INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

you can imagine the reaction by a class of teenage girls!! The teacher's wife was a Kiwi and explained his mistake when he told her about the incident.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Rohanna, that's good to hear that you are doing well.  This thread is jumping most nights but occassionally it gets quiet but hey, when we're here we're here to chat and have fun and wile away the night time hours till you can sleep again or not.   I'm good and I hope getting better all the time!    

• rohanna
    rohanna Member Posts: 154

Alyson, you have an actor named Karl Urban who I absolutely lust after! I have evey movie he's ever been in. If I come to NZ can you help me stalk him? Err.. I mean find him? I loved him in Lord of the Rings. He has such a big helmet!

• rohanna

Chrissy, I'm watching Graham Norton. He cracks me up!

• chrissyb

Thank goodness I'm not drinking tea at the moment or it would be all over the computer!!!!!  My DH is looking at me as though I've gone completely mad!!!

• chrissyb

He is a blast!!!   I watched a DVD of his at my DD2's place when she was recovering from an op and we were both laughing so hard I had to turn it off lest she break her stitches!!!!

• chrissyb

Nancy, what other little gems have you found?

• rohanna

Nancy, the guy from Australia once asked me if I ever wore suspenders. I said "No, just usually a belt." He looked at me in great confusion and said " How does that hold your nylons up?" Evidently, garters are suspenders down under. (Sorry for the pun!)

• rohanna

Chrissy, I love Graham's "Tales from the big red chair." Wish I had one of those!

• chrissyb

We actually call it suspender belt.   The belt is the bit that goes around the waist and the suspenders are the two bits front and back that attatch to the nylons (stockings) and hold them up.

• chrissyb

Rohanna, just the look of the guy cracks me up....he doesn't have to say a thing!   Yeah the big red chair is pretty good and I wouldn't mind one either.

• rohanna

Chrissy, did you ever meet a girl named Fanny? I went to high school with one! I think it was a nickname for Frances. Wonder if she ever visited Australia? Can you just picture it when she introduced herself?

• Alyson

He's married with a little boy. But evidently lives here in Auckland

• chrissyb

Yahoo!!  They are some great Aussieisms!!!   We have a saying when the odds of something happening and it goes like this:-    There are two chances of that happening, buckleys and none.   The moral....it means the same thing....it ain't gonna happen.

• chrissyb

Rohanna, there was a girl named Francis in my year at school but her nick name was Franny for that very reason!

• rohanna

Ok, ladies. Melatonin time. If you happen to swing by Memphis in your travels, hit me up and we'll do Graceland and do our best Elvis imitations!

I haven't laughed this hard since before my diagnosis! Thank 'ya, Thank 'ya veruh much! (That was my Elvis.) I'm going to drop by more often. You ladies rock!

• chrissyb

Night Rohanna.  Sleep well!  We'll catch you next time round.

• chrissyb

That is a great Aussie movie!  and the young cute guy is an old not so cute guy now.....lol  He is the son of an actor names Gus Mercurio who was an expat American.  Paul Mecurio is the guy you are thinking of.

• Alyson

Sleep well.

Will be turning in soon myself even thought its early for me. Was really  unwell yesterday with nasty cough but thankfully better today just hope i don't cough all night again.

Half watching TV but not sure for how much longer.

• chrissyb

Hope the cough doesn't keep you awake.....prop your bed slightly so you are not flat, I find that helps with the coughing.

• Alyson

Actually used tripillow for most of the night. Just a nuisance thing really.

• chrissyb

Alyson i can't use a tri pillow, I've tried and I jus keep sliding off the thing.....lol  I put a very firm pillow under the matress which raised the angle slightly and then allows me to sleep normally without trying to wrestle with extra pillows.

• chrissyb

Nancy,  I have watched that movie over and over again and enjoy it every time......he was a very accomplished dancer and had a really hot body!....yummmm

• chrissyb

Yes, he has a TV show here in Aus and he travels the country and cooks with local and native foods.   It's very interesting.

• Alyson

Secret Millionaire is on so might watch for a while DH is watching a DVD in the other room.

• chrissyb

Rest well Alyson and enjoy the show before hitting the hay (going to bed) and hopefully sleeping well.

Nancy, if you have laundry to do in four hours you had better ge some sleep as well.  Pleas don't forget to get yourself some Melatonin tommorow....you need sleep to be well!

• chrissyb

Night Nancy, sleep well!  I also hope Sheila is okay.  No probs about leaving me here, it;s only 7.00pm here so I have DH for company and the tele if necessary.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• chrissyb

G'night.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

ChrissyB ----------try that blue butter on a hot burger, allow enough time for it to seek the crevises. prefreably a burger that is rare medium----------a thing of the past---------oh well.

Many restaurants are trying blue cheese on burgers-------the key is mixing it with the butter . AND either having a hot burger from the grill or putting for a minute under the broiler.

Now lets talk about the same recipe on Fiet mingnon-------------oh my

Trying to find nancyand thats life.

• chrissyb

Shiela!  nice to see you.  Are you okay?  I will try that blue butter but to tell the truth I forgot about it....lol   CRS happening again.