INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Judith I just sent you a PM telling you that I am still having problems posting on here....I am able to post, but after I do it goes to the starting post and none of the others show up and then I have to go to my favorites, click on that and only then do I get back to what has been posted......so I am able to get here, but it isn't working the way it should be.

Chrissy....Sounds as if your family likes Italian.  So I think an Italian restaurant should be on your list of things to do when you are here. 

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

We love Italian food and I must admit it's my favourite to cook as well. 

I have that same problem with the site too.  Another hick up is my guess....lol

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,502

Got it, thanks Marybe! I'm making notes for the tech folks.

• Ok, I just lost my post.  Hope this thing isnt acting up again.....or maybe George hit the keyboard. 

• chrissyb

Since when have you let George do your typing for you Marybe?....lol

• Oh, he's got a mind of his own.  Guess what, I am typing without any glasses at all...could having just the one eye done, already make such a difference.  I tell you I certainly do look like a different person without one bit of eye makeup on.....not better, just different....much worse actually 

• So when are you going to see DD in the hospital?  And when are they going to do surgery again?

I have a teeny tiny headache....had one earlier today right after surgery.  This is very strange for me as I never have headaches. 

• Chrissy, Nancy, anyone there? 

• chrissyb

Sorry Marybe, I'm here.  I'm goining down to the city in the morning to see her and I'll probably stay for  few days.  It looks like the op won't be redone until Wednesday next week after the Easter/Anzac Day break.  Poor kid has to be in pain until then.

Good to hear that the eye is already showing a vast improvement.

• I just don't understand how these hospitals can allow someone to just suffer for days until doing something that will help them.  Are they that busy? 

• chrissyb

No, everyone is away and it's only a skeleton staff.  The hospital that she is in is a small private hospital not the big State hospital.

• I am going to go to bed for real this time....my eyes are at half mast.  Have you gotten the birth certificate yet so you can get your passport, Chrissy?  I am going to get mine.....have no travel plans, but I want to be able to go if the opportunity comes up....would like to go to Ireland again and Germany to visit my cousins and who knows may even make it to Australia one of these days.  I am not thinking negative, but whenever I get a bad report and my onco starts in on how I should be thinking about disability again, it sort of gives me that little kick in the butt I need to stop putting things off. 

• chrissyb

LOL Marybe, you crack me up.  The b/certificate has been applied for so any day now.....yahooo!  You get some sleep and I hope it's a good one.  Night!

• Is there a larger facility she can go to?  Or would that be too difficult? 

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Good evening ladies.

• chrissyb

The larger facility is the Sate hospital and she chooses not to go there.....can't say I blame her either. 

• Good night gals....see you tomorrow, perhaps.  My dad is here so he may want to go to the movies or something.  Yes, I hope to get some good zzzzzz's tonight.  I woke up after dozing this afternoon and it was daylight and I thought Oh No, I was supposed to be at the hospital at 5 AM and now I have missed it....then I realized I had been there, done that , and was home. 

• chrissyb

Hi Chaba!  How you doing tonight?

• chabba

Just dropped in to see if anyone is around.  Fe4ll asleep in my chair an hour and a half ago and just woke up hungry so I'm having a bowl of ice cream.  Tired enough I may just go to bed after early as it is.

• chrissyb

I can relate to that as I do it often...lol.  I'll bet that once you finish the icecream you'll get a second wind.

• chabba

crissy, I have a fantastic recipe for spaghetti from a Sicilian friend of mine, from her Granddmother.  Big though, more than enough for your family.  Starts out with 6 12 ounce cans of tomatoe paste and uses pork spare ribs for the meat.  You debone the ribs after they have cooked in the sauce for hours.

• chabba

Finished the ice cream and think I will go to bed. 

chrissy, if yiu're interested I'll get out that recipe for you.  Sandi always called it a spaghetti sauce so I do to---but she served it with penne, ravioli or in lasagna.

• chabba

Nancy,  I love to make ravioli.  I do a chicken and spinich version that is heaven with an alfredo sauce.

• chrissyb

Chaba, I'd love the recipe, thank you.  I've just put the sause onto cook so have a little whie before I need to do anything else.....whew!

• chabba

Chrissy - Sent you a PM, hope the recipe got through OK.  Best made a day or tow ahead of time.  Enjoy!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Chrissy- thanks for the offer to chat last night. Think I must have left BC.org as a galpal was on facebook chat so she kept me distracted for awhile...funny the things that go through tyour head in a moment of panic....I sat and breathed deeply....no crying, no fretting really...just waiting o see what my body was going to do...didn' tdo much so I took the darn zopliclone and fell asleep...How are you doing?

Marybe- So....what do Canadian's eat? (maritimes vs. Ontario vs. prairies:)

• Sandeeonherown

Nancy- I am doing better thanks...panic passed with the angina feeling and then I did go to bed once I was sure it was not goign to come back....did not relish the idea of calling 911 at 2am again!.....should have a little bag packed just in case...thiking of also changing the numbers in my cell phone so if I do go into hospital in an emergency again,t ha they will be able to sort out who the heck to call.

I am also an Italian fan. When I was in NYC in March, I stayed a block from a great Italian restaurant in Little italy...despite being from the maritimes, I had a great clam sauce and linguine..nothing like fresh !

• Hmmmm, what do Canadians eat....Canadian bacon perhaps?  I have only been a few places in Canada...Quebec, Victoria and VanCouver.....each of those places reminded me of Europe.  

I love Little Italy...one of my favorite Italian dishes is Veal Picatta and I also love Limon Pollo (am sure this is spelled wrong.  That spaghetti recipe that feeds a crowd....bet I could put a big dent in it by myself.  Ummmm and Tirramisu....love it! 

• Sandeeonherown

Marybe- good answer!!! Canadian bacon...was always a treat as a kid....more likes smoked ham than bacon really....on th eeast coast, seafood chowder is the biggie..and mussels and lobster...Quebec has poutine, peasoup, eggs with maple syrup.....oy!! Probably similar food as Maine I guess...

Tiramisu...yep..ate that when I was there...delectable!

•   So are we chatting early tonight?  How are you sleeping anyway?  I don't know if it was the fact they gave me valium yesterday in the IV or surgery is just tiring, but I slept like a log last night and think I will be ready to turn in early tonight also.  So how are you doing today?