have moved on

• sas-schatzi

Gina?

• sagina

that's ok Sas, if it wasn't for spell check, you'd have to sound out all my words....when does chemo brain go away?  My last chemo was valentine's day....and my surgery was March 11, I read your posts about anesthesia head....

• sas-schatzi

judith wiped out my post-----still have to come in through the back door-------unless I remember to hit the refresh tab on IE, ---------BUT FYI firefox doesn't have a refresh tab

• sagina

Auntie Mame, and Gypsy, my other Rosalind Russell favs.

• sas-schatzi

I"M thinking and counting-gina

• sagina

Oh, mine hasn't been working either, I have to go back out and come in does the same thing in the Catholic thread

• sagina

are you counting chickens....?

• sas-schatzi

Well I haven't done a science research on the subject---------so, I can't say that anyone has tested it. But anecdotally--------meaning from experience------it could be several months to several years. It just depends upon the brain assault. I. E  x number of chemos and x number of anesthesias. and then all the other chemicals on top of that. Did I repost that here or was that ON tha CATH. thread that you read it?

• sagina

I don't know where I read it, I just know that you and another nurse were discussing and it made so much sense.  me and the cancer  were assaulted with AC and Taxotere at the same time every 21 days for 6 cycles....I can't stand a fuzzy brain....it did how ever shrink my tumor to nothing.  There was much debate about big it really was.  US showed 4 cm before biopsy, I didn't see surgeon or OC until after - they thought between 5 and 7....I almost fell out of my chair.....

• sas-schatzi

See the problem with me is we had  2 cancers in the house at one time----------so our assault was x's 2 --------I know I'm better than I was , I also I'm not who I used to be.

In a different time , on a day off finding an answer to that question , i might scan a couple hundred abstracts, and thin it down to the best dozen or so----------and considered that fun. Now--------shit been reading the same damn book for 2 years

• sagina

lol! who reads?!

• sagina

I hate to have to say goodnite, but the DD should be home anyminute, driving in from college for the long weekend.  I will talk with you later, thank you for the wonderful company!